Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8888 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 223  Next

How Will You Vote
Conservative 29%  29%  [ 63 ]
Labour 17%  17%  [ 36 ]
Liberal 28%  28%  [ 60 ]
Green 4%  4%  [ 9 ]
Brexit Party 5%  5%  [ 10 ]
SNP 4%  4%  [ 8 ]
Plaid 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
DUP 3%  3%  [ 6 ]
UUP 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Sinn Fein 7%  7%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 218
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:12 pm 

[list=][/list]It’s on like Donkey Kong.

Last edited by Sefton on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 pm 

Surely students and postal voters should be allowed to vote at least twice?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:24 pm 

RodneyRegis wrote:
Surely students and postal voters should be allowed to vote at least twice?

Don’t worry, Rodders, they’ll be bringing back property owning requirements soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:26 pm 

No UKIP option Sefton. That restricts some on here

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:27 pm 

Add in UUP there Seft

I reckon the DUP will lose seats to UUP.

UUP are remain and could take the farmer vote in Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:28 pm 

Sinn Fein useless fucks will get the nationalist vote but wont take their seats

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:34 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Add in UUP there Seft

Yep UUP should take the farmers vote. Except for Willies of course :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:37 pm 

I doubt I'll even vote. I felt Labour's 2017 manifesto was flawed but had much of what the country needs. Investment and an eye to the future. I don't trust that shit show to be able to actually do it and add in the corrupt leadership, bent racism and protection of racists, the hounding out of anyone with either a different view, a perceived different view on Jews or are less then happy with Corbyn being the 2nd coming. I don't see them changing soon, Corbyn or no Corbyn as leader.

I'm mildly happy that Boris is ending austerity and wants to spend, but the Tories seem to offer so little and I'm a believer no party should stay in power for to long.

The Lib Dems have always been untrustworthy opportunists and their complete rejection of the vote despite their leader saying they should have a Brexit referendum, until her husband was paid millions for pro EU propaganda, is just more of the same. What's more any and all positions on Brexit are toxic now. Leave? TOXIC. Remain? TOXIC? 2nd vote? Toxic? I wnat it resolved soon so hopefully it will all die down. But tragically that c#nt Farage will present it all as a betrayal anyway as that's what he lives off.

On the Brexit issue, I just don't know what to do or where to go. I don't think Boris will quite invest in education, training and business needed to make the country able to deal with and prosper with life post Brexit. Even though he indicated he will invest something. Some of Labour stuff is great but a fair bit of it is 1970's bollocks, like I really don't care to see money spent on nationalising stuff for the sake of it now. I'm so uninspired in politics right now, there isn't even a pragmatic lesser of the evils vote to be made.

Last edited by eldanielfire on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:39 pm 

HighKingLeinster wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Add in UUP there Seft

The absence of a DUP/UUP election pact will probably mean SF holding FST, SF gain in NB, and ALL gain in EB. SB could be interesting as well.

Will Lady Hermon run again in ND ?

If she doesn't , is it another alliance gain ?

DUP will hold all their Antrim/Down/Nth Armagh rural seats despite everything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:45 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Add in UUP there Seft

Done but everyone’s vote was cancelled. You know how us marxists work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:47 pm 

Sefton wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Add in UUP there Seft

"we marxists", Seft. Like all marxists you are an educated "petit bourgeois", and not a member of the proletariat, and are consequently educated well enough to know your grammar.

:P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:54 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
I doubt I'll even vote. I felt Labour's 2017 manifesto was flawed but had much of what the country needs. Investment and an eye to the future. I don't trust that shit show to be able to actually do it and add in the corrupt leadership, bent racism and protection of racists, the hounding out of anyone with either a different view, a perceived different view on Jews or are less then happy with Corbyn being the 2nd coming. I don't see them changing soon, Corbyn or no Corbyn as leader.

I'm mildly happy that Boris is ending austerity and wants to spend, but the Tories seem to offer so little and I'm a believer no party should stay in power for to long.

The Lib Dems have always been untrustworthy opportunists and their complete rejection of the vote despite their leader saying they should have a Brexit referendum, until her husband was paid millions for pro EU propaganda, is just more of the same. What's more any and all positions on Brexit are toxic now. Leave? TOXIC. Remain? TOXIC? 2nd vote? Toxic? I wnat it resolved soon so hopefully it will all die down. But tragically that c#nt Farage will present it all as a betrayal anyway as that's what he lives off.

On the Brexit issue, I just don't know what to do or where to go. I don't think Boris will quite invest in education, training and business needed to make the country able to deal with and prosper with life post Brexit. Even though he indicated he will invest something. Some of Labour stuff is great but a fair bit of it is 1970's bollocks, like I really don't care to see money spent on nationalising stuff for the sake of it now. I'm so uninspired in politics right now, there isn't even a pragmatic lesser of the evils vote to be made.

Not sure we can all decide to park it in the “too hard “ tray.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:59 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Sefton wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Add in UUP there Seft

"we marxists", Seft. Like all marxists you are an educated "petit bourgeois", and not a member of the proletariat, and are consequently educated well enough to know your grammar.

:P

Evil Marxist scum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:00 pm 

3 way election in our constituency, fatso.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:06 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Add in UUP there Seft

The absence of a DUP/UUP election pact will probably mean SF holding FST, SF gain in NB, and ALL gain in EB. SB could be interesting as well.

Don't think Sylvia will be running again, but then again it was a shorter term than expected so perhaps. She came under real pressure from DUP last time out, so could see a DUP win unfortunately. I liked her as independent but has had some interesting voting this time, including if I am not mistaken, not backing an election (which is a no-brainer unless you seek to pontificate)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:07 pm 

Sefton wrote:

UKIP, Farage party and Tories. For shame

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:07 pm 

Unappetising as hell and somewhat suspect I may need to vote tactically with my views in the Hampstead & Kilburn seat...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:08 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Says Mr Cheshire Set.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:11 pm 

my 2 cents wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Add in UUP there Seft

Don't think Sylvia will be running again, but then again it was a shorter term than expected so perhaps. She came under real pressure from DUP last time out, so could see a DUP win unfortunately. I liked her as independent but has had some interesting voting this time, including if I am not mistaken, not backing an election (which is a no-brainer unless you seek to pontificate)

I'd have thought a lot of the ND electorate would be successful middle class who don't want Brexit.

Not an opportunity for Alliance ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 pm 

Sefton wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Says Mr Cheshire Set.

:lol: <Globus mode> I have a Labour MP. He lives very close to me and I know him well. A very nice chap <Globus mode>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:49 pm 

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeoplesMomen ... 0899764224

Looks promising.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:58 pm 

Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Says Mr Cheshire Set.

:lol: <Globus mode> I have a Labour MP. He lives very close to me and I know him well. A very nice chap <Globus mode>

Seft has always looked longingly to the East.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 pm 

MaccTaff wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Says Mr Cheshire Set.

Seft has always looked longingly to the East.

As we look to the West

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:02 am 

Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Frodder wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Says Mr Cheshire Set.

Ask him why he want an anti Semitic Marxist to lead the country ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:18 am 

eldanielfire wrote:

' Tories seem to offer so little' Eldaniel - I want my politicians to keep away from most of what I do - exceptions would be security, a genuine social security safety net for those that genuinely need it, country infrastructure etc
Labour want to interfere in our lives (as do the SNP) - they want to control industry (trust me - if you seriously think utilities will be better nationalised speak to anyone older than 40!)
Just promise to not offer much

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:22 am 

I think I'll vote for a good, entertaining election that is a good advert for democracy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:25 am 

If you can't be bothered to vote, how on earth do you feel that you are able to post on Political threads..... :blush: :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:22 am 

Sefton wrote:
It’s on like Donkey Kong.
It's on like Fat Pat's thong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:31 am 

malky wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

' Tories seem to offer so little' Eldaniel - I want my politicians to keep away from most of what I do - exceptions would be security, a genuine social security safety net for those that genuinely need it, country infrastructure etc
Labour want to interfere in our lives (as do the SNP) - they want to control industry (trust me - if you seriously think utilities will be better nationalised speak to anyone older than 40!)
Just promise to not offer much

Quote:
like I really don't care to see money spent on nationalising stuff for the sake of it now

I'm not asking for politicians to interfere in lives. I do genuinely believe that we should have a society closer to how the Nordic countries balance things out and the main focus in the UK should be major investment in education and skills. That would probably include more investment in social services to support kids in broken homes earlier and ideally holistically. Ideally way more support at the nursery stage. We are products of our environment and the problems with society will only genuinely be resolved by genuine investment in people. This is also more important with the world economy changing drastically over the next 20-30 years, automation etc needs to be worked around.

At the moment schools and hospitals are are stretched about as far as they can go, the goodwill of teachers filling in the extras and stretching resources can only go so far. I don't think I've seen much in the way of plans yet from Boris to invest in schools in the region that is visionary. Likewise I don't think Labour busting Private schools right now is gonna do anything except cost the state more for no reason. None of what I've highlighted involves politicians getting involved in most of what you do. Improved services actually help you in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:44 am 

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
If you can't be bothered to vote, how on earth do you feel that you are able to post on Political threads..... :blush: :?

Are you really asking zee that question?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:48 am 

5 votes for labour, so there are at least 5 racists on here :?

Add Diane Abbott’s maths, corbyn and his ‘it’s too dark in december’ and the whole economic illiteracy shown almost daily by their MP’s, and it does prove there are 5 truly clueless people on here.
I can understand and sympathise with voting for any other party or brexit decision, even if I don’t happen to personally agree with it - but not a vote for the current Labour Party.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:56 am 

I'll be voting Labour.

Labour / Tory marginal with a Tory currently in Westminster. Lib Dems miles back in 4th in the last election.

It's a shit sandwich, bit I'm just going to have to take a bite.

I'd vote for almost anyone over Boris and the gang.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:56 am 

Will people vote on local matters or straight down the line on Brexit.
It's going to be interesting to see how Farage with play this.
It's going to be a real roller coaster.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:57 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
I'll be voting Labour.

Labour / Tory marginal with a Tory currently in Westminster. Lib Dems miles back in 4th in the last election.

Racist :nod:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:02 am 

backrow wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
I'll be voting Labour.

Yeah, you got me Yeeb.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:04 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
backrow wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
I'll be voting Labour.

Yeah, you got me Yeeb.

Bloody pool shitters

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:05 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
backrow wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
I'll be voting Labour.

Yeah, you got me Yeeb.

What have jews ever done to you then ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am 

Tories or Brexit Party for me. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
I'll be voting Labour.

I’m going to enjoy the Labour governments affects on your life. You want a terrorist sympathiser Marxist dimwit to be in charge.

You want Rebecca Long Bailey who has not the slightest grasp of business reality in charge of business decisions.

You want Diane Abbott in charge of crime and the home office.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:14 am 

bimboman wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
I'll be voting Labour.

I’m going to enjoy the Labour governments affects on your life. You want a terrorist sympathiser Marxist dimwit to be in charge.

You want Rebecca Long Bailey who has not the slightest grasp of business reality in charge of business decisions.

You want Diane Abbott in charge of crime and the home office.

:lol:

That may all be true, but if for example local services improve people generally don't care who heads the party in government because often the personal vileness or niceness of the countries leader is irrelevant to the policies that affect your directly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8888 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 223  Next