Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12549
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
We should just combine them at this point.

Anyway, I am not sure if this was posted but it underlines how out of control the cops int he USA are and the media. We all know that the media fires up the left with the white cop kills unarmed black boy/man because those sell articles and get clicks. However look at how this article was buried.

Quote:
Oklahoma State Troopers Shoot and Kill Pastor While Trying to Save Him From Flood Waters
The wife of a man who was fatally shot by Oklahoma highway patrol officers as they responded to a stranded vehicle call has questioned the initial police account of the incident.

Nehemiah Fischer was an assistant pastor at Faith Bible Church in Tulsa. Police said the 35-year-old was shot dead by a highway patrol officer who responded with a partner to a call about a motorist stuck in a truck in rising waters in a rural road south of Tulsa after 9pm on Friday night.

Seven people have been reported dead in Oklahoma as a result of severe weather that has also badly hit Texas.

According to police, the officers told Fischer and his older brother, Brandon, to leave their stalled car and move to higher ground. Some kind of confrontation ensued and Nehemiah Fischer was killed. Brandon Fischer was not hurt. He was arrested on suspicion of assault.

“They would not have gone after the trooper … they would not do that on their own volition,” the dead man’s wife, Laura, told FOX23 local news.

Fischer had a gun, said captain Paul Timmons, an Oklahoma department of public safety spokesman. He said he was unable to provide more detail about whether Fischer was armed at the moment of the shooting and who exactly fired the shots.

“A handgun was found,” he told the Guardian. “I can’t verify whether it was being brandished but the deceased individual did have a handgun … the investigators are still trying to determine how many shots were fired. We know there was more than one but an exact number, I don’t have that information available yet.”

Timmons said the officers involved would be placed on administrative leave, as is routine when police are involved in a serious incident, and more information, including their names, would be forthcoming later this week.

“It had been raining; that’s an area known to flood. I believe the road may already have been closed because of flood waters,” said Timmons. “The water was rising and running across the roadway rapidly and the troopers were concerned for these individuals’ safety.
Advertisement

“We’d already had numerous operations where we’d had to make water rescues around the state, so they were concerned for their safety, that they may be swept away by the rushing waters, so they were trying to convince them to come up to where they were so it would be safer.”

A friend of Fischer, Mike Haesloop, also questioned the police account of his death.

“He’s not the kind of guy that’s going to pull a gun on anybody,” said Haesloop, who was Fischer’s high school basketball coach and his father’s tax preparer. “He’s more one that’s going to pray for you.”

Haesloop said he had kept in touch with Fischer after he left school and had seen him most recently at a funeral within the past year. He was a well-liked member of the community, Haesloop told the Guardian.

“I’ve known Nehemiah for years. Never known him to drink, never known him to do anything [wrong]. I don’t get it. None of this is making any sense.

“When I got the news that he was shot and killed … You just shake your head and go: ‘What is going on, did God run out of good bodies up there?’ Because he’s the last one you’d think that would be in this kind of trouble.”

Laura and Nehemiah Fischer married last year. He ran a construction company, according to his LinkedIn page, and was a frequent guest speaker at the church on biblical topics. His middle name was Blessed.

“He was the nicest person I’ve ever met. He was very giving and he made me want to be a better person. He just inspired me; honestly, he completed my life,” Laura Fischer said.


http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... g-flooding


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12549
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Here is a URL of a cop arresting a pregnant black woman. https://youtu.be/REjKtVOZ_R0

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/28/us/barsto ... index.html
Quote:
(CNN)An officer's body cam video shows what the ACLU alleges was a wrongful arrest and the wrestling to the ground of an eight months pregnant black woman after she got into an argument with a white woman outside a school in Barstow, California.

"I'd say it's pretty horrifying because the parent is dropping off her second-grade daughter (and) got into altercation with another parent," Jessica Price, an attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California, said of the video, posted online by the group. The women were upset with each over a driving dispute.

"A lot of people are going to look at this and going to say there is some level of racial profiling and bias going on here," Price said.

The city of Barstow, however, said police acted properly in the January arrest of Charlena Michelle Cooks of Barstow, though a charge of resisting arrest against her was dropped.

"It is apparent that Ms. Cook actively resisted arrest," the city statement said.

The city also disputed the ACLU's racial characterization of the incident.

"This incident was in no way racially motivated, as implied by the ACLU," the city said. "Barstow is a racially diverse community, as is our Police Department, and we affirm our Police Department's commitment to protect and serve all of our residents."

Barstow police said they are conducting an internal review.

"Once the department was made aware of the incident, we initiated an internal investigation, and it is ongoing at this time," Lt. Mike Hunter said Thursday.

That police investigation started on Tuesday, five days after the ACLU posted the video online and issued a news release about the incident and that of another arrest of two brothers who, like Cooks, declined to identify themselves to police.

The city agreed to end "stop and identify" arrests and paid a $30,000 settlement to the brothers after an ACLU complaint, according to the civil liberties group and the two brothers.

'Another outrageous beating'

In an interview with CNN, Cooks, 29, said the officers treated her "like an animal, like a monster, like I didn't exist, like I was not human."

The video shows separate statements by the two women to police, and each accused the other of being threatening in a dispute about how each was driving in a parking lot. The women provide dramatically different accounts to the police officer.

"I felt like he took her word over mine automatically," she said. "He automatically assumed I was guilty.

"I'm really scared," Cooks added, crying. "I'm trying to move out of Barstow now, like tomorrow.

"I was in unbelievable pain," said Cooks, who moved to Barstow in July. "I felt they killed my baby already.

"I work so hard to provide for my family. This is not an issue I wanted. I was just dropping my child off at school for the day," said Cooks, a retail clerk.

Cooks was dropping off her second-grader at the time. Cooks' pregnancy resulted in the birth on March 30 of a full-term girl, Olive, two months after the police incident. The baby is healthy, the mom said.

Cooks' attorney, Caree Harper, described the video as "another outrageous beating of yet another undeserving citizen in this country."

"It's clear that the treatment of the blond complaining female was different than the treatment of my client," Harper said.

"Constitutionally speaking, she's done nothing wrong," Harper said.

Resisting arrest charge dismissed

Cooks was charged with resisting arrest, but a judge later dismissed those charges, the ACLU said. San Bernardino County Public Defender Phyllis Morris said Cooks was charged with resisting arrest on January 26, but a judge dismissed that charge on April 23 after a defense motion asserting an insufficiency of evidence.

At issue was how Cooks declined to identify herself fully to police in Barstow, a Mojave Desert community that's 115 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles.

After Cooks gave only the name of "Michelle" and nothing more, two police officers began arresting her and wrestled her to the ground despite her protests and admonitions that she was pregnant and had just dropped her child off at the school, the video shows.

In fact, the ACLU says, Cooks was correct in telling police that she didn't have to identify herself, under California law and the Fourth Amendment.

"Cooks should not have been arrested for failure to identify herself," an ACLU statement said. "A person who is not suspected of a crime has no obligation to identify herself. Even if an officer is conducting an investigation, in California (unlike some other states), he can't just require a person to provide ID for no reason. The officer can ask for ID, but the person can say no.

"In California, as long as the request for ID is not reasonably related to the scope of the stop, you have the right to refuse to show your ID to law enforcement except in the following cases: If you're driving and pulled over, you need to show ID (and) if you have been arrested or booked, show your ID," the ACLU said.

The ACLU posted the video in connection with a news release about the settlement with Barstow and its Police Department in the case involving the arrest of two brothers.

"We feel it's a very important teaching tool on what not to do on the police officer's part," Price said of the video.

The ACLU is not representing Cooks in any action against the city or its police, Price said.

What happens in video

In the video, the officer approaches a woman, who is white, outside a school. She indicates she earlier called them.

The woman states, "I work here," and tells police she got into an argument with another woman about a near collision in the parking lot and accused the woman of punching her window and throwing something. She also accused the other woman of driving recklessly fast.

"She scared the hell out of me, and I'm like, I'm calling the police," the woman says, accusing the other woman of screaming and acting "all crazy."

The woman isn't identified in the video, and police declined to comment Thursday.

The officer tells her: "I don't see any crime. I'm going to document her name, probably her story, and I'm pretty sure she's going to (provide) a story where it's your fault and this and that."

The white woman isn't identified in the video. She wasn't charged by police, the ACLU's Price said.

The officer then approaches Cooks, who is standing on the sidewalk.

Cooks tells police that she was dropping off her daughter and then she got into an argument with the other woman about whether the driveway was one way.

Cooks: "I feel threatened by her -- because she's white, if she's white, if she's making threats to me. I feel threatened by her."

Officer: "I actually do have the right to ask you for your name in this case, OK."

'I'm pregnant'

Cooks makes a phone call, and while she does, she tells the officer her name is Michelle. Cooks often goes by her middle name, she said.

Officer: "Ma'am, I'm going to give you two minutes."

But the argument between the officer and Cooks escalates. The officer grabs Cooks, and a second officer joins him.

Cooks begins to shout and scream.

Cooks: "Don't touch me, don't touch me! ... I'm pregnant, do not touch me!"

The two officers pin her against a chain-link fence, and the pregnant Cooks lands on the ground, on her stomach.

Officer: "Why are you resisting?"

Cooks: "Please stop this!"

The officers handcuff her as she faces the ground.

Officer: "OK, get up, ma'am."

Cooks: "I can't because I'm pregnant! ... Please don't touch me!"

The officers struggle to lift Cooks from the ground.

Cooks: "Stop it! Let my arm go! This is ridiculous. What are you doing?"

Officer: "OK, you're under arrest," and the officer walks her while she is handcuffed to the squad car.

Cooks weeps, telling police she doesn't want to get into the squad car.

My client #MichelleCooks disagrees w/ Barstow PD. Excessive force was used on 8mo pregnant Black female: https://t.co/EmUJN5vUKa
— Caree Harper (@AttyCareeHarper) May 27, 2015

ACLU: Perils of handcuffing a pregnant woman

The ACLU said the officers risked Cooks' pregnancy by handcuffing her behind her back.

"She ended up on the ground and on her belly. She couldn't use her hands to break her fall, and she was unable to pick herself up afterwards," the group said. "The ACLU has long advocated restricting the use of restraints on pregnant women. It's a terrible idea to handcuff a pregnant woman behind her back. This video shows why."

A similar case

The police encounter with Cooks came at a time when the ACLU and the city of Barstow were negotiating a settlement involving the arrest of the two brothers who declined to identify themselves at a taco shop last year, the ACLU said.

Jesse and Robert Katz, then 34 and 23, were approached by police in January 2014 when a restaurant customer and others accused them of stealing a vaporizer, the ACLU said. The customer called police but had no evidence, the ACLU said.

The Cooks incident happened one day before the ACLU and the city of Barstow reached a settlement in the Katz case, Price said.

As part of the settlement, Barstow police agreed to train their officers on how they may not arrest someone solely for refusing to show identification, Price said.

The brothers, of Morgan Hill, California, were each charged with resisting arrest, but those charges were later dropped, according to postings by the brothers on their manufacturing design website.

The city paid the brothers $30,000, and they donated $10,000 of that to the ACLU, the brothers' website said.

The city statement acknowledged Thursday that "the Katz brothers were arrested for delaying and obstructing an officer's duties."

But all charges were dropped, the city said.

"As a result, a claim was filed against the city. Subsequently a settlement was reached between the city of Barstow and the Katz brothers in respect to this matter," the city statement said.

The ACLU is supporting legislation in California that would require police to disclose racial profiling data collection.

"We know how many shark attacks that happened every year, but we do not know how many police racial profiling incidents that happen each year. We're not studying whether police departments have racial disparities in their interactions," Price said.


This video highlights a point I make on the Black in America thread. If me and my white friend had a fight the cops would show up and I would be restrained while he got first chance to explain himself. The call to the police was made by the white lady but see how the cop gets out and doesn't confirm any of that with the white lady. Doesn't ask for ID or anything, just tells her she has to call the insurance company. Then turns to the black lady and is more aggressive. Demands ID when she refuses to produce it which is her right. He can legally request it but she doesn't have to produce it, the situation escalates quickly and there she is arrested. According to the cops they believe that she stepped back so she resisted arrest. He didn't try that with the white lady because he feared she might be connected. No such fears with the black lady.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15676
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12549
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


So the inconsistency in treatment didn't strike you as odd.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20246
Way to escalate the situation Mr Police Officer. Smooth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5869
Location: LOL! WISDOM!
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


That's shit policing, the idiot officers provoked the whole incident.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm
Posts: 11081
I watch a lot of online videos of police commuting brutality and murders.

When not killing humans they enjoy shooting peoples dogs. Not vicious dogs, just regular pets. There's even a video of cops shooting a cow.

The comments sections offer some sound advice. Don't call the police.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:45 pm
Posts: 954
Dont the officers take an oath about serving the community and protecting the individual ?

Its lovely here in La-La land .

💉


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm
Posts: 11081
Best gore calls the police " the largest street gang in America"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12549
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
What about these two?

Delaware kicks unarmed suspect, charges dropped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245xDDHD-pU

Orlando cops kick handcuffed suspect - https://youtu.be/ywTGb1EMGRs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 783
Location: M.E.
Deadtigers wrote:
What about these two?

Delaware kicks unarmed suspect, charges dropped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245xDDHD-pU

Orlando cops kick handcuffed suspect - https://youtu.be/ywTGb1EMGRs



Hectic, power corrupts.

I'd be sure to get on the ground from now on if a Police officer with a gun shouts at me to do so multiple times.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 3:50 pm
Posts: 576
Deadtigers wrote:
What about these two?

Delaware kicks unarmed suspect, charges dropped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245xDDHD-pU

Orlando cops kick handcuffed suspect - https://youtu.be/ywTGb1EMGRs


The Orlando suspect......sorry, but I had to laugh at the facial plaster :lol: that looks ridiculous


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:57 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53545
Deadtigers wrote:
What about these two?

Delaware kicks unarmed suspect, charges dropped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245xDDHD-pU

Orlando cops kick handcuffed suspect - https://youtu.be/ywTGb1EMGRs



So in one case plaster bit had been resisting arrest and beating his girlfriend and we get to see the last few seconds.

In the other case the officer was charged.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34908
Location: Planet Rock
message #2527204 wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


That's shit policing, the idiot officers provoked the whole incident.

Even though the officer clearly had no need to ask the woman her name I would have thought he had the right to compel her to give him her name. It seems however that she did not have to give him her name and it's a bit shocking that the officer did not know this. Also why tell her she has two minutes on the phone then start grabbing her after 30 seconds.

It's a bit sad fatcat has no problem with things like that


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34908
Location: Planet Rock
bimboman wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
What about these two?

Delaware kicks unarmed suspect, charges dropped - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=245xDDHD-pU

Orlando cops kick handcuffed suspect - https://youtu.be/ywTGb1EMGRs



So in one case plaster bit had been resisting arrest and beating his girlfriend and we get to see the last few seconds.

In the other case the officer was charged.

This thing about grand juries not indicting officers is really scary. The guy is kneeling on the floor and the officer kicks him in the face so hard that he breaks the guys jaw yet the grand jury saw no probable cause that the officer had committed a crime and he was able to return to work having been on paid leave.
Luckily a new prosecutor is now in office two years after the incident and the police officer has been indicted. Which is clearly what should have happened in the first place

In the other video we see the man surrender to police by sitting down at which point they start kicking the shite out of him. The last few seconds that we get to see are police officers assaulting a man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15676
Anonymous. wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


That's shit policing, the idiot officers provoked the whole incident.

Even though the officer clearly had no need to ask the woman her name I would have thought he had the right to compel her to give him her name. It seems however that she did not have to give him her name and it's a bit shocking that the officer did not know this. Also why tell her she has two minutes on the phone then start grabbing her after 30 seconds.

It's a bit sad fatcat has no problem with things like that



The woman was stupid. She came across as racist saying she was threatened by a white woman. Refusing to give her name is pathetic whether she has to or not. Then she just shouts the same thing over and over and over, in the way that stupid drunks do. I feel sorry for her unborn baby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


A breathtakingly stupid obnoxious woman providing a textbook example to people of all races and gender on how to get arrested.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
DT, in all seriousness, have you ever had a good sit-down talk with your parents and asked them why they moved from Ghana to such a relentlessly racist country?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10534
Location: Texas
Seneca of the Night wrote:
DT, in all seriousness, have you ever had a good sit-down talk with your parents and asked them why they moved from Ghana to such a relentlessly racist country?
Particularly with the costs of Ghanaian funerals, it looks like a thoroughly reckless financial decision.

DT, IIRC you had a family member in Houston, how is he finding it there?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
Mr Mike wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
DT, in all seriousness, have you ever had a good sit-down talk with your parents and asked them why they moved from Ghana to such a relentlessly racist country?
Particularly with the costs of Ghanaian funerals, it looks like a thoroughly reckless financial decision.

DT, IIRC you had a family member in Houston, how is he finding it there?


Ghana is where they have those cool fantasy coffins right?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10534
Location: Texas
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
DT, in all seriousness, have you ever had a good sit-down talk with your parents and asked them why they moved from Ghana to such a relentlessly racist country?
Particularly with the costs of Ghanaian funerals, it looks like a thoroughly reckless financial decision.

DT, IIRC you had a family member in Houston, how is he finding it there?


Ghana is where they have those cool fantasy coffins right?

Image

Yes, and there have been article about the costs in the U.S. for Ghanaian Expats for keeping up with the Annans when it comes to funerals.

Bit of a threadjacking, apologies DT but I thought of it again recently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
So Ghanaian funerals are like Indian weddings.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10534
Location: Texas
Seneca of the Night wrote:
So Ghanaian funerals are like Indian weddings.

Well I wouldn't want to generalize, given funeral practices in India are so diverse (compare Hindu or Jain with Muslim and Parsi, all different) and I expect that within Ghana there will be distinct groups, but investing in Funeral Service companies near an Expat Ghanaian community looks to be a winner. The costs are crippling for some families.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12549
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Fatcat, I hope your trolling. That can be the only way someone can respond like you have. You didn't watch the whole video either. The cop doesn't ask the white lady for any ID. No proof of. Who she is but demands ID from the Black woman. When she resists, which she has a legal right too, he claims to give her two minutes then 30 seconds later he arrests her. How do you put a pregnant woman on her stomach?

Sen, the above statement goes for you too. As for moving here, well it was the 80s and they were believe the immigrant line that this is the land opportunity for you and your children. No one tells you the racism you will endure once you get here. I will admit that I have had opportunity and I have made the most of it.

Mr. Mike and Sen, the casket industry is still young and is not based on any culture. It started years back when I fisherman asked to be buried in a boat. The guy made a casket that looked like one, word got out, more people got that then, people started asking for different things, he filled the order. Then photos of the caskets made it the west and the rest is history.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10534
Location: Texas
Deadtigers wrote:
Who she is but demands ID from the Black woman. When she resists, which she has a legal right too, he claims to give her two minutes then 30 seconds later he arrests her.

Thanks for the answers on the funerals.

Possibly pedantic point, but does she have a right to resist arrest, or simply no obligation under California law to provide her name in the absence of an suspicion of a crime having been committed?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
These threads of yours are becoming increasingly disingenuous DT. The thing is there is only one side presented, and only one side will be presented. You've cloaked yourself so thoroughly in the ideology of oppression, despite being a member of an outperforming immigration group you've closed down a lot of the debate.

Is there white racism towards blacks in America? A few minutes looking at Youtube comments would confirm that. Is there inappropriate behaviour by cops against blacks in America? We know from many cases recently this to be the case Was there a horrific race based murder by a white loser in a black church just the other week? Yes.

I am not going to provide a source for this at all, but there are some quite remarkable statistics going around about the levels of black on white homicide in America v white on black, and also a truly phenomenal amount of black on white rape that beggars belief. A quick search on Youtube will uncover stuff like the knockout game and such like.

Looks to me like there is a constant low-level race war going on America. And both sides are at it.

I'd prefer these threads were deleted to be quite honest - they don't create discussion. Everyone is too scared to say what they really think so you've got the soapbox to yourself.

I'll just opt out of reading them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12549
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Mr Mike wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Who she is but demands ID from the Black woman. When she resists, which she has a legal right too, he claims to give her two minutes then 30 seconds later he arrests her.

Thanks for the answers on the funerals.

Possibly pedantic point, but does she have a right to resist arrest, or simply no obligation under California law to provide her name in the absence of an suspicion of a crime having been committed?



No one ever has the right to resist arrest once the cop acknowledges that he is arresting you, you have to comply. The thing is what is he arresting her for? She has the right to refuse to show ID. She has the right to walk away unless he is arresting her. Even someone who is of special interest in a crime is not under arrest and has the option of going with police and meeting them.

I am curious about what happenned to the blond haird white lady who made the call? How does she feel about seeing a pregnant woman arrested?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
Mr Mike wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Who she is but demands ID from the Black woman. When she resists, which she has a legal right too, he claims to give her two minutes then 30 seconds later he arrests her.

Thanks for the answers on the funerals.

Possibly pedantic point, but does she have a right to resist arrest, or simply no obligation under California law to provide her name in the absence of an suspicion of a crime having been committed?


Any dumb-arse white privileged student in Dunedin who was that obstructive and dismissive of a policeman would find themselves rough handled to the ground and tossed in the cells for the night. She just had no idea how to handle herself.

I guess we should have empathy for someone that self-destructively stupid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10534
Location: Texas
Deadtigers wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Who she is but demands ID from the Black woman. When she resists, which she has a legal right too, he claims to give her two minutes then 30 seconds later he arrests her.

Thanks for the answers on the funerals.

Possibly pedantic point, but does she have a right to resist arrest, or simply no obligation under California law to provide her name in the absence of an suspicion of a crime having been committed?
No one ever has the right to resist arrest once the cop acknowledges that he is arresting you, you have to comply. The thing is what is he arresting her for? She has the right to refuse to show ID. She has the right to walk away unless he is arresting her. Even someone who is of special interest in a crime is not under arrest and has the option of going with police and meeting them.

I am curious about what happenned to the blond haird white lady who made the call? How does she feel about seeing a pregnant woman arrested?
Well to be fair, she may have just assumed the other woman was fat. I think we have all done that at some stage.

It is a fairly clear case of wrongful arrest, his vest cam recorded his conclusion that she had committed no crime and then he got the law wrong on the obligation to provide her name. I am not sure the law in California is as clear as you suggest on the underlined portion, the recent public indecency case against an actress in California demonstrated there was some scope for an obligation to provide names where there was a reasonable suspicion of an offense, something that the police officer here specially stated was not the case.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46862
Location: In the Centre/left wing
The tacit undertones on this thread are clear and unpleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
c69 wrote:
The tacit undertones on this thread are clear and unpleasant.


See, even you won't say what you're thinking!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 46862
Location: In the Centre/left wing
Seneca of the Night wrote:
c69 wrote:
The tacit undertones on this thread are clear and unpleasant.


See, even you won't say what you're thinking!

Somethings that lurk in the dark recesses of the collective Id are better left alone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
c69 wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
c69 wrote:
The tacit undertones on this thread are clear and unpleasant.


See, even you won't say what you're thinking!

Somethings that lurk in the dark recesses of the collective Id are better left alone.


Quite.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34908
Location: Planet Rock
fatcat wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


That's shit policing, the idiot officers provoked the whole incident.

Even though the officer clearly had no need to ask the woman her name I would have thought he had the right to compel her to give him her name. It seems however that she did not have to give him her name and it's a bit shocking that the officer did not know this. Also why tell her she has two minutes on the phone then start grabbing her after 30 seconds.

It's a bit sad fatcat has no problem with things like that



The woman was stupid. She came across as racist saying she was threatened by a white woman. Refusing to give her name is pathetic whether she has to or not. Then she just shouts the same thing over and over and over, in the way that stupid drunks do. I feel sorry for her unborn baby.


I agree with you she was being stupid but the only people breaking the law were the police officers. That really is the bottom line


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10534
Location: Texas
Anonymous. wrote:
fatcat wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.
That's shit policing, the idiot officers provoked the whole incident.
Even though the officer clearly had no need to ask the woman her name I would have thought he had the right to compel her to give him her name. It seems however that she did not have to give him her name and it's a bit shocking that the officer did not know this. Also why tell her she has two minutes on the phone then start grabbing her after 30 seconds.

It's a bit sad fatcat has no problem with things like that
The woman was stupid. She came across as racist saying she was threatened by a white woman. Refusing to give her name is pathetic whether she has to or not. Then she just shouts the same thing over and over and over, in the way that stupid drunks do. I feel sorry for her unborn baby.
I agree with you she was being stupid but the only people breaking the law were the police officers. That really is the bottom line

:thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34908
Location: Planet Rock
Deadtigers wrote:
Fatcat, I hope your trolling. That can be the only way someone can respond like you have. You didn't watch the whole video either. The cop doesn't ask the white lady for any ID. No proof of. Who she is but demands ID from the Black woman. When she resists, which she has a legal right too, he claims to give her two minutes then 30 seconds later he arrests her. How do you put a pregnant woman on her stomach?

Sen, the above statement goes for you too. As for moving here, well it was the 80s and they were believe the immigrant line that this is the land opportunity for you and your children. No one tells you the racism you will endure once you get here. I will admit that I have had opportunity and I have made the most of it.

Mr. Mike and Sen, the casket industry is still young and is not based on any culture. It started years back when I fisherman asked to be buried in a boat. The guy made a casket that looked like one, word got out, more people got that then, people started asking for different things, he filled the order. Then photos of the caskets made it the west and the rest is history.

I think you meant when she refused to give her name. I find it hard to believe you have the right to resist arrest. Even if you have not committed an arrestable offence. Surely that is something that has to be decided at a later date.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10534
Location: Texas
Anonymous. wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:
Fatcat, I hope your trolling. That can be the only way someone can respond like you have. You didn't watch the whole video either. The cop doesn't ask the white lady for any ID. No proof of. Who she is but demands ID from the Black woman. When she resists, which she has a legal right too, he claims to give her two minutes then 30 seconds later he arrests her. How do you put a pregnant woman on her stomach?

Sen, the above statement goes for you too. As for moving here, well it was the 80s and they were believe the immigrant line that this is the land opportunity for you and your children. No one tells you the racism you will endure once you get here. I will admit that I have had opportunity and I have made the most of it.

Mr. Mike and Sen, the casket industry is still young and is not based on any culture. It started years back when I fisherman asked to be buried in a boat. The guy made a casket that looked like one, word got out, more people got that then, people started asking for different things, he filled the order. Then photos of the caskets made it the west and the rest is history.

I think you meant when she refused to give her name. I find it hard to believe you have the right to resist arrest. Even if you have not committed an arrestable offence. Surely that is something that has to be decided at a later date.

Asked and answered, move on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34817
Anonymous. wrote:
fatcat wrote:
Anonymous. wrote:
message #2527204 wrote:
fatcat wrote:
I only watched the arrest and the 60 seconds preceding it. I have no problem with officers arresting idiots who behave like that.


That's shit policing, the idiot officers provoked the whole incident.

Even though the officer clearly had no need to ask the woman her name I would have thought he had the right to compel her to give him her name. It seems however that she did not have to give him her name and it's a bit shocking that the officer did not know this. Also why tell her she has two minutes on the phone then start grabbing her after 30 seconds.

It's a bit sad fatcat has no problem with things like that



The woman was stupid. She came across as racist saying she was threatened by a white woman. Refusing to give her name is pathetic whether she has to or not. Then she just shouts the same thing over and over and over, in the way that stupid drunks do. I feel sorry for her unborn baby.


I agree with you she was being stupid but the only people breaking the law were the police officers. That really is the bottom line


Actually it's not the bottom line. It's a fact of law, but the whole silly situation could have been avoided if she had behaved in a restrained and sensible manner. The cop was trying to get to the bottom of a situation which was she say this / she says that, and you can be sure he was going to go back to the other woman at some stage, bring them all together, give both of them a warning, get them to shake hands and move on with their days.

Instead she made the situation unmanageable and unresolvable. Not a legal arrest (apparently). But so what? People should behave a bit better in a parking lot on a weekday morning.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34908
Location: Planet Rock
In my yoof I used to get jacked up by coppers all the time. Most of the time they were just horrible but some of the time they were clearly being racist and quite often trying to wind us up. The only one of my mates who ever bit was a white guy who they gave shit to because he was with a bunch of black guys. Not being used to it he got lippy. He ended up getting nicked and getting a kicking.

Most of the people I know who had weed on them when they got stopped had it taken off them and got told to fuck off. The cops in West London just taxed the yoof so they didn't have to buy their own weed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 34908
Location: Planet Rock
Seneca of the Night wrote:
Actually it's not the bottom line. It's a fact of law, but the whole silly situation could have been avoided if she had behaved in a restrained and sensible manner. The cop was trying to get to the bottom of a situation which was she say this / she says that, and you can be sure he was going to go back to the other woman at some stage, bring them all together, give both of them a warning, get them to shake hands and move on with their days.

Instead she made the situation unmanageable and unresolvable. Not a legal arrest (apparently). But so what? People should behave a bit better in a parking lot on a weekday morning.


It could also have been avoided if the police officer had treated her in the same way he treated the other woman. There was no problem until he asked her for her name. I don't know if it's common knowledge in California that you don't have to give your name to a police officer if you are not being accused of a crime. Who knows maybe she would have found out for sure if the officer had let her have the two minutes he said she could have instead of trying to grab her after 30 seconds.

The cop was not trying to get to the bottom of the situation. He had already made his decision and informed her of his decision. No further action


Last edited by Anonymous. on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bimboman, Bing [Bot], Bogbunny, bonzo, DragsterDriver, earl the beaver, Edinburgh01, etherman, flaggETERNAL, Google Adsense [Bot], Gospel, iarmhiman, inactionman, Jensrsa, jos, Lenny, Liathroidigloine, madman, Mr. Very Popular, Newsome, obelixtim, Plato'sCave, Risteard, The Native, tiddle, Trostan, Tussock, Wilson's Toffee, Winnie, Wylie Coyote, Yer Man, ZappaMan, zzzz and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group