Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 am
Posts: 1116
feckwanker wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Recently finished outdoor kitchen and dining area additions. The Primo ceramic grill/smoker is an amazing piece of kit, very flexible for either low and slow or searing steaks.

Image

Image

You've a smashing house :thumbup:

His 'outdoor kitchen' is about the size of my flat in London. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4792
Location: 'ertfordshire
dinsdale wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Recently finished outdoor kitchen and dining area additions. The Primo ceramic grill/smoker is an amazing piece of kit, very flexible for either low and slow or searing steaks.

Image

Image

You've a smashing house :thumbup:

His 'outdoor kitchen' is about the size of my flat in London. :lol:

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20837
Spyglass wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
You've a smashing house :thumbup:


Was just thinking the same - I hope its near a crap seaside resort.....


Thanks, but don't get too carried away, it's Houston and it flooded in hurricane Harvey.....

Ah, that's how you got the swimming pool. Bonus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3262
Location: Nire itsasontzian
Spyglass wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
You've a smashing house :thumbup:


Was just thinking the same - I hope its near a crap seaside resort.....


Thanks, but don't get too carried away, it's Houston and it flooded in hurricane Harvey.....

Nice place.
No screen, you don't have mosquitoes?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6393
Location: emmerdale
Spyglass wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
You've a smashing house :thumbup:


Was just thinking the same - I hope its near a crap seaside resort.....


Thanks, but don't get too carried away, it's Houston and it flooded in hurricane Harvey.....

very nice. :thumbup:

hope the hurricanes stay away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 336
Location: Houston
happyhooker wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
You've a smashing house :thumbup:


Was just thinking the same - I hope its near a crap seaside resort.....


Thanks, but don't get too carried away, it's Houston and it flooded in hurricane Harvey.....

Ah, that's how you got the swimming pool. Bonus


The pool cleaner was struggling to keep up :D

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 336
Location: Houston
lexpat wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
You've a smashing house :thumbup:


Was just thinking the same - I hope its near a crap seaside resort.....


Thanks, but don't get too carried away, it's Houston and it flooded in hurricane Harvey.....

Nice place.
No screen, you don't have mosquitoes?


Yep, we definitely have mosquitoes. I have a fixed system that automatically sprays pyrethrin from the eves of house and other outdoor areas, it operates at dawn and dusk, in addition I'll fog on a Friday night if it gets really bad after a lot of rain. This combination keeps them at bay.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5196
sorCrer wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
One of my sons has just acquired this car. He was keen on VW but those within his price range and mileage / age parameters were very basic. Saw this at the dealers and it hit the spot. Very well equipped, appears well built, apparently very reliable, but not the most exciting to drive, which is actually fine for a young man as he'll be less tempted to do stupid things.

This is not a make that was anywhere on our radar for a hatchback, but I am very impressed.

Image


Is that the hatch? Looks a bit ood. What size motor?


Switched to a more generic image which lets you see the lines more clearly.

2l petrol, but similar power to my other son's 1l Fabia.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5196
Spyglass wrote:
Yep, we definitely have mosquitoes. I have a fixed system that automatically sprays pyrethrin from the eves of house and other outdoor areas, it operates at dawn and dusk, in addition I'll fog on a Friday night if it gets really bad after a lot of rain. This combination keeps them at bay.


Interesting, we are plagued by midges (smaller than mozzies, but just as unpleasant) which respond to the same deterrents. Never heard of an automatic spray system.

Mind you, our level of investment in outdoor catering is a tiny percentage of yours.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 336
Location: Houston
Edinburgh01 wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Yep, we definitely have mosquitoes. I have a fixed system that automatically sprays pyrethrin from the eves of house and other outdoor areas, it operates at dawn and dusk, in addition I'll fog on a Friday night if it gets really bad after a lot of rain. This combination keeps them at bay.


Interesting, we are plagued by midges (smaller than mozzies, but just as unpleasant) which respond to the same deterrents. Never heard of an automatic spray system.

Mind you, our level of investment in outdoor catering is a tiny percentage of yours.


You can either go with a 45 gal drum or the newer tankless systems, this is an example system supplier: https://www.mistaway.com/

They are pretty simple to self-install, not sure about availability in the UK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6011
Spyglass wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
You've a smashing house :thumbup:


Was just thinking the same - I hope its near a crap seaside resort.....


Thanks, but don't get too carried away, it's Houston and it flooded in hurricane Harvey.....

Ah, that's how you got the swimming pool. Bonus


The pool cleaner was struggling to keep up :D

Image


I’d have a word mate, looks like your pool boy is too busy riding your missus to keep it clean


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20837
Spyglass wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
KnuckleDragger wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
You've a smashing house :thumbup:


Was just thinking the same - I hope its near a crap seaside resort.....


Thanks, but don't get too carried away, it's Houston and it flooded in hurricane Harvey.....

Ah, that's how you got the swimming pool. Bonus


The pool cleaner was struggling to keep up :D

Image

Is that a noose? Were there lynchings during the hurricane?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14173
Location: We'll Never Forget You Geordan D'Arcy
Nah. Touch of the Hutcheance about that pool boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10781
Edinburgh01 wrote:
sorCrer wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
One of my sons has just acquired this car. He was keen on VW but those within his price range and mileage / age parameters were very basic. Saw this at the dealers and it hit the spot. Very well equipped, appears well built, apparently very reliable, but not the most exciting to drive, which is actually fine for a young man as he'll be less tempted to do stupid things.

This is not a make that was anywhere on our radar for a hatchback, but I am very impressed.

Image


Is that the hatch? Looks a bit ood. What size motor?


Switched to a more generic image which lets you see the lines more clearly.

2l petrol, but similar power to my other son's 1l Fabia.


Yep. Bought my GF the 1.5L 2 Version a year ago. Cracking little car. Has all the bells and whistles and runs beautifully.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 336
Location: Houston
redderneck wrote:
Nah. Touch of the Hutcheance about that pool boy.


The pool boy would be me, unfortunately I seem to only get limited perks of the job from the wife :lol: The pool robot cleaner probably hung itself on its own hose after seeing the contents of the backed-up sewer in the pool. It was grim x(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16320
Spyglass wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Nah. Touch of the Hutcheance about that pool boy.


The pool boy would be me, unfortunately I seem to only get limited perks of the job from the wife :lol: The pool robot cleaner probably hung itself on its own hose after seeing the contents of the backed-up sewer in the pool. It was grim x(

I have a few clients in Houston so fly up there once a year. That was a bad dose you guys got in 2017. Happy to see your property looks all good now, though :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 4536
Location: God's own country
Edinburgh01 wrote:
One of my sons has just acquired this car. He was keen on VW but those within his price range and mileage / age parameters were very basic. Saw this at the dealers and it hit the spot. Very well equipped, appears well built, apparently very reliable, but not the most exciting to drive, which is actually fine for a young man as he'll be less tempted to do stupid things.

Mazda was not a make that was anywhere on our radar for a hatchback, but I am very impressed.

Image

Hopefully Mazda have solved the rust problems they had in the noughties by now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 336
Location: Houston
ZappaMan wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Nah. Touch of the Hutcheance about that pool boy.


The pool boy would be me, unfortunately I seem to only get limited perks of the job from the wife :lol: The pool robot cleaner probably hung itself on its own hose after seeing the contents of the backed-up sewer in the pool. It was grim x(

I have a few clients in Houston so fly up there once a year. That was a bad dose you guys got in 2017. Happy to see your property looks all good now, though :thumbup:


Assume you arrange your trips in either the spring or autumn, or do you Go for the full Houston summer experience? Let me know when you’re next in town.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 am
Posts: 4023
Keith wrote:
Hopefully Mazda have solved the rust problems they had in the noughties by now


I had a gen2 Mazda 3 Sedan, absolutely rock solid and sold it to a mate who only got rid of it because the Freon needed replacing in the AC ( my fault probably as I used to have it on constantly).

Loved.dricinf it and the manual is nifty in traffic.

Weirdly, he sold it to a guy who turned out to be the security guard at my new units

He parked his car next to my new.one.

Double-taked on recognising the numberplate. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 476
Just put deposit down on one of these

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4792
Location: 'ertfordshire
Keith wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
One of my sons has just acquired this car. He was keen on VW but those within his price range and mileage / age parameters were very basic. Saw this at the dealers and it hit the spot. Very well equipped, appears well built, apparently very reliable, but not the most exciting to drive, which is actually fine for a young man as he'll be less tempted to do stupid things.

Mazda was not a make that was anywhere on our radar for a hatchback, but I am very impressed.

Image

Hopefully Mazda have solved the rust problems they had in the noughties by now

Yep, they have. We've had a few recent Mazdas and found them extremely reliable and rust free!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3446
xbgo1 wrote:
Just put deposit down on one of these

Image

Bastard

I'm jealous


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 4536
Location: God's own country
SaintK wrote:
Keith wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
One of my sons has just acquired this car. He was keen on VW but those within his price range and mileage / age parameters were very basic. Saw this at the dealers and it hit the spot. Very well equipped, appears well built, apparently very reliable, but not the most exciting to drive, which is actually fine for a young man as he'll be less tempted to do stupid things.

Mazda was not a make that was anywhere on our radar for a hatchback, but I am very impressed.

Image

Hopefully Mazda have solved the rust problems they had in the noughties by now

Yep, they have. We've had a few recent Mazdas and found them extremely reliable and rust free!

Good to hear, my wife's 2007 MX5 had terrible issues with tin worm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16320
Spyglass wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Nah. Touch of the Hutcheance about that pool boy.


The pool boy would be me, unfortunately I seem to only get limited perks of the job from the wife :lol: The pool robot cleaner probably hung itself on its own hose after seeing the contents of the backed-up sewer in the pool. It was grim x(

I have a few clients in Houston so fly up there once a year. That was a bad dose you guys got in 2017. Happy to see your property looks all good now, though :thumbup:


Assume you arrange your trips in either the spring or autumn, or do you Go for the full Houston summer experience? Let me know when you’re next in town.

Autumn usually. Think there are a few other Houston based posters. I usually have one spare evening for some steak and beers :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26006
Location: Chickenrunning...
1st new car I've bought in 10 years - very happy with it. :D

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 4536
Location: God's own country
A Clio, commiserations, Sandy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10781
Keith wrote:
A Clio, commiserations, Sandy.


Don't worry, I'm sure his partner is very supportive and he isn't out looking for a new boyfriend.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10462
Location: The centre of The Horrendous Space Kablooie!
Image

It's about three inches thick and hundreds of pages long. Well worth it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9322
Location: Texas
Spyglass wrote:
Recently finished outdoor kitchen and dining area additions. The Primo ceramic grill/smoker is an amazing piece of kit, very flexible for either low and slow or searing steaks.

Image

Image

Good to see you have sorted things out :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1274
Location: Winterfell
xbgo1 wrote:
Just put deposit down on one of these

Image


Is that the 800?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26006
Location: Chickenrunning...
Keith wrote:
A Clio, commiserations, Sandy.

Bollocks! It’s a Megane in heels :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28532
Location: Innie Kaap
Spyglass wrote:
Recently finished outdoor kitchen and dining area additions. The Primo ceramic grill/smoker is an amazing piece of kit, very flexible for either low and slow or searing steaks.

Image

Image

Very nice...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51440
Location: Oundle
Very nice +1. If only the weather here would justify something like it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 4536
Location: God's own country
Sandstorm wrote:
Keith wrote:
A Clio, commiserations, Sandy.

Bollocks! It’s a Megane in heels :x

You keep telling yourself that, Nicole :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1554
Image

along with a full atmos home theatre set up 5.4.1 and screen.

happy as a pig in shit when i can get some time on it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 336
Location: Houston
Mr Mike wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Recently finished outdoor kitchen and dining area additions. The Primo ceramic grill/smoker is an amazing piece of kit, very flexible for either low and slow or searing steaks.


Good to see you have sorted things out :thumbup:


Thanks MM.

Next phase is replacing the original windows with dual pane (double glazing), I didn't do this at the logical time during the reconstruction because the window suppliers/installers had doubled their prices after Harvey and their deliveries were ridiculous, so it would have created an unacceptable delay and budget bust.

I've discovered that replacement window salesmen are actually worse than used car salesmen, which is quite an achievement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20837
Spyglass wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Recently finished outdoor kitchen and dining area additions. The Primo ceramic grill/smoker is an amazing piece of kit, very flexible for either low and slow or searing steaks.


Good to see you have sorted things out :thumbup:


Thanks MM.

Next phase is replacing the original windows with dual pane (double glazing), I didn't do this at the logical time during the reconstruction because the window suppliers/installers had doubled their prices after Harvey and their deliveries were ridiculous, so it would have created an unacceptable delay and budget bust.

I've discovered that replacement window salesmen are actually worse than used car salesmen, which is quite an achievement.

They're scum. Over here it's best to go directly to the workshop .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 336
Location: Houston
happyhooker wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Mr Mike wrote:
Spyglass wrote:
Recently finished outdoor kitchen and dining area additions. The Primo ceramic grill/smoker is an amazing piece of kit, very flexible for either low and slow or searing steaks.


Good to see you have sorted things out :thumbup:


Thanks MM.

Next phase is replacing the original windows with dual pane (double glazing), I didn't do this at the logical time during the reconstruction because the window suppliers/installers had doubled their prices after Harvey and their deliveries were ridiculous, so it would have created an unacceptable delay and budget bust.

I've discovered that replacement window salesmen are actually worse than used car salesmen, which is quite an achievement.

They're scum. Over here it's best to go directly to the workshop .


HH - agreed I looked in the the option of buying the windows directly myself and then hiring a separate window installation crew, which was cheaper, but I was then carrying the risk for: windows not fitting, delivered damaged, warranty arguments between supplier/installer, etc. Fortunately an acquaintance of mine owns a small remodeling firm and he was interested in doing it for me. The trade discounts he gets from window suppliers and installers almost offsets his overhead & profit fee. So I've decided to go that route.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 476
Picked it up this morning

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4573
Location: Front and centre.
That’s not a tiger, it’s a motorbike.

We’re not stupid, you know!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bert, BonaFideHamo, CrazyIslander, ElementFreak, Fat Old Git, Jay Cee Gee, Jim Lahey, Lacrobat and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group