Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 594, 595, 596, 597, 598  Next

Whos Going to Lead the Labor Rabble
Albo 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Plibbers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bowen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Chalmers 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Uncle Tony 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Clive Palmer 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
George Smith 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:34 pm 

swc wrote:
mightyreds wrote:
749a wrote:
mightyreds wrote:
Crazy Ed wrote:
The country is in safe hands with compulsory voting.

I'll go down and shake hands with Peter Dutton tomorrow to try and ensure that the Bob Hawke sympathy vote doesn't overwhelm the country and rob me of my inheritance via taxation.

Good on you. The desperate attacks on him from the Left are typified by Paul Keating, who weighed in to say he hopes the Electorate will plunge a long, long dagger into the dark, dark heart of Peter Dutton. Apart from indicating that Paulus has been watching too much Game of Thrones in his retirement, the many references to 'meanness' seem to be references to him stopping the boats (thank god), closing offshore processing centres (good riddance), and saying at the last Election that national security is our biggest issue (it still is) - we live in an age when it's regarded as criminal to say what you see, as Izzy, found out in answering a question when he said what is in the Old Testament, rather than pretend he couldn't see it, didn't know about it, or didn't care about it, or denying it. Denial is all the rage now.

Corinthian is in the New Testament :lol:

Yes, an error, but the epistle to the Corinthians was written by Paul, who took his teachings directly from the Old Testament, so it is virtually a comment from the Old Testament; Paul was quoting of what was there. Jesus is never reported, through the writings of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, to have said anything about eternal damnation for homosexuals, but fundamentalist Christianity put equal weight on all the books of the Bible, not just Jesus' teachings.

Jesus who even reads this bullshit, seriously who gives a fudge

If you're going to comment on it, you'd be advised to understand the issues.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:30 pm 

mdaclarke wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:
Also nobody wins votes by saying they are going to tax people more. All most people care about is how much money is in their pocket. They care about climate change, the developing world and other worthy things, but not enough to lower their standard of living. When push comes to shove what they really care about is their bank balance.

That's clear. But more people would have had a tax cut under the ALP than the Coalition. So how does that balance with your comment?

Anyway, the electorate has decided and we all now need to move on with life. As I said in a previous comment, I can now negatively gear another investment property which will be nice.

I don't live in Australia so I don't know about the campaign,

Then shut the f**k up.

I just find it interesting how it works the same in every Anglosphere country. This is a repeat of the Brexit vote, the Trump vote etc. The progressives keep making the same mistakes. They never learn.

I think these days the word 'progressive' is being a bit kind to them.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:40 pm 

mightyreds wrote:
mdaclarke wrote:

I just find it interesting how it works the same in every Anglosphere country. This is a repeat of the Brexit vote, the Trump vote etc. The progressives keep making the same mistakes. They never learn.

I think these days the word 'progressive' is being a bit kind to them.

There's a reason why the current crop of progressives are frequently referred to "regressives". I wish it wasn't that way as a left leaning person with some centralist aspects.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:05 pm 

Farva wrote:
I have to say I dont agree with your statement that Muslims dont obey the law of the land. They do. They are arrested when they dont and persecuted under that law. They have been proved to do so. You pick an example of where they havent but that is an outlier not the norm.

In fact, their religion compels them to do so:

Quote:
In Islam obedience to the law of the land is a religious duty. The Qur’an commands Muslims to remain faithful to not only Allah and the Prophet Muhammad(sa), but also the authority they live under:

O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey His Messenger and those who are in authority over you (Ch.4: V.60).

Any country or government that guarantees religious freedom to followers of different faiths (not just Islam) must be owed loyalty. The Prophet Muhammad(sa) stressed this point when he said:

‘One who obeys his authority, obeys me. One who disobeys his authority, disobeys me.’ (Muslim)

The present head of the worldwide Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad(aba), has also explained:

‘A true Muslim can never raise his voice in hatred against his fellow citizens, nor for that matter against the ruling authority or government of the time. It is the responsibility of a true Muslim that he should remain loyal and fully abide by the laws of the land of which he is a subject.’ (Baitul Futuh Inauguration Reception, 11 Oct 2003)

https://www.alislam.org/library/questio ... w-of-land/

There are other examples of Muslims not accepting Australian law but again they are the minority.
I think this article goes a long way to discussing it. https://aifs.gov.au/publications/family ... sharia-law

Interestingly, some Catholics also believe they are above Australian law - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-aust ... SKCN1LG057

Many Muslims immigrate here, many more were born here. Same as for Catholics. Again, I ask why this is a Muslim only issue and Catholics (as an example, I havent looked into other religious or non-religious groups but am sure they are the same).

In regard to your point about showing respect for the country you live in, I totally agree. I see a small minority of Muslims not doing that in Australia, but I see the same for every group that immigrate there. Do you have an issue with the organised crime gangs that came with the Italian migrants for example? Should we ban Italian migrants - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ralia.html

Incidentally, I currently live in the Philippines and see a huge amount of disrespect by Australians to the locals here - mostly driven by a superiority complex but also the nefarious activity of sex tourism (its a big issue foreigners coming here for sex, particularly with underage girls). Should Australians be barred from travelling to the Philippines?

Farva, though I'm incredulous that so many on this Forum can't see the danger of the continuing massive Muslim expansion into western countries (the masses of Germans who now hate Angela Merkel for her 'You are all welcome here' policies would be equally incredulous), I am going to try one last time, and then I'll be done with this topic. I don't expect much to come of it, because I have come to the conclusion that those who won't acknowledge something so obvious are following an agenda not to notice it - 'There are none so blind, as those who will not see' stuff.

It troubles me that a number of posters made a comparison between petty or even major criminals and Islamic terrorism. That shows an inability to distinguish between vice (2 examples were Australian paedophiles using under-age children for sex in Asia, and crime gangs that came to Australia with Italian immigration) and terrorism. Vice or crime is a matter of people doing illegal things for their personal gain, whereas terrorism is people committing crimes against a whole country/society out of hatred for that country ie treason. Police in all countries have to deal with the former and it is a given. It is not a given that police should have to deal with random acts of terror, violence and destruction indiscriminately directed at all members of the society it is turned on. Crime, even at an organised level, (eg the Mafia) does not result in a country being put on a terror alert. Terrorism does, because it is an attempt at destruction of the society itself. I'm incredulous that you all can be aware Australia is on an ongoing high risk of terror alert (something that was unthinkable even 20 years ago), and not think that that calls for urgent and thorough measures to deal with the source of the matter.

So here are my points:

. (speaking of 'the source of the matter') Muslims make up 2.25% of Australia's population. Muslims have been responsible for more than 95% of acts of terrorism in Australia.(to illustrate how pointless(insulting, actually) it is to mention Italians in the same light: percentage of acts of terrorism committed by Italo-Australians(5% of the population) = 0%). Australia's intelligence agencies are currently engaged 24/7 in dealing with the detection and prevention of terrorism, and their resources are stretched to the limit in the process. The Muslim population of Australia is doubling every 10 years, as it does in other western countries. If that trend is not arrested via the cessation of Muslim immigration, we are clearly on the road to where our intelligence agencies will not be able to adequately deal with terrorist activity. From there it is so obvious to do the maths (a 5-year-old could manage, so I'm staggered that adults can't) and see where we are headed, but I will help with a couple of examples of western countries that have been subject to the same high numbers of Muslim immigration as Australia, for a more extended period of time:

1. In England in 2017, the last year for which figures are available, Muslim terrorist attacks killed 34 people and seriously injured another 237 - that is something like the toll from a natural disaster, and includes an incident where a young woman from my suburb of Brisbane was murdered on her first trip overseas. A 2018 poll of London Muslims showed 80% approve of Isis. (London has 20% Muslim population)

2.) In France (10% Muslim population), in the wake of the 2015 Paris attacks, the head of French National Security commented that the country had reached crisis point due to the 'Widespread disdain for all forms of authority demonstrated by the Muslim community'. (so much for 'remain(ing) faithful to the authority they live under'). I watched a documentary this year of a French village with 50% Muslim population, where women coming home from work are met in the town square by Muslim men who harass and sometimes beat them for being on the street after dark. I lived in France for some months many years ago, and remember it as a fun-loving, carefree society, but now the teenage daughter of a French family who are close friends speaks regularly about how people live in fear, and women especially are afraid to look to right or left when they walk the streets. What you are looking at there is the disintegration of a society and culture.

Those are just a couple of many examples, but the absolutely reliable pattern is that terrorism in countries to which Muslims migrate increases in direct proportion to the Muslim population - I could have picked Germany, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Italy...etc. It is the norm. You mentioned the Quran commands Muslims to remain faithful to ...the authority they live under.' It also says, 'You should live in peace with others, but...if someone says, Allah is not God, you should kill him.'
From there it is a very short step to limitless interpretations of someone saying Allah is not God, such as a Christian saying 'Jesus is God.' This is so much the case in practise that I think the messages of peace are just lip-service, damage control in the wake of the latest atrocity.

Something people on the other side of this debate are not asking themselves, is why there are such massive Muslim migrations to the west (and other countries) at the moment. Wahhabi Muslimism, which began in 1948 and is practised by a majority of Muslim refugees to Australia, promotes the conquest and domination of all the worlds countries under Sharia Law. After many years of fighting each other and western countries, they have found an easier way: migrate, outbreed the local population to the point that you are a majority, take over, declare Sharia Law (Hitler would be proud of the idea). It's exactly why Isis say, 'The Black Flag will fly above every country in the world'; why the head of Isis in Germany makes speeches saying, 'We will come here in great numbers, we will breed with your women and their children will be Sharia Muslims. Then we will take over.' In case you think this is my personal fantasy, a leading French writer has written a novel of a future France under Sharia Law, which he considers not just a risk, but inevitable. There are some people arguing that the majority of Muslims are peaceful, but you need to be asking yourself why their communities are not speaking out against terror. If this was being generated by the European-Australian community, that community would be in an uproar of protest.

For those who have spoken of living in Melbourne and enjoying the presence of Islamic communities, I also got along well with Muslim neighbours and shopkeepers, but I'd like to share some of my experience from that time. I left Melbourne in 2004, and since well before that, a work colleague shared with me the following preachings of his Imam (at Melbourne's biggest Mosque):
. Hitler was one of history's great heroes, because he killed so many Jews.
. 9/11 was a righteous event.
. women who have sex outside of marriage should be stoned to death. I asked him, 'What about the men?' No reply.
. Music and dancing are the devils work and should be punished by imprisonment or worse.
It went on and on, in the same vein. I used to go to clubs on the weekend, and sometimes had to take a quick detour to avoid large groups of semi-violent Muslim youth on a Saturday night in the CBD. One such group knifed a female policewoman to death in the same area. The same groups would leave numerous graffiti messages on building walls of the 'Allah rules, death to Jews and Christians' type. One night beside the Yarra I saw such a group stop at the traffic lights and lay into the car in front of them with metal bars, leaving it undriveable. All that was pre-terror alert Australia. I would hate to live in Melbourne now.

As you're a resident of the Phillipines, I'm surprised that you didn't look at the example of Muslim communities in the south of the country who conduct an ongoing terrorist campaign with the intention of becoming a breakaway country from the area they originally invaded. In the south of Thailand, where the Muslim community consists of huge numbers of illegal migrants and their descendants (from Malaysia), murders and bombings are a never-ending occurrence, with Malaysian terrorists crossing the border to kill men, women and children, then crossing back before they can be pursued, with the support of the Muslim Malaysian government. The Islamic groups in South Thailand are fighting for independence from Thailand. That is the arrogance that's at work: illegal immigrants claiming the land they have invaded for their own, and it fits the Wahhabi formula perfectly.

That's just a little bit of what's going on, and it's too long for this Forum which is about discussion, but I want to put it out there so I don't have to talk any more about it. It's incontestable, and it's happening now. I believe 21st century western countries have adopted The Kings New Clothes approach of, 'pretend it's not happening, so we don't upset anyone,' but inaction will only make the danger greater. The best we can do is stop the migrational movement now, and then try to work with Muslim communities that are here to bring their communities into the 21st century, because they are currently working with belief systems and a world view that is stuck in the Dark Ages.

I'm done with this topic now (finally).

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:55 pm 

mightyreds wrote:
For those who have spoken of living in Melbourne and enjoying the presence of Islamic communities, I also got along well with Muslim neighbours and shopkeepers, but I'd like to share some of my experience from that time. I left Melbourne in 2004, and since well before that, a work colleague shared with me the following preachings of his Imam (at Melbourne's biggest Mosque):
. Hitler was one of history's great heroes, because he killed so many Jews.
. 9/11 was a righteous event.
. women who have sex outside of marriage should be stoned to death. I asked him, 'What about the men?' No reply.
. Music and dancing are the devils work and should be punished by imprisonment or worse.
It went on and on, in the same vein. I used to go to clubs on the weekend, and sometimes had to take a quick detour to avoid large groups of semi-violent Muslim youth on a Saturday night in the CBD. One such group knifed a female policewoman to death in the same area. The same groups would leave numerous graffiti messages on building walls of the 'Allah rules, death to Jews and Christians' type. One night beside the Yarra I saw such a group stop at the traffic lights and lay into the car in front of them with metal bars, leaving it undriveable. All that was pre-terror alert Australia. I would hate to live in Melbourne now.

This might be the confirmation that mightyreds is just trolling, or he's a delusional lying sack of shit...

For starters, there is no record of a policewoman being stabbed to death in Melbourne... including a "female policewoman."

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:16 pm 

Assuming gender. Tut.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:19 pm 

mightyreds wrote:
I'm done with this topic now (finally).

Yeah, right.
Slim 293 wrote:
This might be the confirmation that mightyreds is just trolling, or he's a delusional lying sack of shit...

A little from column A, a little from column B.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:29 am 

Double legend status:

Quote:
Egg boy donates nearly $100,000 to Christchurch mosque attack

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2019/05/egg-boy-donates-nearly-100-000-to-christchurch-mosque-attack-victims.html?fbclid=IwAR2VUDBb39U8KNfiQ1pr22INr7Voa5iXYBvDb_LL5z4A

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:38 am 

For those interested in a really interesting dissection of the election

https://www.theage.com.au/please-explai ... 51qh1.html

Quote:
"Labor's primary vote has been on a relentless and terminal decline ... for years and years and years," Harris says.

So can Labor recover? Will we ever trust opinion polls again?

And what's the future in this "post ideological world", with changing voting patterns, terminal mistrust and the desire for tangible promises.

"It's not depressing, it's just reality and that's politics," Harris says.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:49 am 

So has the Liberal vote. They wouldn't be in power without the coalition with the Nationals.

I think the next generation of Nationals coming through will have a massive disruptive impact.

And the Greens increased their vote - :D

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 am 

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
So has the Liberal vote. They wouldn't be in power without the coalition with the Nationals.

I think the next generation of Nationals coming through will have a massive disruptive impact.

And the Greens increased their vote - :D

They talk about the Libs drop and that their deal with the Nats actually allows for different messages in different electorates getting around some electorate issues, the disfunction actually helps

They talked about Labor's rigidity in policy destroying them in Qld and that it is unlikely that a Victorian national labor leader will successfully happen again.

They talked about the need for coalitions in the future with Labor's natural partner, the Green's, not possible because their economic policies are crazy and they are actually competing for the same inner city 'yarts seats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:03 am 

News Corp journalist yesterday...

ABC HQ today...

Quote:
Australian Federal Police are carrying out a raid on the ABC headquarters in the inner-Sydney suburb of Ultimo.

Three officers entered the Harris Street building just before 11:30am. The plain clothed officers were met by ABC security and staff in the lobby area of the ABC Ultimo Centre before meeting with lawyers for the broadcaster.

The raids are in connection with a 2017 report called 'the Afghan files', based on leaked defence documents.

The police warrant names ABC reporters Dan Oakes and Sam Clark and news director Gaven Morris.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/aust ... 51uof.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:54 am 

Slim 293 wrote:

ABC HQ today...

Quote:
Australian Federal Police are carrying out a raid on the ABC headquarters in the inner-Sydney suburb of Ultimo.

Three officers entered the Harris Street building just before 11:30am. The plain clothed officers were met by ABC security and staff in the lobby area of the ABC Ultimo Centre before meeting with lawyers for the broadcaster.

The raids are in connection with a 2017 report called 'the Afghan files', based on leaked defence documents.

The police warrant names ABC reporters Dan Oakes and Sam Clark and news director Gaven Morris.

This is so fucked... :x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:25 am 

Ben Fordham at 2GB apparently now the subject of a Home Affairs inquiry regarding this story two days ago...

https://www.2gb.com/exclusive-up-to-six ... australia/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:

ABC HQ today...

Quote:

Those Lefties at the ABC are at it again. Into aiding & abetting terrorism & treason now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:46 am 

mightyreds wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:

ABC HQ today...

Quote:

Those Lefties at the ABC are at it again. Into aiding & abetting terrorism & treason now.

Those lefties at NewsCorp and 2GB as well?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:39 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
mightyreds wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:

ABC HQ today...

Quote:

Those lefties at NewsCorp and 2GB as well?

Mightyreds leaves a hole the size of the Fulda Gap just wide of the ruck. Slim streaks through to dot down under the sticks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:21 am 

I said I was done with my views on the Muslim Immigration issue, but am back for a final fling and you can like it or lump it, because a topical issue has emerged which perfectly exemplifies everything I said about the dangers of Muslim immigration: a person of dubious motive, coming to the country not to contribute but to "trigger the west" (in her words) and create terror and suffering in the society that had made her welcome. Contrast her contempt for western society with her 'host parent' whom she attempted to murder, Sri Lankan-born Roger Singaravelu, whose family 'had welcomed students from all over the world into their home' but now no longer does so because their trust has been betrayed. It had been their way of showing gratitude to Australia, as the country they had come to live in. There is no other migrant group capable of being so at odds with this society, and the difference in attitudes between the host and the student only emphasises that only one migrant group will present a predictable and ongoing danger to this society. It's not about racism, it's about a certain ideological/religious group that belongs to many races. I'm sharing this for all the people who acted incredulous over my former comments, as it seems they don't read, listen to, or watch the news...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-05/ ... t/11180560

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:58 am 

She is a nutter. The vast majority of Muslims are just like you and me. Well, me, anyway. Normal, well-adjusted, just want to be happy and get along with their neighbours.

You sound a bit deranged, mate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:12 am 

mightyreds wrote:
I said I was done with my views on the Muslim Immigration issue, but am back for a final fling and you can like it or lump it, because a topical issue has emerged which perfectly exemplifies everything I said about the dangers of Muslim immigration: a person of dubious motive, coming to the country not to contribute but to "trigger the west" (in her words) and create terror and suffering in the society that had made her welcome. Contrast her contempt for western society with her 'host parent' whom she attempted to murder, Sri Lankan-born Roger Singaravelu, whose family 'had welcomed students from all over the world into their home' but now no longer does so because their trust has been betrayed. It had been their way of showing gratitude to Australia, as the country they had come to live in. There is no other migrant group capable of being so at odds with this society, and the difference in attitudes between the host and the student only emphasises that only one migrant group will present a predictable and ongoing danger to this society. It's not about racism, it's about a certain ideological/religious group that belongs to many races. I'm sharing this for all the people who acted incredulous over my former comments, as it seems they don't read, listen to, or watch the news...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-05/ ... t/11180560

Do you talk like you type? Because if you do, I'd wager you're the kind of guy that gets flecks of spittle forming in the corner of his mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 am 

To give mightyreds some credit, at least he didn’t invent another fake stabbing/gang story...

He ghosted pretty quickly after being called out on his lies over the last page.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:23 am 

Interesting as the diversion is, the real story is the subversion of a free press by the government.

That’s not good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 am 

I would just like to say how marvelous it is that, after only a week or two post the 'lection, you lefties are up and back into it, crying about the guvmint restricting "freedom of the press". We don't want to let the facts get in the way so I'm not even going to bother explaining the process for obtaining a warrant and how it has zero to do with the legislative arm of government (you know, separation of powers etc), but FFS, you could at least google what this is about, before getting those rose tinted ideological glasses on it.

I was driving back from somewhere yesterday arvo and nearly pranged the car three times, I was laughing so hard at the way they were carrying on at 2BL. So ... wounded, having their self-importance balloon punctured do abruptly.

I almost felt sorry enough to send them a case of chardonnay. But not quite.

God Bless.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:49 am 

It is not only lefties who are complaining, mate. Rupertscorp is also not very happy. Or is he a 2BL listener these days?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:00 am 

Bob Katter pledged himself to the Proud Boys a couple of years ago, because "larrikinism"...

Quote:
The north Queensland MP Bob Katter has been recorded taking a membership pledge for far-right “western chauvinist” group, the Proud Boys, but has dismissed his actions as “larrikinism”.

In the company of Australian members of the men-only fraternity, Katter recites into a bullhorn: “I am Bob Katter and I am a proud western chauvinist. And it is us who bought civilisation to the world and we won’t be apologising for it.

“Don’t get in our way,” Katter adds.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... arrikinism

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:08 am 

Civilised nuclear weapons, a civilised holocaust, not to mention the civilised Vietnam War: the use of napalm and Agent Orange. Lots more wonderful examples, of course. Apartheid. Slavery. The Deep South in all its glory.

Human civilisation has occurred over thousands of years, in many cultures and societies. The way things are going, the planet is not going to survive it. Worth celebrating, for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:50 am 

Ellafan wrote:
I would just like to say how marvelous it is that, after only a week or two post the 'lection, you lefties are up and back into it, crying about the guvmint restricting "freedom of the press". We don't want to let the facts get in the way so I'm not even going to bother explaining the process for obtaining a warrant and how it has zero to do with the legislative arm of government (you know, separation of powers etc), but FFS, you could at least google what this is about, before getting those rose tinted ideological glasses on it.

I was driving back from somewhere yesterday arvo and nearly pranged the car three times, I was laughing so hard at the way they were carrying on at 2BL. So ... wounded, having their self-importance balloon punctured do abruptly.

God Bless.

Neither issue had anything to do with the national security. This was over the top and ultimately the Feds are managed by a Govt dept who are accountble to a minister. There is something not right here and the Govt need to front up and be accountable. Why do the feds let so many other leaks go but then straight after the election this happens? I am centre right by the way. :smug:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:04 am 

les@mooloolaba wrote:
Ellafan wrote:

God Bless.

Neither issue had anything to do with the national security. This was over the top and ultimately the Feds are managed by a Govt dept who are accountble to a minister. There is something not right here and the Govt need to front up and be accountable. Why do the feds let so many other leaks go but then straight after the election this happens? I am centre right by the way. :smug:

Ellafan has a tendency to conflate NSW with Straya at large: not an uncommon cockroach failing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:53 am 

Who could this be... it's allegedly a Federal MP, possibly Victorian:

https://7news.com.au/politics/federal-p ... l-c-364836

Quote:
A politician has been questioned by police after allegedly going on a rampage in a Canberra hotel.

A gaping hole can be seen in the wall of the hotel's foyer following the incident, with the identity of the politician yet to be revealed.

It is understood the male politician, who a witness says was "a big guy with grey hair", became involved in an argument with hotel staff over his luggage.

Police barricaded him in one of the hotel's rooms.

It is not yet known if charges will be laid.

One witness said she heard police describe the man as “a piece of work” who initially refused to calm down.

Hotel guests were prevented from entering the foyer while the altercation took place.

By the time police had finished questioning the man and allowed him to leave, media were gathering outside.

More to come

Twitter feed of the events: https://twitter.com/kelliesloane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:00 am 

Aaaaaaaaaand we have a winner...

Disappointing it's not Federal, just a state MP:

Quote:
Victorian Labor MP Will Fowles questioned over hotel disturbance

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 52akt.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:13 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaand we have a winner...

Disappointing it's not Federal, just a state MP:

Quote:
Victorian Labor MP Will Fowles questioned over hotel disturbance

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 52akt.html

Who is Wilf Owls and why is he breaking walls and doors? Is he a Michael Cheika tribute act?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am 

I actually don't know much about him... he's a first year MP who took Burwood off the Libs in the September bloodbath.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:10 am 

A new character....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:56 am 

The lucky country is only going to get nastier and more extreme in the next few decades .

For a country that will be so affected by climate change , the denial is insanity .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am 

eugenius wrote:
The lucky country is only going to get nastier and more extreme in the next few decades .

For a country that will be so affected by climate change , the denial is insanity .

There is a reason it is known as the lucky country and not the intelligent country...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:51 am 

Shrekles wrote:
eugenius wrote:

There is a reason it is known as the lucky country and not the intelligent country...

'Lucky' is not the worst descriptor out there, even allowing for Horne's backhanded turn of phrase. :thumbup:

In fairness, neither of you blokes present as particularly intelligent. The 'eugenius' moniker doesn't lack irony. :nod:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:24 am 

Shrekles wrote:
eugenius wrote:

At least we don't have a chip on our shoulder the size of the moon in regards to our larger, more prosperous neighbor.

And by the way I think our Nobel Prize trophy cabinet is a bit fuller than yours isn't it.

Piss off back to your dark, dank little pit assuming you live in Australia.

As legions of you do.

Ungrateful plum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:43 am 

Speaking of chips, here’s our resident Kiwi hater presenting his yet again :lol:

You’re like a spokesman for an anal raping, squeaking out the date’s perspective of events. We should just call you prolapse, you silly cnut.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:48 am 

bonzaboy wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
eugenius wrote:

At least we don't have a chip on our shoulder the size of the moon in regards to our larger, more prosperous neighbor.

And by the way I think our Nobel Prize trophy cabinet is a bit fuller than yours isn't it.

As legions of you do.

Ungrateful plum.

Gee you’ve got so much to offer

So FFS offer it somewhere else, you utter deadcvnt :x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:57 am 

MungoMan wrote:
bonzaboy wrote:
Shrekles wrote:
eugenius wrote:

As legions of you do.

Ungrateful plum.

Gee you’ve got so much to offer

So FFS offer it somewhere else, you utter deadcvnt :x

You may roll over for these envious, ungrateful fucks.

I will not do it. Whenever they go low I will respond in kind.

You submissive piece of shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23900 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 594, 595, 596, 597, 598  Next