Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568  Next

When will the Beetroot end up in the compost?
A week. If he is lucky 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
A few months at best 14%  14%  [ 5 ]
At least a year 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
He will see out his term 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
He will see his new unborn childs 21st birthday from the duchy of New England 16%  16%  [ 6 ]
What, that filthy sheep shagger? 27%  27%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 37
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:02 am 

One rule for them and...
one for us

If a member of any ALP or Greens affiliated organisation had shared a social media post like this the demands for their head from the Libs would be descending...

Quote:
Mr Hamberger, a former adviser to John Howard’s workplace minister Peter Reith, was a Liberal Party appointment to the Fair Work Commission in 2004.

I read somewhere yesterday that Senator Cash and her Secretary will not be charged over a tip off to the AFP of raids on Shorten’s office... because the head of the panel deciding such matters is also a Liberal stooge. Someone not on a phone might be able to do better on that than I can currently. Rotten cnuts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:59 am 

wrong thread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:24 am 

According to the Grauniad, Kelly O'Dwyer has resigned (her portfolio?), and will not contest the next election.

Looking forward to the Rupert spin on this one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:46 am 

wamberal99 wrote:
According to the Grauniad, Kelly O'Dwyer has resigned (her portfolio?), and will not contest the next election.

Looking forward to the Rupert spin on this one.

Yes, she's come out today in a press conference with ScoMo and claimed that she's resigning for famiy reasons and because at 41 she wants to have another baby. But this isn't a great look for this govt, given that its now accepted that they have a serious and systemic 'woman problem'. And with Julie Bishop on the back bench O'Dwyer has been the most prominent female face in the cabinet.

This reminds me of the end of the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd era, when a number of senior MP's announced their retirements just before an expected election loss. I guess Ministers like O'Dwyer don't want to be tarnished with what will potentially be a heavy electoral loss, and don't have the stamina or desire for a lengthy period in Opposition. She is also a strong chance of losing her seat of Higgins.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:14 am 

Quote:
Kelly O'Dwyer wasn't perfect, but she was a champion for women and paid the price for it

By Bevan Shields
19 January 2019 — 5:10pm

Kelly O'Dwyer's first speech to Parliament in 2009 contained big clues about how she would walk away from it just 10 years later.

The newly elected member for Peter Costello's old blue-ribbon Melbourne seat of Higgins, O'Dwyer concisely highlighted the tricky balancing act of raising a family and forging a career.

"No one has yet worked out how to be in two places at once - so there are no simple solutions," she said. "Indeed, the right solutions vary from family to family."

For O'Dwyer - one of the Morrison government's most senior ministers and a mother of two young children - the competing pressures were proving difficult despite the best efforts of her and husband Jon. During maternity leave in 2017, O'Dwyer continued to attend cabinet meetings, and two copies of the same children's book were often purchased; one was placed in O'Dwyer's ministerial office in Canberra, the other at home in Melbourne.

But the Industrial Relations Minister knew she was missing key moments in the lives of three-year-old daughter Olivia and one-year old son Edward and her solution became clear over Christmas: it was time to quit.

"I no longer want to consistently miss out on seeing my children when they wake up in the morning or go to bed at night and I want to know that when I am around, my time is not constantly disrupted," the 42-year-old explained alongside Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Saturday.

O'Dwyer met with Morrison in Sydney last week and told him the news. She stressed the decision to quit was no reflection on his leadership or the Coalition's chances at the next election.

"He is the right person to lead our nation and I will do all that I can, both locally and nationally, to ensure that this continues," O'Dwyer said of the Prime Minister.

While her shock departure has been driven by deeply personal reasons, it has still rocked the government as it inches towards potential defeat at an election in March or May. More big names are expected to follow.
The announcement also reopened a festering wound the Coalition has proven incapable of healing: its inability to attract and retain female MPs.
O'Dwyer's absence is a disaster for the Liberal Party. Any woman jumping ship right now is a terrible look - regardless of the motivations - and the pressure is on to preselect a female candidate for the wealthy inner-Melbourne seat to minimise the damage. Local paediatrician Katie Allen and Liberal senator Jane Hume are the leading contenders.

The Liberals should retain the seat through a healthy 10 per cent margin but if they don't, the party could be left in the appalling position of having no female representation from Victoria in the House of Representatives. Julia Banks resigned from the party last year and the only other female MP in the state, Sarah Henderson, will lose her ultra-marginal seat on election night.

Labor is gleeful at O'Dwyer's departure but should tread gently because her reasons for quitting are identical to Kate Ellis, who will leave Parliament at the election after growing tired of spending 20 weeks of the year in a different state to her son, and Tim Hammond, who quit his Western Australia seat last year to be a more present father.

O'Dwyer will remain in cabinet until Morrison calls the election. Despite stumbles on superannuation policy ahead of the 2016 election and repeatedly refusing to apologise for opposing the banking royal commission (the minister later publicly conceded she got it wrong), O'Dwyer has been a competent minister and a much-needed champion for women internally.
She has also pushed back against conservative MPs who entertain the fantasy that the answer to the Liberal Party's polling woes is to push it further to the right. She last year told a group of Liberal MPs that the public now views the party as "homophobic, anti-women, climate-change deniers."

For her efforts, she has been consistently undermined and badmouthed by many male colleagues but has more backbone and integrity than most of them combined. It's a shame to see her go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:21 am 

Good luck to her, she does come across as a fairly normal human being.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:40 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Quote:
Kelly O'Dwyer wasn't perfect, but she was a champion for women and paid the price for it

By Bevan Shields
19 January 2019 — 5:10pm

Kelly O'Dwyer's first speech to Parliament in 2009 contained big clues about how she would walk away from it just 10 years later.

The newly elected member for Peter Costello's old blue-ribbon Melbourne seat of Higgins, O'Dwyer concisely highlighted the tricky balancing act of raising a family and forging a career.

"No one has yet worked out how to be in two places at once - so there are no simple solutions," she said. "Indeed, the right solutions vary from family to family."

For O'Dwyer - one of the Morrison government's most senior ministers and a mother of two young children - the competing pressures were proving difficult despite the best efforts of her and husband Jon. During maternity leave in 2017, O'Dwyer continued to attend cabinet meetings, and two copies of the same children's book were often purchased; one was placed in O'Dwyer's ministerial office in Canberra, the other at home in Melbourne.

But the Industrial Relations Minister knew she was missing key moments in the lives of three-year-old daughter Olivia and one-year old son Edward and her solution became clear over Christmas: it was time to quit.

"I no longer want to consistently miss out on seeing my children when they wake up in the morning or go to bed at night and I want to know that when I am around, my time is not constantly disrupted," the 42-year-old explained alongside Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Saturday.

O'Dwyer met with Morrison in Sydney last week and told him the news. She stressed the decision to quit was no reflection on his leadership or the Coalition's chances at the next election.

"He is the right person to lead our nation and I will do all that I can, both locally and nationally, to ensure that this continues," O'Dwyer said of the Prime Minister.

While her shock departure has been driven by deeply personal reasons, it has still rocked the government as it inches towards potential defeat at an election in March or May. More big names are expected to follow.
The announcement also reopened a festering wound the Coalition has proven incapable of healing: its inability to attract and retain female MPs.
O'Dwyer's absence is a disaster for the Liberal Party. Any woman jumping ship right now is a terrible look - regardless of the motivations - and the pressure is on to preselect a female candidate for the wealthy inner-Melbourne seat to minimise the damage. Local paediatrician Katie Allen and Liberal senator Jane Hume are the leading contenders.

The Liberals should retain the seat through a healthy 10 per cent margin but if they don't, the party could be left in the appalling position of having no female representation from Victoria in the House of Representatives. Julia Banks resigned from the party last year and the only other female MP in the state, Sarah Henderson, will lose her ultra-marginal seat on election night.

Labor is gleeful at O'Dwyer's departure but should tread gently because her reasons for quitting are identical to Kate Ellis, who will leave Parliament at the election after growing tired of spending 20 weeks of the year in a different state to her son, and Tim Hammond, who quit his Western Australia seat last year to be a more present father.

O'Dwyer will remain in cabinet until Morrison calls the election. Despite stumbles on superannuation policy ahead of the 2016 election and repeatedly refusing to apologise for opposing the banking royal commission (the minister later publicly conceded she got it wrong), O'Dwyer has been a competent minister and a much-needed champion for women internally.
She has also pushed back against conservative MPs who entertain the fantasy that the answer to the Liberal Party's polling woes is to push it further to the right. She last year told a group of Liberal MPs that the public now views the party as "homophobic, anti-women, climate-change deniers."

For her efforts, she has been consistently undermined and badmouthed by many male colleagues but has more backbone and integrity than most of them combined. It's a shame to see her go.

Likely to be replaced by a god bothering male.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:44 am 

Surprise Captains pick candidate to oust a preselected local candidate and be parachuted in to run in the marginal (1.8%) NSW South Coast seat of Gilmore for the LNP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:49 am 

Yeah I saw that. I think Warren Mundine is a bit of a dickhead, and I cannot see voters in that seat warming to him given he doesn't live in the area.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:03 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Yeah I saw that. I think Warren Mundine is a bit of a dickhead, and I cannot see voters in that seat warming to him given he doesn't live in the area.

Strange one really. It appears that someone upset Warren and he is doing the old school type revenge thing. He is clearly willing to place personal ambition above conviction so he is a good fit with the LNP.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:33 pm 

It appears that ScoMo has pissed off the local Liberal branch with his decision to parachute Warren Mundine into the seat of Gilmore in NSW.

Quote:
'What they've done to us is appalling': Liberals fume after Scott Morrison intervenes in key seat

By Michael Koziol
22 January 2019 — 7:11pm

Furious Liberals have accused Prime Minister Scott Morrison of betraying party members after he orchestrated a backroom deal to install former Labor Party boss Warren Mundine as the Liberal candidate in the key seat of Gilmore.

In an intervention spearheaded by Mr Morrison and factional allies, NSW state executive members agreed to dump the preselected candidate - south coast real estate agent Grant Schultz - and install the high-profile Indigenous leader and businessman.

As local Liberals fumed, Mr Schultz announced he had quit the party and would contest the seat as an independent. He said his father, the late state and federal Liberal MP Alby Schultz, would be "rolling in his grave".

"The Prime Minister stated that he believes in a fair go - he has not given me that," Mr Schultz said.

He told his local newspaper, the South Coast Register, that Mr Morrison "has taken the party to the days of Eddie Obeid and the faceless men of Labor".

Long-serving south coast Liberal MP Shelley Hancock, who is also Speaker of the NSW Parliament, said it was "one of the darkest days of the Liberal Party", and unleashed an extraordinary tirade against the PM.

"What they’ve done to us here in Gilmore is appalling. We’re handing this seat to the Labor Party," she told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.

"I’ve had mass threats of party resignation from branch members. I can’t convince them otherwise. These are long-term Liberal members.

"I know this area pretty well but nobody bothered to pick up the phone and ask 'what do you think about this Shelley?'"
Ms Hancock said voters would not accept the "outsider" Mr Mundine, who lives on Sydney's north shore and applied for membership of the Liberal Party only on Tuesday.

However, he has ancestral ties to the Shoalhaven area and family members who live in the electorate, and has said he would prefer to run in Gilmore if he made a tilt at politics.
Related Article

Ms Hancock and other local Liberals said disgruntled members would likely stay in the party until the state election but would not campaign for Mr Mundine.

"I doubt he's even seen the Princes Highway in the last 10 years," one irate local Liberal member said.
The Liberal Party conducted polls in the seat of Gilmore last year which "came back really good" for Mr Mundine, according to a senior Liberal source. "While he's an outsider to the Liberal Party, that's his strength," the source said.
But Mr Mundine faces an uphill battle. Retiring Liberal member Ann Sudmalis holds the seat by a thin 0.7 per cent margin, and polls point to a significant swing against the Coalition.

The deal to install Mr Mundine was led by Mr Morrison's centre-right faction, but agreed by the dominant moderates, whose state executive members were required to support the plan. Local members preselected Mr Schultz on December 12, but party executives had not yet formally rubber-stamped the endorsement.

"The locals are livid but it's not their decision," one member of the Liberal state executive said.

Ms Hancock said she was bewildered by her fellow moderates on the party's executive. She said Mr Mundine's only interest in the seat of Gilmore was his support for a nuclear power plant in Jervis Bay - an idea he has previously entertained.
Mr Mundine served as the ALP national president in 2006-07, and later expressed interest in becoming a Labor senator, but was bested by former NSW premier Bob Carr. He left the Labor Party in 2012 after 20 years, saying it was "no longer the party I joined", and his politics have since drifted rightward.

One of Mr Mundine's first post-Labor roles was as chair of the Prime Minister's Indigenous Advisory Council under Tony Abbott, which was then dissolved under prime minister Malcolm Turnbull.

In the months after last year's leadership coup, Mr Mundine branded Mr Turnbull "Malcolm Termite" and said the former PM should "crawl back into his little hole". Many of his tweets express support for Mr Morrison and his government's policies.
Mr Morrison is due to announce the move in Gilmore alongside Mr Mundine on Wednesday. After The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age reported the story on Tuesday, he praised Mr Mundine as a "top bloke" and a friend who had "a lot to offer".

"When I have more to say about our candidate in Gilmore, I will say it then," the PM said. Mr Mundine did not return calls.
The Nationals are also expected to run former state MP Katrina Hodgkinson in the seat, a move that will maximise the centre-right vote for the Coalition.

Labor's candidate for Gilmore, Fiona Phillips, was preselected in March 2017 and established her campaign office in Nowra earlier this month.

Meanwhile, Nationals senator Bridget McKenzie ruled herself out of a tilt at the lower house seat of Indi, which will be vacated by independent MP Cathy McGowan at the election.
After months of toying with a switch, Senator McKenzie said she "cherished and adored" her role in the Senate and wanted to continue in that capacity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:56 am 

You can't make it up :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:29 am 

If I knew who the hell Beetroot is I might hazard a guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:10 am 

mightyreds wrote:

Brainlessly Joyce.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:16 am 

mightyreds wrote:

Really?

It's hardly subtle...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:42 am 

mightyreds wrote:

Brainlessly Joyce.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:42 am 

The Beetrooter...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:15 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
The Beetrooter...

The Betoota Beetrooter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:46 am 

kiap wrote:
Taranaki Snapper wrote:
The Beetrooter...

The Betoota Beetrooter

Beetrooter rooted , figuratively, by the Betoota

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:58 am 

Really poor timing from Sco no Mo parachuting Mundine in as Fairfax break the story of his own preselection rort... another way the zootocracy in the Liberal party are cleaving grass root support away from the bone. F**k them, hope they burn in political hell.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:10 am 

Liberal party MP's and Ministers are now fleeing the party like it's a sinking ship. Last week Kellie O'Dwyer announced her resignation. Yesterday Michael Keenan said he was stepping down. There are rumors that Craig Laundy, Julie Bishop and others will be doing likewise. The atmospherics aren't great for Scott Morrison as he tries to plot a path towards and election victory.

Quote:
Major blow for Liberal Party as Michael Keenan announces he's quitting politics
By Michael Koziol & Ben Grubb

Federal government minister Michael Keenan will quit politics at the election, becoming the latest Liberal MP to depart the Morrison government after Jobs Minister Kelly O’Dwyer announced her resignation last weekend.

Mr Keenan, who is Minister for Human Services and Digital Transformation, announced his decision to his local newspaper, The West Australian, which published its story online late on Friday night ahead of a front-page story on Saturday.

Mr Keenan told the paper he made the decision to quit for family reasons.
"For me I just can’t continue to be an absent dad," he said.

"The sad reality is that [my wife] Georgina has essentially been a single mother in terms of the time I get to spend at home and clearly that puts pressure on her.

"It is just about priorities; I still love the job, but it’s time."

Liberal MP David Bushby also recently announced his resignation, only to be offered a plum overseas posting 60 minutes later. Ms O’Dwyer, who holds the portfolios of jobs, industrial relations and women, last weekend announced she too would leave politics to spend more time with her children and to attempt to have a third child.

In a statement issued at 10.48pm AEDT on Friday, Mr Keenan confirmed his departure, detailing why he decided he would quit.

"Today I am announcing that I will not contest the forthcoming federal election," he said.

"Whilst politics is a proud vocation, it is also [a] difficult and exhausting business. The pressures on family life are formidable, as are the constant rigours of being an effective Member of Parliament, as well as a Minister in the government.
"I have always worked hard as a Member of Parliament and as a Minister, but after doing this for 15 years, I cannot commit to another term."

Over the Christmas break, Mr Keenan said it became "very clear" that his personal circumstances had changed and that quitting politics "was the right one for my family and myself".

"When I was first elected 15 years ago, my first child had not yet been born," he said. "I have been an absent father in the lives of my children and now is the time for this to stop. With a newborn child – our family’s fourth – it is unworkable for my family."

Mr Keenan went on to list a lengthy set of political achievements, including implementing "Carly’s Law" to crack down on online child predators, before saying that he believed the Coalition could win the next election.

"While it is time for me to retire from politics and pass on the baton to another representative in Stirling, I remain resolutely optimistic about the Coalition government’s prospects at the forthcoming election – not just here in Stirling and Western Australia, but across the nation."

Mr Keenan's Liberal colleague Mathias Cormann, Minister for Finance and the Public Service, said that the Coalition was "sad to see him go, but entirely understand and respect the reasons for his decision".

"Serving in the federal Parliament at such a senior level from WA is tough on our families," Senator Cormann said.
Mr Keenan, 46, has held his West Australian seat of Stirling since 2004, when he won it off the Labor Party. He served in cabinet from late 2017 until August, when he was demoted by Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

The departure of one of the government’s younger ministers is yet another blow for Mr Morrison, who faces a significant loss at the upcoming election if polls prove correct.

Mr Keenan’s holds his seat in Perth's north by a margin of 6 per cent, making it vulnerable in the event of a significant swing against the government

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:18 am 

Tiny Windsor was tweeting yesterday about the Betrooter being deselected by the Nats, fairly strong rumours circulating apparently.

Interesting times for the coalition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:25 am 

OMG, Indigenous Affairs Minister Nigel Scullion has just minutes ago also announced he's also going to be stepping down. That's three ministers in a week! Do you reckon the Coalition's internal polling for the upcoming election isn't very good?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-26/ ... 06633549=1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:37 am 

:lol: :lol:

5 years. 5 short years.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:09 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:38 am 

Lest We Forget - On This Day in 1776, Captain Cook killed by Hawaiians...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:04 am 

Taranaki Snapper wrote:
Lest We Forget - On This Day in 1776, Captain Cook killed by Hawaiians...

Pfffft. Stair blokes have just delivered a ham and pineapple pide on a pizza shovel to Tommy Cooper - straight outta the wood-fired oven ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:17 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Liberal party MP's and Ministers are now fleeing the party like it's a sinking ship. Last week Kellie O'Dwyer announced her resignation. Yesterday Michael Keenan said he was stepping down. There are rumors that Craig Laundy, Julie Bishop and others will be doing likewise. The atmospherics aren't great for Scott Morrison as he tries to plot a path towards and election victory.

Quote:
Major blow for Liberal Party as Michael Keenan announces he's quitting politics
By Michael Koziol & Ben Grubb

Federal government minister Michael Keenan will quit politics at the election, becoming the latest Liberal MP to depart the Morrison government after Jobs Minister Kelly O’Dwyer announced her resignation last weekend.

Mr Keenan, who is Minister for Human Services and Digital Transformation, announced his decision to his local newspaper, The West Australian, which published its story online late on Friday night ahead of a front-page story on Saturday.

Mr Keenan told the paper he made the decision to quit for family reasons.
"For me I just can’t continue to be an absent dad," he said.

"The sad reality is that [my wife] Georgina has essentially been a single mother in terms of the time I get to spend at home and clearly that puts pressure on her.

"It is just about priorities; I still love the job, but it’s time."

Liberal MP David Bushby also recently announced his resignation, only to be offered a plum overseas posting 60 minutes later. Ms O’Dwyer, who holds the portfolios of jobs, industrial relations and women, last weekend announced she too would leave politics to spend more time with her children and to attempt to have a third child.

In a statement issued at 10.48pm AEDT on Friday, Mr Keenan confirmed his departure, detailing why he decided he would quit.

"Today I am announcing that I will not contest the forthcoming federal election," he said.

"Whilst politics is a proud vocation, it is also [a] difficult and exhausting business. The pressures on family life are formidable, as are the constant rigours of being an effective Member of Parliament, as well as a Minister in the government.
"I have always worked hard as a Member of Parliament and as a Minister, but after doing this for 15 years, I cannot commit to another term."

Over the Christmas break, Mr Keenan said it became "very clear" that his personal circumstances had changed and that quitting politics "was the right one for my family and myself".

"When I was first elected 15 years ago, my first child had not yet been born," he said. "I have been an absent father in the lives of my children and now is the time for this to stop. With a newborn child – our family’s fourth – it is unworkable for my family."

Mr Keenan went on to list a lengthy set of political achievements, including implementing "Carly’s Law" to crack down on online child predators, before saying that he believed the Coalition could win the next election.

"While it is time for me to retire from politics and pass on the baton to another representative in Stirling, I remain resolutely optimistic about the Coalition government’s prospects at the forthcoming election – not just here in Stirling and Western Australia, but across the nation."

Mr Keenan's Liberal colleague Mathias Cormann, Minister for Finance and the Public Service, said that the Coalition was "sad to see him go, but entirely understand and respect the reasons for his decision".

"Serving in the federal Parliament at such a senior level from WA is tough on our families," Senator Cormann said.
Mr Keenan, 46, has held his West Australian seat of Stirling since 2004, when he won it off the Labor Party. He served in cabinet from late 2017 until August, when he was demoted by Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

The departure of one of the government’s younger ministers is yet another blow for Mr Morrison, who faces a significant loss at the upcoming election if polls prove correct.

Mr Keenan’s holds his seat in Perth's north by a margin of 6 per cent, making it vulnerable in the event of a significant swing against the government

Ships deserting a sinking rat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:28 am 

I'm confident that it's going to be a great year in Australian politics. Watching the Coalition disintegrate before our very eyes, and tear itself into a bloody pulp like cats in a hessian sack, is going to be fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:41 am 

Ali's Choice wrote:
I'm confident that it's going to be a great year in Australian politics. Watching the Coalition disintegrate before our very eyes, and tear itself into a bloody pulp like cats in a hessian sack, is going to be fun.

:lol: I can't see them coming back from here before the election. Morrison is so out of step it's unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:49 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Ali's Choice wrote:

:lol: I can't see them coming back from here before the election. Morrison is so out of step it's unbelievable.

I honestly believe that Morrison knows he's going to lose the next election, and badly, but he genuinely doesn't care. He know that whatever happens he can always say he was once the PM of Australia. Even if it was only for 8 months.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:55 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
mightyreds wrote:

Really?

It's hardly subtle...

TBF, I thought it could be Dutton as well - his head is weird and could be a beetroot or that bloke who is involved in the Hong kong not-hooker scandal - i.e I have no idea what the Beetroot means in relation to Joyce.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:58 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
mightyreds wrote:

Really?

It's hardly subtle...

TBF, I thought it could be Dutton as well - his head is weird and could be a beetroot or that bloke who is involved in the Hong kong not-hooker scandal - i.e I have no idea what the Beetroot means in relation to Joyce.

He goes as red as a beetroot when he's had a few, so quite a lot... and then when the pregnant staffer story broke the Betoota advocate nicknamed him Beetrooter.

Dutton is the Potato. That other weird cnut from Hong Kong is Bond, James Bond.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:58 am 

UncleFB wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
mightyreds wrote:

Really?

It's hardly subtle...

Really?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:12 am 

Slim 293 wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
Slim 293 wrote:
mightyreds wrote:

Really?

It's hardly subtle...

Really?

I don't spend my time checking out his pics on the web. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:17 am 

Barnaby Joyce may as well resign. He was never the great 'retail' politician that he was talked up to be, has done a poor job in a number of key ministerial portfolios and has now lost all moral authority, something that his conservative, rural constituents demand. This isn't the USA, conservative politicians cannot get away with extra-marital affairs and sex scandals.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:38 pm 

Ali's Choice wrote:
Barnaby Joyce may as well resign. He was never the great 'retail' politician that he was talked up to be, has done a poor job in a number of key ministerial portfolios and has now lost all moral authority, something that his conservative, rural constituents demand. This isn't the USA, conservative politicians cannot get away with extra-marital affairs and sex scandals.

Wait till they do an audit on the water resources allocation.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:40 pm 

Could this be the credible independent that may bring Tony Abbott down?

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/politi ... 50tqs.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:49 pm 

Her grandfather was a Wallaby, he earned ten caps. Her father Jake played for Northern Suburbs, he was a handy full back. Played a lot of first grade, but did not represent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:51 pm 

Brumbie_Steve wrote:
Could this be the credible independent that may bring Tony Abbott down?

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/politi ... 50tqs.html

That suggests she has the support of that grass roots liberal movement looking to oust Abbott. In that sense then yes, she’s a credible challenger. One problem here could be too many independents diluting the vote and returning Abbott.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 562, 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568  Next