Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 203  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 33415
Location: Planet Rock
Frodder wrote:
If he was caught juicing before the fight and the WBC weren't told he's toast

The WBC are just one sanctioning body. In the grand scheme of things getting caught juicing is huge. The WBC not knowing about it is minor.
At this point in time everything is pointing to an incident that no one would term as "getting caught juicing".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 1095
I'd assume it could also be possible that some tests don't get immediate results, so I'm guessing it's plausible that adverse test results could be available after the fight when the samples are taken just before.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 33415
Location: Planet Rock
spookly wrote:
I'd assume it could also be possible that some tests don't get immediate results, so I'm guessing it's plausible that adverse test results could be available after the fight when the samples are taken just before.

The reporting is pretty clear that he failed the test before the fight. There was a hearing and he was cleared to fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 911
Joshua - Ruiz Jr. II in Saudi Arabia?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 6367
Location: NZ
mabunch78 wrote:
Joshua - Ruiz Jr. II in Saudi Arabia?

The last stand in the sand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12206
JB1981 wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Joshua - Ruiz Jr. II in Saudi Arabia?

The last stand in the sand?


Duel in the Dunes?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12206
LandOTurk wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Joshua - Ruiz Jr. II in Saudi Arabia?

The last stand in the sand?


Duel in the Dunes?


Kombat in the Kalahari*
* I know that's southern Africa but most boxing fans wouldn't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 6367
Location: NZ
Arabian Fights.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35267
The Fight That Legitimises A Brutal Regime That Still Has To Answer For Khashoggi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3482
I'd be amazed if it was in Saudi Arabia.

Bad time zone for Europe, horrendous for the US. The Saud's would need to be paying enough to account for all that lost PPV revenue.

Not saying it wont happen, just I'd be surprised.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9027
Location: Indiana
The Saudis are paying an ungodly sum of money over 10 years to get 2 big WWE shows at their stadium per year.

In other words, this is just what they're doing. Wouldn't be surprised to see other big fights there. You can guarantee all your money on the front end, and anything else is just gravy. Don King once took a ton of money for Muhammed Ali to fight in Zaire...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4237
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Joshua - Ruiz Jr. II in Saudi Arabia?

The last stand in the sand?


Duel in the Dunes?


Kombat in the Kalahari*
* I know that's southern Africa but most boxing fans wouldn't know.


The Wrecker in Mecca?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12206
New guy wrote:
I'd be amazed if it was in Saudi Arabia.

Bad time zone for Europe, horrendous for the US. The Saud's would need to be paying enough to account for all that lost PPV revenue.

Not saying it wont happen, just I'd be surprised.


It's fine. They will fight at a time to suit Europe and the US. It's not like it will disappoint the fans who will travel to the fight for a night out on the piss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3482
Flyin Ryan wrote:
The Saudis are paying an ungodly sum of money over 10 years to get 2 big WWE shows at their stadium per year.

In other words, this is just what they're doing. Wouldn't be surprised to see other big fights there. You can guarantee all your money on the front end, and anything else is just gravy. Don King once took a ton of money for Muhammed Ali to fight in Zaire...


That was before PPVs though wasn't it?

Just trying to do the maths. Let's say this fight did 500,000 buys in America at $90 each (assuming the fight was in the US). That's $45 million. Plus another 500,000 in the UK at $30 each. That's $60 million in TV revenue alone.

Would be interesting to know how much money Saudia Arabia are offering for the fight. What do the WWE get paid?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5224
4071 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Joshua - Ruiz Jr. II in Saudi Arabia?

The last stand in the sand?


Duel in the Dunes?


Kombat in the Kalahari*
* I know that's southern Africa but most boxing fans wouldn't know.


The Wrecker in Mecca?

Sunni Delight


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9027
Location: Indiana
WWE is making more money off Saudi Arabia than they are Wrestlemania. It's reported to be between $20 to $40 million per event. 10-year deal.

Your PPV buys for the U.S. are quite high I think. Also, half that PPV money goes to the cable and satellite companies, not the promoter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 8076
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)
Confirmed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5224
Ramadan a ding dong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3482
Well then :lol:

x(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
4071 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Joshua - Ruiz Jr. II in Saudi Arabia?

The last stand in the sand?


Duel in the Dunes?


Kombat in the Kalahari*
* I know that's southern Africa but most boxing fans wouldn't know.


The Wrecker in Mecca?

The Riyaldi Jihadi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 5:58 pm
Posts: 178
Rowdy in Saudi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18294
The Screamer in Medina


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1376
The melee by the Red Sea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12206
BillW wrote:
The melee by the Red Sea.


Are you aware they must rhyme? Otherwise you can just say anything.

The Boxing Match in Saudi.
Thunder is the Desert.
Fists of Fury in the Royal Kingdom.
...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
Bouti in Saudi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
Bazaar Bazoom


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
Joshua's Fatwa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35267
LandOTurk wrote:
BillW wrote:
The melee by the Red Sea.


Are you aware they must rhyme? Otherwise you can just say anything.

The Boxing Match in Saudi.
Thunder is the Desert.
Fists of Fury in the Royal Kingdom.
...


Some people - lesser, inferior, ill-educated fools - pronounce melee as "mealy". It's worse than racist cancer IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18294
The Barrage By the Mirage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1575
the Jihad in Riyadh

bah beaten to the punch by CI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1376
JM2K6 wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
BillW wrote:
The melee by the Red Sea.


Are you aware they must rhyme? Otherwise you can just say anything.

The Boxing Match in Saudi.
Thunder is the Desert.
Fists of Fury in the Royal Kingdom.
...


Some people - lesser, inferior, ill-educated fools - pronounce melee as "mealy". It's worse than racist cancer IMO.

Some people think rumble rhymes with jungle and thriller rhymes with Manila.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16899
BillW wrote:
Some people think .... thriller rhymes with Manila.


How does it not? I've never heard any accent where it doesn't - are we all saying Manila wrong or something?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1376
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
BillW wrote:
Some people think .... thriller rhymes with Manila.


How does it not? I've never heard any accent where it doesn't - are we all saying Manila wrong or something?


You need to get out more often.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:39 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16899
BillW wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
BillW wrote:
Some people think .... thriller rhymes with Manila.


How does it not? I've never heard any accent where it doesn't - are we all saying Manila wrong or something?


You need to get out more often.



Erm...ok...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
BillW is right
Its Thrilli in Manilli


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12206
CrazyIslander wrote:
BillW is right
Its Thrilli in Manilli


I think you are mixing it up with Milli Vanilli.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am
Posts: 17256
LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
BillW is right
Its Thrilli in Manilli


I think you are mixing it up with Milli Vanilli.

Nah thats Milla Vanilla


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12206
CrazyIslander wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
BillW is right
Its Thrilli in Manilli


I think you are mixing it up with Milli Vanilli.

Nah thats Milla Vanilla


It's so difficult to keep up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:46 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 7105
LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
BillW is right
Its Thrilli in Manilli


I think you are mixing it up with Milli Vanilli.


Did Ruiz expose Joshua to be as much a fake as Milli Vanilli was?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Anthony Joshua
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 6367
Location: NZ
booji boy wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:
CrazyIslander wrote:
BillW is right
Its Thrilli in Manilli


I think you are mixing it up with Milli Vanilli.


Did Ruiz expose Joshua to be as much a fake as Milli Vanilli was?

Is that what Jeff was alluding to here.

Jeff the Bear wrote:
The Barrage By the Mirage

Looks can be deceiving.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 203  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A5D5E5, bimboman, Bing [Bot], Boobs not Moobs, booji boy, camroc1, Conspicuous, DOB, eldanielfire, fatcat, franch fan, Google Adsense [Bot], henry, Jay Cee Gee, Laurent, malky, MungoMan, Nieghorn, Nolanator, Petej, Property, rialtoblue, SaintK, SamShark, Santa, Sefton, Short Man Syndrome, sonic_attack, wamberal99 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group