Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 79  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:43 pm 

Dumoulin will absolutely smash this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 pm 

Good job them Norweigens aren't into rugby or we'd be buggered, what a check :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 pm 

le chat wrote:
Good job them Norweigens aren't into rugby or we'd be buggered, what a check :lol:

No arms. Red all day :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:53 pm 

Beaver_Shark wrote:
le chat wrote:

No arms. Red all day :lol:

Reminds me of SBW in the league days :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm 

Dennis goes through the time check with blood pissing down his leg and Eurosport commentary can't work out how he's dropped down the rankings... :lol:

Great win for Dumoulin though I still can't warm to the guy after the pissing and moaning he did after colliding with Cav a few years back.

Sensational ride by Froome to grab a bronze medal. :o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm 

Dumoulin is an absolute beast. :thumbup: Great rider.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:10 pm 

terryfinch wrote:

Bit of a gauntlet thrown down ahead of next year's Tour. We'll have to see the route when it comes out next month, but if Froome and Dumoulin both arrive in shape and in form it could be an epic clash. All it's really missing is a younger Alberto Contador.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 pm 

DOB wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

Bit of a gauntlet thrown down ahead of next year's Tour. We'll have to see the route when it comes out next month, but if Froome and Dumoulin both arrive in shape and in form it could be an epic clash. All it's really missing is a younger Alberto Contador.

2009 Contador would be ten minutes up the road.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 pm 

Decent effort by Hammish Bond given it's his first real go at cycling and he's a legend in another sport.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:55 pm 

Cookson Goooooneeee !!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:07 pm 

Tim. wrote:
Decent effort by Hammish Bond given it's his first real go at cycling and he's a legend in another sport.

He was lying 16th before his puncture. Look at the names that put him in amongst!

I reckon he'll be a real contender come 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:05 am 

charltom wrote:
Tim. wrote:

He was lying 16th before his puncture. Look at the names that put him in amongst!

At the age of 34? It's a fantastic result, even without the flat, but let's be honest, he's left the transition pretty late to make a real go of it.

If it turns out he can get over the lumpy bits,I'm sure he'll get a GT ride next year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:13 am 

DOB wrote:
charltom wrote:
Tim. wrote:

At the age of 34? It's a fantastic result, even without the flat, but let's be honest, he's left the transition pretty late to make a real go of it.

If it turns out he can get over the lumpy bits,I'm sure he'll get a GT ride next year.

can he handle himself in a bunch? not followed his progress at all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:24 am 

fishfoodie wrote:
Cookson Goooooneeee !!!

:twisted:

bad news the replacement is a French politician that is linked to Sarkozy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:36 am 

DOB wrote:
charltom wrote:
Tim. wrote:

Yes, at 34. Can't see that being a problem for him.

Lumpy bits are not ideal for him as he's quite a big guy for a cyclist (but nowhere near as big as his former partner Eric Murray!); I'd see the 2020 TT as being his goal and he'll be hoping for a relatively flat one.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:20 am 

It'll be tough to train for TTs and TTs only, which now that Ive read up on him, seems to be all he's been doing. Because there aren't that many pure TT events on the UCI calendar any more. If he can get a ride with a pro team, he'll have a lot to learn about riding in a bunch, just to get through a stage race long enough to compete in the TT.

A good track season might be a place to start on that, though. Pair up with a decent sprinter for a few 6-days and the learning curve should steepen dramatically.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:32 am 

Laurent wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Cookson Goooooneeee !!!

ASO shill.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:35 am 

Tommy Miller needs to grow a pair;

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dumouli ... ambitions/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:07 pm 

DOB wrote:
It'll be tough to train for TTs and TTs only, which now that Ive read up on him, seems to be all he's been doing. Because there aren't that many pure TT events on the UCI calendar any more. If he can get a ride with a pro team, he'll have a lot to learn about riding in a bunch, just to get through a stage race long enough to compete in the TT.

A good track season might be a place to start on that, though. Pair up with a decent sprinter for a few 6-days and the learning curve should steepen dramatically.

it would be quite the story if he could make it.

A chap from my club who is now riding world tour level said his first season in belgium was a baptism of fire. All the old pros at a race would single him out and lean on him and push him about to check if he could handle a bike. He found it quite tough and that was someone who had been racing since he was a nipper.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:19 pm 

Gospel wrote:
Laurent wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Cookson Goooooneeee !!!

ASO shill.

:D :thumbup:

by all accounts he trashed Cookson though

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:46 pm 

Who’s watching? Such a contrast from that shite in Qatar last year. Top racing, brilliant crowds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:56 pm 

Great race so far.

16 second sticky bottle from one of the Italians there. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:37 pm 

Oh well, thats one sports tv director that will be getting his books. Jokeshop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:38 pm 

Sagan??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 pm 

Yes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 pm 

Gutted for Kristoff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 pm 

3 in row. Legend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 pm 

BlackMac wrote:
Sagan??

Least he has had a haircut. Bling couldn't even hold his wheel his sprint was so good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:43 pm 

rugbot 2.0 wrote:
3 in row. Legend

Absolutely incredible achievement.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm 

Incredible from Sagan.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:27 pm 

rugbot 2.0 wrote:
Who’s watching? Such a contrast from that shite in Qatar last year. Top racing, brilliant crowds.

Caught the last lap... until I didn't. Thought Alaphilippe might have enough in the tank to hold on, especially when he left Moscon behind.

Fair play to Sagan. He never has much of a team, but he knows how to win the Worlds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 pm 

What a hero Sagan is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:51 pm 

Bollocks I missed it. :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:23 am 

Road cycling is, for me, a nearly sport. Surely they can have a rolling graphic showing all of the field in order to make finding your riders easier. I recall at the CHC Commonwealth Games there was something. I mean, we rarely saw Sagan, saw Kristoff early a lot, and Bauer a couple of times, but even going on the net, while the race was on wasn't really user friendly.

Did have to laugh when my OSN feed lost all the Moto pics about 4 kms from the finish.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 am 

Legendary win from Peter Sagan since it's his third in a row, the only rider to have achieved this. Sadly this time, he was litterally invisible the entire race, which is not my idea of cycling...

Julian Alaphilippe was immense and IMO deserved the win. He destroyed the field in Salmon Hill, and still had the jump to let Moscon behind as the Italian was becoming more of a liability. Julian looked the part. Alas video cameras stopped working in the last few km (what a let down from the Norwegian organisers, in an otherwise absolutely superb week - and Bergen is such a gorgeaous city) so we did not see exacty who reeled in, probably a combination of Italians/Belgians?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am 

Xupi wrote:
Legendary win from Peter Sagan since it's his third in a row, the only rider to have achieved this. Sadly this time, he was litterally invisible the entire race, which is not my idea of cycling...

Julian Alaphilippe was immense and IMO deserved the win. He destroyed the field in Salmon Hill, and still had the jump to let Moscon behind as the Italian was becoming more of a liability. Julian looked the part. Alas video cameras stopped working in the last few km (what a let down from the Norwegian organisers, in an otherwise absolutely superb week - and Bergen is such a gorgeaous city) so we did not see exacty who reeled in, probably a combination of Italians/Belgians?

If Alaphilippe had stayed away then he would have earned a well-deserved win.

Absolutely bizarre begrudging Sagan that win. He is the biggest marked-man in any race he has a chance of winning, whole teams base their strategy around f*cking with him, and he still gets the job done.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:39 am 

Xupi wrote:

So were Swift and Matthews who also contended the sprint. It was only cause lost pictures of the commentators would have been ejaculating over Sagan appearing at front of the pack. They couldn't even tell it wasn't Bosen Hagen when came round th corner even though no chance he would have leadnout from that far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 am 

Looked to me like Alaphilippe made his move just slightly too soon, he did well to hold his lead for as long as he did but looked like he needed the top of Salmon hill to come about 300m sooner and wasn't able to extend the gap much after the initial move.

Was that Kiryienka who was the last man to get swallowed up before the line? Good effort from him too, a slightly better coordinated effort by him and Alaphilippe might have stayed away.

I don't think Sagan can be blamed for hiding in the wheels given his long experience of others refusing to work with him/working against him in promising break situations.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:43 am 

frillage wrote:
Xupi wrote:

So were Swift and Matthews who also contended the sprint. It was only cause lost pictures of the commentators would have been ejaculating over Sagan appearing at front of the pack. They couldn't even tell it wasn't Bosen Hagen when came round th corner even though no chance he would have leadnout from that far.

Krystoff was pretty much invisible too for that matter.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:49 am 

Xupi wrote:

Like virtually every sprint stage, except that at the worlds you rarely see any of the teams able to form a train, therefore everyone is all over the place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 79  Next