Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 62  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:12 pm 

Beaver_Shark wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Sagan's ride is impressive enough but Dillier with him has been out on a break all day.

Dillier indeed has been heroic today.

At what point does Sagan decide to pull away? He can't risk dragging him to the Veledrone.

Surely rely on his sprint. Dillier surely cannot have much in his tank.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:16 pm 

Brilliant from Sagan.

sagan it is

Sagan masterclass.

BlackMac wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Sagan's ride is impressive enough but Dillier with him has been out on a break all day.

At what point does Sagan decide to pull away? He can't risk dragging him to the Veledrone.

It was pretty bloody close :lol: :lol:

well done both of them. Happy to see Sagan win it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:19 pm 

That was a brilliant finish. Sagan is class.

That's the best of the classics to be won.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:52 pm 

guy smiley wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
Beaver_Shark wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

It was pretty bloody close :lol: :lol:

well done both of them. Happy to see Sagan win it.

Wasn't it. Thats why I qualified with the second 'surely'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:48 pm 

Michael Goolaerts died at PR today. Cardiac arrest. Terrible

RIP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:19 pm 

Margin_Walker wrote:
Michael Goolaerts died at PR today. Cardiac arrest. Terrible

RIP

Very sad indeed. Can't imagine the pain of his poor relatives.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:56 pm 

Awful News :(( RIP Michael

Sounds increasing like he had the Heart Attack on the road, & drifted off as he collapsed; paramedics were on the scene very quickly, & he was medivac'd to hospital very rapidly; but there was nothing the medical response could do :(( :((

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:42 am 

That's horrible news. I was with a mate in a race (charity event for a hospital!), we were bridging to a group in front when he called to me to ease up, turned round and he was grey as fcuk. Never seen anyone look like that. No mobile signal where we were so flagged down another rider to go up the road and find a signal or marshal when a 'kin ambulance passed! Got him to the hospital (where he worked as a charge nurse!) and they sorted him out. He placed third in his category at the one-day Coast to Coast two years later.

Well done Sagan, got it taped. Mrs. Doc in for a disappointing night in front of the telly...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:28 am 

23 years old, terrible news. I think the coverage caught him today. He was lying on his own at the side of the road.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:53 am 

TheDocForgotHisLogon wrote:
That's horrible news. I was with a mate in a race (charity event for a hospital!), we were bridging to a group in front when he called to me to ease up, turned round and he was grey as fcuk. Never seen anyone look like that. No mobile signal where we were so flagged down another rider to go up the road and find a signal or marshal when a 'kin ambulance passed! Got him to the hospital (where he worked as a charge nurse!) and they sorted him out. He placed third in his category at the one-day Coast to Coast two years later.

Well done Sagan, got it taped. Mrs. Doc in for a disappointing night in front of the telly...

Same thing happened during the 2003 Etape du Tour that I did at Limoges. It is really terrible to see this happening. Condolences to the riders family and friends.

2018 race was good viewing. Piotr Sagan is a class rider. Lots of class one day riders though, Cancellara, Museeuw, Kelly remains my personal favourite.

There used to be only a few of us here on this site who actually followed the sport. It has deteriorated badly since a couple of the resident gobshites here began pontificating about the sport.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:08 am 

BlackMac wrote:
23 years old, terrible news. I think the coverage caught him today. He was lying on his own at the side of the road.

Yeah, I saw this. He was alone on the side of the road, lying flat on his back and I immediately thought something looks very wrong there. Liggett and Sherwen didn't seem to think too much of it at the time.

RIP young man.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:07 am 

That is really really sad news. RIP.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:21 am 

Miguel Indurain wrote:
There used to be only a few of us here on this site who actually followed the sport. It has deteriorated badly since a couple of the resident gobshites here began pontificating about the sport.

Haha, harsh! There's a few know their onions though, and I'll try to avoid gobshitery on my part :-).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:28 am 

Miguel Indurain wrote:

Haha, harsh! There's a few know their onions though, and I'll try to avoid gobshitery on my part :-).

That wasn't directed at you. doc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:37 am 

Miguel Indurain wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

That wasn't directed at you. doc.

Thanks :thumbup: I'm quite capable of talking out of my arse though...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:49 am 

Fair play to Sagan, he backed himself to make an aggressive move whilst the rest of them were looking around them, and was lucky that Dillier put in such an incredible ride.

RIP Michael Goolaerts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:38 pm 

Confirmed now that Goolaerts suffered cardiac arrest, which caused his crash, rather than vice versa. Lots of articles floating around now about all the health screenings that riders undergo, and a reminder that what pro cyclists do to themselves is absolutely not healthy.

Watched Roubaix on Sunday morning, but then the hangover kicked in and my head felt like I’d been dragged through carrefour de l’arbre out the back of the Bora team car, so I didn’t post. Anyway, Sagan v impressive, looked like GVA just let him roll off the front, no Quicksteppers were around to chase him, so off he went. He was very lucky to find a willing and able break-mate in Dillier.

Also great to see Taylor Phinney having such a good day.

Ardennes coming up. Getting into the exciting part of the season...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm 

DOB wrote:
Confirmed now that Goolaerts suffered cardiac arrest, which caused his crash, rather than vice versa. Lots of articles floating around now about all the health screenings that riders undergo, and a reminder that what pro cyclists do to themselves is absolutely not healthy.

Watched Roubaix on Sunday morning, but then the hangover kicked in and my head felt like I’d been dragged through carrefour de l’arbre out the back of the Bora team car, so I didn’t post. Anyway, Sagan v impressive, looked like GVA just let him roll off the front, no Quicksteppers were around to chase him, so off he went. He was very lucky to find a willing and able break-mate in Dillier.

Also great to see Taylor Phinney having such a good day.

Ardennes coming up. Getting into the exciting part of the season...

Anyone else remember his old mans crash on LBL ?

His face was, unsurprisingly, in tatters; over a 100 stitches required; & an example on why drafting behind team cars is dangerous, as well as illegal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:07 am 

Did anyone else see the backstory that leads to this?

:lol: :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgGb_lbjxuq ... =petosagan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:57 pm 

Anyone watching the Amstel Gold Race? Sagan and Valverde looking to battle it out in the last 10.

Irish rider Eddie Dunbar for Aqua Blue Sport in the breakaway for a good deal of the race.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:04 pm 

Cracking finish here. Some talent in this front group.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:31 pm 

Valgren wins, deserved after taking it to the lead group. Sagan and Valverde 4th and 5th.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:40 pm 

Astana worked that well with Valgren and Fuglsang. Valgren's attack to get away from the group was a rocket.

Sagan, Valverde and Alaphilippe should have been the favourites in the final group, but they were too focussed on watching each other. Eventually, Sagan just let his old teammates Valgren and Kreuziger go, nobody else chased them, and the race was decided.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:29 pm 

Spoiler: show

Good picture. Ireland's Eddie Dunbar being helped off his bike at the finish.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:40 pm 

As encouraging as Dunbar’s ride was, you can’t help thinking if he’d rode within himself a bit more in the break, rather than trying to be the biggest motor in it, he might’ve been able to stay with the leaders when they bridged. Lawson Craddock in the break, and now he has a top 10 in Amstel Gold.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 pm 

I thought he was fairly motoring as well. All a learning experience for him though I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:16 pm 

Valverde beaten at Fleche Wallonne shocker. Somehow Fleche managed to be a cracking race this year, but still come down to a group sprint up the Mur, and Alaphilippe was just that little bit fresher and stronger.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 pm 

DOB wrote:
Valverde beaten at Fleche Wallonne shocker. Somehow Fleche managed to be a cracking race this year, but still come down to a group sprint up the Mur, and Alaphilippe was just that little bit fresher and stronger.

Good to see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 am 

BlackMac wrote:
DOB wrote:

Good to see.

Alaphilippe has to be my favourite current French rider. Always animates races and willing to have a go.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am 

blindcider wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
DOB wrote:

Good to see.

Alaphilippe has to be my favourite current French rider. Always animates races and willing to have a go.

to be fair pinot (leading the tour des alpes (ex Trentin) does atack regularly (finished second last 2 stages :lol: )

so does Bardet who finished in top 10 in the flèche only 6 sec behind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am 

Laurent wrote:
blindcider wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
DOB wrote:

Good to see.

to be fair pinot (leading the tour des alpes (ex Trentin) does atack regularly (finished second last 2 stages :lol: )

They only attack on mountain stages. Alaphilippe will have a go anywhere.

It's just personal bias though - my personal preference is for classics and rouleur riders like Alaphilippe, Sagan, Gilbert, Terpstra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:14 am 

blindcider wrote:
Laurent wrote:
blindcider wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
DOB wrote:

Good to see.

They only attack on mountain stages. Alaphilippe will have a go anywhere.

It's just personal bias though - my personal preference is for classics and rouleur riders like Alaphilippe, Sagan, Gilbert, Terpstra

both are pretty much climbers though Alaphilippe is a good bit better on the flat .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:35 pm 

What are Jungels' chances here?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:39 pm 

Beaver_Shark wrote:
What are Jungels' chances here?

49 secs?

52now :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 pm 

Fark me this is gonna be so close.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:45 pm 

Alaphillipe for mine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:47 pm 

or maybe not... Jungels might get this

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 62  Next