Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5093 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 128  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 am 

Anyone else watching The Terror? Fantastic series based on the Franklin Expedition, with SPOILER ALERT, added monsters.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:37 am 

Brazil wrote:
Anyone else watching The Terror? Fantastic series based on the Franklin Expedition, with SPOILER ALERT, added monsters.

Yep, watched it last month and thought it was superb, despite being sceptical of the set up initially.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 am 

Anyone watching Happy on Netflix? It's f**king mental :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
Brazil wrote:

Yep, watched it last month and thought it was superb, despite being sceptical of the set up initially.

Only up to the fourth episode on AMC, but am enjoying it immensely, despite being a bona fide horror-wuss. The production values are exceptional.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 am 

Has The Terror come up yet? Brilliant show, unfortunately just a mini-series really as it covers the entirety of the Franklin expedition. Never read the source material (Dan Simmons’ ‘novel’) but it’s suitably bleak and supernatural. The cast is fckign amazing, especially Jared Harris, but it’s probably the first historical series I’ve seen that approaches Deadwood-level dialogue and characterisation - but has to condense into just 10 episodes.

The whole series is on Amazon Prime for anyone interested.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:42 am 

Brazil wrote:

I mean, what the fvck? :uhoh:

Creepy parallel thinking

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:48 am 

Hopefully whoever was behind the production of the Terror has something else in the pipeline. The production, script and acting really was a cut above most of the throwaway Netflix stuff around these days.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:53 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
Hopefully whoever was behind the production of the Terror has something else in the pipeline. The production, script and acting really was a cut above most of the throwaway Netflix stuff around these days.

It really was, and if you’re only up to the 4th episode then you’re in for a pleasant/unpleasant surprise as it gets even better in the final stages.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:54 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
Hopefully whoever was behind the production of the Terror has something else in the pipeline. .

Ridley Scott

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:54 am 

naki wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:

It really was, and if you’re only up to the 4th episode then you’re in for a pleasant/unpleasant surprise as it gets even better in the final stages.

Was Braz at Ep 4. I've finished it.

Ending was very good

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:57 am 

Margin_Walker wrote:
naki wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:

Ending was very good

Just MW mentioned being up to ep 4, though it looks like it’s only on AMC in the UK so Braz probably in the same boat - no pun intended.

Ending is perfect. Those last couple of episodes are literally insane

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 pm 

Cartman wrote:
Really liking "Barry" now after not thinking much of the first episode
Recommended

watched episode 1 last night - enjoyed it ; reminds me a bit of "crashing" - funny, under the radar 30 minutes of entertainment.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:10 pm 

Ewinkum wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Ah that's disappointing. Thought the trailers looked decent.

They did indeed.
But since it was shite, I started in on a Belgian detective series called “The Break” tonight.
We watched two episodes, and its good so far.

It’s got the psychologically damaged, insomniac cop, the dodgy corporate land grab, some rural kinkiness and various lunatics and dodgy fuckers all looking like they might be the murderer.

At this point it’s a thumbs up.

watched 4 or 5 episodes of it, enjoyed it but fell off my radar, must give it another look

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:14 pm 

Steamin Beamin wrote:

It's f**king gleaming. Got a 2nd season apparently.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 pm 

I'd recommend reading the book.

In an Aussie summer, I was freezing reading it....so well written

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:18 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:
Steamin Beamin wrote:

It's f**king gleaming. Got a 2nd season apparently.

Outstanding. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread. Bonkers stuff.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:43 pm 

naki wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
naki wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:

Ending was very good

Just MW mentioned being up to ep 4, though it looks like it’s only on AMC in the UK so Braz probably in the same boat - no pun intended.

Ending is perfect. Those last couple of episodes are literally insane

Yep, to the best of my knowledge its only on AMC so we're well behind. Mind, I'm not sure I could cope with binge watching it without incurring serious psychiatric damage.

It gives me hope for the proposed televisation of the Hyperion books (and I notice that the writers got a reference in to Endymion in episode 4).

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:56 pm 

i mentioned the TERROR first here, quite brilliant with 4 major actors..surely best miniseries of the year.......also watched the New Legends of Monkey, made in NZ with Kiwi actors so Brown washing (lol), 10 epsiodes, if you like Xena or power rangers, you'd like it...Rachel House has a shhort role, pretty funny..

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:17 pm 

True Blue wrote:
Ewinkum wrote:
comets wrote:
The Nords have come with possibly another good tv series, THE RAIN ..trailer looks good..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6656238/vi ... 2924525593

I gave it two chances. It’s all a bit teenage apocalypse and it’s dubbed into English. I’ll skip the rest.

Is it one of those shows where people over 30 don't exist? I'll pass.

So far, yeah. It’s ok but I didn’t realise it’s pretty much a YA fiction show.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:18 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXg2_yExgVY

Season 5 for Arrested Development. Hopefully it's a bit better than season 4.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:09 am 

Hearing that Brooklyn 99 has been axed! :( (As well as Last Man on Earth - which I had no love for - and The Mick, which I've never seen). Friend who likes all three wondering what Fox is going to do next with three sitcoms gone.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
Hearing that Brooklyn 99 has been axed! :( (As well as Last Man on Earth - which I had no love for - and The Mick, which I've never seen). Friend who likes all three wondering what Fox is going to do next with three sitcoms gone.

The last two really went to shit. Hope they wrap up LMOE properly at least

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:13 am 

Nieghorn wrote:

Fuck Fox.

Time for this:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:52 pm 

WTF

Syfy has cancelled The expanse :shock: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:48 pm 

Ah FFS.

Just looked it up and the show creator has said that he'll shop it around to see if someone else picks it up. Hopefully.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:01 pm 

ElementFreak wrote:

I liked season 4, bit different formatwise to the rest basically because of scheduling. Hopefully they put way more money behind it and got everyone together for the same format as 1-3.

Time to start rewatching anyway, like I needed an excuse.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:22 pm 

I'm quite enjoying the third season of Billions.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:40 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:

I liked season 4, bit different formatwise to the rest basically because of scheduling. Hopefully they put way more money behind it and got everyone together for the same format as 1-3.

They just replaced Season 4 on Netflix with a 'remix' version, which is supposedly re-ordered sequentially to be more like 1-3 and apparently much better for it

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:42 pm 

Balls Out! wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:

They just replaced Season 4 on Netflix with a 'remix' version, which is supposedly re-ordered sequentially to be more like 1-3 and apparently much better for it

Really? I heard a properly ordered season 4 was online but I never really had the interest to go looking for it. If it's on Netflix that's definitely worth a watch, cheers :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:49 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Balls Out! wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
ElementFreak wrote:

Really? I heard a properly ordered season 4 was online but I never really had the interest to go looking for it. If it's on Netflix that's definitely worth a watch, cheers :thumbup:
You're welcome. It's what's now shown by default under Season 4. The Original Cut has been moved to the trailers section (on Netflix US, at least)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Ah FFS.

Just looked it up and the show creator has said that he'll shop it around to see if someone else picks it up. Hopefully.

It's the lack of digital distribution rights that was the killer for SyFy. Really annoyed about this but on the other hand I think there is a very good chance of another company picking it up - it's a prestige TV series with an established name and viewership that immediately eliminates the usual investment risks in commissioning new series. Maybe Netflix will be interested, they've already started expanding into sci-fi with Altered Carbon and Lost in Space.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:22 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Ah FFS.

It's the lack of digital distribution rights that was the killer for SyFy. Really annoyed about this but on the other hand I think there is a very good chance of another company picking it up - it's a prestige TV series with an established name and viewership that immediately eliminates the usual investment risks in commissioning new series. Maybe Netflix will be interested, they've already started expanding into sci-fi with Altered Carbon and Lost in Space.

I was thinking that myself. It's probably big enough by now that they could pitch a Netflix exclusive and enough people would actually care.

I presume that whoever picked it up would inherit the costumes and sets etc.? Would cost a bit, but would bring production lead times down as they wouldn't have to do it completely from scratch.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:36 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Ah FFS.

I was thinking that myself. It's probably big enough by now that they could pitch a Netflix exclusive and enough people would actually care.

I presume that whoever picked it up would inherit the costumes and sets etc.? Would cost a bit, but would bring production lead times down as they wouldn't have to do it completely from scratch.

That's a good question. If they'd all been commissioned through Alcon rather than SyFy, ownership probably lies with Alcon. Even if not they may be covered by Alcon's ownership of the overall rights to the series.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:40 pm 

Netflix actually renewed The OA? :uhoh:

I resent the fact that I know I'll watch it simply because I was so fúcking annoyed by that steaming pile of shit of a final episode in the first season.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 pm 

Brooklyn 99 has been cancelled.

Fuck you FOX, fuck you very much.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:05 am 

LUCIFER CANCELED!!! FARK YOU FAUX!!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:49 am 

Expanse has been cancelled :(

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:52 am 

Turbogoat wrote:
Brooklyn 99 has been cancelled.

Fuck you FOX, fuck you very much.

Good comedy, but too goofy/saccharine for me to watch consistently.

Anyone watched the Alan Partridge Mid Morning matters? Worth a watch, as good as the old ones?

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:16 am 

Cancelled shows thus far

ALEX, INC. (ABC comedy)
THE BRAVE (NBC drama)
BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (Fox)
THE CROSSING (ABC drama)
DECEPTION (ABC drama)
DESIGNATED SURVIVOR (ABC)
THE EXORCIST (Fox)
GREAT NEWS (NBC comedy)
KEVIN (PROBABLY) SAVES THE WORLD (ABC drama)
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (Fox)
LIFE SENTENCE (The CW)
LUCIFER (Fox)
MARVEL’S INHUMANS (ABC drama)
THE MAYOR (ABC comedy)
THE MICK (Fox)
THE NIGHT SHIFT (NBC)
QUANTICO (ABC drama)
RISE (NBC drama)
TAKEN (NBC drama)
TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY (ABC drama)
VALOR (The CW)
ZOO (CBS drama)

I kinda like Kevin, Lucifer, the mick and Deception.....if Inhumans was on Netflix and better cast, it would be in its 2nd season right now..

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:50 am 

comets wrote:
LUCIFER CANCELED!!! FARK YOU FAUX!!

Ahh for fucks sake. I enjoyed that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5093 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 128  Next