Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Hot Dayummn, 'Better Call Saul' was amazing this week.

Looking forward to watching it. Didn't get a chance last night. Can really feel things ratcheting up as the season goes on.

It really is one of the best episodes of BCS I've seen. Top 5 definitely. Every main protagonist is on fire.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:10 am 

Working Class Rugger wrote:
comets wrote:
comets wrote:
new season of lethal weapon isn't bad, kinda like SWS..though it was irritating to see Murtaugh in the same clothes for 4 days in the first episode

teh best series right now has to be from the worst channel, FOX, 9-1-1 season 1 was superb, season 2 looks great too...

It's over on NBC (which actually owned the property during its time over on Fox) for season 6 and recently saw an order of an extra 5 episodes on top of its original 13.

Pretty sure both are on FOX...NBC's Manifest is worth a watch as well as New Amsterdam ..

B99 was on Fox who cancelled it after season 5. Which lasted for a little overt 24 hours after the out pour on social media with NBC who again actually owned the property electing to renew it for season 6.

You guys are talking about two different shows. :lol:

Awesome that there's going to be more eps of 99 though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 am 

Insane_Homer wrote:
S3 of The Good Place on Netflix. :thumbup:

Makes me happy too but dont like waiting a whole week for each new episode, that is soooo 00's, I like to binge.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:22 pm 

Kid A wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Looking forward to watching it. Didn't get a chance last night. Can really feel things ratcheting up as the season goes on.

It really is one of the best episodes of BCS I've seen. Top 5 definitely. Every main protagonist is on fire.

Yep, this season is finally winning me over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:39 pm 

BREAKING NEWS

Quote:
Amazon has given a series order to an adaptation of ‘The Wheel of Time‘ high fantasy novels, written by James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under the pseudonym Robert Jordan, the streaming service has announced.

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2018/10/02/a ... me-novels/

All I can remember is threesomes and tugging from the books.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:47 pm 

it was rumored for a while, in fact here is a handy list of 43 rumored/planned/in production big budget fantasy and sci-fi tv shows (list is from a few months back)

https://tv.avclub.com/game-of-game-of-t ... 1828746565

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
it was rumored for a while, in fact here is a handy list of 43 rumored/planned/in production big budget fantasy and sci-fi tv shows (list is from a few months back)

:thumbup:

Although 14 books sounds dautning, there's only really 3 books worth of interest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:57 pm 

hermie wrote:
Kid A wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Yep, this season is finally winning me over.

How many seasons does it take to get good?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:10 am 

UncleFB wrote:
comets wrote:
comets wrote:
new season of lethal weapon isn't bad, kinda like SWS..though it was irritating to see Murtaugh in the same clothes for 4 days in the first episode

teh best series right now has to be from the worst channel, FOX, 9-1-1 season 1 was superb, season 2 looks great too...

It's over on NBC (which actually owned the property during its time over on Fox) for season 6 and recently saw an order of an extra 5 episodes on top of its original 13.

Pretty sure both are on FOX...NBC's Manifest is worth a watch as well as New Amsterdam ..

B99 was on Fox who cancelled it after season 5. Which lasted for a little overt 24 hours after the out pour on social media with NBC who again actually owned the property electing to renew it for season 6.

You guys are talking about two different shows. :lol:

Awesome that there's going to be more eps of 99 though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy shit. We were. What the fudge was I on that day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:25 am 

Kid A wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Kid A wrote:

Fring was excellent. So was Salamanca's nephew, where were they hiding him? Really good character. Mike good too. Think it was probably the deepest we see Jimmy and Kim go too. Agree with your assessment. Can't wait for the season finale, but also very disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:26 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

Quote:
Amazon has given a series order to an adaptation of ‘The Wheel of Time‘ high fantasy novels, written by James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under the pseudonym Robert Jordan, the streaming service has announced.

I'd like to get excited but it's 14 very large books, don't know if they can see it all the way through. Still gonna watch it mind.

Quote:
The Wheel of Time’ is set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists, but only women can use it. Meaning that, in this series, women hold the keys to power.

Erm...no.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:29 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Although 14 books sounds dautning, there's only really 3 books worth of interest.

Eye of the World, Lord of Chaos and...?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:55 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
BREAKING NEWS

Quote:

I'd like to get excited but it's 14 very large books, don't know if they can see it all the way through. Still gonna watch it mind.

Quote:
The Wheel of Time’ is set in a sprawling, epic world where magic exists, but only women can use it. Meaning that, in this series, women hold the keys to power.

Erm...no.

:lol: Wow, they literally missed the entire point of the series.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 am 

Benthos wrote:
Not sure how available these Beeb iPlayer series are beyond Blighty, but:

Trust: outstanding. Danny Boyle directing, Donald Sutherland on the money as old man Getty, Swank and Brendan Fraser on career highs, outstanding soundtrack... like Fargo, the Sopranos and True Detective 1 had a precociously funky love child. Watch.

Killing Eve: Delicious, original, funny & fierce. Also watch.

...but whatever you do, don’t watch Black Earth Rising. Painful, polemical, and pitched waaay off, even with John Goodman’s humanising influence. If the bellends responsible for this abortion think that Coel looks even slightly Tutsi, I look forward to them casting an Inuit as Bobby Sands in their nuanced retelling of The Troubles. Seriously, the UK media is in competition cry-tug mode about this shite, and not even its more switched-on representatives have mentioned the irony of a European hand-wringer moaning about first-world ignorance of / indifference towards the background, detail and aftermath of modern humanity’s greatest genocide casting - and voice-acting - with the subtlety of an early Tin Tin. Beyond bollocks, but doubtless dampening the wokefully arboreal flaps of earnest types called ‘Ros’ who wear their redgoldandgreen Africa pendants whenever they put Graceland on. Cünts.

Can confirm. :nod: Thanks for the heads up Benthos :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:10 am 

The first ...

Looking a pretty decent start .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:09 am 

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:08 am 

I'm halfway through the second season of Lethal Weapon and don't know if I can handle what I've heard is an ambiguous cliff-hanger of a season finale, and we know Clayne has been fired so will I have to come to terms with him being dead and replaced by Stiffler? :(

(I won't bother with the new ones. Really, really like his portrayal more than Gibson.)

I especially like that it's episodic. There are so many serial shows out there now that it becomes a huge investment. This has a few threads, but it's reminded me how much I still like one-and-done shows.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
I'm halfway through the second season of Lethal Weapon and don't know if I can handle what I've heard is an ambiguous cliff-hanger of a season finale, and we know Clayne has been fired so will I have to come to terms with him being dead and replaced by Stiffler? :(

(I won't bother with the new ones. Really, really like his portrayal more than Gibson.)

I especially like that it's episodic. There are so many serial shows out there now that it becomes a huge investment. This has a few threads, but it's reminded me how much I still like one-and-done shows.

the latter....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:20 am 

flaggETERNAL wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Eye of the World, Lord of Chaos and...?

I didn't mean specific books, just generally 3 books worth of stories. The whole journey to the final battle was pointless, it made no strategic sense for example.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm 

I thought the finale of Better Call Saul S4 was really good. Typical BCS, a lot bubbling under. Strange nothing of Nacho. I thought the scene with Werner and Mike was absolutely brilliant, particularly the final few moments which were really well shot imo.

I like the Lalo guy, gonna be exciting next season with him kicking around!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:20 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
I thought the finale of Better Call Saul S4 was really good. Typical BCS, a lot bubbling under. Strange nothing of Nacho. I thought the scene with Werner and Mike was absolutely brilliant, particularly the final few moments which were really well shot imo.

I thought they were going to go a slightly different way with Werner, maybe making the betrayal more complete to frame Mike's general mistrust and disdain of Walter White from the start - as another genius turning to crime. The way they handled it was brutal (and brilliant) though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 am 

Bullettyme wrote:

That finale was probably the best BCS I’ve seen. Chuck doing some Spinal Tap-level karaoke, Mike and the chewing gum, that final scene with Werner, all the Lalo business, Jimmy losing it in the car, then that last sequence where Odenkirk is entirely, believably distraught even when you know it’s a con job. Then the inevitable closing line.

It’s been a slow build but this show is now easily the equal of BB. The only constant distraction as I mentioned before is the age problem. 2003-era Mike now looks about 20 years older than 2013-era Mike and there’s nothing they can do about it

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:24 am 

saw the indian netflix series SACRED GAMES currently in the top 50 in IMDb tv shows and its not bad, can't wait for season 2, by indian standards its really good, the main villain should be working in hollywood... 8.5/10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:28 pm 

It's all good man :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:37 pm 

Watched the first two episodes of Elite on Netflix

I shall not be watching a third.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:58 pm 

naki wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

That finale was probably the best BCS I’ve seen. Chuck doing some Spinal Tap-level karaoke, Mike and the chewing gum, that final scene with Werner, all the Lalo business, Jimmy losing it in the car, then that last sequence where Odenkirk is entirely, believably distraught even when you know it’s a con job. Then the inevitable closing line.

It’s been a slow build but this show is now easily the equal of BB. The only constant distraction as I mentioned before is the age problem. 2003-era Mike now looks about 20 years older than 2013-era Mike and there’s nothing they can do about it

This has been the best season imo, really ramping up and some excellent performances from all of the main characters. I loved that twist at the end with Jimmy's full transformation to Saul complete. Pretty good from Kim too, the devastation and shock there was palpable.

I think the thing with Mike was to show him as the loyal henchman, always willing to do what his boss said, despite having a fairly clear knowledge of what is wrong and right. I think the globus in the bereavement support group underlined that. And perhaps knowing that if he refused he'd suffer the same fate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
naki wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

This has been the best season imo, really ramping up and some excellent performances from all of the main characters. I loved that twist at the end with Jimmy's full transformation to Saul complete. Pretty good from Kim too, the devastation and shock there was palpable.

I think the thing with Mike was to show him as the loyal henchman, always willing to do what his boss said, despite having a fairly clear knowledge of what is wrong and right. I think the globus in the bereavement support group underlined that. And perhaps knowing that if he refused he'd suffer the same fate.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:33 pm 

Ah shit I hadn't realised last nights episode was the season finale. Great stuff alright. A bit weary about it being renewed though. A fifth season might be pushing it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 pm 

'Alien' TV Series Rumored to Be in the Works

This *could* be pretty good, and could be a way to keep the franchise alive after being beaten comatose by Resurrection, AvP, Prometheus, Covenant, and the Colonial Marines game.

Options could be:

- an anthology like the Dark Horse comics
- adaptations of the Steve Perry books with Wilks and Billie (the hype about Neill Blomkamp's proposed movie shows that people still want Hicks' story to continue, and this would allow that without having to retcon Alien 3 [which I love, by the way, piss off])
- Or it could build on the Isolation game (which I haven't played but is apparently great), as that means it can sort-of anchor around Ripley and engage the casual fans of the earlier movies.

That said, I don't think anyone knows what's happening with the franchise since the Disney purchase of Fox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 pm 

FFS another one.

Quote:
To level with the competition, WarnerMedia is launching its own streaming service in late 2019. Though few specifics have been released, WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey revealed that the new streaming service will include content from various corners of WarnerMedia brands, which include HBO, TBS, and Warner Bros. Entertainment.

I think this will just make people pirate more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
FFS another one.

Quote:
To level with the competition, WarnerMedia is launching its own streaming service in late 2019. Though few specifics have been released, WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey revealed that the new streaming service will include content from various corners of WarnerMedia brands, which include HBO, TBS, and Warner Bros. Entertainment.

I think this will just make people pirate more.

That's exactly what it's doing.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... reddit.com

It's always a tight line. Monopolies are a problem for obvious reasons, but at least if you are able to pay, you get everything.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:44 pm 

Iron Fist cancelled.

Ozark renewed

They're apprently going to try doing the Dresden Files again

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:47 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Iron Fist cancelled.

Ozark renewed

They're apprently going to try doing the Dresden Files again

Dresden Files has needed a reboot for a long time. Plenty in the books that would make solid enough tv. The old series had potential, just never quite clicked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:26 pm 

Bar two of the episodes, this season of Always Sunny has been the funniest yet.
Thought they were close to being done, but these last few episodes have been brilliant.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:19 pm 

naki wrote:

THIS. Really really happy with BCS, fantastic season!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:06 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Iron Fist cancelled.

I watched the second season of Iron Fist. And whilst it was better then the first, it suffered from horrible casting of the titular character so I'm not surprised.

Daredevil season 3 looks good. Waiting for Punisher season 2 eagerly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 am 

New series Haunting of Hill House on netflix. Anyone seen it yet?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:03 am 

saw first episode of DC Titan's, not a bad start, it might do better than its CW's counterparts..... its "darker" and grittier....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:43 pm 

The Native wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Iron Fist cancelled.

I watched the second season of Iron Fist. And whilst it was better then the first, it suffered from horrible casting of the titular character so I'm not surprised.

Daredevil season 3 looks good. Waiting for Punisher season 2 eagerly.

Will almost certainly be back on the new Disney streaming service

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:08 pm 

True Blue wrote:
New series Haunting of Hill House on netflix. Anyone seen it yet?

3 episodes so far, it's like a gory "this is us".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137  Next