Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 163  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:51 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Finally started The Wire.

Allow me to spoil it for you....

....McNulty was a ghost the whole time.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit :x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:22 am 

Anybody watch “White Dragon” with that bloke from Life on Mars?

Fantastic Hong Kong based police procedural

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:34 am 

Started watching The Passage
It’s kind of like a zombie/vampire thing
Interesting premise, watchable so far but has the potential to turn shite

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 am 

Ten part series of The Stand planned
https://tvweb.com/the-stand-stephen-king-limited-series-cbs-all-access/?fbclid=IwAR3NkSZJpG2ras6GDAgBnYYSU1RPHna1gjIGlb5M2jfMlcYZxz9FEjietUg

One of my favourite books ever
The previous screen adaptation wasn’t bad but it felt rushed
Ten episodes should do it justice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:32 am 

Winnie wrote:

yeah it looks like it can get way better but is nowhere in class to season one of The Strain, its based on a book so they can have multiple seasons but i doubt that will happen, loved how episode 3 ended though

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 pm 

Winnie wrote:
Ten part series of The Stand planned
https://tvweb.com/the-stand-stephen-king-limited-series-cbs-all-access/?fbclid=IwAR3NkSZJpG2ras6GDAgBnYYSU1RPHna1gjIGlb5M2jfMlcYZxz9FEjietUg

One of my favourite books ever
The previous screen adaptation wasn’t bad but it felt rushed
Ten episodes should do it justice

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

I've just started season 2. Took a bit to warm up to it considering how everyone raves about it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:09 pm 

Anyone started the Nightflyers?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:46 pm 

watched first episode of Ride Upon the Storm - scandi drama with the Putin character from house of cards in it ; looks like its got potential.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:28 pm 

comets wrote:
Winnie wrote:

yeah it looks like it can get way better but is nowhere in class to season one of The Strain, its based on a book so they can have multiple seasons but i doubt that will happen, loved how episode 3 ended though

Watched the first episode last night. What few horror elements there were were good. However a cutesy, precocious child character is a sure way to destroy my interest,so it has a couple more to impress me sufficiently that the irritating little girl is a manageable issue.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:18 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I've just started season 2. Took a bit to warm up to it considering how everyone raves about it.

season 1 was always a slow starter, then really gets going in the last episodes
2 as you'll see changes the setting but it's still brilliant
3 and 4 are peak wire
5 is take it or leave it, but still good to have some closure on the characters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:52 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:
im also interested in this.

Looks like it's right up my alley, but it's getting rather shit rewievs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 pm 

pigaaaa wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

Watched the first one last night and thought it was ok. Certainly enough in it to keep me interested for the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:
pigaaaa wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

Watched the first one last night and thought it was ok. Certainly enough in it to keep me interested for the moment.

That's what the reviews say. "It starts ok. Gets ever more shit as it progresses ".
Thanks anyway. Keep me updated :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:33 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:

Got bored after 2 episodes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:39 pm 

Ffs boys. You're not giving me much hope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:06 pm 

Something to live for: FX commits to a TV adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan's graphic novel series, Y: The Last Man. Solid cast, too:

https://news.avclub.com/fx-at-long-last-orders-y-the-last-man-adaptation-to-1832335247

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:12 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
The Punisher was good. The non-violent story arcs worked reasonably well, IMO. Shows that he's actual got some sort of moral compass, as opposed to just the utter violence. It's a fairly central element of his character, so I suppose that they had to do it.

One bug-bear is how quickly everyone recovers from the absolute carnage in the fights. Whatever about people moving relatively freely after being winged by a bullet, someone who's just taken several knuckle duster shots to the head is going to be dribbling and fed through a straw for the rest of their short life, rather than quickly shaking it off and the stamping the other guy's head through a table or something.
I know, it's a comic book show, but it's just daft.

Still, it was an entertaining series.

Couldn’t believe it when Solotov from Shoter turned up as the baddy. I watched Punisher s1 at the same time as Shooter s3 and the main characters and plots are very similar, wouldn’t have known where I was if he Solotov actor had been in Pubisher s1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:29 pm 

OptimisticJock wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

S1 is awesome, but I could see how the impact of The Wire could be lessened if you watch it now, rather than 5-15 years ago. We're in an era of peak tv, especially serialised TV and there are a bunch of top notch shows out there. Back in the day The Wire and The Sopranos led the way. The best shows I've seen in recent years have been relatively unheralded (The Americans, Halt and Catch Fire) but illustrate how great TV is these days.

I have one friend who couldn't get into The Wire, he wanted to but it just didn't resonate with him, much like me and Breaking Bad, I found it a decent show but in no way justifying the hype and doesn't get close to my top 10 (and I think the increasingly ramped up style of the final seasons was done earlier and better by The Shield).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:59 am 

UncleFB wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

S1 is awesome, but I could see how the impact of The Wire could be lessened if you watch it now, rather than 5-15 years ago. We're in an era of peak tv, especially serialised TV and there are a bunch of top notch shows out there. Back in the day The Wire and The Sopranos led the way. The best shows I've seen in recent years have been relatively unheralded (The Americans, Halt and Catch Fire) but illustrate how great TV is these days.

I have one friend who couldn't get into The Wire, he wanted to but it just didn't resonate with him, much like me and Breaking Bad, I found it a decent show but in no way justifying the hype and doesn't get close to my top 10 (and I think the increasingly ramped up style of the final seasons was done earlier and better by The Shield).

I'm enjoying the Wire.
It's definitely not nearly as edgy as I imagine it would have been, and it's got a slow build, but I like that.
I found the same thing with the Sopranos, though Gandolfini's energy in every scene could make anything exciting.

Anyone watch The Counterpart? Premise seems a small bit goofy, but JK Simmons starring caught my eye.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:03 am 

Floppykid wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

I'm enjoying the Wire.
It's definitely not nearly as edgy as I imagine it would have been, and it's got a slow build, but I like that.
I found the same thing with the Sopranos, though Gandolfini's energy in every scene could make anything exciting.

Anyone watch The Counterpart? Premise seems a small bit goofy, but JK Simmons starring caught my eye.

It's definitely a slow build, in fact I'd say it's defined by the slow build (all of Simon's shows are).

I like Counterpart (obviously not The Wire standard), although I' haven't seen S2 yet, I don't think the premise is that goofy compared with some other shows out there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:07 am 

Netflix has cancelled The Travelers. Barstewards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:08 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:

That's weird as all reports suggested they were going to renew it - I guess the final episode serves as a finale for the series.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:17 am 

Seez wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
The Punisher was good. The non-violent story arcs worked reasonably well, IMO. Shows that he's actual got some sort of moral compass, as opposed to just the utter violence. It's a fairly central element of his character, so I suppose that they had to do it.

One bug-bear is how quickly everyone recovers from the absolute carnage in the fights. Whatever about people moving relatively freely after being winged by a bullet, someone who's just taken several knuckle duster shots to the head is going to be dribbling and fed through a straw for the rest of their short life, rather than quickly shaking it off and the stamping the other guy's head through a table or something.

Couldn’t believe it when Solotov from Shoter turned up as the baddy. I watched Punisher s1 at the same time as Shooter s3 and the main characters and plots are very similar, wouldn’t have known where I was if he Solotov actor had been in Pubisher s1

Josh Stewart? He makes a pretty good bad guy when he goes into that hooded-eye, bleak face thing. He's been in heaps of stuff, and comes across as a genuinely nice guy in other roles, so hopefully he isn't too typecast just yet.
Apparently the Pilgrim character in the Punisher wasn't in the comic books and was purely for TV.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:18 am 

Seez wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

/Facepalm

No wonder he seemed so familiar. I even looked up the actor and didn't cop that he plays Solatov.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:21 am 

Have enjoyed the Punisher. Just got the final episode to watch now.
His and others power of recovery after a savage beating are laughable, comic book stuff if you will.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:36 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:

I just started watching it the other day. I'm halfway through S2, where there seems to be a slight lul (the skydiving/scene repeating episode) but it's definitely one of the top sci-fi shows about. It nails that sci-fi, and all good fiction, is actually about the people, and how the bigger ideas influence and effect the people, rather than about the big mad idea and far-out doodads in isolation.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:54 am 

pigaaaa wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
pigaaaa wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

That's what the reviews say. "It starts ok. Gets ever more shit as it progresses ".

The first episode is fine though you could take or leave it after so not fantastic. Thing is the one review I read said the first episode was unwatchable so written by a moron. I'll watch the second episode at some point (maybe check out another review) and decide then whether it is worth continuing with.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:08 am 

Anyone seen the new Das Boot? It starts tomorrow over here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:50 pm 

Do you want to see a dead body? - Bizarre series by Rob Huebel who each episode takes a different comedian to see a dead body.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm 

Russian Doll on Netflix is superb! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 pm 

Turbogoat wrote:
Seez wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Josh Stewart? He makes a pretty good bad guy when he goes into that hooded-eye, bleak face thing. He's been in heaps of stuff, and comes across as a genuinely nice guy in other roles, so hopefully he isn't too typecast just yet.
Apparently the Pilgrim character in the Punisher wasn't in the comic books and was purely for TV.

Sort of, Pilgrim's an amalgalm borrowing most heavily from The Mennonite.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:57 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:

Groundhog day on steroids?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:18 pm 

c69 wrote:
Insane_Homer wrote:

Groundhog day on steroids?

Live Die Repeat but quirky, dark, funny & intriguing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm 

pigaaaa wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
pigaaaa wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:

Up to episode 4. Still decent and there's a couple of questions in it that are keeping me intrigued.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:26 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

When you're done, post here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2497&hilit=Wire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 am 

Halfway through Westworld S2.

I loved the first season, probably in my top 5 of greatest show. Still undecided on S2; perhaps relying too much on S1 or they're rolling with a fairly predictable storyline after how S1 ended. Either that or it's pure genius, I'll see how I feel at the end.

Also watching the Netflix documentary on Mossad. Jesus Christ what a bunch of cold blooded killers. Fascinating to watch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:47 pm 

Watching Abducted in Plain sight.

Like most other's who have commented online WTF WTF WTF WTF!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm 

anyone enjoying THE MASKED SINGER? byfar the best music show since season 1 of american idol...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:24 pm 

No :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6488 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149 ... 163  Next