Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 176  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:01 pm 

Working Class Rugger wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Tidelands. Aussie muck, the Mrs was watching recently. Unmitigated shite but a Spanish actress who spends a lot of time wearing a clingy long silk dress/nightgowny thing which almost makes the rest of it worthwhile.

Elsa something or other. No rule one,; on the mobile here...

Saw it. Read a synopsis of it. Decided it was shit and not worth the bother. How good does Elsa Pataky look in said silk dresses/nightgrown exactly?

Slinkaaaaay.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:12 pm 

Speed Racer wrote:
Three shows I'm currently enjoying:

Just started the new season of The Man in the High Castle.

Halfway thru The Haunting of Hill House.

Just finished Mr Inbetween. Which was most excellent, tho very short (6eps). Tho I believe it's already been commissioned for a second season.
Just got around to this, really good. I understand it's basically a reboot/ tv version of Aussie movie The Magician. Couldn't find it anywhere at first (in the US or UK) but now looks like I can rent it on Amazon Prime. Anyone seen it? Any decent?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:02 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
Finally got me hands on the final season of Detectorists from the local library. What a delightful end to a series that I initially questioned as sounding a bit lame to absolutely loving once I got into it.

Which season is it? We get up to season 2 on Aussie Netflix.

Need to engage the VPN I see.

Great series

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:43 am 

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
Finally got me hands on the final season of Detectorists from the local library. What a delightful end to a series that I initially questioned as sounding a bit lame to absolutely loving once I got into it.

Great series

Third is the final.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:44 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:

Great series

Third is the final.

:thumbup:

Being an Expat from the West Country and jaded with corporate life, you can see the appeal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 am 

New series Line of Duty starts Sunday. Only just watched the last season, was a bit OTT with characters doing idiotic things for drama but still excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:17 pm 

Pat the Ex Mat wrote:
Being an Expat from the West Country and jaded with corporate life, you can see the appeal

When you watch, let me know how the final two eps affected you ...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
Pat the Ex Mat wrote:

When you watch, let me know how the final two eps affected you ...

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34 pm 

Season 2 of Happy has begun.

If you haven't seen the first season, watch it right the hell now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:56 pm 

Anyone watching / watched American Gods? Only halfway through first season but plenty of wtf moments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:58 pm 

Still Playing wrote:
Anyone watching / watched American Gods? Only halfway through first season but plenty of wtf moments

I enjoyed the first season but after hearing about some behind the scenes issues (showrunner quit, budget cuts) I'm not sure what to expect from season 2.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:58 am 

Tacoma FD has just started.
Broken Lizard - the blokes behind Super Troopers - are now doing a TV series about firefighters, looks to be much in the same vein of humour as their previous work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:32 am 

sorCrer wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
That Shetland season was terrific.

Cheers been toying with watching that.

I really enjoyed all seasons so far.
Have to rewatch the last episode though as I somehow missed what the Buck Rogers looking guy from Glasgow's role was in the whole last season's story

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:03 am 

Just finished Ricky Gervais' After Life.

Really lovely series. I don't have a problem with Gervais playing Ricky Gervais so I didn't have to get over that hurdle.

Some genuinely touching moments- especially in the last episode.

There was one jarring bit about 4 episodes in - I'm not sure how I feel about it still.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:17 pm 

Started on season 2 of the OA. :blush:

And enjoying it. :blush:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:22 pm 

For my sins I'm really enjoying Curfew. It's as derivative as fudge, but none the worse for it, and Billy Zane is a cool dude in it, as always.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:28 pm 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
Still Playing wrote:

I enjoyed the first season but after hearing about some behind the scenes issues (showrunner quit, budget cuts) I'm not sure what to expect from season 2.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of season 2 there are certainly some issues with adapting the original material for TV but its enjoyable enough mostly due to the dialogue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:34 pm 

assfly wrote:

I really want to like the things Brit Marling does, they always sound interesting, but they're usually a massive slog. Gave up on season 1.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:35 pm 

Did any one watch Deep State last year with Mark Strong? A second series is airing in May, although it looks as though Mr Strong is not returning. Was a bit silly, but quite an enjoyable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:41 pm 

Davestar wrote:
Did any one watch Deep State last year with Mark Strong? A second series is airing in May, although it looks as though Mr Strong is not returning. Was a bit silly, but quite an enjoyable.

yup, I enjoyed it. the female cast members helped also.
Billionaires is back wooohooo ! 2 episodes in, not quite off the ground yet but enjoying it. Watched episode 1 of season 2 of "top of the lake" - disappointing ; couple of episodes into Collateral and finding it enjoyable enough

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:27 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
assfly wrote:

I really want to like the things Brit Marling does, they always sound interesting, but they're usually a massive slog. Gave up on season 1.

My reaction to the beginning of The OA season 1:

Spoiler: show

to the middle:

and to the end:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:34 pm 

Drake of all people has bought the rights to channel 4’s excellent Top Boy. Coming back to Netflix this Autumn for a new season. Cannot wait.

https://pitchfork.com/news/netflix-and- ... e-trailer/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:02 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
assfly wrote:

to the middle:

and to the end:

Looks like it won't make the 'Maybe I should give that another shot' list then.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:53 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
assfly wrote:

to the middle:

and to the end:

I enjoyed this more than The OA.

I enjoyed Dark recently, season 2 is out soon. Very heavy on the time travel though, so need to be in the mood for it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:31 am 

Gazzamonster wrote:
Just finished Ricky Gervais' After Life.

Really lovely series. I don't have a problem with Gervais playing Ricky Gervais so I didn't have to get over that hurdle.

Some genuinely touching moments- especially in the last episode.

There was one jarring bit about 4 episodes in - I'm not sure how I feel about it still.

Absolutely - loved the series, wonderful last episode but that bit in ep 4 was confronting to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:39 am 

American Gods s2 is ok. Wish Shadow Moon would stop being such a broody little bitch though. Also, getting the impression they don't seem to know where they're going.

Derry girls s2. Funny if not funnier than s1. :lol: It's funny how the soundtrack is almost identical the music I listened to growing up in the 90s in Fiji.

Anyone watched a series called Origin? Pretty good if you want some sci fi

And rewatching GoT. Still hate the show but feck it, may as well hatewatch it to the bitter end.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 am 

sockwithaticket wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
assfly wrote:

to the middle:

and to the end:

Looks like it won't make the 'Maybe I should give that another shot' list then.

In fairness I actually was still into it (if not as enthusiastically so after about episode 4 or 5) until the final episode, but that f**king interpretive dance shite almost had me put my fist through my laptop scheme. I've downloaded the entire S2 and will struggle through for Brit Marling if nothing else.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 am 

Hellraiser wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
assfly wrote:

to the middle:

and to the end:

:lol: :lol:
Yep that about sums it up
The scene in the school canteen is possibly the worst bit of tv ever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:20 am 

anyone caught the new "the name of the rose" tv series, with john turturro ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:28 am 

Watched a couple of episodes of Dynasty last night, the missus has been watching it a bit.
f**king hell, it's terrible.

I don't understand the attraction of shows centred around obnoxiously rich white people. There's nothing compelling about it. You could argue that it's escapism to something very different to your day to day life, like fantasy or sci-fi, but I find all the characters to be dickheads and I don't care about whatever nonsense struggles their navigating in the series.
The writing and acting in Dynasty is poor, on top of that.

The missus enjoyed Gossip Girl as well, which was very much of the same genre, IMO; which I also didn't care for. I suppose lots of the female cast are nice to look at.

Really don't get the those shows. I suppose it would be boring if we were all the same.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:50 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Watched a couple of episodes of Dynasty last night, the missus has been watching it a bit.

I don't understand the attraction of shows centred around obnoxiously rich white people. There's nothing compelling about it. You could argue that it's escapism to something very different to your day to day life, like fantasy or sci-fi, but I find all the characters to be dickheads and I don't care about whatever nonsense struggles their navigating in the series.

The missus enjoyed Gossip Girl as well, which was very much of the same genre, IMO; which I also didn't care for. I suppose lots of the female cast are nice to look at.

Really don't get the those shows. I suppose it would be boring if we were all the same.

You need to hand in your man card

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:51 am 

I agree that the ending to S1 of the OA wasn't to everyone's liking. But so far S2 does go some way to redeem/explain it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:44 am 

Winnie wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

You need to hand in your man card

Meh, it was an episode and a half while eating takeaway. I definitely won't be seeing more of it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:54 am 

Enjoying Suburra on Netflix at the moment. Crime and Political drama set in Rome. Better than the Gomorrah series I think and nice seeing Rome in glorious UHD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:58 am 

Nolanator wrote:

The appeal lies in women being vicious gossips, thus enjoying watching awful people behaving awfully.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:00 am 

Nolanator wrote:

When you;ve got the current White House administration, everything else seems a bit tame by comparison

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:19 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
The appeal lies in women being vicious gossips, thus enjoying watching awful people behaving awfully.

Yeah, probably. Pure female market crap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:23 pm 

eevyl wrote:
Enjoying Suburra on Netflix at the moment. Crime and Political drama set in Rome. Better than the Gomorrah series I think and nice seeing Rome in glorious UHD.

liked it, but not even close to gomorrah imo, especially the first 2 seasons
suburra tv series is the prequel to a movie, watched it after and it's a bit shit, don't bother

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:28 pm 

The trailer for Cobra Kai Season 2 looks amazing. Cobra Kai was the best show last year imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXoQJx3jYs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:36 pm 

akann wrote:
The trailer for Cobra Kai Season 2 looks amazing. Cobra Kai was the best show on TV last year imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXoQJx3jYs

Looking forward to this one, that first season was far better than I'd have thought a series based on the Karate kid could be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 176  Next