Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 181  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:44 pm 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Instinct Detective thing with Alan Cummings is crap.
Looking forward to Autumn watch on the beeb.

Yeah, dire.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 pm 

Watched Points of View on Sunday, someone was asking why BBC had released their new production of War of the Worlds in other parts of the world but not here. No real answer given but they said it was scheduled to be shown in the UK in November. They did show some scenes from it and it did look good. Anyone out there seen it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:38 pm 

OttawaKat wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Almost through with Justified. Very happy I picked it up again. Going to have to go and watch Deadwood after this.
I tried getting back into BSG, when I saw it on Prime, but it just hasn't engaged me. I love me a bit of sci-fi, but at the end of each episode I don't have that urge to get stuck straight into the next one. Maybe it's the production style or something. I'm probably spoiled by higher budget, more modern TV productions now.

Justified is fun. Despite being a smokeshow, Winona did not add to the plot. I think the writers put themselves in a corner with her. I loved Art, Tim and Rachel as characters.

Great closing scene.

Just started on The Shield and am loving it.
Enjoy! Great show. Without spoiling anything, the finale is brilliant, and not one you see coming

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:40 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Watched Points of View on Sunday, someone was asking why BBC had released their new production of War of the Worlds in other parts of the world but not here. No real answer given but they said it was scheduled to be shown in the UK in November.
At a (complete) guess, it was perhaps co-funded by another company (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime) as seems to be happening these days, and those other broadcasters might have more flexibility in their broadcasting schedule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:10 pm 

OttawaKat wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Almost through with Justified. Very happy I picked it up again. Going to have to go and watch Deadwood after this.
I tried getting back into BSG, when I saw it on Prime, but it just hasn't engaged me. I love me a bit of sci-fi, but at the end of each episode I don't have that urge to get stuck straight into the next one. Maybe it's the production style or something. I'm probably spoiled by higher budget, more modern TV productions now.

Justified is fun. Despite being a smokeshow, Winona did not add to the plot. I think the writers put themselves in a corner with her. I loved Art, Tim and Rachel as characters.

Great closing scene.

We didn't get to see nearly enough of Tim. The others neither, but I felt there was a lot more that could have been done with that character.

Still non-procedural limited series only have so many minutes and side characters are often interesting because of the gaps around them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:23 pm 

Blake wrote:
Very surprised by Watchmen. It's pushing some interesting buttons; where everything is upside down and inside out in the alternate reality.

Everything dialed up to 11 and exaggerated for effect.

I'm digging it. Really interested to see how it plays out. Some big hits, clues and references already in the first 2 episodes.

Oh, and the soundtrack is amazing.

+1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:45 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
OttawaKat wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Great closing scene.

We didn't get to see nearly enough of Tim. The others neither, but I felt there was a lot more that could have been done with that character.

Still non-procedural limited series only have so many minutes and side characters are often interesting because of the gaps around them.

Tim especially. Seemed to be more of a wiseass in the final season. References to him having PTSD and maybe a drinking problem were teases as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:25 pm 

Watching Doc Martin and see Lord Varys actor. Had to google him as I couldn't place him. Then also saw he was Elsie (the smurf) in Car Share. What a brilliant actor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:31 am 

Anyone watching Guilt on BBC?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:21 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
Blake wrote:
Very surprised by Watchmen. It's pushing some interesting buttons; where everything is upside down and inside out in the alternate reality.

I'm digging it. Really interested to see how it plays out. Some big hits, clues and references already in the first 2 episodes.

+1

I don't like how they have made it in to a race war show with Rocshach followers being white supremacists, but still interested in how it'll play out

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Blake wrote:

+1

I don't like how they have made it in to a race war show with Rocshach followers being white supremacists, but still interested in how it'll play out

Yeah, it seems woke enough, but I haven't watched it yet.
I'll wait till it's done first.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:46 pm 

new Witcher trailer is out, show will premiere Dec 20th, all 8 episodes of S1 available at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:47 pm 

Swamp Thing sucks, unsurprisingly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:59 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Blake wrote:

+1

People are reading too much into the “wokeness” of the alternate timeline.
It’s exploring an interesting alternate world, where liberals have achieved all their goals (electric cars and an end to global warming, insanely strict gun laws, a police force unable to use firearms without authorization, reparations paid to black Americans, whites being a racial minority in the USA, and excessive sensitivity to LGBTQ+ groups) yet the world is still a shithole because...people.

Folks that have an affinity for Rorschach from the movie seem to be critical of the idea of white supremacists rallying around his image, but it makes perfect sense. He was an anti-establishment, anti-authoritarian masked vigilante in open defiance of the law against unsanctioned masked crime fighters. He was an outcast (just like some of the trailer park dwellers in ep2) and his discovery and journal in the original novel fuels the right wing conspiracy movement in this world with the notion that the squid-monster attack was a false flag...which it was in this case. A perfect analog for 9/11 which didn’t occur in this universe.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:04 pm 

Perfect analog? :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:08 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
new Witcher trailer is out, show will premiere Dec 20th, all 8 episodes of S1 available at once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

Seems like it has some good action in it but the writing seems crappy. Unsurprising for a netflix show, but it may be good enough

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 pm 

Man In Black wrote:
Swamp Thing sucks, unsurprisingly.

Which is a shame. I've only gotten through the first episode so far, but there are some really cool horror images in there. Alas, everything around them seems tedious and poorly acted.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:09 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Blake wrote:

+1

I've only seen one episode so far

His Dark Materials starts on Sunday too :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:54 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Blake wrote:

+1

You obviously haven’t read the book , where do you think his dairies ended up ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:36 pm 

Rorschach being appropriated by a bunch of angry white manchildren is absolutely spot on, if you ask me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:01 pm 

Balls Out! wrote:
OttawaKat wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Great closing scene.

Enjoy! Great show. Without spoiling anything, the finale is brilliant, and not one you see coming

The Shield is one of the greatest underrated shows out there.

I've always stated (probably even multiple times in this thread) that Breaking Brad was never as good to me as The Shield did much of the same stuff - especially the accelerating craziness in the late seasons heading to the end/finale.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:10 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
Balls Out! wrote:
OttawaKat wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Great closing scene.

It had one of the best(worst) deaths in any show I've seen. I got a bit tired about how 110% it was and didn't finish it out. The whole thing was so generally over the top it wore out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:58 pm 

Anyone watched Jack Ryan? I see it being pushed quite heavily on Prime.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 pm 

UncleFB wrote:
Balls Out! wrote:
OttawaKat wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Great closing scene.

I've always stated (probably even multiple times in this thread) that Breaking Brad was never as good to me as The Shield did much of the same stuff - especially the accelerating craziness in the late seasons heading to the end/finale.

I'm liking it. It reminds me a little of Ozark or Justified in that there is just too much going on, but that is what makes it fun. I like sprint-paced shows like this and also marathon pace like Better Call Saul.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:55 pm 

Nolanator wrote:

Nice to see a bit of bumbling ineptness by Ryan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:07 am 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

I enjoyed the first season
Office Jim's attempt to be an action star was a bit weird for a while but f*ck it why not
Plus he's married to the full metal bitch so he's probably all right

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:44 am 

I really enjoyed the first Jack Ryan series. Ending was a bit weak but very watchable show.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:35 pm 

OttawaKat wrote:
sockwithaticket wrote:
OttawaKat wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Great closing scene.

Tim especially. Seemed to be more of a wiseass in the final season. References to him having PTSD and maybe a drinking problem were teases as well.

Oops. Just realised that I have another season to go. Thought I was on the last one. Nice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:49 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
I really enjoyed the first Jack Ryan series. Ending was a bit weak but very watchable show.

I just can't take him seriously as a lead action CIA dude.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:03 am 

Cartman wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

I enjoyed the first season
Office Jim's attempt to be an action star was a bit weird for a while but f*ck it why not
Plus he's married to the full metal bitch so he's probably all right

I’ve only seen a few eps of the Office, so know him more from this, the Benghazi movie and The Quiet Place ... so no issues with him being an action star.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:07 am 

I’m loving Cobra Kai.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:49 pm 

Dinosaur 13 documentary on Sky/Now Tv well worth a watch. About the discovery of Sue the T-rex.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:56 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Dinosaur 13 documentary on Sky/Now Tv well worth a watch. About the discovery of Sue the T-rex.

That the one in Chicago?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:21 pm 

maverickmak wrote:
Rorschach being appropriated by a bunch of angry white manchildren is absolutely spot on, if you ask me.

Exactly !!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:25 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

That the one in Chicago?

Yep, it's about how they found it and how it ended up in Chicago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:29 am 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

That the one in Chicago?

I remember learning about that story when I saw it in the field museum. It's incredible in the flesh, so to speak.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:16 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

That the one in Chicago?

I remember learning about that story when I saw it in the field museum. It's incredible in the flesh, so to speak.

This is from the perspective of those that found her. I get the impression their story might be a bit different to the Field museum's.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:20 pm 

Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Boobs not Moobs wrote:

That the one in Chicago?

This is from the perspective of those that found her. I get the impression their story might be a bit different to the Field museum's.

Must see if I can find the doco, so. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:45 pm 

eugenius wrote:
maverickmak wrote:

Exactly !!!

The woke wars shite with everything these days really turns me off watching, I'll wait till it's done and there's a separation.
Waiting to see if the end of season 1 leaves it open for a second season too, if that's the case I wont bother.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:35 am 

Don't know much about The Witcher, never read the books nor played the games, but I heard there'd be monster hunting in it which I'm always down for. Alas, not much evidence of that in the trailer that just dropped looked a lot more human vs. human with some royalty chucked in - attempting to ape GoT?

Shame, been missing a good monster of the week/episode show since Supernatural jumped the shark years ago and focused almost exclusively on angels vs. demons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 181  Next