Chat Forum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 199
"Off to Celtic Park (now). Hopefully, we have a good crowd of Leinster supporters over there. Glasgow rugby players all support Rangers I'm told. So everybody in Glasgow should be supporting us, the Celtic fans for sure. Hopefully, we will have a good crowd over there.

I think it will be unbelievable. Thousands of Irish fans go over to Glasgow to watch Celtic play virtually every weekend. Hopefully, we will have a few of those fans next week. Because, as I said, Glasgow rugby is probably more Rangers supporters than Celtic ones."

Because bringing sectariansism to Rugby is such a good move. :roll:

As a Weegie with families from both persuasions ,one of the greatest parts of Glasgow Rugby is the complete lack of Sectarianism.

I've never heard Sectarian abuse / chanting / songs for all the times I've been to Scostoun /Firhill / Hughenden in the 20 odd years I've followed Glasgow.

Glasgow Rugby supporrters tend to be Glasgow Rugby supporters -end of. For Cullen to suggest otherwise , words fail me


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm
Posts: 4178
It's important to put this in context too. A Leinster fan was kicked out for hurling sectarian abuse during the Leinster/Ulster european quarter final.

A few weeks later, Leinster's head-coach is promoting a thinly-veiled sectarian rhethoric.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31942
Location: Dublin
Really surprised he said that to be honest.

Should be good for niggle for the game although Glasgow won't need any help. They look certs to win the final


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 199
iarmhiman wrote:
Really surprised he said that to be honest.

Should be good for niggle for the game although Glasgow won't need any help. They look certs to win the final


Sectarianism is "good for niggle for the game"- do you really think that ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3214
Location: G W C
Fukked if I would want any Old Firm fans there that aren't already rugby fans.

Keep sectarianism out of rugby please.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8676
Location: Watson city, MN
Yeah not mad on that at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13951
If The Glasgow coach mentioned Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians we’d all be saying how interested he is in other cultures. I don’t get the fuss.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31942
Location: Dublin
Birdy wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Really surprised he said that to be honest.

Should be good for niggle for the game although Glasgow won't need any help. They look certs to win the final


Sectarianism is "good for niggle for the game"- do you really think that ??


Mate I don't agree with what he said but if you're desperate to make a massive issue of this go ahead.

I won't be losing any sleep.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15784
Nothing in there that anyone but SJW should be upset about.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11685
Are they all rangers fans?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3614
Jeez, that's incredibly dull and ignorant. Bloomin tube.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 12272
You just have to scratch ever so slightly beneath the surface for some


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 199
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Are they all rangers fans?


Who Knows ( I suspect Cullen doesn't ) and who cares


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31942
Location: Dublin
The only reason he said that was because the game is in Celtic Park.

Had the game been in Hamden nothing like that would have come up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:24 pm
Posts: 4178
iarmhiman wrote:
The only reason he said that was because the game is in Celtic Park.

Had the game been in Hamden nothing like that would have come up.


Probably. Just extremely careless. Especially so with what happened in the Euro quarters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3614
iarmhiman wrote:
The only reason he said that was because the game is in Celtic Park.

Had the game been in Hamden nothing like that would have come up.

The games not in Hampden though, so your point is irrelevant


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6546
nardol wrote:
Nothing in there that anyone but SJW should be upset about.


Twat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 199
Meh ,why suggest Glasgow Warriors players /Supporters are mainly Rangers supporters with all that history of Bigotry that brings. Its poor judgement from some one who should know better


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:56 pm
Posts: 134
Birdy wrote:
Meh ,why suggest Glasgow Warriors players /Supporters are mainly Rangers supporters with all that history of Bigotry that brings. Its poor judgement from some one who should know better


This. Alongside the Irish posters trying to downplay/justify the comment.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7428
This game should never have been played at Celtic park.

What was wrong with Murrayfield or Hampden Park?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31942
Location: Dublin
Scots desperately looking to be offended.

I'm surprised by the comment as I thought he'd know not to bring football issues into rugby. I'm going for Leo being misinformed rather than trolling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3614
Birdy wrote:
Meh ,why suggest Glasgow Warriors players /Supporters are mainly Rangers supporters with all that history of Bigotry that brings. Its poor judgement from some one who should know better

Lowest common denominator fodder for the tabloids though, and in the biggest week of rugby for Glasgow since the Commonwealth games. Congrats Leo! :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6368
Willie Falloon wrote:
This game should never have been played at Celtic park.

What was wrong with Murrayfield or Hampden Park?


What's wrong with Celtic Park?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6546
Willie Falloon wrote:
This game should never have been played at Celtic park.

What was wrong with Murrayfield or Hampden Park?


Why not? Hampden is shite


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13951
Why can’t the Scots get along?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3614
iarmhiman wrote:
Scots desperately looking to be offended.

I'm surprised by the comment as I thought he'd know not to bring football issues into rugby. I'm going for Leo being misinformed rather than trolling.

So someone being misinformed means one can't be offended by what they say?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17185
I think we can all see the cracks appearing in Irish rugby. Humiliation in the 6 Nations. Beaten in the Euro final. So worried they'll get the trifecta of losses in the Pro14 that they are stooping to unsavoury sectarianism to try and get their psychologically shot players up for the last game of the season.


Last edited by Jeff the Bear on Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31942
Location: Dublin
dargotronV.1 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
The only reason he said that was because the game is in Celtic Park.

Had the game been in Hamden nothing like that would have come up.

The games not in Hampden though, so your point is irrelevant


It is relevant as you don't know what the journalist may have asked him. Celtic have massive support in Ireland and the fact that the game is being played in Celtic Park may have promped either the journalist to bring it up or Leo on his own to bring it up.

Had it been in Hamden, none of this would have been brought up.

Had it been in Ibrox it may have been brought up as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13951
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I think we can all see the cracks appearing in Irish rugby. Humiliation in the 6 Nations. Beaten in the Euro final. So worried they'll get the trifecta of losses in the Pro14 that they are stooping to unsavoury sectarianism to try and get their psychologically shot players up for the last game of the season.


I’m just hoping we beat the hosts Japan in the RWC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7428
Leinsterman wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
This game should never have been played at Celtic park.

What was wrong with Murrayfield or Hampden Park?


What's wrong with Celtic Park?



Why not Ibrox then?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6368
I couldn't give a shit where it's played to be honest. You seem to have a problem though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31942
Location: Dublin
dargotronV.1 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Scots desperately looking to be offended.

I'm surprised by the comment as I thought he'd know not to bring football issues into rugby. I'm going for Leo being misinformed rather than trolling.

So someone being misinformed means one can't be offended by what they say?


Depends on the person and their sensitivity I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6546
Willie Falloon wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
This game should never have been played at Celtic park.

What was wrong with Murrayfield or Hampden Park?


What's wrong with Celtic Park?



Why not Ibrox then?


Dunno, why not? Come on Willie, you have a point to make so make it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31942
Location: Dublin
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I think we can all see the cracks appearing in Irish rugby. Humiliation in the 6 Nations. Beaten in the Euro final. So worried they'll get the trifecta of losses in the Pro14 that they are stooping to unsavoury sectarianism to try and get their psychologically shot players up for the last game of the season.


Don't stay too smug. I think Australia will wipe the floor with Wales in the group stages.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6546
Leinsterman wrote:
I couldn't give a shit where it's played to be honest. You seem to have a problem though.


Me neither, I’m genuinely not getting the point being made here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:10 pm
Posts: 3396
Cmon Willie. Spit it out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7428
Spit what out?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17185
iarmhiman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I think we can all see the cracks appearing in Irish rugby. Humiliation in the 6 Nations. Beaten in the Euro final. So worried they'll get the trifecta of losses in the Pro14 that they are stooping to unsavoury sectarianism to try and get their psychologically shot players up for the last game of the season.


Don't stay too smug. I think Australia will wipe the floor with Wales in the group stages.


By the time all their Pacific Islander God-botherers do a walk-out, I doubt they'll be able to field a team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3614
iarmhiman wrote:
dargotronV.1 wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
The only reason he said that was because the game is in Celtic Park.

Had the game been in Hamden nothing like that would have come up.

The games not in Hampden though, so your point is irrelevant


It is relevant as you don't know what the journalist may have asked him. Celtic have massive support in Ireland and the fact that the game is being played in Celtic Park may have promped either the journalist to bring it up or Leo on his own to bring it up.

Had it been in Hamden, none of this would have been brought up.

Had it been in Ibrox it may have been brought up as well.

Ah come on. It's entirely irrelevant to the accusation of being ignorant, at best ill advised and more than a bit dull. His point is all about the game being in Glasgow. Rangers frankly have nothing to do with it, why he thinks it's relevant to bring them up is beyond anyone. Aside from anything else I would most certainly not wish to be accused of being a rangers fan, but as calmly pointed out by others Glasgow rugby has nothing to do with the appalling divide between the ugly sisters and long may that continue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6368
So anyway, what's wrong with Celtic Park?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beaver_Shark, Bing [Bot], BokJock, Boobs not Moobs, CarrotGawks, danny_fitz, DragonKhan, earl the beaver, Edinburgh01, Glaston, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], Hawaiian_shirts_rule, Mullet 2, Nieghorn, penguin, Podge, Rinkals, ruckinhell, SaintK, sewa, shereblue, spookly, Toulon's Not Toulouse, unseenwork and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group