Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428 ... 430  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am
Posts: 1134
Location: NZ
maxbox wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:

I suspect chloe has enviable time management skills. She has certainly packed in a lot in a small space of time. Her simple but elegant dress sense suggests she has that rare ability of being naturally organised. I think she joined the wrong party but it got her straight into parliament. I could see her switching to Labour one day. Future pm material possibly.

Golly is dopey as fck but very entertaining. Probably a stayer too.


Despite being patronising as fudge :lol: I think you're right on Swarbrick being future PM material. I think James Shaw sees this in her, and it's why she was bumped up the list and she's been pushed to the front a lot. She will likely be loyal and only switch if the Greens go down, which isn't unlikely. She was talked up as a possible leader during the Turei brain explosion saga.


Yeah piss off mate, she is a fcuking Yank :lol:
who is a yank?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:05 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: Wellington
Kahu wrote:
maxbox wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:

I suspect chloe has enviable time management skills. She has certainly packed in a lot in a small space of time. Her simple but elegant dress sense suggests she has that rare ability of being naturally organised. I think she joined the wrong party but it got her straight into parliament. I could see her switching to Labour one day. Future pm material possibly.

Golly is dopey as fck but very entertaining. Probably a stayer too.


Despite being patronising as fudge :lol: I think you're right on Swarbrick being future PM material. I think James Shaw sees this in her, and it's why she was bumped up the list and she's been pushed to the front a lot. She will likely be loyal and only switch if the Greens go down, which isn't unlikely. She was talked up as a possible leader during the Turei brain explosion saga.


Yeah piss off mate, she is a fcuking Yank :lol:
who is a yank?


Regarding Greens, Julie-Anne Genter is American born, but Swarbrick is kiwi-as.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am
Posts: 1134
Location: NZ
Yeah Chloe is a born n bred Aucklander as far as I was aware but didn't see anything regarding JAGuar???

Loving the fuel tax attacks but also loving how Taxinda just glosses over everything like a consummate professional which leads me to think she needs a new moniker, like...Teflon Cindy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15250
Kahu wrote:
Yeah Chloe is a born n bred Aucklander as far as I was aware but didn't see anything regarding JAGuar???

Loving the fuel tax attacks but also loving how Taxinda just glosses over everything like a consummate professional which leads me to think she needs a new moniker, like...Teflon Cindy

You can't just use the monikers that Key had (although, there's probably not any new ones left).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am
Posts: 1134
Location: NZ
UncleFB wrote:
Kahu wrote:
Yeah Chloe is a born n bred Aucklander as far as I was aware but didn't see anything regarding JAGuar???

Loving the fuel tax attacks but also loving how Taxinda just glosses over everything like a consummate professional which leads me to think she needs a new moniker, like...Teflon Cindy

You can't just use the monikers that Key had (although, there's probably not any new ones left).

I think despite their obvious differences the two are very comparable but you are right and I guess Taxcinda is so apt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 1019
Location: NZ
Well it hasn't been a year yet and we are back to Clark and her mandatory lightbulbs and shower heads

Labour to make all alcohol producers to put on pregnancy warning labels

Apparently there may still be a deaf, blind hermit woman living on a Catlins sand dune who hasn't heard drinking while pregnant is dodgy

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/nz- ... ls-alcohol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6123
eugenius wrote:
Classic - 😂


Oh dear.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6123
eugenius wrote:
Classic - 😂


Please!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 54
deadduck wrote:
There's a real chance that entire site has been set up in an attempt to convince undecided voters to vote for left wing groups. This kind of social engineering is more common than ever these days.


Yeah too funny. Although you do realise the young nats are mobilised everytime Cindy smiles, to lambast social media and to influence those who can’t think for themselves. Also Crooked Judy’s dealings with Cameron Slater too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7986
Location: Vandean Coast
Yep. As I said it happens pretty often without many people realising it. Half the NZ political memes doing the rounds on facebook last election were directly funded by political parties. Labour spent a lot of money on "Backing the Kiwi meme" as well as the Young Nats. Claiming the centre ground by convincing people the opposition is extreme is typical campaigning
But I don't really get why a so-called neutral political compass website would have so heavily skewed NZ's political parties to the right without some kind of agenda. NZ is well known internationally as having one of the most liberal governments in the world.
The other explanation is sheer incompetence.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3085
I think it’s sheer incompetence. I don’t see act as more authoritarian than national. Most people assume they are though as they think they’re just a more extreme version of national.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33920
This is funny :

https://twitter.com/MatthewHootonNZ/sta ... 05601?s=19

The difference between the comments below Clarke and below Hooton. :lol:

Maybe we are heading for our own American style cognitive split sometime in the future.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19943
Dark wrote:
Well it hasn't been a year yet and we are back to Clark and her mandatory lightbulbs and shower heads

Labour to make all alcohol producers to put on pregnancy warning labels

Apparently there may still be a deaf, blind hermit woman living on a Catlins sand dune who hasn't heard drinking while pregnant is dodgy

https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/nz- ... ls-alcohol


It's called a Public Health message. If disseminating public information is going to reduce the prevalence of fetal alcohol disorder in NZ which would reduce costs to the State, why would you complain?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1146
deadduck wrote:
Yep. As I said it happens pretty often without many people realising it. Half the NZ political memes doing the rounds on facebook last election were directly funded by political parties. Labour spent a lot of money on "Backing the Kiwi meme" as well as the Young Nats. Claiming the centre ground by convincing people the opposition is extreme is typical campaigning
But I don't really get why a so-called neutral political compass website would have so heavily skewed NZ's political parties to the right without some kind of agenda. NZ is well known internationally as having one of the most neo-liberal governments in the world.
The other explanation is sheer incompetence.


fixed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1146
deadduck wrote:
We can always do the old political compass
Image


Even though it seems to place the NZ parties way too far right. No way I should be sitting next to the Greens. I'd hate to see what kind of psycho answers you'd have to put in to get close to where ACT are
Image


The terms "Left" and "Right" originated in the debating forums in post- Bastille storming Revolutionary Paris.

The "Right" in theses forums were radicals who rejected the existing status quo - ie the absolute power of the Bourbon monarchy and the excessive power and wealth of the church , but who were conservative enough to doubt the wisdom of regicide and the total annihalation of the Catholic faith . They almost univerally consisted of Bourgeois and the dreaded petit-Bourgeois.

They were all universally far to the "left" of any NZ political parties and individual MP's.

The neo-liberal agenda has significantly shifted all our political parties to the "Right"

To my mind the only of Left-centre pollies in our present parliament would be the Maori caucus of Nania Mahuta, Willie Jackson & co and even then the socialist rating , for want of better words , is obscured by their unique perspective of the people they represent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3085
You think they are further left than any green mp? E.g. Marama Davidson?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am
Posts: 1134
Location: NZ
I would have Greens as far more authoritarian. Just because they want dak legalised doesn't make them libertarian.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7986
Location: Vandean Coast
So how come most people arrive near the centre of their compass?
Are the majority raging leftists and just don't know it?
Is the survey broken? I think this is probably it. The questions are too simple


Actually tbf I've stated several times I'd probably vote for the Greens if they weren't so economically illiterate


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3085
James knows his shit. The rest are a bit more dicey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39454
Location: in transit
Joyce, from the Good Economic Management branch of the Country Women’s Association, would have us believe the 11bn hole is still there in the budget.

That’s good polo skills. Chutzpah.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14501
Location: Coalfalls
guy smiley wrote:
Joyce, from the Good Economic Management branch of the Country Women’s Association, would have us believe the 11bn hole is still there in the budget.

That's a...largish hole. Is everyone else too embarassed to talk about it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39454
Location: in transit
MungoMan wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Joyce, from the Good Economic Management branch of the Country Women’s Association, would have us believe the 11bn hole is still there in the budget.

That's a...largish hole. Is everyone else too embarassed to talk about it?

All Blacks!
Trump!!
Late night American TV!!!
Taxcinda... not enough exclamation points on my phone for that last one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:05 pm
Posts: 2414
Location: Wellington
Meanwhile, in the least surprising news department...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/107848792/national-party-leader-simon-bridges-set-to-announce-outcome-into-expenses-leak-inquiry

Quote:
Simon Bridges points finger at Jami-Lee Ross in expenses leak inquiry


Quote:
National may move to suspend MP Jami-Lee Ross after an inquiry into who leaked leader Simon Bridges expenses' found he was the most likely culprit.

At a press conference on Monday, Bridges said the caucus would consider the MP's future on Tuesday.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 1019
Location: NZ
kiweez wrote:
Meanwhile, in the least surprising news department...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/107848792/national-party-leader-simon-bridges-set-to-announce-outcome-into-expenses-leak-inquiry

Quote:
Simon Bridges points finger at Jami-Lee Ross in expenses leak inquiry


Quote:
National may move to suspend MP Jami-Lee Ross after an inquiry into who leaked leader Simon Bridges expenses' found he was the most likely culprit.

At a press conference on Monday, Bridges said the caucus would consider the MP's future on Tuesday.


Image



Pretty funny to watch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3085
This stinks of Collins. Jamie thinks he has dirt on Simon. Well well well, today got interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2078
Kahu wrote:
I would have Greens as far more authoritarian. Just because they want dak legalised doesn't make them libertarian.


Perhaps people have made the following (il)logical leaps?
libertarian = liberal = progressive.

Presumably authoritarian doesn't include wanting to interfere with property rights, compulsory unionism, tighter controls on land use, racial and gender quotas in employment.

ACT who are economically liberal and as close as we get in NZ to libertarians are seen as more authoritarian than National WTF?

Perhaps no one actually has the faintest felching idea what the word means?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21772
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
Wilderbeast wrote:
This stinks of Collins. Jamie thinks he has dirt on Simon. Well well well, today got interesting.


Disappointing is what it is. I thought for once we might end up with a strong opposition instead of the usual shell shocked disinterested rabble that follows a change in government. But they seem to be self destructing.

Maybe one day before I die we'll end up with a strong government and a strong opposition.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 1019
Location: NZ
Ardern is brainier than I gave her credit for

Well her advisers probably

Way to stick the knife into Nationals bad day

"Support us or you don't care"

:lol: :lol:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... rices-bill


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33920
Dark wrote:
Ardern is brainier than I gave her credit for

Well her advisers probably

Way to stick the knife into Nationals bad day

"Support us or you don't care"

:lol: :lol:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... rices-bill


H2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:56 pm
Posts: 6994
Dark wrote:
Ardern is brainier than I gave her credit for

Well her advisers probably

Way to stick the knife into Nationals bad day

"Support us or you don't care"

:lol: :lol:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politi ... rices-bill


Is the the petrol prices bill where, whilst moaning about the price of petrol, she forgot to mention the 15cents a litre that has been added as tax in the last 13 months? Some of it by her very own government?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12141559


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39454
Location: in transit
S2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2198
Location: Well South
It's ok Simon. Paula has (*) your back.

* a target on


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8934
Poor old Simon , what a shit show !

Let alone the thought of Paula as opposition leader - 🙄


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19943
kiweez wrote:
Meanwhile, in the least surprising news department...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/107848792/national-party-leader-simon-bridges-set-to-announce-outcome-into-expenses-leak-inquiry

Quote:
Simon Bridges points finger at Jami-Lee Ross in expenses leak inquiry


Quote:
National may move to suspend MP Jami-Lee Ross after an inquiry into who leaked leader Simon Bridges expenses' found he was the most likely culprit.

At a press conference on Monday, Bridges said the caucus would consider the MP's future on Tuesday.


Image


What a complete shambles. This is the sort of behaviour that resulted in Labour losing support 10 or so years ago. I never thought I'd see the National party implode like this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8934
Trouble is they really feel born to rule , and that last election loss was unexpected and gutting .

Now left with the unholy realisation that they might very well be sitting out of government for two terms they are eating their own !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11609
Well, that escalated quickly. I don't think even in the days of Cunliffe did the Labour combatants wage twitter wars with each other.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 1019
Location: NZ
Auckman wrote:
Well, that escalated quickly. I don't think even in the days of Cunliffe did the Labour combatants wage twitter wars with each other.


TBF it isn't a huge amount different to Labour's Chris Carter fiasco

Minus a Clark to rescue his arse and gift him a job at the UN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 39454
Location: in transit
Yeah but...

Emails.
Birth certificates.
But but butbutbutbutbbbbbbuttttttt

You’re a rabble.
Give in and let all your bitter despair out now. That way you’ve still got a couple of years to try and regather some dignity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1146
Fat Old Git wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
This stinks of Collins. Jamie thinks he has dirt on Simon. Well well well, today got interesting.


Disappointing . But they seem to be self destructing.


Inevitable, I'd have thought.

The 19th century mindset that pre-dominates in the Gnats will only last a limited time in the harsh light of reality that having no power , no captive audience and nobody lining up to stroke your ego , brings.

It could get really nasty too , they're such a shallow , venal lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 1019
Location: NZ
guy smiley wrote:
Yeah but...

Emails.
Birth certificates.
But but butbutbutbutbbbbbbuttttttt

You’re a rabble.
Give in and let all your bitter despair out now. That way you’ve still got a couple of years to try and regather some dignity.


The chances of Labour not getting a second term are close to zero.

It is very rare NZ govts don't.

It would be the biggest choke since Goliath's mate said "Goliath. Do you mind beating up that wee dude Dave for me?"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428 ... 430  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bimboman, Blake, CrazyIslander, danny_fitz, de_Selby, Diego, Fangle, frankster, Google Adsense [Bot], haunch, juddy, Jumper, LandOTurk, Leinsterman, lemonhead, lorcanoworms, Luckycharmer, malky, Monk Zombie, MrBunhead, Mr Fedora, pjm1, Plato'sCave, SamShark, tabascoboy, Tecumseh, Tez, TheBouncer, Theflier, The Man Without Fear, Toro, unseenwork, Wilson's Toffee, Winnie and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group