Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20074 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 502  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
Enzedder wrote:
You're the only one really thinking that - there was one huge proviso to the people coming forward - can you remember back to earlier today what that may be?

Reminder - they do not wish to lay a complaint and the details of their comments were confidential (I am not even sure if Mallard knows them to be frank).

The report was released so he had to make comment, but there was little he could say about the assaults


Well obviously

But do you not think given the interviews were months ago and they would have known about the bloke months ago, it might have been a good idea to sort out removing the bloke before announcing this anonymous person and I don't know..... Not saying rape. Because it wasn't?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6901
Interesting thing this Wellbeing Budget. New York Times has picked up on it.

Quote:
Still, he said he was optimistic that the new budget approach would be a success, at least as an organizing principle. Budget planning often lacked focus in the past, he said, but officials in government agencies have told him that is not the case this year.

“If you’re not addressing one of those five priorities, you’ve got almost no hope of a budget bid being successful,” he said.

The package of help for domestic and sexual violence survivors announced by Ms. Ardern was the result of a joint bid among seven agencies and New Zealand’s attorney general. The goal is to take pressure off the police as the primary responders to such matters, Mr. Robertson, the finance minister, said.


https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/worl ... bYnXhhWqXM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3516
There’s been a huge focus on government agencies working in unison lately. It’s overdue.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 5426
Location: NZ
What do people think about Peter Dunne's thoughts on the wellbeing budget? This is from April but he sees it as a continuation of the status quo from the last decade or so.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/04/26/552310/roots-of-wellbeing-budget-reach-back-to-national#


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 128
JB1981 wrote:
What do people think about Peter Dunne's thoughts on the wellbeing budget? This is from April but he sees it as a continuation of the status quo from the last decade or so.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/04/26/552310/roots-of-wellbeing-budget-reach-back-to-national#

Careful now.....you might trigger the lefty fanboys who are easily fooled by JA sticking her head to the side, smiling and generally looking earnest etc....talking lots....saying nothing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5196
Location: Vandean Coast
blah blah blah National just gave tax cuts to the rich while screwing the country blah blah blah [/Labour spambot]


Problem is, plenty of people happily believe that narrative


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3516
JB1981 wrote:
What do people think about Peter Dunne's thoughts on the wellbeing budget? This is from April but he sees it as a continuation of the status quo from the last decade or so.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/04/26/552310/roots-of-wellbeing-budget-reach-back-to-national#


Given he hasn’t seen it yet, he should probably refrain from commentary until after he sees the details. Labour is talking the talk but not many people know if they’re walking the walk at this stage.

I have heard rumours that people who expect the status quo could be surprised, but they’re just rumours at this stage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 5426
Location: NZ
Wilderbeast wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
What do people think about Peter Dunne's thoughts on the wellbeing budget? This is from April but he sees it as a continuation of the status quo from the last decade or so.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/04/26/552310/roots-of-wellbeing-budget-reach-back-to-national#


Given he hasn’t seen it yet, he should probably refrain from commentary until after he sees the details. Labour is talking the talk but not many people know if they’re walking the walk at this stage.

I have heard rumours that people who expect the status quo could be surprised, but they’re just rumours at this stage.

He is commenting on the framework though, not the as yet unknown funding decisions. I found it interesting that someone who has worked with both sides had this view. As you say though, the proof of decisions will come next week, but to Dunne at least, it sounds like the ideology behind things isn't too dissimilar from the past.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3516
All budget bids had to link to one of the 5 priorities and there was all sorts of work behind it to justify it. Cost pressures were generally the only area up for funding outside this process.

Hard to know how much impact it all had. Treasury still runs the triaging internally so if they haven’t changed their thinking then it’s going to look pretty similar. I was involved in an external agency so hard to say how much of treasury’s process has changed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 5426
Location: NZ
Agencies will have played the game of inserting the right words to maximise their chances.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16932
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
jono45 wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
What do people think about Peter Dunne's thoughts on the wellbeing budget? This is from April but he sees it as a continuation of the status quo from the last decade or so.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/04/26/552310/roots-of-wellbeing-budget-reach-back-to-national#

Careful now.....you might trigger the lefty fanboys who are easily fooled by JA sticking her head to the side, smiling and generally looking earnest etc....talking lots....saying nothing



Of course the Right Whingers will think it's all their idea. Except of course their party didn't anything with their new ideas except build a new road.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3516
JB1981 wrote:
Agencies will have played the game of inserting the right words to maximise their chances.


Of course we did!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 8:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
Ahh yes

NZ first "well being budget"

Because Ardern is saying no other Labour govt or National govt has done a budget with the public's well being in mind.

Who would have known she thinks her mentors 9 years of budgets were based on greed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6901
JB1981 wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
What do people think about Peter Dunne's thoughts on the wellbeing budget? This is from April but he sees it as a continuation of the status quo from the last decade or so.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/04/26/552310/roots-of-wellbeing-budget-reach-back-to-national#


Given he hasn’t seen it yet, he should probably refrain from commentary until after he sees the details. Labour is talking the talk but not many people know if they’re walking the walk at this stage.

I have heard rumours that people who expect the status quo could be surprised, but they’re just rumours at this stage.

He is commenting on the framework though, not the as yet unknown funding decisions. I found it interesting that someone who has worked with both sides had this view. As you say though, the proof of decisions will come next week, but to Dunne at least, it sounds like the ideology behind things isn't too dissimilar from the past.


Dunne has been whingeing and moaning about the current government ever since his least favourite person chose to work with Labour. I stopped reading what he had to say last year as I found it was all mostly "current govt bad; last govt oh so good". Quite simplistic but quite predictable because he hates Winston's guts so that will always colour what he has to say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
Turns out Mallard was an idiot

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12234808


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16932
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Dark wrote:



Worse than an idiot - that is resign all his posts (including MP) wrong.

I would be suing for 7 figures if I were him and that report is correct.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 3953
Wilderbeast wrote:
All budget bids had to link to one of the 5 priorities and there was all sorts of work behind it to justify it. Cost pressures were generally the only area up for funding outside this process.

Hard to know how much impact it all had. Treasury still runs the triaging internally so if they haven’t changed their thinking then it’s going to look pretty similar. I was involved in an external agency so hard to say how much of treasury’s process has changed

Hardly new though. In the mid-00s we had the budget 'themes' that we had to talk to (three from memory), then in the last eight years or so we've had the BPS (five themes and ten key result areas), and now we've got five wellbeing areas. The trick at any given time is just to construct your funding bid narrative around whatever the headings are.

The main difference this time, if they're true to form, is that this government will have a less measurable and less measured set of targets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5426
Enzedder wrote:
Dark wrote:



Worse than an idiot - that is resign all his posts (including MP) wrong.

I would be suing for 7 figures if I were him and that report is correct.
If that report is correct there needs to a new Speaker like yesterday x(

Look at that then compare the report on the paedo prinicipal who got away with everything of the worst nature for years...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:14 am
Posts: 5426
Location: NZ
Wow, if that is correct I can't think of any reason other than idiocy to explain Mallard's statements. This from the man tasked with upholding reason in Parliament


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31084
Location: in transit
Flockwitt wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Dark wrote:



Worse than an idiot - that is resign all his posts (including MP) wrong.

I would be suing for 7 figures if I were him and that report is correct.
If that report is correct there needs to a new Speaker like yesterday x(

Look at that then compare the report on the paedo prinicipal who got away with everything of the worst nature for years...



uh huh....

Quote:
By: Barry Soper


yeah maybe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18118
Location: A vacant lot next to a pile of rubble
Apparently kiwibuild isn't even going to meet the reduced target of 300 (down from 1000) houses in the first year. And in fact there never were any actual targets...

Disappointing. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
guy smiley wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
Enzedder wrote:
Dark wrote:



Worse than an idiot - that is resign all his posts (including MP) wrong.

I would be suing for 7 figures if I were him and that report is correct.
If that report is correct there needs to a new Speaker like yesterday x(

Look at that then compare the report on the paedo prinicipal who got away with everything of the worst nature for years...



uh huh....

Quote:
By: Barry Soper


yeah maybe.


Far out. The dude made a cock up. Deal with it.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31084
Location: in transit
Barry Soper's your Dad, isn't he.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5196
Location: Vandean Coast
Fat Old Git wrote:
Apparently kiwibuild isn't even going to meet the reduced target of 300 (down from 1000) houses in the first year. And in fact there never were any actual targets...

Disappointing. :(



But entirely predictable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
guy smiley wrote:
Barry Soper's your Dad, isn't he.

No he ain't

But I'm guessing Mallard from his threshold he considers the 4 sexual assaults against teens at the Labour Party camp would be rape, so I am wondering why Labour isn't opening up the report into them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
Apparently someone in govt isn't a happy bunny.

Guessing it is a Greenie or Labour

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics ... ils-leaked


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5196
Location: Vandean Coast
Dark wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Barry Soper's your Dad, isn't he.

No he ain't

But I'm guessing Mallard from his threshold he considers the 4 sexual assaults against teens at the Labour Party camp would be rape, so I am wondering why Labour isn't opening up the report into them.


By his own standards he should have been expelled after he attempted to murder Tau Henare.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6508
Dark wrote:
Apparently someone in govt isn't a happy bunny.

Guessing it is a Greenie or Labour

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics ... ils-leaked


Bridges and National clutching at straws again. Personally I'm pleased to see an increase in defence spending.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
booji boy wrote:
Dark wrote:
Apparently someone in govt isn't a happy bunny.

Guessing it is a Greenie or Labour

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics ... ils-leaked


Bridges and National clutching at straws again. Personally I'm pleased to see an increase in defence spending.


They have to clutch at anything at the mo'

Labour leaking is becoming a bit of worry though.

The Jassiah must be getting annoyed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10908
Location: Austin, TX (Via The Glorious Republic of Auckland)
Dark wrote:



How does this shithead still have a job? That is outrageous, he should be fired for that (Mallard that is)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6508
True Blue wrote:
Dark wrote:



How does this shithead still have a job? That is outrageous, he should be fired for that (Mallard that is)


But but but Guy Smiley has already dealt with this ... the article is written by Barry Soper therefore is to be dismissed as mischievous scuttlebutt. Unless of course Soper is your dad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 31084
Location: in transit
booji boy wrote:
True Blue wrote:
Dark wrote:



How does this shithead still have a job? That is outrageous, he should be fired for that (Mallard that is)


But but but Guy Smiley has already dealt with this ... the article is written by Barry Soper therefore is to be dismissed as mischievous scuttlebutt. Unless of course Soper is your dad.


I question the factual accuracy of anything Soper writes... the article linked didn't present any facts, only suggestions by Soper regarding what we should regard as truth.

EDIT...

how do we know the guy in the story is the person Mallard referred to? There's the suggestion it's him because he was stood down... if his story is true and he is the person in question then it throws a high profile investigation's integrity into serious question. Are we to believe the investigation was really that flimsy that apparently anecdotal evidence was sufficient? I just find it implausible... if it's true then there's a wider issue to consider than just the Speaker's professionalism.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
guy smiley wrote:
booji boy wrote:
True Blue wrote:
Dark wrote:



How does this shithead still have a job? That is outrageous, he should be fired for that (Mallard that is)


But but but Guy Smiley has already dealt with this ... the article is written by Barry Soper therefore is to be dismissed as mischievous scuttlebutt. Unless of course Soper is your dad.


I question the factual accuracy of anything Soper writes... the article linked didn't present any facts, only suggestions by Soper regarding what we should regard as truth.

EDIT...

how do we know the guy in the story is the person Mallard referred to? There's the suggestion it's him because he was stood down... if his story is true and he is the person in question then it throws a high profile investigation's integrity into serious question. Are we to believe the investigation was really that flimsy that apparently anecdotal evidence was sufficient? I just find it implausible... if it's true then there's a wider issue to consider than just the Speaker's professionalism.


Would imagine it would be comparing the incidents in the report from the same woman twice to the incidents of the bloke who just "happened to be stood down" the day that Mallard said a bloke was stood down

Like the hug 2 years after it happened and the same woman saying he looked at another chicks tits. And the peck on the cheek in front of his wife when she rocked up at his house

EDIT: Obviously all of the above are and should be considered rape.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11358
Dark wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
booji boy wrote:
True Blue wrote:
Dark wrote:



How does this shithead still have a job? That is outrageous, he should be fired for that (Mallard that is)


But but but Guy Smiley has already dealt with this ... the article is written by Barry Soper therefore is to be dismissed as mischievous scuttlebutt. Unless of course Soper is your dad.


I question the factual accuracy of anything Soper writes... the article linked didn't present any facts, only suggestions by Soper regarding what we should regard as truth.

EDIT...

how do we know the guy in the story is the person Mallard referred to? There's the suggestion it's him because he was stood down... if his story is true and he is the person in question then it throws a high profile investigation's integrity into serious question. Are we to believe the investigation was really that flimsy that apparently anecdotal evidence was sufficient? I just find it implausible... if it's true then there's a wider issue to consider than just the Speaker's professionalism.


Would imagine it would be comparing the incidents in the report from the same woman twice to the incidents of the bloke who just "happened to be stood down" the day that Mallard said a bloke was stood down

Like the hug 2 years after it happened and the same woman saying he looked at another chicks tits. And the peck on the cheek in front of his wife when she rocked up at his house

EDIT: Obviously all of the above are and should be considered rape.


Christ you're a rabid fuckwit.

Clearly if Mallard has messed up as badly as that article would seem to suggest he should severely censured and deserves everything he gets however you don't know do you?

All you are doing is running round the room making fire engine noises whilst building strawman arguments about hugs and kisses equating to rape.

Get a grip you hysterical knob.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11358
Meanwhile National are furiously leaking details of the budget. Wtaf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
RuggaBugga wrote:
Meanwhile National are furiously leaking details of the budget. Wtaf



Pretty funny

24 pages apparently and they waited till Grant Robertson started a press conference (He apparently walked out rather flustered halfway through)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 4:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6508
Dark wrote:
RuggaBugga wrote:
Meanwhile National are furiously leaking details of the budget. Wtaf



Pretty funny

24 pages apparently and they waited till Grant Robertson started a press conference (He apparently walked out rather flustered halfway through)


:lol:

Hopefully there'll be something in the 'well being budget' to help soothe his frazzled nerves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3705
guy smiley wrote:
booji boy wrote:
True Blue wrote:
Dark wrote:



How does this shithead still have a job? That is outrageous, he should be fired for that (Mallard that is)


But but but Guy Smiley has already dealt with this ... the article is written by Barry Soper therefore is to be dismissed as mischievous scuttlebutt. Unless of course Soper is your dad.


I question the factual accuracy of anything Soper writes... the article linked didn't present any facts, only suggestions by Soper regarding what we should regard as truth.

EDIT...

how do we know the guy in the story is the person Mallard referred to? There's the suggestion it's him because he was stood down... if his story is true and he is the person in question then it throws a high profile investigation's integrity into serious question. Are we to believe the investigation was really that flimsy that apparently anecdotal evidence was sufficient? I just find it implausible... if it's true then there's a wider issue to consider than just the Speaker's professionalism.


I doubt soper would write an article that couldn’t be fact checked - this guy has been around for years and I think your attempt to undermine him is a bit ridiculous

And this is a hell of a lot more than ‘professionalism” - if this is correct mallard could be sued for defamation -then ..hopefully ..Arden would have the backbone to sack the guy

Mallard is a moron which ever way you look at it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3516
I wouldn’t put it past any journalist to write something that couldn’t be fact checked. It’s what they do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 2:38 am
Posts: 2313
Location: NZ
brat wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
booji boy wrote:
True Blue wrote:
Dark wrote:



How does this shithead still have a job? That is outrageous, he should be fired for that (Mallard that is)


But but but Guy Smiley has already dealt with this ... the article is written by Barry Soper therefore is to be dismissed as mischievous scuttlebutt. Unless of course Soper is your dad.


I question the factual accuracy of anything Soper writes... the article linked didn't present any facts, only suggestions by Soper regarding what we should regard as truth.

EDIT...

how do we know the guy in the story is the person Mallard referred to? There's the suggestion it's him because he was stood down... if his story is true and he is the person in question then it throws a high profile investigation's integrity into serious question. Are we to believe the investigation was really that flimsy that apparently anecdotal evidence was sufficient? I just find it implausible... if it's true then there's a wider issue to consider than just the Speaker's professionalism.


I doubt soper would write an article that couldn’t be fact checked - this guy has been around for years and I think your attempt to undermine him is a bit ridiculous

And this is a hell of a lot more than ‘professionalism” - if this is correct mallard could be sued for defamation -then ..hopefully ..Arden would have the backbone to sack the guy

Mallard is a moron which ever way you look at it


I agree, but what ever happens if he does get sued for defamation and loses as he undoubtedly will, we will be the ones as tax payers paying for whatever the outcome is.

I'm actually not sure Ardern can sack a speaker.

As much as it is a bit of a joke in his case, he got nominated and voted in by the entire parliament as neutral and is pretty much bullet proof.

Parliamentary services aren't even subject to the OIA.

We will just end up paying for the crap that happens and knowing him he will dig his toes in till the next election when he probably was going to turf it in anyway


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20074 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 502  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, BBB, Bing [Bot], Catman, clementinfrance, de_Selby, Dryden, Frank S, Google [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, Leinsterman, Lemoentjie, Masterji, mr bungle, Nieghorn, Old Man by the Sea, pigaaaa, P in VG, PornDog, saffer13, Sandstorm, sewa, UEARFC, Whatever and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group