Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 405  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 pm 

Auckman wrote:
If it was up to me, I would've put an extra $5 billion into Education and $5 billion into Health and an extra $3 billion into Housing. Most of the problems solved there.

I think the problem with the housing is always going to be the red tape, Which Robertson is finally realising now

You can throw billions at it, but you are still looking at years for a big build and millions in costs just getting the sign off through to start.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 pm 

Thai guy wrote:
Absolutely savage takedown of Nathan Guy here.

Quote:
Back in 2017 Guy dithered when the disease was found in a farm owned by rich-listers. I suspect it was all kept secret and quick and decisive action held up while compensation was being negotiated. It is interesting to see how compensation seems to be the only issue over the Mycoplasma bovis outbreak that has taxed the mind of Guy last year when he was minister, and now in Opposition.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2018/05/mitch-mccann-a-tale-of-two-portfolios.html

As always, Guy and his mates in the National party look out, and cover up, for rich listers. Everyone else pays.

Just how much damage did the John Key government do? I think we are only just beginning to find out…

Guy is one of the dumbest and most compliant stooges in parliament.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:35 am 

eugenius wrote:
Thai guy wrote:
Absolutely savage takedown of Nathan Guy here.

Quote:
Back in 2017 Guy dithered when the disease was found in a farm owned by rich-listers. I suspect it was all kept secret and quick and decisive action held up while compensation was being negotiated. It is interesting to see how compensation seems to be the only issue over the Mycoplasma bovis outbreak that has taxed the mind of Guy last year when he was minister, and now in Opposition.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2018/05/mitch-mccann-a-tale-of-two-portfolios.html

As always, Guy and his mates in the National party look out, and cover up, for rich listers. Everyone else pays.

Just how much damage did the John Key government do? I think we are only just beginning to find out…

Guy is one of the dumbest and most compliant stooges in parliament.

Interesting quote that

Either Thai guy is someone called "Muttonbird" on the Standard or he likes to steal other peoples comments

https://thestandard.org.nz/open-mike-18 ... /#comments

Look at comment 2.2

Or some bloke called Muttonbird likes to steal Thai guys posts

Last edited by Dark on Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:38 am 

Better late than never Dark :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:59 am 

The penny has finally dropped for Dark :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:26 am 

Einhorn is Finkle :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:23 am 

Where's Muttonbird's sparring partner harvey wilson when you need him?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:33 am 

Or he's an AI bot spraying predictable shite on dozens of sites.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Grant and Jacinda for a completely down-the-line budget. Surpluses locked in, continuation of the last 18 years or centrist policy locked in. Everything else is in the margins. If they turn out also to be competent then NZ will be onto some sort of world record for high quality stable centrist government.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:05 am 

TheDocForgotHisLogon wrote:
Or he's an AI bot spraying predictable shite on dozens of sites.

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Grant and Jacinda for a completely down-the-line budget. Surpluses locked in, continuation of the last 18 years or centrist policy locked in. Everything else is in the margins. If they turn out also to be competent then NZ will be onto some sort of world record for high quality stable centrist government.

Indeed

I've never seen so many "CRISES!!!" Disappear so fast

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:38 am 

I see Phil Twyford is out making friends and influencing people again... erm

Twyford slams 'kids at Treasury'

He must be the most unlikeable of the current Cabinet surely, and Cabinet has Shane Jones in it!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:40 am 

deadduck wrote:

He must be the most unlikeable of the current Cabinet surely, and Cabinet has Shane Jones in it!

I hate that shit, attacking your departments when their assessment doesn’t suit your narrative. Key did it too for memory, or was it Joyce?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:15 am 

deadduck wrote:

He has always had that leering, talking two inches away from womens face thing going on.

In some people it makes them look tough if it's a bloke. He just looks like an arsehole

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:23 am 

booji boy wrote:
Where's Muttonbird's sparring partner harvey wilson when you need him?

A double count out

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:33 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
deadduck wrote:

I hate that shit, attacking your departments when their assessment doesn’t suit your narrative. Key did it too for memory, or was it Joyce?

Joyce I think (iirc) although perhaps on Key's instructions.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 am 

Dark wrote:
deadduck wrote:

He has always had that leering, talking two inches away from womens face thing going on.

In some people it makes them look tough if it's a bloke. He just looks like an arsehole

Politicians come and go, the civil service is eternal.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:28 am 

This is the one I’m thinking of. It’s Key. Basically just proves they’re all as bad as each other.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/key-treas ... nse-197203

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
This is the one I’m thinking of. It’s Key. Basically just proves they’re all as bad as each other.

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/key-treas ... nse-197203
:lol: Their golden boy did exactly the same thing 18 months ago. Didn't hear them complain about it then!

Here he is again blaming a MFAT official personally in the media for the Malaysian diplomat bungle.

Quote:
‘‘If that person doesn’t have clarity about that position then they need to think very strongly about whether they’re in the right job,’’ Key said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic ... mat-bungle

In the words of deadduck and Dark, "unlikable" and "an arsehole".

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am 

Auckman wrote:
The penny has finally dropped for Dark :lol:

Yep. Sharp as a bowling ball, that fulla.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Joyce I think (iirc) although perhaps on Key's instructions.

:lol:

To be fair Treasury is full of very clever kids. And wasn't it Cullen that described some advice of theirs as an 'intellectual fart'?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 am 

A 3rd term Prime Minister can get away with that kind of nonsense. Twyford has been in the job 6 months . Everything I've seen of him oozes of smarminess

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am 

Dark wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Quote:
It's all well and good for Robertson to crow about surpluses but that's basically admitting that the tax take is too high. Give it back Grant

I’ve got a startling new idea, how about spend it on social services and society ?

I realise that it might not excite as a few more bucks in your pocket DD , but I’m sure you’ll survive the trauma.

🙄

I think there is a middle ground here. DD does have a point that the tax brackets could move up. Conversely, yep, let's see what needs fixing, and more importantly how well the fixes work, before happily declaring the government's so rich it doesn't need as much income. It won't hurt that the tax brackets stay in place for a couple more years and the government looks to make ground in areas that they felt were neglected under National... after all that's what they are in for.

Curiously though there was a key fund manager thinking Labour might run a deficit. Not sure how this working in terms of expectations of the NZ$ which has been steadily dropping again.

Lol

Um no

They are in because Winston decided he wanted them in

The same as if he had picked National

Trying to make out it was some sort of call from the people for a tide of change is pushing it.

God these uber-partisan plum are boring :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:40 am 

Key set a new standard for smarminess. One unlikely to be challenged for some time.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:42 am 

Dark wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Quote:
It's all well and good for Robertson to crow about surpluses but that's basically admitting that the tax take is too high. Give it back Grant

I’ve got a startling new idea, how about spend it on social services and society ?

I realise that it might not excite as a few more bucks in your pocket DD , but I’m sure you’ll survive the trauma.

🙄

I think there is a middle ground here. DD does have a point that the tax brackets could move up. Conversely, yep, let's see what needs fixing, and more importantly how well the fixes work, before happily declaring the government's so rich it doesn't need as much income. It won't hurt that the tax brackets stay in place for a couple more years and the government looks to make ground in areas that they felt were neglected under National... after all that's what they are in for.

Curiously though there was a key fund manager thinking Labour might run a deficit. Not sure how this working in terms of expectations of the NZ$ which has been steadily dropping again.

Lol

Um no

Trying to make out it was some sort of call from the people for a tide of change is pushing it.
Some are still not quite over the election result. Remember, everyone who voted NZF voted for change. It was central to their campaign.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:43 am 

:lol: If you say so. He was also one of if not our most popular prime ministers ever. Twyford could learn a lot from him

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am 

It was worse for key to do it as his words carried more weight. He was pm, popular and trusted by the public. He was in a far better position to discredit the public sector.

Not an argument I want to have though. As I said, hate it when anyone does it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:00 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
deadduck wrote:
A 3rd term Prime Minister can get away with that kind of nonsense. Twyford has been in the job 6 months . Everything I've seen of him oozes of smarminess

But fucking Key was the biggest, smarmiest cunt in Parliament from Day 1. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:01 am 

That's poor from Twyford. I will have to ask our baby-faced Treasury Vote Analyst what they made of it when I next see them. It would be pretty funny down the line if the Treasury figures turn out to be correct though.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am 

JB1981 wrote:
That's poor from Twyford. I will have to ask our baby-faced Treasury Vote Analyst what they made of it when I next see them. It would be pretty funny down the line if the Treasury figures turn out to be correct though.

All the vote analysts are babies aren’t they? I noticed that.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:08 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
JB1981 wrote:

All the vote analysts are babies aren’t they? I noticed that.

They seem to be. Our last one moved on when he became old enough to shave and they rolled another wee fella out.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:17 am 

JB1981 wrote:
They'd halved their numbers since December. Not sure what's changed since then but they don't help their credibility by publishing such a huge variance in figures within months.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am 

Maybe it was another Treasury coding error ....

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/102300581/treasurys-coding-error-shows-fewer-children-lifted-out-of-poverty-than-originally-expected

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am 

Thai guy wrote:
JB1981 wrote:
They'd halved their numbers since December. Not sure what's changed since then but they don't help their credibility by publishing such a huge variance in figures within months.

If you're going to have a go at the forecast, at least have the decency to find out why they think the numbers have halved. It's a big difference, I'm sure they've listed a reason (or three).

Twyford would do well to remember that their entire spending plan is based on the Treasury's forecasts. Not a good look to imply you don't rate them. What idiot spends money based on a data they don't trust?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am 

I have no idea why the Treasury forecast has halved in 5 months. It's not my game. As a layman though it seems weird they can change their mind on something so quickly.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:02 am 

Dark wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Quote:

🙄

Lol

Um no

Just a little thinking reveals that -

Few that voted for NZfirst did so out of a love for the status quo .

Indeed Winston was rabidly critical of the National government ideologically and often very personally .

Certainly even less of a fraction of Labour and Green voters didn’t vote for change.

There’s your vote .

Cry me a river .

Last edited by eugenius on Fri May 18, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:46 am 

deadduck wrote:

No.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:10 pm 

Thai guy wrote:
I have no idea why the Treasury forecast has halved in 5 months. It's not my game. As a layman though it seems weird they can change their mind on something so quickly.

Look it up ffs

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 pm 

eugenius wrote:
Dark wrote:
Flockwitt wrote:
eugenius wrote:
Quote:

🙄

Lol

Um no

Just a little thinking reveals that -

Few that voted for NZfirst did so out of a love for the status quo .

Indeed Winston was rabidly critical of the National government ideologically and often very personally .

Certainly even less of a fraction of Labour and Green voters didn’t vote for change.

There’s your vote .

Cry me a river .

If you are so insecure about the current govt someone simply stating fact gets you all defensive I suggest you should harden tfu

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 pm 

Dark wrote:

If you are so insecure about the current govt someone simply stating fact gets you all defensive I suggest you should harden tfu

It comes down to interpretation. The two key facts are this:

1. National won more votes than any other single party
2. More people did not vote for National, than people who did vote for National.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:12 am 

More importantly I think, more people voted for opposition parties than those that had formed the previous government.

It was hardly overwhelming though, and it rarely is. Does anyone know the largest majority in government since MMP began? I expect its tiny.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:30 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
More importantly I think, more people voted for opposition parties than those that had formed the previous government.

It was hardly overwhelming though, and it rarely is. Does anyone know the largest majority in government since MMP began? I expect its tiny.

More importantly, how long will the combined bleating from people like Dark go on for and how can we harness that energy for the national grid?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381, 382 ... 405  Next