Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396 ... 415  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:38 am 

I want to know if she's been turfed out of hospital yet like every other mother in the public health system, or if she's getting special treatment due to her status? That would be highly inappropriate and scandalous.

Did she share a ward?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:50 am 

deadduck wrote:
Kahu wrote:
Key claiming National would repeal WFF was pretty much a vote winner for mine. The lying plum.

That would have been a fantastic first term objective, right in the middle of the GFC. Would have been really popular I bet, not politically suicidal at all.

You say that like it's a fact :roll: but I guess it's the same for whoever is in power that it doesn't matter what you do with power so long as you have it

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:51 am 

deadduck wrote:
I want to know if she's been turfed out of hospital yet like every other mother in the public health system, or if she's getting special treatment due to her status? That would be highly inappropriate and scandalous.

Did she share a ward?

They usually go to birthcare for a couple of days after hospital. However, I heard on the news the PM will be going straight home. Birthcare is a really great thing about the NZ Health System. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:04 am 

This thread has been amusing over the last 24 hours......a baby is born and all the grumpy old men turn up......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:06 am 

deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

She’d be fine at Hutt hospital, they don’t turf you out within 24 hours there :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:07 am 

I also see labour scrapped the public sector fte cap. Thank God for that!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:17 am 

deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

They say she had 3 parliamentary protection squad dudes outside her room while giving birth which is kind of understandable and is staying for at least another night

It's this whole calling them "The first family" which is weird.

When did we turn Yank?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 am 

deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

Is that common? My wife got her own room at Kenepuru and was there for a couple of days without her having experienced any major birth issues. She did get turfed out of Wellington hospital, but they got her a room elsewhere. Seems new mothers are looked after a bit better than you think?

I see Wilderbeast talks about the same treatment at Hutt Hospital. However, that's probably as you've contracted pneumonia/tuberculosis during the birth and they have to keep you in. Absolute shit heap that place.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:40 am 

Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left
Dark wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

They say she had 3 parliamentary protection squad dudes outside her room while giving birth which is kind of understandable and is staying for at least another night

When did we turn Yank?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Holy shit - top level research here folks. Someone on the internet told me.

Fuck me gently Dork and Deadduck - grow up a tad - like 20 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 am 

Wilderbeast wrote:
Sonny Blount wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Wilderbeast wrote:
booji boy wrote:
I buy goods overseas all the time from UK and US based sites. No way they are going to collect and pay 15% GST on behalf of Jacinda and her band of merry tax collectors. WTF should they? They are operating in their own tax jurisdiction and meeting their tax obligations there. Why the fudge would they want the admin hassle and compliance costs of collecting and then paying 15% GST to the NZ Govt. Labour trumpeted this as some sort of win because they thought they could get the big players like Amazon to come to the party. But smaller dealerships like the ones I deal with definitely won't. And now even Amazon have given NZ the two fingered salute. Welcome to the real world Jacinda. :lol:

Don’t let your anti-labour bias blind you. National will want to tax these companies as much as labour and its considered an international problem. You’d be hard pressed to find any political party anywhere supporting it (outside of where company recognised its revenue). It’s tax avoidance of the worst kind. Are you seriously advocating for that?

Australia doing similar things and fighting the same battle from the opposite side of the political fence...

https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 4ziuf.html

I love Amazon because they put customer value first, second, and third.

Too bad for governments trying to use them to collect revenue from their populace.

They put profit first, and tax minimisation plays a large role in this.

Have to laugh that all the above criticism of the idea could be wrong. Supreme Court in the USA has just ruled in State Governments favour over collecting of sales tax from out-of-state sales. Seems it is going to have to be possible and Amazon are going to have to suck it up or close.

Pity eh? Not

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:50 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Dark wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

When did we turn Yank?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Holy shit - top level research here folks. Someone on the internet told me.

Fuck me gently Dork and Deadduck - grow up a tad - like 20 years.

Fair call Mr uber sensitive defensive one.

Radio live news yesterday

What is with you?

Have you gone full Couvade syndrome on the PM

I even said it was understandable

Take a fricken emotional chill pill

Last edited by Dark on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:51 am 

Poor Dork - Jacinda had a baby and he's all upset about it. They say (sic) that is very immature. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:59 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Poor Dork - Jacinda had a baby and he's all upset about it. They say (sic) that is very immature. :P

I'm not the one weirdly putting words in people's mouths

While I don't care for Arderns politics I'm happy for them.

I missed the country wide rule that we can't comment on the media's reaction to things without twats like you taking it as dissing the baby.

Grow a pair.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 am 

It's kinda difficult to look at someone calling someone else Dork while telling him to grow up.

Also, as the leader of a government I'd be pretty disappointed if the PM wasn't getting protection and a private room. Trying to score a political point over that is just weird.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:06 am 

deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

You think she would have had a whole Ward for herself?

You know, she'd probably get her own room, but then again I suggest any PM of NZ (whatever their ideology - since your comments seem to coming from the ideology within your bones) would get their own room if they were using hospital services.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:20 am 

Again from what I heard on the radio yesterday all the rooms are single normally any way.

It's a pretty pointless exercise trying to judge special treatment.

She is the PM with shed loads of media outside. Of course she will have a bit away from windows in a private corner or whatever when she was moved

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:33 am 

deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

Ward 4.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

Ward 4.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:49 am 

guy smiley wrote:
It's kinda difficult to look at someone calling someone else Dork while telling him to grow up.

Also, as the leader of a government I'd be pretty disappointed if the PM wasn't getting protection and a private room. Trying to score a political point over that is just weird.

She's staying put in the main hospital as they've already set up all the security arrangements there and moving to another care site (as would normally happen) would be a lot of extra work according to three news tonight. Seems a sensible approach to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:52 am 

Time to write an angry letter to the paper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:56 am 

Dark wrote:
Finally she delivers something she promised

This deserved more credit than it got...I thought funny👍

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 am 

Hey.. you ChCh based beer lovers, allow me to do youse a favour

Three Boys Brewery have limited stocks of their Imperial Oyster Stout 12% available now. Pomeroy's have it in stock.

It won't last long. Get in now and thank me later :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:02 am 

guy smiley wrote:

Three Boys Brewery have limited stocks of their Imperial Oyster Stout 12% available now. Pomeroy's have it in stock.

That's even more dangerous than murder of crows!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 am 

Fat Old Git wrote:
guy smiley wrote:

That's even more dangerous than murder of crows!

Get in there... send me some tasting notes! SFBB and I have approached a local Russian Imperial a number of times and it's...

it's amazing. Like skiing downhill with no poles. You can't help but go for it knowing how stupid it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 am 

I will be blaming my hangover on you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:35 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

Ward 4.

Joseph Ward.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:02 am 

JB1981 wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

Ward 4.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:05 am 

guy smiley wrote:
booji boy wrote:
guy smiley wrote:
Dark wrote:
OMG

Just had a look at the Standard

They are calling the baby the "Prime Miniature"

:lol: :lol:

That's not bad.

Some of you are just gonna have to suck this up. For a start, we know our home media tend to be parochial and down home at best and in conjunction with that, this is the first governing leader to give birth in office for nearly 30 years (I think, without a google) so they're going to fuss over it.

Nothing to do but try to let it blow past. Find your centre. Absorb your Great Inner Peace. Be the thing you always wanted.

Go bush.

Yeah the question is how long will it go on for? Some are comparing it to a royal baby ffs. A royal baby is a royal for life. If Jacinda is prime minister for 3 terms does this little kid get fawned over until she's 8? What if Jacinda gets rolled in 2020, do we forget about the little 2 year old?

Yeah, basically.

C'mon, the baby is newborn. It'll go on all weekend and then the news cycle will take over and there will be regular progress updates as that f**king idiot from Newshub (Paddy, just remembered the f**king rodent faced pole smoker's name) goes through the household bins and comes up trumps with the first official dirty nappy.

It'll die down apart from the Womens' mags and I can't speak for every red blooded male in here but that won't concern me. I'd keep an eye on Seneca though, he thinks she's Mandela.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am 

Enzedder wrote:
Have to laugh that all the above criticism of the idea could be wrong. Supreme Court in the USA has just ruled in State Governments favour over collecting of sales tax from out-of-state sales. Seems it is going to have to be possible and Amazon are going to have to suck it up or close.

Pity eh? Not
It doesn’t really affect Amazon, they already have a physical presence (the test beforehand it was modernized yesterday by SCOTUS) in most states and are already collecting and paying state sales taxes. It may actually be a good thing for them as smaller online retailers may lack the resources to manage the challenge of 50 different state systems, unlike Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:31 pm 

Mr Mike wrote:
Enzedder wrote:

Pity eh? Not
It doesn’t really affect Amazon, they already have a physical presence (the test beforehand it was modernized yesterday by SCOTUS) in most states and are already collecting and paying state sales taxes. It may actually be a good thing for them as smaller online retailers may lack the resources to manage the challenge of 50 different state systems, unlike Amazon.

That's how regulation works, for the interests of big companies and against those of small companies.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:28 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Some of you are just gonna have to suck this up.

Nothing to do but try to let it blow past. Find your centre. Absorb your Great Inner Peace. Be the thing you always wanted.

Go bush.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:43 am 

Jay Cee Gee wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

Ward 4.

I hope not Bill....

Shit!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:58 am 

RuggaBugga wrote:
Jay Cee Gee wrote:
deadduck wrote:

Did she share a ward?

Ward 4.

I hope not Bill....

Shit!

:D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:42 am 

It's only been a week and Winston is already taking the piss

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/2018/06/where-s-winnie-acting-prime-minister-a-no-show-on-the-am-show.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:47 am 

Dark wrote:

no show without Punch.........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:37 am 

This was inevitable:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12084381

No way the NZ left was going to allow this to go ahead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:47 am 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
This was inevitable:

I thought about starting a thread on this. On the rise of the extreme right in Canada with Peterson, and this showy bitch and her friend Molineux.

Don't need to now, you did it. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:52 am 

Thai guy wrote:
Seneca of the Night wrote:
This was inevitable:

I thought about starting a thread on this. On the rise of the extreme right in Canada with Peterson, and this showy bitch and her friend Molineux.

Don't need to now, you did it. :lol:

Theres more in Canada too. Its an interesting little phenomenon. Proximity to the US and their own extreme home grown pc culture has produced a fertile reaction. Interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:03 pm 

I predicted a month ago this wouldn't go ahead:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47826&p=5554866&hilit=Lauren+southern#p5554866

Far too good a opportunity for NZs powerful cadre of leftists to not demonstrate their muscle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:26 pm 

They have shown their muscle but having been barred from Britain she fails the good character requirements for entry into NZ and is not eligible for a visa here without going to the Minister of Immigration, apparently.

APA rightly and responsibly notified everyone what they intended to do should these two scumbags be given a platform for far right white supremacist campaigning in NZ. Auckland Council decided they didn't want their venue used as this platform and they were mindful of the inherent security concerns.

Here she is in MAGA type pose (even though she's Canadian) with two guns probably banned in NZ.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396 ... 415  Next