Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514  Next
 Post subject: Re: NZ Politics Thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:43 am 

sonic_attack wrote:
Tizzard? I liked her. I remember her turning up on stage at a Herbs concert at Aotea Square, and others, quite drunk, very proper but quite a real person, very down to earth.

She was fantastic , best GG ever .Presented her with a particularly fine looking sailor wearing not much and a collar and leash for her last night ....not so pc now . She invited us down to Government house for a few bevvys .... great lady .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:53 am 

Kahu wrote:
I have no qualms about Jacinda not being in the country but I am absolutely miffed why we don't just give Tokelau a vote and fully annex them

Ain't going to happen

Her dad would lose his job running it and she couldn't get the navy to take her there for birthday parties

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:56 am 

I see Jacinda has put us on the list of places she is visiting tomorrow.

Little old NZ

Anyone else excited?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:24 am 

Dark wrote:
I see Jacinda has put us on the list of places she is visiting tomorrow.

Little old NZ

Anyone else excited?

No one cares bro.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:37 am 

Hareaway wrote:
Can i just quietly say ...Hipkins you are a shit cvnt of the highest order , you gutless little sponge , a f**king useless cretin , a fuckstain . A pathetic gormless money waster .... fvck you ,carry on your Stalinist crusade you f**king imbecile .
Oh and have a nice day ...... cvnt

Is this post in relation to the merging of all the polytechnics in the country?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:00 pm 

This is awesome.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -developer

All that effort with macrons and italics and they add a plural s in the title. :lol:

Some amusing sections.

Quote:
Further talks with government ministers are planned, a move activists applaud as “heartening”. But there is only one name on the lips of the protesters each day; one smiling face they want to see squelching through the mud: Jacinda.

“Will we get Jacinda, is Jacinda coming?’ asks an old Māori man, his skin etched with blue tribal tattoos.

“Not yet,” the organiser replies. “But we remain hopeful.”

The literally sainted Jacinda. I imagine that she will be as good at fixing this as she has been at fixing other stuff.

Then there's this kind of thinking that gets to the heart of things and the problem of choosing culture over, well, life.

Quote:
“Maori has lost a lot of their land already, so getting more taken off us, it feels like it’s tearing Māori apart, and breaking our culture down,” says Popata, neatly dressed in her school uniform, her hair braided, her eyes moist with emotion.

“To us, this land has a deeper meaning. When people build on top of our land, you feel that disrespect. It just doesn’t feel right.”

Here's the problem with some of these ways of thinking: if you sacralise the land too much then you can't do anything with it. I've seen it time and time again. Be practical with the culture. Let that that can't be used for anything else be sacred. There is a time and a place for that. Use the good stuff for the good stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:22 pm 

Young women all over the world are infected with Jacindamania at the moment, and there are Joan of Arc LARPers popping up faster than the media can cover them. This trend has a fair way to run yet, as the various waves of post-modern feminism continue to flow through western education systems, and young girls are pumped full of grandiose ideas. This quote from an article on Pania Newton had me wondering though:

Quote:
SOUL rejects the path of compromise taken by Te Warena Taua and the iwi body, arguing that any development will destroy the land's special character, and its tapu status. This was the first area of human settlement in Aotearoa — the place where Polynesians became Māori, says Pania.

Two statements in bold. Really? Is there a source for this?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:53 pm 

Seneca of the Night wrote:
Young women all over the world are infected with Jacindamania at the moment, and there are Joan of Arc LARPers popping up faster than the media can cover them. This trend has a fair way to run yet, as the various waves of post-modern feminism continue to flow through western education systems, and young girls are pumped full of grandiose ideas. This quote from an article on Pania Newton had me wondering though:

Quote:
SOUL rejects the path of compromise taken by Te Warena Taua and the iwi body, arguing that any development will destroy the land's special character, and its tapu status. This was the first area of human settlement in Aotearoa — the place where Polynesians became Māori, says Pania.

Two statements in bold. Really? Is there a source for this?

Yeah I had great thatbone a few days ago. I don't know the provenance. I've never heard the claim before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:19 pm 

Young women all over the world are infected with Jacindamania at the moment, and there are Joan of Arc LARPers popping up faster than the media can cover them. This trend has a fair way to run yet, as the various waves of post-modern feminism continue to flow through western education systems, and young girls are pumped full of grandiose ideas.

It's called ambition bro. Leave them to it. They're not taking anything away from you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:30 pm 

Tehui wrote:
Young women all over the world are infected with Jacindamania at the moment, and there are Joan of Arc LARPers popping up faster than the media can cover them. This trend has a fair way to run yet, as the various waves of post-modern feminism continue to flow through western education systems, and young girls are pumped full of grandiose ideas.

It's called ambition bro. Leave them to it. They're not taking anything away from you.

You say some really dumb things at times.

EDIT: You know what, I will rescind that comment. It was unnecessary. However I do find it frustrating that a go-to response from some of you guys is often along the lines of 'nothing really matters, and it's really uncool to think anything does.' It's hard to think of anything that has more of an impact on the lives of ordinary people than misplaced soaring ambition. That's one thing history tells us.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:32 pm 

Tehui wrote:

EDIT: You know what, I will rescind that comment. It was unnecessary. However I do find it frustrating that a go-to response from some of you guys is often along the lines of 'nothing really matters, and it's really uncool to think anything does.' It's hard to think of anything that has more of an impact on the lives of ordinary people than misplaced soaring ambition. That's one thing history tells us.

Coming to you live from the depths of some leather clad cloister where uppity normal people have no right to aspiration, let alone the scandal of equality.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:55 pm 

Tehui wrote:

Really? Interesting. Please tell us more?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:04 am 

booji boy wrote:
Tehui wrote:

Hitler, Stalin?, now possibly trump

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:10 am 

guy smiley wrote:
Tehui wrote:

Coming to you live from the depths of some leather clad cloister where uppity normal people have no right to aspiration, let alone the scandal of equality.

Why is this cloister leather clad?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:35 am 

You’re the Garfield of Chesterfields, Sen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:01 am 

Labour shit themselves, after the Nat's cancer announcement and actually do something, how ever not what they promised.

Pretty funny

One of those things that really annoy me, cancer policy. If there was one thing you would think should be bi-partisan and just get together and formulate an agreed plan rather than playing politics, you would think cancer would be sitting at the toppish.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12255486

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:59 am 

Hareaway wrote:
sonic_attack wrote:
Tizzard? I liked her. I remember her turning up on stage at a Herbs concert at Aotea Square, and others, quite drunk, very proper but quite a real person, very down to earth.

She was fantastic , best GG ever .Presented her with a particularly fine looking sailor wearing not much and a collar and leash for her last night ....not so pc now . She invited us down to Government house for a few bevvys .... great lady .

She was the worst one we've had. A crass rude woman exemplifying that sort of provincial ignorant arrogance NZs left wing elites exhibit. Paul Theroux's take down of her was the grumpy arsehole at his best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:56 pm 

lay off the Vietnamese Sativa g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:35 am 

Hareaway wrote:
sonic_attack wrote:

She was the worst one we've had.

Too much ambition and too many grandiose ideas, I assume?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:37 am 

brat wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Tehui wrote:

WTF? By 'misplaced soaring ambition' I assumed Seneca was talking about people that get filled with grandiose ideas and delusions of grandeur that they will never be able to fulfill and you come up with two of the 20th century's most powerful dictators and a billionaire businessman who's also president of the United States. WTAF has that got to do with Jacindamania?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 am 

Meanwhile our global leader and beacon of "kindness" is still having staff abused in her office.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics ... affer.html

Quote:
Exclusive: Labour forced to review investigation into bullying, sexual assault allegations against staffer

Newshub can reveal the Labour Party has been forced to review an internal investigation into bullying, sexual harassment and sexual assault by a Labour staffer.

It follows complaints the investigation process was botched and traumatising for the alleged victims. At least four people have resigned from official party roles and cancelled their membership as a result.

The complainants say the party's done nothing to improve its processes since the sexual harassment allegations at last year's Young Labour summer camp.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is aware of the allegations. Finance Minister Grant Robertson also knows some details, so do two other Labour MPs.

Following the Young Labour summer camp allegations in 2018 of sexual assault, underage drinking, bullying and harassment, Labour Seven party members and officials laid complaints this year accusing a senior Labour staffer of unacceptable behaviour ranging from bullying and intimidation to sexual harassment and sexual assault.it would do better.

The Prime Minister said in August last year, "We need to do things differently".

An inquiry by lawyer Maria Austen recommended sweeping changes including to the party's bullying, sexual harassment and assault policies.

But Newshub has spoken to five people who say nothing has changed since then.

When asked if the Prime Minister has lived up to her promise, one of the complainants said: "Not at all."

Their complaints were investigated in March and no disciplinary action was taken. The man's lawyer says the allegations were untrue.

But after concerns were raised about the investigation, the party is now reviewing its processes - but not the outcome.

One of the complainants told Newshub they were "disappointed" with the Labour Party since "no action" had been taken.

"I'm really just disappointed that even though they were aware, there was no action taken, and it seems like this is happening over and we're going through the trauma of it again."

The complainant added: "I really don't have much faith that the party will do something."

Complainants have spoken of panic attacks, vomiting and having to take days off work because they were so scared of the staffer.

At least four people have resigned from official party roles and cancelled their Labour membership.

"We consider these people our family, our whānau, and it's really disappointing to see how we've been treated," the complainant said.

"You would hope that your family would look out for you and I've really been let down by it."

As far back as August 2018, Labour Party president Nigel Haworth was informed the staffer told a woman she was elected within the party because she "would be nice to sleep with".

He was also told a senior ministerial staffer had warned an alleged victim that if she told anyone about the staffer's behaviour she would be shut-down.

"It's really disappointing to see the Prime Minister's Office standing by," the complainant said. "They all knew and nothing's happening."

Newshub can reveal the Labour Party has been forced to review an internal investigation into bullying, sexual harassment and sexual assault by a Labour staffer.

It follows complaints the investigation process was botched and traumatising for the alleged victims. At least four people have resigned from official party roles and cancelled their membership as a result.

Seven party members and officials laid complaints this year accusing a senior Labour staffer of unacceptable behaviour ranging from bullying and intimidation to sexual harassment and sexual assault.

Their complaints were investigated in March and no disciplinary action was taken. The man's lawyer says the allegations were untrue.

But after concerns were raised about the investigation, the party is now reviewing its processes - but not the outcome.

One of the complainants told Newshub they were "disappointed" with the Labour Party since "no action" had been taken.

"I'm really just disappointed that even though they were aware, there was no action taken, and it seems like this is happening over and we're going through the trauma of it again."

The complainant added: "I really don't have much faith that the party will do something."

Complainants have spoken of panic attacks, vomiting and having to take days off work because they were so scared of the staffer.

At least four people have resigned from official party roles and cancelled their Labour membership.

"We consider these people our family, our whānau, and it's really disappointing to see how we've been treated," the complainant said.

"You would hope that your family would look out for you and I've really been let down by it."

As far back as August 2018, Labour Party president Nigel Haworth was informed the staffer told a woman she was elected within the party because she "would be nice to sleep with".

He was also told a senior ministerial staffer had warned an alleged victim that if she told anyone about the staffer's behaviour she would be shut-down.

"It's really disappointing to see the Prime Minister's Office standing by," the complainant said. "They all knew and nothing's happening."

Interviews took place on 9 March and the investigation wrapped up on 21 May. In June, the complainants say they were called about the outcome.

It wasn't until July 5 when the party president emailed complainants explaining that no action would be taken and that "there is no appeal process".

Leaked party emails show the alleged victims felt "left in the dark" from between the interviews and the conclusion.

"We've just lost hope," the complainant said.

Newshub has been investigating this story for nearly a month. The list of complaints about the party's process include:

-a lack of communication
    -complainants weren't shown transcripts of their testimonies to check for accuracy before they went to the alleged perpetrator, outing their names to him
    -the length of time to reply to complainants was "unacceptable", in some cases they got no response
    -concerns the internal party process could mean undue influence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:43 am 

Dark wrote:
Meanwhile our global leader and beacon of "kindness" is still having staff abused in her office.

Quote:
Exclusive: Labour forced to review investigation into bullying, sexual assault allegations against staffer

The complainants say the party's done nothing to improve its processes since the sexual harassment allegations at last year's Young Labour summer camp.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is aware of the allegations. Finance Minister Grant Robertson also knows some details, so do two other Labour MPs.

Following the Young Labour summer camp allegations in 2018 of sexual assault, underage drinking, bullying and harassment, Labour Seven party members and officials laid complaints this year accusing a senior Labour staffer of unacceptable behaviour ranging from bullying and intimidation to sexual harassment and sexual assault.it would do better.

The Prime Minister said in August last year, "We need to do things differently".

An inquiry by lawyer Maria Austen recommended sweeping changes including to the party's bullying, sexual harassment and assault policies.

When asked if the Prime Minister has lived up to her promise, one of the complainants said: "Not at all."

Seven party members and officials laid complaints this year accusing a senior Labour staffer of unacceptable behaviour ranging from bullying and intimidation to sexual harassment and sexual assault.

Interviews took place on 9 March and the investigation wrapped up on 21 May. In June, the complainants say they were called about the outcome.

It wasn't until July 5 when the party president emailed complainants explaining that no action would be taken and that "there is no appeal process".

Leaked party emails show the alleged victims felt "left in the dark" from between the interviews and the conclusion.

Newshub has been investigating this story for nearly a month. The list of complaints about the party's process include:

-a lack of communication
    -complainants weren't shown transcripts of their testimonies to check for accuracy before they went to the alleged perpetrator, outing their names to him
    -the length of time to reply to complainants was "unacceptable", in some cases they got no response

:shock:
Apalling , has Jamie Lee been asked to comment?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 am 

@boojiboy

Because that statement can be taken in more than one way - especially if you don’t read the first post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:17 am 

grouch wrote:
Dark wrote:

Quote:

-a lack of communication

Yes

He said "wibble" and put pencils up his nose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:29 am 

booji boy wrote:

WTF? By 'misplaced soaring ambition' I assumed Seneca was talking about people that get filled with grandiose ideas and delusions of grandeur that they will never be able to fulfill and you come up with two of the 20th century's most powerful dictators and a billionaire businessman who's also president of the United States. WTAF has that got to do with Jacindamania?

Elizabeth Holmes is perhaps a more relevant example

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:32 am 

deadduck wrote:
booji boy wrote:

“The Dropout” is a good listen if anyone has an interest in Holmes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:38 pm 

Piggymana upping the ante tonight at Ihumātao. Funny how they can send a hundred officers to a peaceful protest but early hours of Sunday morning when my dickhead neighbour is bashing his Mrs they're understaffed and say to lay a complaint in the morning and to call back if the violence escalates

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:22 pm 

deadduck wrote:
booji boy wrote:

But examples like her are surely rare. It takes a rare and exceptional talent to dupe normally circumspect investors out of billions of dollars. Perhaps it was just the smile, blonde hair and blue eyes that duped those dirty old white men into backing her? We can all be taken in like that to a certain extent I guess but the deep, put on voice would have been a deal killer for me. :thumbdown: x(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:58 pm 

Dark wrote:
grouch wrote:
Dark wrote:

Quote:

-a lack of communication

Yes

He said "wibble" and put pencils up his nose

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:08 pm 

Kahu wrote:
Piggymana upping the ante tonight at Ihumātao. Funny how they can send a hundred officers to a peaceful protest but early hours of Sunday morning when my dickhead neighbour is bashing his Mrs they're understaffed and say to lay a complaint in the morning and to call back if the violence escalates

Do you think if Mr dickhead neighbour was posting intent on social media they'd be less 'risk averse' ?

My sympathies for you , mrs dickhead neighbour and the [imo] slightly misguided SOUL protestors

BUT
hopefully the blatant ignore of stated government protocols by the police will result in some serious hatchet work on their over-politicised management and we may actually get to see what is going on behind closed doors in the Royal commission enquiry into the Christchurch Massacre.

IMO the secrecy in which this enquiry is operating is the greatest political scandal in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:41 am 

brat wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Tehui wrote:

Prince Philip sprung to mind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:19 am 

Winston points out to Labour who is actually running the country again.

:lol:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12256174

Quote:
NZ First blindsides Andrew Little with talk of abortion referendum

New Zealand First has blindsided Justice Minister Andrew Little by suggesting it may call for a referendum on abortion law reform.

The Government this week unveiled its bill for an overhaul of abortion laws, with the legislation to go to its first reading in Parliament on Thursday.

The bill went through extensive talks with NZ First before being announced to improve its chances of passing, but MP Clayton Mitchell on Tuesday told reporters the party was likely to call for a referendum.

"We've had a good discussion about that at the moment and we're working through it but it's something NZ First believes should probably be a binding referendum issue," he said.

That came after NZ First MP and Minister Tracey Martin earlier in the day told Radio NZ there were no plans for a referendum - and after a meeting of the party's caucus.

NZ First leader Winston Peters wouldn't rule out calling for a referendum.

"This is on-going work and we'll let you know on Thursday when the vote happens," he told reporters.

"Referendums are what New Zealand First has stood for a long time when it comes to conscience issues. We don't have to raise it earlier. Everyone who has been dealing with us knows that."

But it was news to Little, who has been leading the reforms.

"In all the extensive discussions we've had it's never been raised with me," he said.

"It's a bit unusual it gets raised at this point. We've got the bill drafted as a result of the consultations we've had with them. I'm proceeding what we've got at the moment."

Little said he did not believe abortion was a referendum issue.

Martin, who has been speaking for NZ First on the legislation, denied the party had misled Little.

"It was never discussed so it wasn't an opportunity to mislead him," she said.

"It had never been discussed with me or by the New Zealand First caucus themselves during the whole negotiations, therefore it was never raised with Andrew Little."

Prior to this term in Government, NZ First and Martin said abortion could be a referendum issue.

It's not the first time Little has been taken by surprise by NZ First.

He also believed he had their support to repeal three-strikes criminal legislation, only to find out, at the last minute, he didn't.

National's Amy Adams, who has been working with Little to get support for the changes among Opposition MPs, was critical of the call for a referendum.

"I think if you're in Parliament, govern," she told reporters.

"Don't be cowards and send everything to referendums."

The bill is expected to pass when it goes to its first reading on Thursday, with some conservative MPs such as National leader Simon Bridges, saying they'd be willing to let a Select Committee consider it.

It is being held as a conscience vote, with MPs voting individually, rather than along party lines.

The most significant change in the law would see the current requirement for women trying to get abortions to get clearance from two doctors on physical or mental health grounds dropped, in favour of open access until 20 weeks' pregnancy.

After 20 weeks, the medical practitioner performing the procedure will have to give approval.

New Zealand First is also insisting on a referendum on David Seymour's End of Life Choice bill, which would legalise assisted dying for terminally ill adults.

A referendum is already being held at next year's election on recreational marijuana legalisation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:51 am 

Unemployment at an 11-year low - 3.9% and wages the highest rise in over a decade (4.4% boost).

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/arti ... d=12256230

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 am 

Auckman wrote:
Unemployment at an 11-year low - 3.9% and wages the highest rise in over a decade (4.4% boost).

Talk me throught what you are doing wrong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am 

MungoMan wrote:
Auckman wrote:

Things are going so well we can carry jacinda as PM.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am 

MungoMan wrote:
Auckman wrote:

The right-wing media say 3.9% unemployment is really a bad thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:48 am 

Auckman wrote:
MungoMan wrote:
Auckman wrote:

The right-wing media say 3.9% unemployment is really a bad thing.

More immigrants needed!

No, how about employers start making the adjustment to a higher wage economy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:01 am 

No, how about employers start making the adjustment to a higher wage economy.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 am 

A lower unemployment rate will do it. Even then it will take some convincing.

The Kiwifruit industry a good example. They offer minimum wage, no job security, casual hours with no guarantee, and if accommodation is offered it costs a fortune, and they wonder why they have a staff shortage and run to the government screaming no one wants to pick kiwifruit. f**king pay more you cheap plum and folk will turn up, that's how a free market economy is supposed to work.

But we allow them to do it. Throw their hands up in the air and cry "No one want's minimum wage" and bail them out with Polynesian labour...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:32 am 

sonic_attack wrote:
A lower unemployment rate will do it. Even then it will take some convincing.

The Kiwifruit industry a good example. They offer minimum wage, no job security, casual hours with no guarantee, and if accommodation is offered it costs a fortune, and they wonder why they have a staff shortage and run to the government screaming no one wants to pick kiwifruit. f**king pay more you cheap plum and folk will turn up, that's how a free market economy is supposed to work.

But we allow them to do it. Throw their hands up in the air and cry "No one want's minimum wage" and bail them out with Polynesian labour...

Meanwhile back in 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20554 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514  Next