Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 172  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am
Posts: 122
Location: Oz
Adding Sammy Watkins to the Chiefs looks like giving us a scary offense with Kelce, K Hunt, and Hill, albeit with the still largely unproven qualities of Mahomes. Mahomes has looked good in the little we saw of him last season but I'd like to know he has a football brain to go with that arm of his.

Of course we need our O line to keep Mahomes upright but it does look like most of our draft picks will be going to the defence now. Hali's gone, Ron Parker is gone, Peters gone. Without our first-rounder in the draft that'll be a sparse set of selections for us this year. Given a choice between Berry and Peters I'd take Berry every time but it would have been nice to have both on the field again this season. Peters must've really p1ssed in someone's cornflakes, or maybe there was something else in the dressing room that Reid didn't like, including but not limited to his cornflakes. Still we need another CB (or 2) now and we need a lot more steel up against the run.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Watkins got insane money for a guy who was 3rd in production among Rams receivers last year and who struggled to complete a season healthy as a Bill. No doubt he has the tools to be a #1 but KC taking a huge gamble there.

The Minnesota 3:
Bradford to Arizona
Bridgewater to the Jets
Keenum to Broncos

Cousins on massive guaranteed money to Vikings.

Seems quite a few teams have found their QB via FA. Does that allow Browns to take Barkeley at #1 and still get their choice of QB at #4?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Titans sign both Butler and Dion Lewis from the Patriots
Amendola to the Dolphins. Normally you'd say that's a lot of people to replace for a contender but its NE so you know they'll be fine.

Jets get Trumaine Johnson

Bears add Trey Burton (to replace poor Zach Miller) and Allen Robinson
Moncrief signs with the Jags.
Ravens sign Ryan Grant (meh)

Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Eric Weddle on Twitter blasting the Bradford signing :lol: : "So dumb. Bradford has been paid more for nothing than anyone in history of nfl"

Shame the Ravens don't play the Cards this year.

Would be interesting to see a league table of $ earned per snap taken.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:14 am
Posts: 18414
Ravens spending big on receivers. Watch them all flop now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
village wrote:
Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.

If the Raiders only manage one marque signing I'd like it to be Suh.

So obviously, we're lined up to talk to Nelson :roll:
Crabtree's $7.8M doesn't look so bad considering the money being thrown at other WRs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12894
I should know better than to say this - but the Browns might finally have a front office that "gets it." Another good move. :thumbup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2275 ... rkley-play


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1349
Location: Saint Paul
The Vikes spending the big bucks.

I get the Bradford trade and understand Case's too as it is the nature of the business. I do feel for Bridgewater though as, notwithstanding his horrendous knee injury, he could have been a star at the Vikings. I hope his move to the Jets is a positive. I suspect he was traded rather than kept as a backup because the Vikes saw something in his recovery that they didn't like.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6428
Yer Man wrote:
village wrote:
Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.

If the Raiders only manage one marque signing I'd like it to be Suh.

So obviously, we're lined up to talk to Nelson :roll:
Crabtree's $7.8M doesn't look so bad considering the money being thrown at other WRs.


Suh really should be a Raider - the more nasty pieces of shit we get, the better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 6961
puku wrote:
The Vikes spending the big bucks.

I get the Bradford trade and understand Case's too as it is the nature of the business. I do feel for Bridgewater though as, notwithstanding his horrendous knee injury, he could have been a star at the Vikings. I hope his move to the Jets is a positive. I suspect he was traded rather than kept as a backup because the Vikes saw something in his recovery that they didn't like.


That's a good move for the Vikings (Cousins) and not as expensive as you thought it would have been.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
Joe Thomas retires.

Next stop, Canton in 2023.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
Demilich wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
village wrote:
Cuts put Jordy Nelson (past sell-by date?) and Ndamukong Suh on the market.

If the Raiders only manage one marque signing I'd like it to be Suh.

So obviously, we're lined up to talk to Nelson :roll:
Crabtree's $7.8M doesn't look so bad considering the money being thrown at other WRs.


Suh really should be a Raider - the more nasty pieces of shit we get, the better.

You wanted nasty?
Apparently we're looking to trade for the "nastiest player in the NFL - Vontaze Burfict" :shock: :shock: x(



And Derek Carr is meeting Jordy Nelson at the Airport. SMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1280
Yer Man wrote:
Derek Carr is meeting Jordy Nelson at the Airport. SMH

Saints are interested too


I hope we re-sign Alex Okafor. And are there any good TEs in this draft?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Bowens wrote:
I should know better than to say this - but the Browns might finally have a front office that "gets it." Another good move. :thumbup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2275 ... rkley-play


Hyde replaces Crowell, who has signed with the Jets. The talent is definitely there for the Browns to win a game or two this year. Shame for them they have to replace the retiring Joe Thomas.

Suh and Vontez to Raiders would be 'Burfect' :D .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
village wrote:
Bowens wrote:
I should know better than to say this - but the Browns might finally have a front office that "gets it." Another good move. :thumbup:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2275 ... rkley-play


Hyde replaces Crowell, who has signed with the Jets. The talent is definitely there for the Browns to win a game or two this year. Shame for them they have to replace the retiring Joe Thomas.

Suh and Vontez to Raiders would be 'Burfect' :D .

The Burfict rumour seems to have been debunked by both sides.

Of the 4 Free Agents we might have wanted to keep on defense, we've kept Ellis (DT), lost Autry (DE) and Carrie (CB).
Allowing Bowman to "test the market" in the hope of getting him back on a cheap deal. Maybe.

Can't see the Suh deal happening - unless we're going to make a major cut (Crabtree? Irvin?) to clear more cap space.
Which makes the interest in Jordy Nelson dubious.

Either way, we're going to have to hit it out of the park in the Draft or we're screwed defensively for another season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Raiders sign Jordy Nelson and cut Crabtree. :shock: What was Crabtree's cap hit, is there a significant net saving from this move?

Rams need a WR to replace Sammy Watkins. Would be hilarious if we grab Crabtree and he and Talib can play snatch the chain every practice.

Meanwhile Dolphins continue policy of getting rid of any of their good players. Pro-bowl center Pouncey joins Suh on the cutting room floor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
vintage_cox wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Derek Carr is meeting Jordy Nelson at the Airport. SMH

Saints are interested too


I hope we re-sign Alex Okafor. And are there any good TEs in this draft?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018TE.php

There's one - Hayden Hurst.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
village wrote:
Raiders sign Jordy Nelson and cut Crabtree. :shock: What was Crabtree's cap hit, is there a significant net saving from this move?

No.

Basically the same money:
Crabtree $16M over two years ($0 guaranteed)
Nelson $15M over two years ($13M guaranteed)

Word is Crabtree has become a big problem in the locker room.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Yer Man wrote:
village wrote:
Raiders sign Jordy Nelson and cut Crabtree. :shock: What was Crabtree's cap hit, is there a significant net saving from this move?

No.

Basically the same money:
Crabtree $16M over two years ($0 guaranteed)
Nelson $15M over two years ($13M guaranteed)

Word is Crabtree has become a big problem in the locker room.


Will be interesting to see how much Nelson has in the tank but perhaps then it's more about a better tutor for Amari Cooper.

Tavon Austin was due to be cut but has apparently taken a paycut to remain with Rams. Interesting move since it seems he's self aware enough to realise he was overpaid and had little chance of getting a good gig elsewhere in the league. He's frustrating because he has talent, it just doesn't seem to fit very well into the NFL (can't run routes, not great catching, not reliable hands for PR/KR). McVay tried to make him a RB last year and that failed but the fact he's not been cut must mean McVay wants to try something with him.

Other Rams rumour was they made a push to sign Bengals TE Tyler "sicknote" Eifert but Bengals matched the offer and Eifert is staying there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Texans TE Fiedorowicz retires aged 26 due to concussions. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6742
Yer Man wrote:
Joe Thomas retires.

Next stop, Canton in 2023.


Farewell big man ... what a team player .. travel well


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12531
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Hope the Jets re-sign McCown and then take a flyer on a 3rd round project. Not sure how Teddy is gonna work out. Did anyone realize that McCown has never played in the system for 2 years? 15 years in the league 15 different systems.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
Yer Man wrote:
Apparently we're looking to trade for the "nastiest player in the NFL - Vontaze Burfict" :shock: :shock: x(

Good job this never happened - Burfict has been banned four games - PEDs. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
Apparently Denver are looking closely at every First Round candidate QB.

They sent 7 people to watch Baker Mayfield's pro day.
And have invited Sam Darnold to work out in Denver.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1280
Okafor signed cheap :thumbup: (he was earning a big payday before his injury)


Now there is much Suh to the Saints talk...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12894
Yer Man wrote:
Apparently Denver are looking closely at every First Round candidate QB.

They sent 7 people to watch Baker Mayfield's pro day.
And have invited Sam Darnold to work out in Denver.


Elway seems to like Baker. I don't see franchise QB there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
Bowens wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Apparently Denver are looking closely at every First Round candidate QB.

They sent 7 people to watch Baker Mayfield's pro day.
And have invited Sam Darnold to work out in Denver.


Elway seems to like Baker. I don't see franchise QB there.

I think Elway would rather get Darnold or Rosen.
Neither will be there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6742
Yer Man wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Apparently Denver are looking closely at every First Round candidate QB.

They sent 7 people to watch Baker Mayfield's pro day.
And have invited Sam Darnold to work out in Denver.


Elway seems to like Baker. I don't see franchise QB there.

I think Elway would rather get Darnold or Rosen.
Neither will be there.


Which one you think Browns will take at 4 ?that being they don’t pass up SB at 1

A lot saying Bucs will take Minkah Fitzpatrick at 7 which considering they have resigned Brate and Evans could work


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
Hareaway wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Bowens wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
Apparently Denver are looking closely at every First Round candidate QB.

They sent 7 people to watch Baker Mayfield's pro day.
And have invited Sam Darnold to work out in Denver.


Elway seems to like Baker. I don't see franchise QB there.

I think Elway would rather get Darnold or Rosen.
Neither will be there.


Which one you think Browns will take at 4 ?that being they don’t pass up SB at 1

A lot saying Bucs will take Minkah Fitzpatrick at 7 which considering they have resigned Brate and Evans could work

Browns likely to take Darold at #1.

They've signed a decent RB to cover themselves in case Barkley is gone by #4.
But one of Barkley, Chubb and Fitz will still be there.
So they will trade the pick. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12531
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Jets won't die wondering they just traded their #1 (6th pick) both 2s and 2nd next year to the Colts for the #3 overall. They have finally decided to be smart about QBs.

I read that they have thrown loads of scouts and in person games watching by GM and Coach at the top 4. So they also wanted to add character and signed McCown to be a back-up and mentor. Added Bridgewater for depth and competition plus possible miracle come back and then will add the top pick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12894
How do you feel about Teddy Ballgame? I liked him earlier in his career but would worry that he is becoming injury-prone like a Sam Bradford type.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12531
Location: I. S. Of The Bronx
Bowens wrote:
How do you feel about Teddy Ballgame? I liked him earlier in his career but would worry that he is becoming injury-prone like a Sam Bradford type.


He is a possible reclamation project. He is a good guy who had some bad luck. No attitude issues just a career ending injury. If he bounces back to be competent that adds depth and competition and he can be traded for something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
Rams sign Ndamukong Suh to a 1 year $10m deal. :D

That's a defensive front of Michael Brockers, Ndamukong Suh & Aaron Donald

Image

Jimmy G is going to be running for his life.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4042
...and rumours the Rams are talking to NYG about trading for Odell Beckham Junior.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
village wrote:
Rams sign Ndamukong Suh to a 1 year $10m deal. :D

That's a defensive front of Michael Brockers, Ndamukong Suh & Aaron Donald

Image

Jimmy G is going to be running for his life.

And Russell Wilson will have to run even faster...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18975
village wrote:
...and rumours the Rams are talking to NYG about trading for Odell Beckham Junior.

Jeepers!

Let's keep our 37 year old quarterback and trade away the most talented receiver in the league.
Cause we can't afford to give him a new contract - cause we're paying $17M next season to a Left Tackle who has just lost his "I'm friends with Tom Brady so you can't call me for holding" exemption card...



Rams are going to be scary good for the next couple of seasons until their young players start getting paid.
Donald & Goff will eat $50M per season by 2020.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12075
Location: Indiana
Think they're keeping Eli because the alternative is much worse: admitting he's done and you're at square zero of having to find a new QB to rebuild everything around, which may mean 3 or so years of nothing.

Eli got a pass for last year as everyone blamed everything on the coach. Gonna be harder this year to do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 5:46 am
Posts: 12894
Pretty sure Eli is done. They will draft whoever they think is the best replacement anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 6961
I would trade OBJ for a high first rounder and some other decent picks.

He’s about to wear out his welcome in NY and I’d let him be someone else’s problem. Draft a QB and try get Nelson.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6823
All in with the Rams' plan... once you get a competent qb on a rookie deal buuuuuuurn all the cash and strike.

Absolutely no idea what OBJ's trade market would be. Injury, personality and contract concern but then he's an offence in himself.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6860 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 172  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBC 2, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hong Kong, MungoMan, Pat the Ex Mat, rett, Stjudes and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group