Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 193  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:25 am 

village wrote:
Interesting story from the betting markets that the main odds setter's model told him to set the line as Rams by 3 points. His gut told him he couldn't do that so he set it at Rams by 1 point and as soon as the book opened, the flow of money drove it to Pats by 3 points.

Similarly listening to Brian Bilick (Ravens Superbowl coach) he said when he looks in detail at the match ups over the field he thinks they clearly favour the Rams but if he had to put money on the game he's betting Patriots all the way. Can't disagree.

I'm only aware of the line moving to 3 at the squarest of square shops (Bovada and SportsInteraction). It's only moved to 2.5 at anywhere where you can get down real money, online or in Vegas. For the record, moving from 2.5 to 3 is a bigger move than from 1 to 2.5.

Edit to add that I saw Rams -2.5 early at BetOnline. It was a hypothetical line that was up in the midst of the Pats-Chiefs game, being no action if the Chiefs came back and won. Moved pretty quickly to Pats.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:57 pm 

village wrote:
Interesting story from the betting markets that the main odds setter's model told him to set the line as Rams by 3 points. His gut told him he couldn't do that so he set it at Rams by 1 point and as soon as the book opened, the flow of money drove it to Pats by 3 points.

Similarly listening to Brian Bilick (Ravens Superbowl coach) he said when he looks in detail at the match ups over the field he thinks they clearly favour the Rams but if he had to put money on the game he's betting Patriots all the way. Can't disagree.

It makes sense that some people would think that though.
I've heard many analysts/pundits say that the Pats don't always have the best players, but the "team" itself just has something more as a whole.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:02 pm 

I've seen a few comments that in Josh McDaniels (Pats OC) vs Wade Phillips (Rams DC) there should only be one winner.

Phillips builds great defences, just tends to run them the same way all the time.
The Pats scheme on a game by game basis and will expect to pick it apart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:30 pm 

goeagles wrote:
village wrote:

I'm only aware of the line moving to 3 at the squarest of square shops (Bovada and SportsInteraction). It's only moved to 2.5 at anywhere where you can get down real money, online or in Vegas. For the record, moving from 2.5 to 3 is a bigger move than from 1 to 2.5.

Edit to add that I saw Rams -2.5 early at BetOnline. It was a hypothetical line that was up in the midst of the Pats-Chiefs game, being no action if the Chiefs came back and won. Moved pretty quickly to Pats.

New England in gambling terms are one of the public teams in the league where their fanbase drives the odds their direction. Dallas, Green Bay, and I think Pittsburgh are others.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:38 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
goeagles wrote:
village wrote:

New England in gambling terms are one of the public teams in the league where their fanbase drives the odds their direction. Dallas, Green Bay, and I think Pittsburgh are others.

Plus they win and cover quite often in the playoffs - SB is more dicey. Brady over Goff is the key matchup for me and Brady wins hands down.

NE are playing their bets football now and rounding into serious form so they are my bet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:06 pm 

For the first time, though I have always threatened to do it, I am taking tomorrow off and having beer and nachos. Are one of you Yanks doing a match thread or do we use here?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:07 pm 

Do a thread :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:32 pm 

Bowens wrote:

Did it there you lazy cünt. Anything else you want like a foot rub?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:34 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Maybe an omelette. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:34 pm 

Bowens wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Bowens wrote:

Maybe an omelette. Thanks.

Shit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:02 am 

New AAF league about to kick off. Atlanta vs Orlando the first game. Three OSU players on Atlanta.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 am 

Interesting. I wonder what the general opinion is in the States?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:58 pm 

Sydvicious wrote:
Interesting. I wonder what the general opinion is in the States?

This hit went viral: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gySt_KwRnzI

People seem to like that it didn’t draw a flag. Almost certainly would have in NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:48 pm 

Apparently it beat the NBA in TV ratings yesterday. Houston vs OKC is a good NBA game too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrovell ... 5437066246

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:12 am 

Watched the highlights of the opening games and it was quite good actually. Having read a bit into it I actually think people will welcome it. It's not competing with the NFL, it's basically like a supplement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 am 

Yeah watching the game on now. Christian Hackenburg still sucks. The QB for Birmingham is good though. Didn’t even play in high school apparently.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 am 

Link?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:57 am 

Just ended. Birmingham kicked ass.

Last game of opening weekend starts in an hour https://www.vipbox.live/salt-lake-stall ... ots-1-live

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:20 am 

I just watched a promo doc on it. So, it seems like it's all about gambling, they control all the teams and players....hmm. Or is it just fantasy football?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:21 am 

Bowens wrote:
Apparently it beat the NBA in TV ratings yesterday. Houston vs OKC is a good NBA game too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrovell ... 5437066246

Both lost out to a re-run of AGT apparently

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:30 am 

paddyor wrote:
I just watched a promo doc on it. So, it seems like it's all about gambling, they control all the teams and players....hmm. Or is it just fantasy football?

NFL developmental league like Syd said above. They’re looking for a place to finetune QB and OL.

I was just reading more about the B’ham QB Luis Perez. Learned to play QB from watching YouTube videos. Nuts. He looked good, will be in the NFL next year I think.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:37 am 

No 1 pt conversion is interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:47 am 

Commentators are terrible. Feel like they're gonna try and sell me diet pills or some shit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:03 am 

Bowens wrote:
paddyor wrote:

NFL developmental league like Syd said above. They’re looking for a place to finetune QB and OL.

I was just reading more about the B’ham QB Luis Perez. Learned to play QB from watching YouTube videos. Nuts. He looked good, will be in the NFL next year I think.

They just put up a stat that 81% of the players in this league were signed at some point to an NFL contract. Given the massive amount of football talent in the US going to waste post high school/college/short NFL careers, it makes sense even if just a development league.

That's the case for the XFL as well which will be going head to head with this next year by the looks of things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:04 am 

Are the NFL invested in the AAF at all? I only noticed now it's being shown on NFL Network!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:25 am 

paddyor wrote:
No 1 pt conversion is interesting.

That and limited ads are the best part IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:26 am 

LeinsterLion wrote:
Are the NFL invested in the AAF at all? I only noticed now it's being shown on NFL Network!

Not yet. This explains where it could be headed
https://sports.yahoo.com/relationship-b ... 01424.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:03 am 

Bowens wrote:
LeinsterLion wrote:

The UFL always aimed to have an established minor league relationship with the NFL, and it never happened. Same reason that what the NFL wanted NFL Europe to become never occurred because coaches if they had a developmental interest in a player wanted the player on their roster to learn the system, not on a different team under different coaches.

The guy running this league is Dick Ebersol's son. The elder Ebersol ran sports at NBC forever.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:12 am 

Memphis. Birmingham. Orlando. San Antonio.

I feel like these cities feature in every minor league football attempt ever.

Watching some of Salt Lake Stallions-Arizona Hotshots now. I like that they highlight local connections. 17 guys on Salt Lake for example from Utah colleges.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:42 am 

Flyin Ryan wrote:

Watching some of Salt Lake Stallions-Arizona Hotshots now. I like that they highlight local connections. 17 guys on Salt Lake for example from Utah colleges.

Quote:
Teams have 52 players on each roster, with some selected by a territorial draft.[18] The territory assigned to a team consists of at least five colleges plus designated professional teams, one Canadian Football League, and four NFL teams (players from colleges outside the AAF footprint being allocated based on their most recent professional team).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_American_Football

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:44 am 

Bowens wrote:
LeinsterLion wrote:

Thanks. Interesting seeing what cooperation/connection there is already

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:16 am 

LeinsterLion wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:

Quote:
Teams have 52 players on each roster, with some selected by a territorial draft.[18] The territory assigned to a team consists of at least five colleges plus designated professional teams, one Canadian Football League, and four NFL teams (players from colleges outside the AAF footprint being allocated based on their most recent professional team).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_American_Football

I found that interesting as well. It makes people more invested in a team if they know there is home grown talent, especially if it's a new organisation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:42 pm 

Yeah, although it has limits on how far you can implement it. There are a grand total of 2 Division I-A football teams in the 6 states that make up the region of New England for instance. In contrast, such a system would be spectacular news for the 3 Florida NFL teams, Atlanta, and Dallas and Houston. Most egregious one would be the NHL. Toronto and Montreal would win the Stanley Cup every year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:08 pm 

So the no kickoff being replaced by a 4th and 12, you're only allowed to go for it on 4th and 12 if you're down by 17 or more points, or it's the last 5 minutes of a game. That shows me administrators (at least in this league if not the NFL) are scared of what I thought I'd do in that situation, just go for it in shootouts and deny the other team the opportunity to have the offense take the field. Pretty much the only reason we still have kickoffs now is the onside kick because no onside kick opportunity kills more games dead sooner, but this is still a flawed alternative if you have that level of restrictions on it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:00 am 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
So the no kickoff being replaced by a 4th and 12, you're only allowed to go for it on 4th and 12 if you're down by 17 or more points, or it's the last 5 minutes of a game. That shows me administrators (at least in this league if not the NFL) are scared of what I thought I'd do in that situation, just go for it in shootouts and deny the other team the opportunity to have the offense take the field. Pretty much the only reason we still have kickoffs now is the onside kick because no onside kick opportunity kills more games dead sooner, but this is still a flawed alternative if you have that level of restrictions on it.

Why 4th and 12? That would just result in a punt and then you might just as well do a kick off?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:57 pm 

Sydvicious wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:

Why 4th and 12? That would just result in a punt and then you might just as well do a kick off?

your choice is either a 4th and 12 from your own 28 or the other team automatically gets the ball at their 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:07 pm 

Flyin Ryan wrote:
Sydvicious wrote:
Flyin Ryan wrote:

your choice is either a 4th and 12 from your own 28 or the other team automatically gets the ball at their 25

except when there's a "r" in the month...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:57 am 

Flacco? Really?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:55 am 

Maybe the Broncos are looking for a bridge QB until someone they like shows up in the draft. I don’t think this year’s class is great.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:43 pm 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ap- ... ocid=ientp

AAF had a conversation with Kaepernick.

Kaepernick asked for $20 million.

Tim Tebow Land, where you're a star without being that good a player, so you don't want to play in the lesser leagues (CFL, now AAF) in order to not confirm "yes, I'm not that good a player".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191 ... 193  Next