Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official NFL 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:31 pm 

titans ftw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:32 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
Titans to run all over the Chiefs en route to the Super Bowl, you heard it here first. Really love what they've been doing offensively and the Chiefs D is not championship material IMO.

Looked up the Titans' defensive numbers throughout the season and they're not terribly impressive, but the last two weeks they've been lights out, playing with some real intensity.

It could be the most impressive SB run of all time if they beat SF in two weeks as well.

Steelers won it all from #6 seed a few years back but I think they were a "better" #6 than the Titans are perceived as being. Love a team that runs the football though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 pm 

scumbag is in

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:09 pm 

So what makes an ineligible player eligible?

I dont understand that rule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
Titans to run all over the Chiefs en route to the Super Bowl, you heard it here first. Really love what they've been doing offensively and the Chiefs D is not championship material IMO.

Looked up the Titans' defensive numbers throughout the season and they're not terribly impressive, but the last two weeks they've been lights out, playing with some real intensity.

It could be the most impressive SB run of all time if they beat SF in two weeks as well.

Should've taken your advice.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:28 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:

Apart from one player on each side of the line (usually a WR), you have to be a yard behind the LOS to be eligible. Basically on plays like that the lineman is lining up at TE, which you sometimes see on short yardage running plays anyway which is why it can be tricky for the defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:29 pm 

That was amazing by Mahomes

Horrific tackling.

wow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:30 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Apart from one player on each side of the line (usually a WR), you have to be a yard behind the LOS to be eligible. Basically on plays like that the lineman is lining up at TE, which you sometimes see on short yardage running plays anyway which is why it can be tricky for the defense.

Does he have to tell the referee before the play?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:30 pm 

Great effort by Mahomes but horrible tackling technique from the Titans defender.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Does he have to tell the referee before the play?

Yeah and they announce it on the PA.

This is a better explanation:

Quote:
The players widest to the right and left are eligible receivers; the others — typically two tackles, two guards, and a center — are not. Anyone on the line of scrimmage but inside the right-most or left-most receiver is “covered up” and therefore ineligible to catch a pass.

Last edited by fonzeee on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:52 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

There is some truth to the above, but in the case of an offensive lineman, its not about where you line up (you must be on the line or within a 'hat' of the player inside you - hence the slight V), you actually must declare yourself eligible to the umpires. There's a signal they use, which is brushing your knuckles down the front of the jersey, that tells the refs if a lineman is eligible.

Edit: should have started by saying, not all players can act as a receiver - o-lineman can't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:05 pm 

Snooze wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

There is some truth to the above, but in the case of an offensive lineman, its not about where you line up (you must be on the line or within a 'hat' of the player inside you - hence the slight V), you actually must declare yourself eligible to the umpires. There's a signal they use, which is brushing your knuckles down the front of the jersey, that tells the refs if a lineman is eligible.

Edit: should have started by saying, not all players can act as a receiver - o-lineman can't.

It's also related to the numbering system, "O" linemen can be numbered 50 > 79 so it's a wake up to cover the guy wearing #69 (etc).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:20 pm 

CrazyIslander wrote:
fonzeee wrote:

Should've taken your advice.

Good thing you didn't, unless they prevent a touchdown here it'll be a hell of a hole to climb out of.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:33 pm 

Ah it's probably over now...Titans defense couldn't keep up the intensity of previous two weeks. Don't know if lack of a bye week, KC's offense, or if they're emotionally spent as "they already played their final" a la England is to blame. Probably all three.

This team reminds me of that Jags team that almost made the Super Bowl a few years ago. Underrated, got hot, fed off the disrespect but beaten by a more experienced team (albeit one that for the next half hour hasn't been to the SB with this core).

Unfortunately like the Jags I'm not sure we should expect them back in the future. More likely a flash in the pan. But Henry/Tannehill > Fournette/Bortles so who knows.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:59 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
Ah it's probably over now...Titans defense couldn't keep up the intensity of previous two weeks. Don't know if lack of a bye week, KC's offense, or if they're emotionally spent as "they already played their final" a la England is to blame. Probably all three.

This team reminds me of that Jags team that almost made the Super Bowl a few years ago. Underrated, got hot, fed off the disrespect but beaten by a more experienced team (albeit one that for the next half hour hasn't been to the SB with this core).

Unfortunately like the Jags I'm not sure we should expect them back in the future. More likely a flash in the pan. But Henry/Tannehill > Fournette/Bortles so who knows.

11pts difference - 6/2+3. Not impossible with 3:02 to go. TN just need to get the ball back. I want KS to win anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 am 

LandOTurk wrote:
fonzeee wrote:

11pts difference - 6/2+3. Not impossible with 3:02 to go. TN just need to get the ball back. I want KS to win anyway.

I actually expect them to score here (or it's more likely than not anyway), but I'm pretty doubtful about that onside kick.

Edit: welp, so much for that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 am 

Andy Reid is a legend in fairness

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:50 am 

Gotta be happy for Chiefs fans, 50 year drought over. I think most neutrals will be hoping they win it all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:55 am 

Bowens wrote:
Gotta be happy for Chiefs fans, 50 year drought over. I think most neutrals will be hoping they win it all.

I'm pulling for Aaron Rodgers to win a second ring, but that's probably true. I will be very pleased for Andy Reid though, at least it will put an end to the whole "but he nvr won da sb tho" bullshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:42 am 

This game is going as expected.

Pack not in the same class. Rolling over in Cali once again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:42 am 

fonzeee wrote:
Bowens wrote:

I'm pulling for Aaron Rodgers to win a second ring, but that's probably true. I will be very pleased for Andy Reid though, at least it will put an end to the whole "but he nvr won da sb tho" bullshit.

GB not looking too good at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:47 am 

Cullen wrote:
fonzeee wrote:
Bowens wrote:

GB not looking too good at the moment.

I did expect SF to win the NFC once the Vikings sent Seattle to GB, but I was hoping GB would put up a better fight today than they have so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:59 am 

Jesus Christ have some pride boys...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 am 

:lol:

They are just not very good.

Never once have they looked convincing, and that's why people doubted them all year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:05 am 

Great half from the Niners. They were so dominant.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:08 am 

Frog Flair wrote:
Great half from the Niners. They were so dominant.

Superb half - aside from the Coleman injury.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:20 am 

Turn for the books that Chiefs stopped Henry.

Great to see two teams in the super bowl that can attack any way the defence gives them options. Two tight ends were main men for KC and 49ers and are doing nothing tonight. Really looking forward to SB now, great match up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:35 am 

Marshall Banana wrote:
:lol:

They are just not very good.

Never once have they looked convincing, and that's why people doubted them all year.

They have to be the weakest 13-win team in history.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:44 am 

Quality blocking in every play of this drive.

It's going to be a Superbowl between two great offensive teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:19 am 

Pack showing some spine!

Niners closed up shop too early...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:34 am 

Niners started playing again - but that PI call was generous...

FG ices it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:48 am 

With my limited kowledge, I get the impression KC has a bigger set of tools than SF... the way SF hid Garoppolo today, trusting their ground attack to work might not be enough is KC's defese plays like today.

KC seems more able to go the distance both through passing and running...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:30 am 

Puma wrote:
With my limited kowledge, I get the impression KC has a bigger set of tools than SF... the way SF hid Garoppolo today, trusting their ground attack to work might not be enough is KC's defese plays like today.

Why go to the air when your running game is so dominant - Mostert (good Saffa name) was making yards and scoring at will - talking 1st half only as went to bed after that.

Really getting into American football now but one thing that has always perplexed me is woeful tackling, especially the technique of some of the players. I understand it is harder to get to the attacker than in rugby because of the blocking but fudge me if you get there you have got to bring them down. Why the fudge shouldn't the kicker/punter learn how to tackle, he can't be doing that much during the week that he couldn't take a couple of hours with a defensive coach. The spinning stuff that you see from Lamar Jackson (as an example) is spectacular and all but could possibly be nullified if they used they're arms instead of trying to make the highlight reel by shoulder charging the fudge out of everybody.

Also - the oxygen on the sideline, give me a break.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:08 am 

Garropollo only attempted eight passes. That’s how dominant the niners were.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:13 pm 

BokJock wrote:
Puma wrote:

Why go to the air when your running game is so dominant - Mostert (good Saffa name) was making yards and scoring at will - talking 1st half only as went to bed after that.

Really getting into American football now but one thing that has always perplexed me is woeful tackling, especially the technique of some of the players. I understand it is harder to get to the attacker than in rugby because of the blocking but fudge me if you get there you have got to bring them down. Why the fudge shouldn't the kicker/punter learn how to tackle, he can't be doing that much during the week that he couldn't take a couple of hours with a defensive coach. The spinning stuff that you see from Lamar Jackson (as an example) is spectacular and all but could possibly be nullified if they used they're arms instead of trying to make the highlight reel by shoulder charging the fudge out of everybody.

Also - the oxygen on the sideline, give me a break.

A few years ago the Seahawks had a defensive coach who introduced their players to rugby tackling technique. For a couple of years their defense was devastating, and helped leading them to a Superbowl win... Their "new" tackling technique was the talk of the nets, but the it got unofficially abandonned (maybe not "spectacular enough" in terms of individual hits).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:17 pm 

Biffer29 wrote:

I know, they completely steamrolled GB. But TEN was expected to do the same with KC, and they couldn't. What would happen if the Chiefs manage to nullify SF's runing game the way they did yesterday with the Titans' and SF has to go to the air with error-prone Garoppolo?

It seems to me that KC has a huge arsenal in their offensive bag, while SF has to rely on a couple of strong runners and a massive O-line to open gaps for them. That just what TEN tried yesterday, and we saw how it went.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:23 pm 

The two tacklers that Mahomes beat en route to his TD looked like they weren't even trying! Did they have some betting slips we should know of? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:14 pm 

Puma wrote:
Biffer29 wrote:

I know, they completely steamrolled GB. But TEN was expected to do the same with KC, and they couldn't. What would happen if the Chiefs manage to nullify SF's runing game the way they did yesterday with the Titans' and SF has to go to the air with error-prone Garoppolo?

It seems to me that KC has a huge arsenal in their offensive bag, while SF has to rely on a couple of strong runners and a massive O-line to open gaps for them. That just what TEN tried yesterday, and we saw how it went.

Got anything to back that up? His TD/INT ratio would be a good place to start, but that won't help you (27/13 - not great but not a wreck either). Or you could use his average rating over the season, oh, but wait. It's over 100. SF are just fine if they need to go to the air with Samuel, Sanders and Kittle. But the nuances of the game dictate how the lays are called, and when you average over 7 a carry, you keep doing it.

KC's huge arsenal is all based on Mahomes. Don't have a clue how you stop him but if you do you have a chance, as they have no run game (once Mahomes removed). They don't try to hide it, it's just who they are.

Anyway, Chiefs by 10, but that might be me as a Niners fan prepping for the worst. :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215  Next