Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348842 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8243, 8244, 8245, 8246, 8247, 8248, 8249 ... 8722  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:18 am 

CM11 wrote:
Yes, I did watch him as a schools player. He carried the Clongowes team to the final in 2005 with his ability going forward.

If you actually can't remember how good he was in 11/12 then it's pointless continuing this discussion.

Of course I can remember he was good in 2011 , that's 7 years ago man when he was what 24? What relevance has that got to do with the present..

You seem to have derived from my posts that I somehow think he is a bad player which isn't true at all, I just said he has limitations which he does , he also has many pros

Well I don't know what you derived but you we're straight in with an insult. Have you ever played btw you didn't answer ..

Last edited by goose81 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:19 am 

Is there any reason all our home games have been 215pm kickoffs?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 am 

paddyor wrote:
Is there any reason all our home games have been 215pm kickoffs?

we have to forgo our tequilas and vodkas and just make do with the Carlsberg tins, Guinness and GIns

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:23 am 

goose81 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Yes, I did watch him as a schools player. He carried the Clongowes team to the final in 2005 with his ability going forward.

If you actually can't remember how good he was in 11/12 then it's pointless continuing this discussion.

Of course I can remember he was good in 2011 , that's 7 years ago man when he was what 24? What relevance has that got to do with the present..

You seem to have derived from my posts that I somehow think he is a bad player which isn't true at all, I just said he has limitations which he does , he also has many pros

You're not very good at following a conversation where you're the only other person in it, are you?

This started when I took issue with your description of his career.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 am 

Yeah and our opinions differ, your not always right mate. I disagree with you deal with it without insulting people

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 am 

goose81 wrote:
Yeah and our opinions differ, your not always right mate. I disagree with you deal with it without insulting people

Coming from you? :lol:

Anyway, you still think he peaked in 09? An interesting viewpoint that I'd be surprised many agreed with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:44 am 

Just watching the pro14 highlight and Beirne seemed to have been everywhere in the Ulster game. It was men v boys for the last try. Our depth in 2nd row is getting real good and Klein becomes an option next November also.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:52 am 

mickie wrote:
Just watching the pro14 highlight and Beirne seemed to have been everywhere in the Ulster game. It was men v boys for the last try. Our depth in 2nd row is getting real good and Klein becomes an option next November also.

hopefully we wont have the need to cap him. Hendo, Ryan, Toner, Dillane, Beirne and some young prospects emerging with any luck and only toner of that batch within sight of the end

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:15 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
mickie wrote:

hopefully we wont have the need to cap him. Hendo, Ryan, Toner, Dillane, Beirne and some young prospects emerging with any luck and only toner of that batch within sight of the end

Kleyn is a genuine baby eater, but with no evidence of the stupidity that can sometimes come with that. What this week has shown is that you can never have too much quality in any position because injuries can leave the cupboard very bare very quickly. I think he will come into the squad in place of Roux as soon as he becomes eligible.

Beirne and Kleyn look like an interesting and complementary pairing for Munster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:22 am 

Lenny wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
mickie wrote:

Kleyn is a genuine baby eater, but with no evidence of the stupidity that can sometimes come with that. What this week has shown is that you can never have too much quality in any position because injuries can leave the cupboard very bare very quickly. I think he will come into the squad in place of Roux as soon as he becomes eligible.

Beirne and Kleyn look like an interesting and complementary pairing for Munster.

One Saffer for another eh?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:27 am 

Lenny wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
mickie wrote:

you may well be right. i hope i am though if you understand me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:32 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Lenny wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
mickie wrote:

Disco, I’m not overly pleased with the system myself but it is what it is, and you and I both know that Joe, understandably, won’t hesitate to call Kleyn up if he believes he can use him. As a player I like Kleyn because he has a real edge without being a thug, and gives 100% commitment every game, but I would prefer if we didn’t have to rely on poaches.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:35 am 

Not disputing that at all Lenny. and you're probably right that he will simply displace Roux. That said i hope one of the provinces produces someone or two someones so it isnt necessary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 am 

If nothing else it shows that the squad depth is improving. Its not that long ago Billy Holland was capped.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:03 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Lenny wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
mickie wrote:

On the ITV commenatry just after Jackson got in the way and Aki knocked on, the main commentator said "Bundi Aki raised in New Zealand, played all his rugby there, became a hero in Connacht when they won the Pro12 and now he's playing for Ireland".....pause and audible sniggering from D'arcy and Williams. He's done something similar before IIRC. Or was that Cotter?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:11 am 

On closer inspection, Biggar tackled Best bound to Leavy. Best chucks him out of the way and drags Leavy forward over the line. It's fine.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:43 am 

paddyor wrote:
On closer inspection, Biggar tackled Best bound to Leavy. Best chucks him out of the way and drags Leavy forward over the line. It's fine.

That was my impression on the 2nd or 3rd replay. Probably fine, but the kind of thing where some refs would just see Best clearing him out, and whistle.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:16 am 

16 senior appearances(10 leinster & 6 irish) to date for James Ryan in his professional career.

Also appears to have gotten through game at weekend uninjured. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:23 am 

paddyor wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Lenny wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
mickie wrote:

On the ITV commenatry just after Jackson got in the way and Aki knocked on, the main commentator said "Bundi Aki raised in New Zealand, played all his rugby there, became a hero in Connacht when they won the Pro12 and now he's playing for Ireland".....pause and audible sniggering from D'arcy and Williams. He's done something similar before IIRC. Or was that Cotter?

I'm rewatching it with this commentary now. That's a mischaracterisation of what he said and there was no audible sniggering from anybody, just a pause as there often is in commentary.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:41 am 

fishooks15 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Ribs bad under the high ball now I see. :lol:

He was pretty crap at it Saturday. Also spilled an easy one against France

He's not playing well, suck it up

I remember when he was shit the last time and the time before that. His sexy beautiful chops bring an unreasonable amount of opprobrium

I've always been a big fan but he's been far from good lately.

So your shit under the highball now if Dan Biggar beats you to one.

Sound

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 am 

Lenny wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I remember when he was shit the last time and the time before that. His sexy beautiful chops bring an unreasonable amount of opprobrium

I think it might be that he really was shit each time. I’d imagine though that by later tonight he’ll be motm. :lol:

PS His attempted drop goal was absolute muck, both in thought and execution. I thought his immense experience meant he would make good decisions. Some chance.

Why is that chief?

We had the ball kicked back to us in the same spot from the 22. It's an underused option and he has a track record of getting them but then in internet expert land knocking over droppies from 50 metres is a piece of piss.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Lenny wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I think it might be that he really was shit each time. I’d imagine though that by later tonight he’ll be motm. :lol:

PS His attempted drop goal was absolute muck, both in thought and execution. I thought his immense experience meant he would make good decisions. Some chance.

Why is that chief?

We had the ball kicked back to us in the same spot from the 22. It's an underused option and he has a track record of getting them but then in internet expert land knocking over droppies from 50 metres is a piece of piss.

He's never kicked a drop goal for Ireland and has kicked 3 in his entire career for Leinster - the last one being in 2014

Not going to hop on the Kearney hate - but wasn't a good shout for me. We had been wearing them down - keep doing more of the same. It gave them a breather and while we got the ball back, that was no gimmie as our work on their restarts into us was chronic in 2nd half.

We lost everyone after a score.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 am 

The last time you got your hole was 2011 and I still hold out hope you'll get a chance again BMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 am 

The big dog is in a glass cage of emotion this morning.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 am 

Like I said a track record.

He goes for them rarely but if he connects it can go over and worst case you get the ball back.

Think he should have a pop more often actually.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:53 am 

EverReady wrote:
The last time you got your hole was 2011 and I still hold out hope you'll get a chance again BMan

MVP filled me up like a jam doughnut last night I will have you know.

And it was glorious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:54 am 

Banana Man wrote:
He's never kicked a drop goal for Ireland and has kicked 3 in his entire career for Leinster - the last one being in 2014

Not going to hop on the Kearney hate - but wasn't a good shout for me. We had been wearing them down - keep doing more of the same. It gave them a breather and while we got the ball back, that was no gimmie as our work on their restarts into us was chronic in 2nd half.

He has gotten one in an Irish jersey. ;)

It wasn't the worst option in the world and no one would have batted an eyelid if it was Sexton but as I said last night, he needed to strike it better to justify it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:54 am 

As you have pointed out from a system POV I'd be more worried about the restarts putting us back under pressure every time but that doesn't suit the narrative of some after our third win on the bounce with a DP against a Welsh side most on here were actually worried about.

Last edited by Mullet 2 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 am 

DP?

Domination point?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Like I said a track record.

He goes for them rarely but if he connects it can go over and worst case you get the ball back.

Think he should have a pop more often actually.

:lol:

I would say thats a fairly loose statment, suppose if any players connects with a drop goal it can go over!!!

Not sure thats a track record when he's scored as many in his career as Rory Scannell has!

He just doesn't strike the ball as well anymore - in that situation I just want us to keep forcing them into tackles. Usually he's not exactly shy about heading for contact and the pack was in front of him.

Thought it was a bad shout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am 

CM11 wrote:
DP?

Domination point?

Double penetration

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:00 am 

CM11 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

It wasn't the worst option in the world and no one would have batted an eyelid if it was Sexton but as I said last night, he needed to strike it better to justify it.

The A's??

Of course - but Sexton has the luxury of being Sexton. It's certainly not worth getting in a tizz over - but I don't remember him putting up too many Garryowens at all. Order of the day was "make them tackle". That's what he should have done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 am 

Banana Man wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

The As?

Of course - but Sexton has the luxury of being Sexton. It's certainly not worth getting in a tizz over - but I don't remember him putting up too many Garryowens at all. Order of the day was "make them tackle". That's what he should have done.

Sure Earls will be here in two minutes telling us he needs to be avoiding tackles ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:06 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

The As?

Sure Earls will be here in two minutes telling us he needs to be avoiding tackles ;)

Offensively he beat a few defenders. Lovely line to go through from Sexton to set Earls free in lead up to Leavys try. And he is always a big game player.

The two Biggar beat him to in the air were unfortunate, one of them in particular, as that's what he is picked for.

Defensive as last man coming into the line still an issue.

Theres no way he doesn't play for the next two games, and he should. June and November are the chances to try and develop Larmour, Conway or whoever into a realistic propostion for the World Cup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:11 am 

So, Kearney is crap at attacking then ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czp579ILGSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv0l6niSTEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkNOEYj6d40

And that's the sort of form he's been in for Leinster.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:24 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Lenny wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishooks15 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Why is that chief?

Does one drop goal from 4 years ago constitute a track record now? :lol:

And I described it as a Hail Mary kick in a previous post because it isn’t a pice of piss, and his execution of the kick was so shit that it could have gone anywhere, with a kick back to us far from being a guaranteed outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:28 am 

DOB wrote:
paddyor wrote:

That was my impression on the 2nd or 3rd replay. Probably fine, but the kind of thing where some refs would just see Best clearing him out, and whistle.

He was bound on to him all the time but he could have made it look better by binding more to the rear, MacOwens would have looked at that for 5 mins.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:29 am 

Rory does what he fúcking wants tbf.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:30 am 

Lenny wrote:

Does one drop goal from 4 years ago constitute a track record now? :lol:

And I described it as a Hail Mary kick in a previous post because it isn’t a pice of piss, and his execution of the kick was so shit that it could have gone anywhere, with a kick back to us far from being a guaranteed outcome.

How many drop-goals has Sexton kicked for Ireland? Didn't see many moaning when his went over :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:36 am 

For what it's worth on this mental conversation on drop goal success for Ireland in pro rugby

O'Gara - 15

Humphreys - 8

O'Driscoll - 5

Sexton - 4

Elwood - 2

Burke - 1

Murphy - 1

O'Shea - 1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348842 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8243, 8244, 8245, 8246, 8247, 8248, 8249 ... 8722  Next