Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8593, 8594, 8595, 8596, 8597, 8598, 8599 ... 8719  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 am 

danthefan wrote:
Chaps where would I get parking within walking distance of Mespil Rd tomorrow morning? Don't mind paying. I pretty much never drive into town if I can avoid it.

For how long, and what time ?

There's disc parking on the residential streets of Ranelagh over to Leeson Street, where you can park for a few hours.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 am 

danthefan wrote:
Chaps where would I get parking within walking distance of Mespil Rd tomorrow morning? Don't mind paying. I pretty much never drive into town if I can avoid it.

Shouldn't have any problem finding a space either on Mespil Road itself or just off it.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:25 am 

boringperson12 wrote:
I was told Shanahan was gone. There aren't many backs in the Academy at moment. The only thing going for us is we won't lose many to international call ups :roll:

I mean he's been passable of late, probably some of the best rugby he's played (really isn't saying much at all). It's hard to see him getting the boot leaving us just with Cooney, Stewart and Curtis Jr as our scrumhalves.

Last edited by unseenwork on Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:31 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Conn wrote:
Diego wrote:
Porterbelly1 wrote:
Caelan Doris is a Mayo man

Shameless poaching from Leinster

How much rugby did he play in Connacht?

6 years

Doris has been given plenty of opportunities to play for Connacht, which he has turned down time and again.

Not Leinster's fault that his parents sent him to Blackrock College or that he views himself as a Leinster man.

:lol: :lol:

You have some serious issues with Connacht, god knows
for what reason.

It's utterly bizarre. you have had three separate twitter accounts constantly throwing out jibes, plus the crap you post here.
Whats the reason for it?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:34 am 

Winnie wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Both Ludik and Marshall expected to miss a large portion of next season ffs. I wonder if the IRFU will allow some leeway there, the backline has been decimated.

Marshall looked in a lot of distress, have they said what the injuries are?

Pienaar
Jackson
Bowe
Olding
Marshall
Ludik
Trimble
Piatau
Payne

All gone for one reason or another in 12 months, no club could carry that.

This is why I would’ve preferred to have been in the Challenge Cup next year. Next season we’ll be playing with the bare bones of a professional squad and kids from the Acedemy. Playing Challenge Cup knock-out rugby would’ve been good for their development.

Expectations need to be kept low for a few years. A top 3 finish in the conference in the next 2-3 years would be my aim. (Scoff all you want, but we finished 4th with a stronger squad this year).

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:35 am 

NorthWestRugby wrote:
Winnie wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Both Ludik and Marshall expected to miss a large portion of next season ffs. I wonder if the IRFU will allow some leeway there, the backline has been decimated.

Pienaar
Jackson
Bowe
Olding
Marshall
Ludik
Trimble
Piatau
Payne

This is why I would’ve preferred to have been in the Challenge Cup next year. Next season we’ll be playing with the bare bones of a professional squad and kids from the Acedemy. Playing Challenge Cup knock-out rugby would’ve been good for their development.

Expectations need to be kept low for a few years. A top 3 finish in the conference in the next 2-3 years would be my aim. (Scoff all you want, but we finished 4th with a stronger squad this year).

Is that really much better experience than playing against a higher level opposition in the Champion's Cup group stages?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:39 am 

boringperson12 wrote:
I was told Shanahan was gone. There aren't many backs in the Academy at moment. The only thing going for us is we won't lose many to international call ups :roll:

He was never very good anyway, dont see that as a massive loss

unseenwork wrote:
NorthWestRugby wrote:
Winnie wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Pienaar
Jackson
Bowe
Olding
Marshall
Ludik
Trimble
Piatau
Payne

Is that really much better experience than playing against a higher level opposition in the Champion's Cup group stages?

Debatable either way I guess. There’s a potential for heavy beatings in dead-rubbers in the Champions Cup, whereas the Challenge Cup could throw up teams close to our level in semi-finals or a final. Winning games like those can become a habit - one we don’t have now.

Conn wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Conn wrote:
Diego wrote:
Porterbelly1 wrote:

6 years

Doris has been given plenty of opportunities to play for Connacht, which he has turned down time and again.

Not Leinster's fault that his parents sent him to Blackrock College or that he views himself as a Leinster man.

for what reason.

It's utterly bizarre. you have had three separate twitter accounts constantly throwing out jibes, plus the crap you post here.
Whats the reason for it?

Have no issue with Connacht, just pointing out some facts about Doris.

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Wed May 23, 2018 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:41 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
IT saying carbery said no to ulster, but move to munster may be on the cards for a year, if carbery asks leinster to move.

Well we didn't want him first.

(He is in for such a booing :frown: )

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am 

JoeMangled wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
IT saying carbery said no to ulster, but move to munster may be on the cards for a year, if carbery asks leinster to move.

I wonder whether Keatley could be in for a booing if he does move up.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:44 am 

NorthWestRugby wrote:
Winnie wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Pienaar
Jackson
Bowe
Olding
Marshall
Ludik
Trimble
Piatau
Payne

See this is where i disagree. With two or three astute signings I think we could challenge to be top two in the conference and who knows in the NTHCSBH. Our pack suddenly looks like it’s been coached and we have a few youngsters and returning players potentially bringing a little depth. I’m not a mad fan of Jantjies but to give him his due he is a capped international and has gone to two SR finals. Him plus a good NIQ lock and keep on the lookout for a decent IQ at LH or in the back three and there would be more cause for optimism. If we expect and go after the bare minimum it’s what we will get

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:52 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Conn wrote:

for what reason.

Whats the reason for it?

I note the edit, if you really do operate three twitter accounts you need help

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:55 am 

sewa wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Conn wrote:

for what reason.

Whats the reason for it?

I note the edit, if you really do operate three twitter accounts you need help

I obviously don't. :lol:

But I certainly spend far too much time on this and other rugby forums, which I'm trying to change. Thanks though.

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am 

unseenwork wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

I'm sure in your happy world eeyore he will be castigated each time he steps on the pitch and will probably have his windows put in and his tyres slashed

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:57 am 

In fairness.

There's a lad who could do with the Deedpoll Office offering a Buy One Get One Free special if ever there was one.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:11 am 

Conor Murray is very good on Luke Fitz's podcast this week. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:14 am 

Winnie wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

I'm sure in your happy world eeyore he will be castigated each time he steps on the pitch and will probably have his windows put in and his tyres slashed

Here I'm just wary about a very irate fan base. Would you ever stop.

You might have not noticed this but I'm trying to get myself in a better frame of mind about things after a rather negative couple of months. Ulster are on the up and so am I, there will be hurdles to climb but we'll surmount them.

Last edited by unseenwork on Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:16 am 

danthefan wrote:

There's always bucketloads of parking on Wilton Place and Wilton Terrace. Then just nip across the lock gates onto Mespil Road.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:17 am 

Leinsterman wrote:
danthefan wrote:

There's always bucketloads of parking on Wilton Place and Wilton Terrace. Then just nip across the lock gates onto Mespil Road.

That would do thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:28 am 

unseenwork wrote:
Winnie wrote:

You might have not noticed this but I'm trying to get myself in a better frame of mind about things after a rather negative couple of months. Ulster are on the up and so am I, there will be hurdles to climb but we'll surmount them.

The lad if he comes has hardly endeared himself to the Ravenhill faithful by coming up kicking and screaming
So its not going to be a warm welcome but its not going to be a cold one either
He is actually putting himself under a lot more pressure now because if he comes and plays shyte then punters will rightly have a go that he doesnt give a fvck.
If he comes and plays like Cooney, no one will care about this whole thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am 

Winnie wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Winnie wrote:

The lad if he comes has hardly endeared himself to the Ravenhill faithful by coming up kicking and screaming
So its not going to be a warm welcome but its not going to be a cold one either
He is actually putting himself under a lot more pressure now because if he comes and plays shyte then punters will rightly have a go that he doesnt give a fvck.
If he comes and plays like Cooney, no one will care about this whole thing.

Ach hopefully he does and they'll be cheering his name in the same way, still don't know whether it's the right move still. Whatever way things happen something will work out.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:49 am 

Apols if RR but journal reporting Tom Tierney is no longer involved in coaching the U-20's.

Slipping back into his role as a Development Officer I think. Don't wish to kick a guy when he's down but perhaps best for all concerned that he has the chance to deliver in this role and then build from there.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm 

Porterbelly1 wrote:

Never realised he was from Mayo. Pity from Connacht's persepective as with Muldoon retiring, Doris would have pretty much been his instant successor.

With a limited playing pool always extra tough to lose actual local players.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm 

Conn wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Conn wrote:
Diego wrote:
Porterbelly1 wrote:

6 years

for what reason.

Whats the reason for it?

Tell us more about the Twitter accounts...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:14 pm 

Diego wrote:
danthefan wrote:
The papers seem to have Keatley in the squad for Aus. What in the name of god :lol:

Rfurlong will explode :lol:

:lol:

to paraphrase PG Wodehouse, if not actually disgruntled, I would be far from being gruntled

In all seriousness, if we aren't going to be bringing 3 10's to Japan (and plan on using cooney as a 'break glass' option), then theres no point in bringing 3 10's to Aus.

use the Aus tour to see if Cooney at 10 is remotely feasible
or
use the Aus tour to see if Joey can step up
or
use the Aus tour to see if Scannell could be a 10/12 option in Japan
or
use the Aus tour to see if Ross Byrne can step up

but for fvcks sake, why on gods green earth would you use the Aus tour to give keatley game time? Whats that going to tell us that we don't already know?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:27 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Diego wrote:
danthefan wrote:
The papers seem to have Keatley in the squad for Aus. What in the name of god :lol:

to paraphrase PG Wodehouse, if not actually disgruntled, I would be far from being gruntled

In all seriousness, if we aren't going to be bringing 3 10's to Japan (and plan on using cooney as a 'break glass' option), then theres no point in bringing 3 10's to Aus.

or
or
or

but for fvcks sake, why on gods green earth would you use the Aus tour to give keatley game time? Whats that going to tell us that we don't already know?

in truth if Keatley is in the frame it gives more weight to the rumours of him moving north. In fairness i'd rather have Keatley plus a decent lock than Jantjes and nowt else

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:41 pm 

When are we getting this squad?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:00 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Diego wrote:
danthefan wrote:

or
or
or

in truth if Keatley is in the frame it gives more weight to the rumours of him moving north. In fairness i'd rather have Keatley plus a decent lock than Jantjes and nowt else

I think if we have Murphy and Coetzee fit and a functioning front row we can do without a secondrow signing, I have high hopes Dalton can step up, he's at a physical level very few secondrows we have produced have been at that stage.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm 

Dalton is raw, AoC limited with a long term hip problem, Henderson will be one of the few on International Duty, Treadwell has regressed this season, Pete Browne was never going to be big or strong enough to compete at the top level (and rumoured to be leaving)... Do we have anyone else?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:45 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:
Dalton is raw, AoC limited with a long term hip problem, Henderson will be one of the few on International Duty, Treadwell has regressed this season, Pete Browne was never going to be big or strong enough to compete at the top level (and rumoured to be leaving)... Do we have anyone else?

not at present. Lock is an area we need. Depending on whether Warwicks conversion from beyond shite to quite useful lasts into next season, we may be able to do without a TH. It seems we are being hamstrung by tighter NIQ rules than others.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:

I'd hopes for McCusker but that doesn't seem to be a thing at the moment, don't know much about Regan and would have really liked to have seen him off the bench on Saturday. Beyond that there's McMenamin who I really like the look of but he's a while off.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:49 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

not at present. Lock is an area we need. Depending on whether Warwicks conversion from beyond shite to quite useful lasts into next season, we may be able to do without a TH. It seems we are being hamstrung by tighter NIQ rules than others.

Unless they really start going big into O'Hagan then we're definitely going to need a LH.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:50 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

AoC seems to have gotten over his broken cock thing as he seemed to be in the team a good bit more consistently this season

To be fair in the Indo article about Jantjies being blocked it said Leinster had been refused a Nacewa replacement so there’s probably just tighter NIQ rules all round (apart from in Munster)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 pm 

CM11 wrote:

Indeed.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:52 pm 

So we need at least a second row and loose head to then...And a ten and centres, and another scrumhalf... :nod:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:53 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

To be fair in the Indo article about Jantjies being blocked it said Leinster had been refused a Nacewa replacement so there’s probably just tighter NIQ rules all round (apart from in Munster)

As it should be :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:53 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:
So we need at least a second row and loose head to then...And a ten and centres, and another scrumhalf... :nod:

A winger wouldn't go amiss either.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:56 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

A winger wouldn't go amiss either.

Whole new back row.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:57 pm 

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Indeed.

FFS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348729 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8593, 8594, 8595, 8596, 8597, 8598, 8599 ... 8719  Next