Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8917, 8918, 8919, 8920, 8921, 8922, 8923 ... 8978  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9176
Yer Man wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
St. Michael's College defeat Blackrock 24-3 to win Eric Lindsay Memorial Cup in Belfast.

Methodist College, Belfast celebrated their 150th Anniversary by hosting a two day tournament involving schools from all round Ireland as well as Mount Saint Mary’s from England and Cymeodd College from Wales. The tournament started on Friday 19th.

Sounds like a pretty good tournament. :thumbup:

Has this sort of thing been done before or is it a bit of a first timer?

edit: I see BP's post...


Clongowes had one a few years ago celebrating their anniversary, Michaels won that too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11351
A big :thumbup: to Shannon, beat the pond scum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18748
Location: Sarnath in the land of Mnar
Scannell's ankle injury not as bad as feared it seems. Looking at about two weeks according to JVG.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 567
lorcanoworms wrote:
A big :thumbup: to Shannon, beat the pond scum.



Rather than fighting over what seperates us, we should rally around what unites all good rugby men- hating the Gick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8847
Good news on Scannell. Id like to see him start a match in the AIs if he’s fit


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 567
Hellraiser wrote:
Scannell's ankle injury not as bad as feared it seems. Looking at about two weeks according to JVG.


This is extremely pleasing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 30860
Don’t suppose he mentioned Murray


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1357
Although he had quite a poor game, Willie comparing Larmour to Kenny f**king Miller (the footballer) shouldn't be lost in yesterday's match thread :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14400
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Ballynahinch losing 1B won't be good for Ulster up there with UL Bohs losing their's.

Even if it were to happen it wouldn't be a disaster, they've a strong enough set up and catchment area to bounce back, and Ulster have that division fairly stacked at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 58159
Location: Dirty Leeds
irishrugbyua wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
St. Michael's College defeat Blackrock 24-3 to win Eric Lindsay Memorial Cup in Belfast.

Methodist College, Belfast celebrated their 150th Anniversary by hosting a two day tournament involving schools from all round Ireland as well as Mount Saint Mary’s from England and Cymeodd College from Wales. The tournament started on Friday 19th.

Sounds like a pretty good tournament. :thumbup:

Has this sort of thing been done before or is it a bit of a first timer?

edit: I see BP's post...


Clongowes had one a few years ago celebrating their anniversary, Michaels won that too.

In the past it's primarily been the u13s, u14s teams that have these kind of tournaments rather than the senior 1st XV. Or that was certainly my experience and that of my brother.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2465
Munster v Glasgow this weekend. What sort of team will be put out? I'd imagine it'll be second string but it's in Thomond so can't exactly throw the match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20945
Those types of tournaments are more common in SA where they play them in school holidays. From memory the pigdogs are big on their festivals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 6020
unseenwork wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Ballynahinch losing 1B won't be good for Ulster up there with UL Bohs losing their's.

Even if it were to happen it wouldn't be a disaster, they've a strong enough set up and catchment area to bounce back, and Ulster have that division fairly stacked at this point.


Hinch are fifth so should be alright

4 of the top 5 teams are Ulster sides :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21718
ZuLu wrote:
Although he had quite a poor game, Willie comparing Larmour to Kenny f**king Miller (the footballer) shouldn't be lost in yesterday's match thread :idea:

Who is Kenny Miller and what's the context?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 40536
Location: Dublin
Uncle Fester wrote:
ZuLu wrote:
Although he had quite a poor game, Willie comparing Larmour to Kenny f**king Miller (the footballer) shouldn't be lost in yesterday's match thread :idea:

Who is Kenny Miller and what's the context?


Glasgow Rangers footballer. Weird comparison alright


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14592
iarmhiman wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
ZuLu wrote:
Although he had quite a poor game, Willie comparing Larmour to Kenny f**king Miller (the footballer) shouldn't be lost in yesterday's match thread :idea:

Who is Kenny Miller and what's the context?


Glasgow Rangers footballer. Weird comparison alright

I’d be interested in the context
Miller is one of the few to have played for both Celtic and rangers
He now manages Livingston or something like that
How the hell willie brought him into the mix I’m keen to hear lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11855
Winnie wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
ZuLu wrote:
Although he had quite a poor game, Willie comparing Larmour to Kenny f**king Miller (the footballer) shouldn't be lost in yesterday's match thread :idea:

Who is Kenny Miller and what's the context?


Glasgow Rangers footballer. Weird comparison alright

I’d be interested in the context
Miller is one of the few to have played for both Celtic and rangers
He now manages Livingston or something like that
How the hell willie brought him into the mix I’m keen to hear lol



Okay.

I compared Larmour to Miller, because like Millar, if Larmour doesn't have much time and uses natural instincts he comes up with the goods, give them too much time and space and they run up their own arsehole.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27646
Nope still don't get it. Did Jordan play for King's Hospital or something like that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 52806
Willie Falloon wrote:
Winnie wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
ZuLu wrote:
Although he had quite a poor game, Willie comparing Larmour to Kenny f**king Miller (the footballer) shouldn't be lost in yesterday's match thread :idea:

Who is Kenny Miller and what's the context?


Glasgow Rangers footballer. Weird comparison alright

I’d be interested in the context
Miller is one of the few to have played for both Celtic and rangers
He now manages Livingston or something like that
How the hell willie brought him into the mix I’m keen to hear lol



Okay.

I compared Larmour to Miller, because like Millar, if Larmour doesn't have much time and uses natural instincts he comes up with the goods, give them too much time and space and they run up their own arsehole.


And as you were told, that was complete bullshit. Only someone who's seen him play a select few games could possibly come up with concocting that nonsense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm
Posts: 345
Long live The Black Kenny


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14400
I would like more comparisons of Irish players to Rangers players.

Then I shall say bugger off and compare them to a Dundee United player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23437
Kenny Miller and Jordan Larmour..... :lol: :lol:

You're a gas ticket... even with the obscure Scottish football link thats a mental one....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8327
Dev toner is a ringer for Mark hately.

Underrated throughout his career and pigeonholed as only being good in the air, despite consistently producing the goods for club and country

Wouldn’t surprise me to see dev do a stint in the south of France late in his career too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8327
Also, I’ve never seen Gordon Darcy and Gordon Durie in the same room together .... just sayin

https://goo.gl/images/AqDkoV


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Posts: 981
Which player is most like Gazza? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14400
boringperson12 wrote:
Which player is most like Gazza? :lol:

No, I want to know who is the Nadir Ciftci of Irish Rugby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20945
Sadly Ryan Caldwell is heading down the Gazza path.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14400
Madigan is the Gary McKay-Steven.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 7562
Who is the Neil Lennon/Scott Brown of Irish rugby?
The one rival player we hate above all others?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6762
Jim Lahey wrote:
Who is the Neil Lennon/Scott Brown of Irish rugby?
The one rival player we hate above all others?


Neil Lennon? :uhoh:

Does he get no credit for playing for NI?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21877
Mike Philipps is the Thierry Henry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14592
Zico wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:
Who is the Neil Lennon/Scott Brown of Irish rugby?
The one rival player we hate above all others?


Neil Lennon? :uhoh:

Does he get no credit for playing for NI?

They are both cvnts if youre team is playing against them, but they are the cvnt you want on your team.
Maybe David Campese is a reasonable rugby version


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10737
Location: Mostly London........Mostly
lorcanoworms wrote:
A big :thumbup: to Shannon, beat the pond scum.


:nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20863
Willie Falloon wrote:
Winnie wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
ZuLu wrote:
Although he had quite a poor game, Willie comparing Larmour to Kenny f**king Miller (the footballer) shouldn't be lost in yesterday's match thread :idea:

Who is Kenny Miller and what's the context?


Glasgow Rangers footballer. Weird comparison alright

I’d be interested in the context
Miller is one of the few to have played for both Celtic and rangers
He now manages Livingston or something like that
How the hell willie brought him into the mix I’m keen to hear lol



Okay.

I compared Larmour to Miller, because like Millar, if Larmour doesn't have much time and uses natural instincts he comes up with the goods, give them too much time and space and they run up their own arsehole.

Don't really think that's a fair assessment of Larmour. Miller was a workmanlike striker who had a bit of pace in his youth and knew how to finish.

If you were comparing Larmour to a footballer it would need to be a goal-scoring wide-player of the modern style, which would still be hopelessly reaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:10 pm
Posts: 560
DOB wrote:
Mike Philipps is the Thierry Henry.


Neil Back?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 567
So, looking forward to the November Tests- what do we think we'll see first up against Italy? Assume we'll give guys who've had a heavy work load over last couple of weeks (James Ryan, CJ Stander, etc) some time off and let them avoid a flight to the States and prep at home for the Argies/NZ.

Something like:

Mcgrath
Scannell (injury permitting)
Porter
Roux or Toner (depending on squad selection)
Beirne
Ruddock
Murphy
Conan
McGrath
Carbery
Conway
Aki
Addison
Larmour
Kearney


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3274
Location: G W C
boringperson12 wrote:
Which player is most like Gazza? :lol:



Neil Best


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18748
Location: Sarnath in the land of Mnar
So TOD didn't break his leg, significant ankle ligament damage though. Still, a better prognosis than expected. Earls is fit again and Scannell is expected to be back running today or tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6312
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
Munster-fogs wrote:
Munster v Glasgow this weekend. What sort of team will be put out? I'd imagine it'll be second string but it's in Thomond so can't exactly throw the match.


tricky one - need to start clocking up a few wins but they'll have to rest POM, Stander, Carbury, probably Byrne, Rory Scannell, dig deeper to Parker, Scott. I'd like to see them give more game time to Neil Cronin - just cut our losses on Drunken....he did well vs Exeter but was a one off, his passing etc vs Gloucester was brain melting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23437
Hellraiser wrote:
So TOD didn't break his leg, significant ankle ligament damage though. Still, a better prognosis than expected. Earls is fit again and Scannell is expected to be back running today or tomorrow.

Bad ankle ligament can be worse than a break though - as it isn't as clean.

Obviously hoping for the best on that front.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8917, 8918, 8919, 8920, 8921, 8922, 8923 ... 8978  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArnoldVDH, badmannotinjapan, Bert, Cullen, FullbackAce, Google Adsense [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, Tecumseh, UncleFB and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group