Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9308, 9309, 9310, 9311, 9312, 9313, 9314 ... 9810  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:35 pm 

I'd start Lowry at 10.

Kernohan has been on media duties so would suggest he's probably in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:37 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
I'd start Lowry at 10.

Kernohan has been on media duties so would suggest he's probably in.

I would as well but they probably won't. Yep Kernohan probably is, wouldn't select him ahead of any of backs BP listed though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 pm 

I'd want Lowry to get more game time at ten but there has been a reluctance to even put him on the pitch. Should have got a lot more game time when Burns was struggling during the last European matches.

Wasn't sure if Kernohan was fit, he'll start ahead of Lyttle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:50 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:
I'd want Lowry to get more game time at ten but there has been a reluctance to even put him on the pitch. Should have got a lot more game time when Burns was struggling during the last European matches.

Wasn't sure if Kernohan was fit, he'll start ahead of Lyttle.

I suppose he could, only reason would be that he's in the European squad where Lyttle's not.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:41 pm 

Lowry is that midget kid right?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:46 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

You shush your mouth.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:51 pm 

What's the story with the U-20s this year?

I like the look of that guy John Hodnett. Looks like they've been feeding him nothing but raw Clonakilty black puddin'. He sort of remind me of Axel Foley. Also, Harry Byrne has been good, way better than last year. ANy other stand out prospects?

Highlights from Scotland:

https://www.facebook.com/irishrugby/vid ... 685550467/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:57 pm 

RWC2015 wrote:

I like the look of that guy John Hodnett. Looks like they've been feeding him nothing but raw Clonakilty black puddin'. He sort of remind me of Axel Foley. Also, Harry Byrne has been good, way better than last year. ANy other stand out prospects?

He reminds me of Thomas Waldrom, doesn't really seem to be moving all that quickly and next thing you know he's busted the line or scored a try from close in. Will be interesting to see what position he develops into, he's not the tallest for 6 or 8 though he's seriously stocky.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:00 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:
RWC2015 wrote:

He reminds me of Thomas Waldrom, doesn't really seem to be moving all that quickly and next thing you know he's busted the line or scored a try from close in. Will be interesting to see what position he develops into, he's not the tallest for 6 or 8 though he's seriously stocky.

He'll end up at 7.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Why is Addison retained? He's not played in nearly a month.

Joe is training him at Full Back - now that the flaw in "Plan Henshaw" has been noticed?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:07 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:09 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fücking Beautiful :thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:11 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
RWC2015 wrote:

He'll end up at 7.

Did they ever seriously try him at 2 as rumored. He looks a very decent player. With Coombes and o Sullivan enroute at 6 and 8 he’d be advised to try for 7. He looked very good at 7 in the recebt A Interpro that was on. YouTube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
RWC2015 wrote:

He'll end up at 7.

Did they ever seriously try him at 2 as rumored. He looks a very decent player. With Coombes and o Sullivan enroute at 6 and 8 he’d be advised to try for 7. He looked very good at 7 in the recebt A Interpro that was on. YouTube

tried last season at UCC and gave up.

as you said, 7 has been where he was playing for Munster A.

future backrow of Coombes, Hodnett and O'Sullivan has a nice look to it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:43 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
RWC2015 wrote:

He'll end up at 7.

tried last season at UCC and gave up.

as you said, 7 has been where he was playing for Munster A.

future backrow of Coombes, Hodnett and O'Sullivan has a nice look to it.

Coombes is a big big unit, hope he can make a proper breakthrough this season in a similar way to Wycherley. I'd worry if O'Sullivan is big enough or athletic enough for pro rugby, he looked very tidy for the 20s but there's a massive step up in physicality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:56 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:

Coombes is a big big unit, hope he can make a proper breakthrough this season in a similar way to Wycherley. I'd worry if O'Sullivan is big enough or athletic enough for pro rugby, he looked very tidy for the 20s but there's a massive step up in physicality.

Yeah O'Sullivan may fall victim to a lack of size/physicality at the top level ala JOD. Hopefully not.

Shame Luke Clohessy(Shannon) got injured, thought he'd push for Ireland u20 squad place and an academy spot this season. Not sure when he is back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 pm 

Gonzaga Terenure just started on eir sport

5-0 Zaga.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 pm 

No Mako Vunipola for the remainder of the Six Nations, who suffered ankle ligament damage against France.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:11 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:

5-0 Zaga.

Boo!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

5-0 Zaga.

Boo!

first try: https://twitter.com/FreeSports_TV/statu ... 1122657281

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 pm 

Gonzaga are currently leading 12-3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:04 pm 

Zaga saved by a forward pass 8)
12-6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm 

Try for the good guys.
19-6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:22 pm 

Sons of shíts score but fail to convert.
19-11.
Win for Zaga.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:41 pm 

IRUA - Leinster training on High Schools new astro pitch today ..... Byrne, Tracey and Kelleher all there.

I reckon Kelleher is going to get his debut in this next set of 3 matches against Zebre, Southern Kings and Cheetahs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
IRUA - Leinster training on High Schools new astro pitch today ..... Byrne, Tracey and Kelleher all there.

I reckon Kelleher is going to get his debut in this next set of 3 matches against Zebre, Southern Kings and Cheetahs.

that was yesterday and yeah youd think he will most likely.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:54 pm 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Sons of shíts score but fail to convert.
19-11.
Win for Zaga.

Will watch later, anyone impress?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:10 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
No Mako Vunipola for the remainder of the Six Nations, who suffered ankle ligament damage against France.

So... the Holy Trinity of Mako, Billy & Manu lasted all of two games :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:11 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Why is Addison retained? He's not played in nearly a month.

They usually don't release them back until later in the week. Might be fitness concerns over Kearney.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:18 pm 

lorcanoworms wrote:
Try for the good guys.
19-6

Are you Gonzaga?

Big day. I think that's the first time in decades we beat a "big" team. Though Nure probably dont qualify under that criteria anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:22 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Try for the good guys.
19-6

Are you Gonzaga?

Big day. I think that's the first time in decades we beat a "big" team. Though Nure probably dont qualify under that criteria anymore.

Go suck on a lemon, Boxy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:23 pm 

30 years of hurt :x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm 

Listening to OTB last night they said Adam Byrne was 24th man last w/end so would not be surprised to see him starting against Italy. He does offer something different to all our wingers obviously defence is his biggest issue but not been as bad in recent times.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm 

Mako Gooone.

One down. Two to go.

Once the Billy, Mako, Manu Tide goes out we’ll see a less confident England. Those boys make a massive difference. But they may all make RWC. Odds are they won’t.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm 

Irish wrote:
Mako Gooone.

One down. Two to go.

Once the Billy, Mako, Manu Tide goes out we’ll see a less confident England. Those boys make a massive difference. But they may all make RWC. Odds are they won’t.

Yep. They can’t keep their big men fit. We were really unlucky to get them first up. They’ll Itoje back. Lose Billy V and it’s over for them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Stat of the day:

Rob Kearney(102) is the 3rd player to beat 100 defenders in 6 nations histroy after Brian O'Driscoll (163) and George North (105)

Obviously false.

It's a bored fact that Rob doesn't beat defenders.

You're confusing it with the passes made stat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
Listening to OTB last night they said Adam Byrne was 24th man last w/end so would not be surprised to see him starting against Italy. He does offer something different to all our wingers obviously defence is his biggest issue but not been as bad in recent times.

Doesn't he offer most of the same things as Stockdale? Those are good things tbf and more of that size and speed in the team would be grand.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 pm 

Mike Tindall
Quote:
Ultimately it was very... Irish. They got ahead through Scotland's mistakes and then... pretty much, as if Jose Mourinho was their coach, they parked the bus, played one-out runners, kicked it in behind.

Ouch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:28 pm 

Iain Henderson recovery progressing well while Ireland duo return to Ulster training

By Jonathan Bradley

February 12 2019

When Ulster were last in action, it was at the end of a long run of consecutive fixtures. They rescued a draw from the jaws of defeat at home to Benetton.

A week off, followed by a week of limited sessions, preceded yesterday's return to normal scheduling, with the squad boosted by a few returning faces.

Scrum-half John Cooney, who appeared off the bench for a handful of minutes in both of Ireland's Six Nations games to date, was back training with the province ahead of Friday's trip to face the Ospreys in Bridgend, while Jordi Murphy was also back in Belfast having been overlooked by Joe Schmidt so far during the campaign.

There was no sign of Will Addison though, hinting that the former Sale man could be set for a role against Italy when Ireland's Six Nations resumes on February 24.

Of most interest, though, will likely be the sight of Iain Henderson back in training. The star lock injured his hand against Leicester Tigers, his first game back from a different hand injury.

Having missed the last fortnight for Ireland, a loss compounded by the news that Devin Toner will be absent for the rest of the Championship, it is still hoped he could feature later in the campaign.

Ulster assistant coach Dan Soper offered a positive prognosis on his most recent recovery.

"He is coming along really well," he said. "Until the medics give him the all clear he will keep progressing towards getting fully stuck in (with contact), but he has been able to do a lot of conditioning obviously and a lot of (skills) with me, able to use one hand. He is progressing along nicely.

"He has not been doing a lot of catch and pass, back into that sort of thing, but we are taking it easy on him at the minute."

Another of the side's key forwards, Marcell Coetzee, will play no part in the Guinness PRO14 encounter this weekend.

The back-rower, who last week signed a three-year deal to stay with the province, also last featured for the side against the Tigers almost a month ago, coming off with a hamstring strain in the first-half of the win that sealed a Champions Cup quarter-final place.

"No, Marcell won't be available this week," confirmed Soper. "He's pretty close and doing a lot, but the medics will be on that one, but certainly not available this week."

Soper did add, however, that the influential Springbok was fully expected to be back in plenty of time for the European last-eight tie with Leinster in the Aviva Stadium next month.

While that seems sure to come too soon for Luke Marshall, the centre is also back in non-contact training after his ACL injury last May.

Ahead of their own return to PRO14 actions, Chris Farrell has returned to Munster along with hooker Niall Scannell and John Ryan.

Farrell started at outside centre for Schmidt's side in the win over Scotland, his first Test cap since a serious knee injury sustained in last year's Championship.

Like Henderson, there had been some hope that Tadhg Beirne could have made a return to provincial action to ease Ireland's second-row options ahead of the trip to Rome but head coach Johann van Graan appeared to downplay the prospect.

Meanwhile, Ireland flanker Sean O'Brien's move to London Irish was confirmed yesterday afternoon.

The Tullow native, a two-time Lions tourist, will make the move after this year's World Cup.

"I'm keen to roll up the sleeves and use my experience to help re-establish London Irish as a top club in England," O'Brien said. "This is one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make. I have played all my rugby in Ireland with Tullow, with Leinster and with Ireland, and to move from the place I call home and that I love so much was not easy.

"That being said, I feel that the time has come to explore other opportunities, to challenge myself at a new environment, in a new city, with a new club and against different players and teams on a weekly basis."

O'Brien will link up with former Irish coach Declan Kidney and former Ulster director of rugby Les Kiss for the side who are set for Premiership promotion, while it is believed Paddy Jackson will also join ahead of next season once Perpignan's almost certain relegation from the Top 14 is confirmed.

"We are always on the lookout for players of Sean's ability," said Kidney. "Sean has proven himself time and time again to be a quality player who sets very high standards for himself and those around him, he leads by example and has a winning mentality."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Mike Tindall
Quote:
Ultimately it was very... Irish. They got ahead through Scotland's mistakes and then... pretty much, as if Jose Mourinho was their coach, they parked the bus, played one-out runners, kicked it in behind.

Ouch

One out runners and kicking behind is effectively how England have played so far and won loads of plaudits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9308, 9309, 9310, 9311, 9312, 9313, 9314 ... 9810  Next