Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7492, 7493, 7494, 7495, 7496, 7497, 7498 ... 7637  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:02 am 

Stevus55 wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Majestic

I never checked that ruck again, did Peyper get it right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:05 am 

CM11 wrote:
Stevus55 wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Majestic

I never checked that ruck again, did Peyper get it right?

Pepyer got it wrong ..... but in doing so he gave us this! :lol:

It's like a science video explaining wavelength and amplitude through the medium of a tightheads arse and love handles :lol:

Highlight of the tour so far!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:07 am 

It was some slap in fairness, I wouldn't fancy being on the end of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:27 am 

Didn't think that would be my kind of thing, but there is something sexy about the slap spreading like a wave over the body. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:36 am 

:lol:

That's f**king ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 am 

Stevus55 wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Majestic

I'd like to see him try that on Marty Moore.

And of course my point on the Conway tackle was that it was completely within the laws. Ironically if they'd gone back about 30 seconds before, he did make a blatant round-the-collar tackle on one of the Japanese locks that could well have earned a yellow on its own, but it's just daft that they tied themselves in knots trying to get a pen out of a perfectly good hit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:29 am 

ERASMUS GONE. According to the independent he has triggered his six month break clause although he may not be gone before the start of the season. Jaques has allegedly been offered and turned down the head coach position.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:01 am 

Ah well.

I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that professional rugby is just a festering barrell of steaming shit. There was a time when it provided a blessed respite from the day-to-day shit you had to wade through in life or when it provided the delicious icing on top of the cake when times were good.

But it has become part of the shit you have to wade through in life.

Fcuk professionalism. It has ripped the heart and soul out of the game I love so damn much.

Can't blame the guy(s). Country comes calling, you answer.

Still a shit sandwich.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:17 am 

Looks like Lam was right when he had a dig at the IRFU for the 6 month clause.

Coming back to bite Munster now

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:31 am 

The article is more along the lines of "well he could go" and seems to be based off that piece in a South African paper this week
Quote:
Fears are continuing to grow that Rassie Erasmus will not see out the remaining two years of his Munster contract, with the Springboks increasingly confident that they can lure him back into their system.
The Irish Independent understands that Erasmus has triggered the six-months' notice clause in his contract that will allow him return to South Africa to become their director of rugby.
Pat Lam used a similar clause to leave Connacht for Bristol and recently warned against the risk of it happening to other coaches of Irish provinces.

Erasmus has made no secret of his desire to one day lead the Springboks, but following Munster's Champions Cup exit, he ensured supporters that he was fully committed to the province.
Shock

The 44-year-old's impending shock departure will come as a major blow and it will be made even worse by the news that his right-hand man Jacques Nienaber will follow Erasmus back to South Africa.

It is believed that Nienaber, the Reds' defence coach, was offered the head coach role at the province, but he is also keen to return to the Boks.
Erasmus will remain for the start of the next campaign, potentially even until the end of the season, and will oversee pre-season as planned, but Munster have been left scrambling to find a suitable replacement.

Munster have made great strides since the impressive duo arrived last summer, as they reached the Champions Cup semi-final as well as the Guinness PRO12 final.
Hooker Niall Scannell revealed in April that Erasmus had "clarified to us (the squad) a few weeks ago" that he was committed to his three-year deal, but the Springboks have never given up hope of landing their man.

The South African Rugby Union (SARU) have always regretted allowing one of the country's finest coaches leave and behind the scenes they, along with the government, have been working tirelessly to turn his head.
Erasmus and his young family have settled well in Limerick, but the offer to take up what is his dream job is likely to be too good to turn down.

The SARU have tabled a lucrative offer that will see Erasmus assume complete control of the Springboks without any restrictions on selections.

Erasmus was grilled about his future last season and in March said: "I have been talking to (the SARU) since I have been here. I have been living and coaching there the last 16 years. I know them really well. There have been formal and informal chats."

While Munster knew that their director of rugby would eventually return home, they are very disappointed with how the scenario has played out.
In terms of finding a replacement the timing couldn't be worse, particularly ahead of a crucial summer of recruitment, but Erasmus staying on for at least a part of next season will buy them some time.
The untimely death of Anthony Foley last year rocked the province and should Erasmus and Nienaber depart as expected, it would leave them without three key voices in their set-up.

Jerry Flannery (forwards coach) and Felix Jones (backs coach) have extended their deals, but Munster will look outside the club for Erasmus' successor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 am 

Porterbelly1 wrote:

His argument is no different today than it was yesterday and it's still a pile of shite that he's using to hide behind when the reality is that there was nothing stopping him staying other than his own personal reasons for moving.

I'd expect Erasmus to be more graceful if he does leave early.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:12 am 

They held on at both the previous rucks and then Furlong got pinged for a made-up penalty, three phases that sum up the refereeing down there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 am 

Banana Man wrote:
The article is more along the lines of "well he could go" and seems to be based off that piece in a South African paper this week

Wishful thinking B'Man. This has an air of definitiveness to it.

One thing strikes me as odd is that ordinarily you'd be reluctant to make 2 definitive contract appointments so recently as Fla' & Felix unless you either had some form of commitment from Erasmus to see out the season, rather than just the initial period of it - no incoming Head Coach would want to be saddled with senior appointments like that not of his choosing - or it may very well be, that Lordy, Lordy, Munster & Erasmus are actually handing this transition as professionally as possible, and the incoming HC has already been primed and has given tacit approval to the 2 appointments.

Which would point the finger firmly at ROG IMHO.

Anyhoo - that's about the best 'best case' I can muster up right now.

I have had my fill of rugby for this season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:27 am 

DOB wrote:
And of course my point on the Conway tackle was that it was completely within the laws. Ironically if they'd gone back about 30 seconds before, he did make a blatant round-the-collar tackle on one of the Japanese locks that could well have earned a yellow on its own, but it's just daft that they tied themselves in knots trying to get a pen out of a perfectly good hit.

This.

Surprised they never went back to it - even the commentators mentioned they were amazed.
It looked to be a clear-cut high tackle, nailed on YC, and possibly even a Penalty Try.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:30 am 

redderneck wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Wishful thinking B'Man. This has an air of definitiveness to it.

One thing strikes me as odd is that ordinarily you'd be reluctant to make 2 definitive contract appointments so recently as Fla' & Felix unless you either had some form of commitment from Erasmus to see out the season, rather than just the initial period of it - no incoming Head Coach would want to be saddled with senior appointments like that not of his choosing - or it may very well be, that Lordy, Lordy, Munster & Erasmus are actually handing this transition as professionally as possible, and the incoming HC has already been primed and has given tacit approval to the 2 appointments.

Which would point the finger firmly at ROG IMHO.

Anyhoo - that's about the best 'best case' I can muster up right now.

I have had my fill of rugby for this season.

It's even less definitive than the previous talk about him leaving - there was stuff about him " having told players" and don't buy that it's the indo.

Same Indo that had James Cronin 1000% signing for London Irish and that Danny Barnes was coming back last season - albeit this is higher level.

Rassie will coach South Africa and leave Munster - may well be sooner rather than later but I would be surprised not to have him see out next season. He's been up front about it and also that he is staying for next season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:33 am 

Never believe anything the Indo says until it has been independently reported elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am 

What do we reckon Joe will go with on Saturday? My gut feeling is that he will go close to full strenght and build a lead knowing that the last 20 could be tough.

That may mean no further game time for Ryan, Stockdale or Porter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:28 am 

Yer Man wrote:
DOB wrote:

This.

Surprised they never went back to it - even the commentators mentioned they were amazed.
It looked to be a clear-cut high tackle, nailed on YC, and possibly even a Penalty Try.

Hold on a sec , is this not the tackle he was yellow carded for ? I was sure the TMO was looking at this one because TV coverage kept going back to it . I was watching in a Japanese stream and they were going apeshit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 am 

Conspicuous wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
DOB wrote:

This.

Hold on a sec , is this not the tackle he was yellow carded for ? I was sure the TMO was looking at this one because TV coverage kept going back to it . I was watching in a Japanese stream and they were going apeshit

No, he got YC for perfectly good tackle. They didn't go back to the collar grab.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
DOB wrote:

This.

No, he got YC for perfectly good tackle. They didn't go back to the collar grab.

Fair enough , my bad . Doesn't make much sense so

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:33 am 

Conway's tackle as he chased back was a penalty. It wasn't a massive hit, but he did wind up grabbing the guy by the neck area as he brought him down.
https://youtu.be/rF3uFB7f4m8?t=54m34s

The ref stuck his arm out immediately for that hit and Conway wasn't involved in the phase play after that, so there's nothing else he could have been penalised for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:39 am 

CM11 wrote:
Porterbelly1 wrote:

His argument is no different today than it was yesterday and it's still a pile of shite that he's using to hide behind when the reality is that there was nothing stopping him staying other than his own personal reasons for moving.

You mean telling everyone he's staying and then turning around and packing his bags?

Graceful indeed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:39 am 

So Earls and Conan were good again then? Who else stood out? How did Treadwell do when he came on?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Conway's tackle as he chased back was a penalty. It wasn't a massive hit, but he did wind up grabbing the guy by the neck area as he brought him down.

The ref stuck his arm out immediately for that hit and Conway wasn't involved in the phase play after that, so there's nothing else he could have been penalised for.

That was a fair penalty.

That's not what we're talking about though.

You could argue justice was served as Conway probably should have gone to the bin for that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:42 am 

Porterbelly1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Porterbelly1 wrote:

You mean telling everyone he's staying and then turning around and packing his bags?

Graceful indeed

Let's wait and see. The article is full of speculation and light on facts. It even mentions he might stay the season. Which would fit with his previous comments.

But I was talking about parting shots anyway, as you well know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 am 

Hellraiser wrote:
Never believe anything the Indo says until it has been independently reported elsewhere.

This. It's a rag.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am 

Nolanator wrote:

It's the tackle on 57.03 that he gets the yellow for.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:54 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

It's the tackle on 57.03 that he gets the yellow for.

:thumbup:
I'm tying myself up in knots. I was certain that he'd put in another front on tackle around then. Yeah, that one was marginal, really.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 am 

What's the chances both Treadwell and Ryan start this weekend?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Zero.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:07 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Zero.

Yeah - reading a piece here with Rory O'Loughlin on how the lads on tour aren't guaranteed game time at all - it's all for experience. Think we might see Treadwell ahead of Roux but that would be about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Zero.

Probably but would love to see it, would say they'll both make the 23. Reckon we'll get something along the lines of the side that played USA with maybe one or two younger guys thrown in

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:10 am 

It'd be a shame if Ryan only got the USA game (or Treadwell the first Japan test). Really think he missed a trick there. No need to start Toner and Roux in both of those tests.

Still, their experience on the tour alone will be invaluable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 am 

CM11 wrote:
It'd be a shame if Ryan only got the USA game (or Treadwell the first Japan test). Really think he missed a trick there. No need to start Toner and Roux in both of those tests.

Exactly, I think Ryan will start with Treadwell on the bench

Cooney hasnt had any game time either so i'd expect him to be benching too

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 am 

CM11 wrote:

I think he might well go

Kilcoyne, Tracy, Bealham
Toner, Treadwell
Ruddock, JOD, VDF

Marmion, Jackson
Scannell, Ringrose,
Stockdale, TOH, Earls (just to see him rack up more tries)

Healy, Scannell, Ryan, Roux, Conan/Reidy, Cooney, O'Loughlin, Conway

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 am 

Nolanator wrote:

54:41 - Conway chasing back reaches over the shoulder and grabs the player by the collar. Ref puts his arm out immediately for a high tackle.
Initial contact, 10m from the try line, finally brought down 3m from the try line.
Pretty clear YC and PT for me. Cover isn't getting there.
Ref eventually awards a penalty and does not review the incident.

57:00 - later on after a pen, Japan take a quick tap 5m fromn our line
57:01 - while everyone else is retreating, Conway (from behind the goal line) shoots out and smashes the runner.
57:48 - slow mo replay of Conway with BOTH arms around the player, below shoulder height. One arm later slid up to the back of the head.

Conway should have been YC'd, but for the first incident.
Total bullsh*t call on the one he did get carded for.

Last edited by Yer Man on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:15 am 

Banana Man wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I think he might well go

Kilcoyne, Tracy, Bealham
Toner, Treadwell
Ruddock, JOD, VDF

Marmion, Jackson
Scannell, Ringrose,

Healy, Scannell, Ryan, Roux, Conan, Cooney, O'Loughlin, Conway

Think Ryan will start with Treadwell on the bench. Likewise Porter to bench, but I think Ryan will start at TH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:18 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I think he might well go

Kilcoyne, Tracy, Bealham
Toner, Treadwell
Ruddock, JOD, VDF

Marmion, Jackson
Scannell, Ringrose,

Think Ryan will start with Treadwell on the bench. Likewise Porter to bench, but I think Ryan will start at TH

I honestly doubt we will see Ryan start or be involved. And really doubt we will see Porter.

Ryan has much more chance of starting - 3 starts in a row for James Ryan is unlikely I think - not in that heat.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I think he might well go

Kilcoyne, Tracy, Bealham
Toner, Treadwell
Ruddock, JOD, VDF

Marmion, Jackson
Scannell, Ringrose,

I honestly doubt we will see Ryan start or be involved. And really doubt we will see Porter.

Ryan has much more chance of starting - 3 starts in a row for James Ryan is unlikely I think - not in that heat.

There's too many Ryans here :lol:

Don't see any difference in starting Treadwell or Ryan really, Ryan's got the higher ceiling so think he could start. Lack of caps for Leinster may work against him though. Don't really mind about Porter either but it would be more valuable experience for him than the likes of Bealham coming off the bench

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I think he might well go

Kilcoyne, Tracy, Bealham
Toner, Treadwell
Ruddock, JOD, VDF

Marmion, Jackson
Scannell, Ringrose,

There's too many Ryans here :lol:

Don't see any difference in starting Treadwell or Ryan really, Ryan's got the higher ceiling so think he could start. Lack of caps for Leinster may work against him though. Don't really mind about Porter either but it would be more valuable experience for him than the likes of Bealham coming off the bench

I think just the experience for Porter given he's learning to be a tight head is huge - there's a chance of him getting reamed (the Japanese are good technical scrummagers)

James Ryan is elite -I would love to see him in - just fear we won't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7492, 7493, 7494, 7495, 7496, 7497, 7498 ... 7637  Next