Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8679, 8680, 8681, 8682, 8683, 8684, 8685 ... 8904  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 am 

Surely by definition, having private info should be considered a scoop

It’s hardly a scoop if it’s public information

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 am 

Would much rather reading irua posts than rumham ones, that’s for sure

Munster are going to ruin Beirne at lock instead of letting him operate as a 6 at any stage .... probably for fear he’d take POM’s shirt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:16 am 

redderneck wrote:
A bluffer maybe, and I recall the incident you describe and it was not his finest hour right enough, but he was a bluffer who saved this bluffer from hours of trawling other sources for stuff; frankly an effort I would never bother my hole with, so I for one will miss his contribution.

All the moreso in that it was info on the upcoming generation of players and I have absolutely no "in" to that scene at all, at all.

I agree with all that, fair enough.

He did have value as nobody here has much interest in doing what he did.

Last edited by Rumham on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:36 am 

Just watching the French U20s there.
They have a ridiculous crop of players, really really skillful centres.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 am 

IRUA was an excellent poster and is badly missed around here . Not sure what Rumham’s real issue is with him but it sounds a bit petty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:14 am 

Conspicuous wrote:
IRUA was an excellent poster and is badly missed around here . Not sure what Rumham’s real issue is with him but it sounds a bit petty

He posted info here that he was given privately elsewhere and told not to share publicly. That's poor form and the end of it for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 am 

Floppykid wrote:

Didn't we give them a half decent game to start out with. How did this Irish U20 team fall off a cliff so badly?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 am 

The kiwis are really given a hell of a lot leeway by world rugby. No other nation on earth would get away from the Grosso incident without a citing and suspension.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 am 

Rumham wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Didn't we give them a half decent game to start out with. How did this Irish U20 team fall off a cliff so badly?

They looked shook in that game

it was first game so probably a bundle of nerves.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 am 

rfurlong wrote:
Would much rather reading irua posts than rumham ones, that’s for sure

Munster are going to ruin Beirne at lock instead of letting him operate as a 6 at any stage .... probably for fear he’d take POM’s shirt

You are hilarious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am 

Rumham wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:

He posted info here that he was given privately elsewhere and told not to share publicly. That's poor form and the end of it for me.

Do you not think you’re making a mountain out a molehill though? It’s not like he leaked classified information that put millions of lives at risk . Probably not his finest hour but your reaction seems disproportionate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:30 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
The kiwis are really given a hell of a lot leeway by world rugby. No other nation on earth would get away from the Grosso incident without a citing and suspension.

It's a joke.

The officials should also be sanctioned for how they officiated it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:30 am 

Beirne's a 2nd row and that's where he's needed. Why are people trying to make him out to be a 6?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 am 

I'm sure someone could programme a bot to do exactly what irua did. He was a bit of an odd fish.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 am 

Diego wrote:
I'm sure someone could programme a bot to do exactly what irua did. He was a bit of an odd fish.

Not really on the first one and yes but who isn’t around here on the second

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 am 

MVP just told me in a PM that Fester is leading out on Munsters Academy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 am 

I hear there is a massive row brewing between Donnybrook and the IRFU in relation to JC. Leinster are insisting he is going nowhere as he still has a year to run on his contract. He has signed nothing with Munster..... Interesting times.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 am 

Diego wrote:

If someone could program that bot it would be great because it was interesting/useful.

I think you've just volunteered yourself. Hop to it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:35 am 

danthefan wrote:
Diego wrote:

If someone could program that bot it would be great because it was interesting/useful.

I am not the person you want to do anything techy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 am 

Diego wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Diego wrote:

I am not the person you want to do anything techy.

We're only asking you to cog stuff from others and pretend it's your own work.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am 

The Sun God wrote:
I hear there is a massive row brewing between Donnybrook and the IRFU in relation to JC. Leinster are insisting he is going nowhere as he still has a year to run on his contract. He has signed nothing with Munster..... Interesting times.

I'd be surprised if he didn't go but they're possibly looking for some sort of compensation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am 

alliswell wrote:
Beirne's a 2nd row and that's where he's needed. Why are people trying to make him out to be a 6?

Because that's where he's played half his minutes (well, split between 6 and 8) this season and excelled there. He's also a bit lightweight for lock and we're up against a heavy pack.

He'll be a lock going forward so no one is trying to turn him into a 6 as such but his skillset is far more suited to the position.

Last edited by CM11 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:02 am 

The Sun God wrote:

A row between a little school kid and a pro boxer. Leinster have sweet FA chance of winning

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 am 

CM11 wrote:
alliswell wrote:

Because that's where he's played half his minutes (well, split between 6 and 8) this season and excelled there. He's also a bit lightweight for lock and we're up against a heavy pack.

He'll be a lock going forward so no one is trying to turn him into a 6 as such but his skillset is far suited to the position.

So half his minutes at 2nd row and considerably less than half his minutes at 6. What is it about his skill set that you think makes him better suited to 6 than the 2nd row?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 am 

alliswell wrote:
CM11 wrote:
alliswell wrote:

He'll be a lock going forward so no one is trying to turn him into a 6 as such but his skillset is far suited to the position.

So half his minutes at 2nd row and considerably less than half his minutes at 6. What is it about his skill set that you think makes him better suited to 6 than the 2nd row?

He's tall?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 am 

CM11 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

I'd be surprised if he didn't go but they're possibly looking for some sort of compensation.

That was my first thought as well and it is probably how events will pan out but Leinster are seriously pissed about the whole episode and do not want to lose him .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 am 

sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

A row between a little school kid and a pro boxer. Leinster have sweet FA chance of winning

Fcuk off...I am talking to the grown ups.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am 

danthefan wrote:
Diego wrote:

Irua was one of the more useful posters on this forum. He also knew his shit about rugby and there aren't a huge number in that category.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 am 

alliswell wrote:
CM11 wrote:
alliswell wrote:

He's an excellent wide carrier, has good ball handling skills, good defender and obviously brilliant over the ball. If you were looking to describe what you wanted in a backrower, you wouldn't go far wrong pointing at him.

The reason players his height get put in the second row is because they're not agile enough to play backrow or they lack some basic backrow skills. And I'm not saying he can't be a decent lock and bring those skills just that he seems a bit light for the position. Munster apparently are going to bulk him up and we'll see what happens then but he could be another in a long list of Leinster locks who are tall enough but whose game suffers massively when asked to get to fighting lock weight.

It's an opinion I have that he could be world class as a 6 and I've accepted that he's not going to be developed there. I'm really not sure why you're coming down on me for having that opinion?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 am 

Looks like an Irish Fardy tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:24 am 

Very naïve by Sexton thinking that Oz wouldn’t use Folau in the air so much.
He’s deluded also if he thinks there was any contest, Folau was unplayable.
If they had just kicked the ball over our try line he would have scored each time.
I guess he’s putting the teams best foot forward.

http://www.the42.ie/andy-farrell-irelan ... 8-Jun2018/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 am 

Latest in the Luke Fitz punitry updates:

Sean Cronin has been the best hooker in the country for the last three years. Best is a good lad and a good player, but is only there because he's the captain.

*sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 am 

The Sun God wrote:

Leinster Rugby (the professional sports body) is wholly owned by the IRFU. The Leinster Branch IRFU is just that, a branch of the IRFU with the job of organising both the amateur game and supporting the professional game.

As such if the IRFU want something it is within their power to do it. The Ulster board did not want Jackson sacked or Olding sacked, it voted overwhelmingly to keep them (only Logan voted against) and the IRFU revoked the contracts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 am 

Nolanator wrote:

Sean Cronin has been the best hooker in the country for the last three years. Best is a good lad and a good player, but is only there because he's the captain.

*sigh*

Are you tired?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am 

Nolanator wrote:

*sigh*

Recent former player thinks recent former team mates are great.

See also, D'Arcy, Ferris etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Leinster Rugby (the professional sports body) is wholly owned by the IRFU. The Leinster Branch IRFU is just that, a branch of the IRFU with the job of organising both the amateur game and supporting the professional game.

As such if the IRFU want something it is within their power to do it. The Ulster board did not want Jackson sacked or Olding sacked, it voted overwhelmingly to keep them (only Logan voted against) and the IRFU revoked the contracts.

Do you have a weekly quota to hit or something?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 am 

Flametop wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

*sigh*

Are you tired?

Was listening on my walk in.

Apparently Schmidt, while being an excellent coach, is a poor selector and has his favourites/blind spots. I feel like Lukey isn't best mates with Daverage.

Earl, ah I know. Just can't understand how someone who played with him doesn't rate Best. Guess it's a winger rating front rows, so not all surprising.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:32 am 

The Sun God wrote:

I'd presume that the player contracts actually allow the IRFU to move players about. It'd be fairly remiss of them not to at this point in time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Separate corporate personhood means that companies within one group can theoretically sue each other. Without knowing the corporate structure of the IRFU, it's impossible to say if the IRFU can just tell them what to do.

Indeed, though rare, separate branches of the State can sue each other.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

*sigh*

Are you tired?

Was listening on my walk in.

Apparently Schmidt, while being an excellent coach, is a poor selector and has his favourites/blind spots. I feel like Lukey isn't best mates with Daverage.

I met a guy a few years ago that I went to school with. We were chatting about how we were rivals for the same position and the effect that had on school life and friendships etc.
He pretty much said that we were enemies at the time. 😀
Nice chap.

I guess Luke felt that Dave should not have started against Argentina.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 356125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8679, 8680, 8681, 8682, 8683, 8684, 8685 ... 8904  Next