Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8451, 8452, 8453, 8454, 8455, 8456, 8457 ... 8488  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
I had heard that the success of the Firday nights had brought some of the wrong sort to Ravers.

Same as some of the loons on LF. If you're not a member of a club you're not a rugby man. It's that simple and all this season ticket stuff can ask me bollix.

Most club people don't have season tickets given the inevitable clash of fixtures.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:
McFadden is the worst attacking winger Leinster have. I don't see how that's even arguable.

Yet only Lowe and Larmour (I assume, can't get his stats) have more clean breaks this season, go figure.

Btw, Dave Kearney thanks you for the vote of confidence.

I thought Ferg's performances this season had clearly put to bed the McFadden vs Daverage debate from last year. Obviously not. Some people just won't admit they're wrong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:29 pm 

Diego wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
I had heard that the success of the Firday nights had brought some of the wrong sort to Ravers.

Same as some of the loons on LF. If you're not a member of a club you're not a rugby man. It's that simple and all this season ticket stuff can ask me bollix.

Most club people don't have season tickets given the inevitable clash of fixtures.

Leinster Rugby still on Sundays.

It's only AIL that clashes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Diego wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Club matches in Ulster are generally on Saturdays.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:30 pm 

hermie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:
McFadden is the worst attacking winger Leinster have. I don't see how that's even arguable.

Yet only Lowe and Larmour (I assume, can't get his stats) have more clean breaks this season, go figure.

Btw, Dave Kearney thanks you for the vote of confidence.

I thought Ferg's performances this season had clearly put to bed the McFadden vs Daverage debate from last year. Obviously not. Some people just won't admit they're wrong

You'd wonder if Dave Kearney will even get a new contract at this rate. He seems to be a break glass in case of emergency selection these days.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Diego wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I guess I was talking about my own experiences. There's pretty much zero overlap in the people who regularly go to Leinster games and go down to the Brook of a Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:32 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Diego wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

And your games are mostly Friday so it's grand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

There's aspects of a FF manifesto I find disconcertingly appealing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 pm 

redderneck wrote:
Sighs and wonders how different things might have been if people had been anal enough to put together rucks hit and clean recycled stats for Ian Dowling.

He'd probably have been a Lion's tourist at least.

Throw in tackles spun and Jaysus, he'd still be earning money in France.

Thank fudge stats isn’t from Munster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:40 pm 

I see no action against Folau by the ARU after he said all gays were going to hell despite Sponsors kicking off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
I see no action against Folau by the ARU after he said all gays were going to hell despite Sponsors kicking off.

Not quite the same thing champ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 pm 

Their best player.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:45 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

Not really the same is it? Folau is a big name player, guaranteed to bring people through the gates and one of the biggest superstars in Australian sport.

Also, who said the world had to be consistent? Although you might be pushing the conspiracy angle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:46 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

No, it's much worse. Describing a sexual position vs telling a community they will go to hell. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

I heard a few people pointed out a bit of hypocrisy in Quantas. But no one in the media here, North or South questioned the cheek of BOI in lecturing anyone on ethics.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:48 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Yeah, what Folau said was in a public forum and was far, far more offensive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:49 pm 

We really shouldn't be comparing the two situations.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:51 pm 

Diego wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I do.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:52 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Diego wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Youths all on Saturdays except when big Leinster games are on such as this Saturday when they get moved to Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:53 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Yeah, what Folau said was in a public forum and was far, far more offensive.

Nah, it’s his religious view. It’s mad but he has the right to his religious view. I’m not defending the sacking of the Ulster lads but it is different.

SASP wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

I heard a few people pointed out a bit of hypocrisy in Quantas. But no one in the media here, North or South questioned the cheek of BOI in lecturing anyone on ethics.

Not quite true.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 37650.html

I had seen a few other mentions.

SASP wrote:

Absolutely - completely different situations.

Earl, even though Olding and Jackson are completely innocent, there was an awful lot of 'dirty laundry' (and not just the actual stuff) brought out in public in the court case. And like it or not this (and not just the WhatsApp comments) has hugely affected the way people, including sponsers think about the situation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
SASP wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

Not quite true.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 37650.html

I had seen a few other mentions.

I hadn't seen that. I stand corrected.
I personally see both sides. It hurts as an Ulster fan to lose the two players but I don't think the IRFU had much choice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Winnie I don't think what I read on UAFC was hilarious once I went into it. Worst thing about what I read on was nobody, not one person, on the threads I saw said ' nope that is too much'. You need to stop being an apologist for awful behaviour. We can't change Willie because he is a thick as pig shit farmer.

That's because most decent and right-thinking people don't venture on there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:57 pm 

Yeah if UR / IRFU decision had gone the other way, you'd probably have the same people bemoaning the lack of income down the line. Difficult decision to make, but ultimately money talks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
SASP wrote:

Absolutely - completely different situations.

Earl, even though Olding and Jackson are completely innocent, there was an awful lot of 'dirty laundry' (and not just the actual stuff) brought out in public in the court case. And like it or not this (and not just the WhatsApp comments) has hugely affected the way people, including sponsers think about the situation.

Yeah its deeper than just sponsors. Its thinking 10 years down the line, will this affect the playing numbers?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:58 pm 

Israel was expressing a religious view.

The law is very clear about sacking people for that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:03 pm 

Fritz Lung wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
UAFC's back up, and Jesus H Christ it's absolute madness, seriously pathetic stuff like talking about handing their shirts in to Bank of Ireland branches and Vodafone shops.

I threw a bin bag full of 30 years of Ireland and Ulster Rugby merchandise over the locked back gate
of Ravenhill on Saturday afternoon. I won't be back to Ravenhill till Logan is gone especially after his
arrogant interview on bbc1 last night. I will not be back to Aviva either.

I don't think I'm being pathetic, I'm a 60 year old passionate rugby supporter with a valid objection to the dross in charge of my beloved provincial rugby team. I've supported UR since my teens and there's plenty more up here feel like me.

By the way we're not religious, sectarian bigots either.

Fly tipping and proud of it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:10 pm 

UAFC is an absolute lunatic fringe. It's also an echo chamber because nobody with more than 2 brain cells bothers to post there, which means there is nobody to tell any of them to wise up and they just work themselves into a lather.

Folau is entitled to believe in whatever imaginary sky person he chooses and publish what he believes. The fact that he thinks the imaginary sky person will send the gays to an imaginary purgatory is a bit unfortunate.

The whole PC movement is veering dangerously away from a respect for how people choose to live their own lives, towards an expectation that it should be possible to dictate how people live their lives and express their views.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:11 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

So were Ashers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm 

I reckon Folau was on Ulsters hit-list if the ARU let him go. Teaming up with Cipriani.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:20 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

So were Ashers

Ashers were done for discriminating against a gay man, there was legislation involved concerning refusal to provide a service.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:22 pm 

ARU could just go for sponsorship from Coopers.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/pubs-bo ... uxbk8.html

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

So were Ashers

Equality legislation says they can’t discriminate in the provision of services, but they are still free to hold whatever view they want. So basically another f**king dumb straw man load of bollox thick as pig shit sorry everready you were right post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

So were Ashers

Ashers were done for discriminating against a gay man, there was legislation involved concerning refusal to provide a service.

They refused because of the message on the cake not because the customer was gay tbf.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:27 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

He said gay people would go to a fictional place. Its not all that upsetting. .

I hear that Nucifora has blocked Ulster signing an NIQ 10 as he wants an IQ option developed.

FML.

CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.

Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.

McFadden has scored twice this season and they were both in that Ulster game. So if that's what you mean by middle of the season then sure thing.

As for your second point. If Henshaw is available the wingers would either be Nacewa and Lowe or Nacewa and McFadden. So no, you need to compare Lowe and McFadden because it's that's the selection decision.

Edit, it's 2 tries and 2 assists vs 9 tries and 5 assists. Not actually true my arse :lol:

Sigh.

McFadden was making breaks, beating defenders and generally playing very well in attack in the middle part of the season which is why most felt he deserved to be in the Six Nations squad even if they wanted Larmour picked ahead of him.

I never said he was comparable to Lowe, just that he was in good attacking form.

In terms of comparing our backline v Saracens to the backline that has to start this weekend because of McGrath's injury then yes, it is Nacewa that gets compared, not McFadden. I imagine if McGrath makes it then Henshaw will bench.

What. The. Fück.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Diego wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

And your games are mostly Friday so it's grand

European games generally on Saturdays tbf (not that we'll have any clashes next year what with playing on thursday nights.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
UAFC is an absolute lunatic fringe. It's also an echo chamber because nobody with more than 2 brain cells bothers to post there, which means there is nobody to tell any of them to wise up and they just work themselves into a lather.

Folau is entitled to believe in whatever imaginary sky person he chooses and publish what he believes. The fact that he thinks the imaginary sky person will send the gays to an imaginary purgatory is a bit unfortunate.

The whole PC movement is veering dangerously away from a respect for how people choose to live their own lives, towards an expectation that it should be possible to dictate how people live their lives and express their views.

Don't mean to be pedantic but purgatory is a Catholic concept. Folau is some variation of Pentecostal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8451, 8452, 8453, 8454, 8455, 8456, 8457 ... 8488  Next