Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8450, 8451, 8452, 8453, 8454, 8455, 8456 ... 8746  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am 

danthefan wrote:
So what wasn't actually true then?

That in his own right McFadden wasn't creating anything this season. He has had his best season in ages in that regard. He's not just running into players. He's beating defenders and making breaks.

It's a given that Lowe will be a loss. I've gone on record that I think he's so important that I'd start McCarthy and bench Rock just so he could play. This really wasn't about saying McFadden would compensate, as I've made clear throughout.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:46 am 

CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:

That in his own right McFadden wasn't creating anything this season. He has had his best season in ages in that regard. He's not just running into players. He's beating defenders and making breaks.

It's a given that Lowe will be a loss. I've gone on record that I think he's so important that I'd start McCarthy and bench Rock just so he could play. This really wasn't about saying McFadden would compensate, as I've made clear throughout.

Sigh.

Would you mind actually answering the question?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:48 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:49 am 

Leinsterman wrote:

We need a distraction from the Nordies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am 

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Sigh.

Eh I did. McFadden has created tries. Unless you think beating defenders and making breaks is irrelevant to the whole try scoring process.

Look, I was defending McFadden's attacking, albeit a bit with faint praise, I wasn't trying to argue he was as good as Lowe in attack. I said it's fair enough if you disagree with that a few posts back, you could just have agreed to disagree then.

Last edited by CM11 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am 

Winnie I don't think what I read on UAFC was hilarious once I went into it. Worst thing about what I read on was nobody, not one person, on the threads I saw said ' nope that is too much'. You need to stop being an apologist for awful behaviour. We can't change Willie because he is a thick as pig shit farmer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:53 am 

McFadden is the worst attacking winger Leinster have. I don't see how that's even arguable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 am 

Diego wrote:
McFadden is the worst attacking winger Leinster have. I don't see how that's even arguable.

Stats is going to hunt you down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 am 

danthefan wrote:
Diego wrote:

Stats is going to hunt you down.

Sigh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:58 am 

Diego wrote:

Yet only Lowe and Larmour (I assume, can't get his stats) have more clean breaks this season, go figure.

Btw, Dave Kearney thanks you for the vote of confidence.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:59 am 

CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:

Yet only Lowe and Larmour (I assume, can't get his stats) have more clean breaks this season, go figure.

I'll have the clean break stats with minutes played please.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Conn wrote:
Have any Leinster and Munster boredies booked Bilbao yet?

Had a look at flights. Complete rip off at this stage, even to Santander. You'd probably be best flying to Madrid on Friday and bus/train up as soon as you arrive.

Can fly in and out of Gijon for 290 which is the only remotely affordable fights I can see.

Can you fly to Gijon? Skyscanner kept directing me to Asturias but that was with a layover in Stanstead. About €50+ then for a bus from the airport to Bilbao (at some unpleasant times)

My dad was talking about flying to Vigo, I told him he was out of his tree.

I think it might just be more practical to fly to Sheremetyevo and then wait for Vladimir to send his tanks West, then hitch a ride.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm 

Diego wrote:

He's also good for one defensive howler per game usually, yet he doesn't seem to get as much stick for it as Lowe or Larmour for example.

It's depressing that he's starting such a big game, at the start of the season I thought Adam Byrne might have kicked on and pushed Ferg out of the team by this stage.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm 

Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:

Maybe we could have tries, assists, metres gained and defenders beaten as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm 

Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:

Still the same.

McFadden has 14 clean breaks (Lowe has 18, can't find Larmour, as I said). Only Daly is in double digits and close with 13 but has played marginally more minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:

Still the same.

McFadden has 14 clean breaks (Lowe has 18, can't find Larmour, as I said). Only Daly is in double digits and close with 13 but has played marginally more minutes.

And a shitload more tries and I'm guessing metres gained.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:06 pm 

Daly has 12 tries this season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:08 pm 

Sighs and wonders how different things might have been if people had been anal enough to put together rucks hit and clean recycled stats for Ian Dowling.

He'd probably have been a Lion's tourist at least.

Throw in tackles spun and Jaysus, he'd still be earning money in France.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm 

Picking on a loyal servant of Leinster is very uncouth. I'm dusting off the list.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:10 pm 

Winnie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Winnie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Outrage. Laughing our winning holes off you mean

Says a lot to be fair

Winnie I took 5 minutes out to read two threads on UAFC. Besides the aforementioned stuff there is people saying that won't support 'that' team as in Ireland, referring to Tommy Bowe as Timmy and insulting him etc etc. Did it ever occur to you that you are the problem not everybody else?

I dont post on UAFC
Some of that is over the top but perhaps some on here are looking for outrage (I mean jumping to conclusions about what the F means in FIRFU, and Timmy rather than Tommy, they are beside each other on the keyboard or it could be an autocorrect, it just shows that each support has its own lunatic fringe)

People are angry, people when they are angry lash out thats why on game threads on here mods cut some slack on those threads

If you think its hilarious that what should be one of the powerhouses of Irish rugby is in a state then you need perhaps to have a word with yourself

Firstly, I didn't jump to conclusions about what the F stood for. I asked the QUESTION as to whether it stood for 'fenian'

Secondly, given the bile on display (sectarian IRFU, republican wimmin, timmy bowe, D4 bigots etc) from even a cursory glance of a single thread on UAFC, is it any wonder that I asked the question about the F?

At some point, Ulster supporters like you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that you are your own worst enemy. Every rugby supporter in Ireland outside Ulster wants you guys to be successful. Stop being a dick with this southern conspiracy bolloxology and take a look in the mirror.

Real Ulster and Irish rugby fans would be on UAFC telling those cvnts to shut the fvck up ...... not bitching about their imaginary mistreatment at the hands of themmuns

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 pm 

stats it’s okay to be wrong

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Winnie I don't think what I read on UAFC was hilarious once I went into it. Worst thing about what I read on was nobody, not one person, on the threads I saw said ' nope that is too much'. You need to stop being an apologist for awful behaviour. We can't change Willie because he is a thick as pig shit farmer.

Because I have a different opinion to you, doesn't mean I'm a thick as pig shit person.

BTW, you're no Einstein yourself. Keep me out of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 pm 

Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:

Still the same.

And a shitload more tries and I'm guessing metres gained.

Daly is a great finisher. I'd have had him ahead of McFadden in the first part of the season and wouldn't have a problem with him ahead of him now but he's generated most of his stats in the league with only 2 appearances in Europe. Half of McFadden's starts are in Europe.

In general, I'd have had McFadden well behind in the pecking order at the start of the season but he earned his place in the starting 15 with his performances in Europe and not just because he was good at running into people.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:14 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
stats it’s okay to be wrong

Second time you've made a pointless post and you haven't even answered my reply to the first one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:16 pm 

EverReady wrote:

The hypocrisy in this post is baffling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm 

Willie Falloon wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Because I have a different opinion to you, doesn't mean I'm a thick as pig shit person.

Willie isn’t thick he’s just mental. PTSD, siege mentality whatever it is, it’ll take a few generations to fully get over it

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Daly is a great finisher. I'd have had him ahead of McFadden in the first part of the season and wouldn't have a problem with him ahead of him now but he's generated most of his stats in the league with only 2 appearances in Europe. Half of McFadden's starts are in Europe.

In general, I'd have had McFadden well behind in the pecking order at the start of the season but he earned his place in the starting 15 with his performances in Europe and not just because he was good at running into people.

Go on then, what are his stats?

And I'd be willing to bet that very sizable percentage of Ferg's came in that one win against a fúcking useless Ulster,

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 pm 

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Sigh.

Yeah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Sigh.

Yeah

I've answered it. Several times.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Willie isn’t thick he’s just mental. PTSD, siege mentality whatever it is, it’ll take a few generations to fully get over it

I think they can see me. Try and distract them while I run

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:21 pm 

Stay down Statto

Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:

And I'd be willing to bet that very sizable percentage of Ferg's came in that one win against a fúcking useless Ulster,

Two of his tries and one of his assists came in that match, for the record.

CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.

Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.

No you haven’t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 pm 

Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Daly has 3 more defenders beaten and 577m to Ferg's 484m.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:23 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.

Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.

No you haven’t

Yes, yes I have.

Anyway, got to go. I'd like to say it's been fun.......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:24 pm 

I had heard that the success of the Firday nights had brought some of the wrong sort to Ravers.

Same as some of the loons on LF. If you're not a member of a club you're not a rugby man. It's that simple and all this season ticket stuff can ask me bollix.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:25 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Daly has 3 more defenders beaten and 577m to Ferg's 484m.

And how many of McFadden's two tries, two assists, 484m and (?) defenders beaten came at home against Ulster?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
I had heard that the success of the Firday nights had brought some of the wrong sort to Ravers.

Same as some of the loons on LF. If you're not a member of a club you're not a rugby man. It's that simple and all this season ticket stuff can ask me bollix.

Oh really

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Oh really

Gospel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:27 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Oh really

Gospel

We need Fatfingers back

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8450, 8451, 8452, 8453, 8454, 8455, 8456 ... 8746  Next