Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7977, 7978, 7979, 7980, 7981, 7982, 7983 ... 9086  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:08 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Personally, I find the booing to be excellent craic.

It does seem something the crowd there enjoy. On my one visit to Ravenhill there was a heap of booing but no real malice behind it.

I think it's stupid and classless and instantly despise anyone engaging in it but it's been a while since I've attended a game of professional rugby and not despised at least 3 of the 8 people in my immediate vicinity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm 

a leinster u19 youth side lost 52-0 to st. michaels college yesterday in donnybrook.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:21 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
a leinster u19 youth side lost 52-0 to st. michaels college yesterday in donnybrook.

Flip me, that shouldn't be happening.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

not surprising though given they are a rep side who have just came together for one game against potentially the best schools side in the country who have been playing and training together for months.

still not a great scoreline to see..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 pm 

It happens at all the other provincial grounds as well, we are just better at it.

It's nice to know that there is an area where Ulster Rugby currently excel.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 pm 

alliswell wrote:

It does seem something the crowd there enjoy. On my one visit to Ravenhill there was a heap of booing but no real malice behind it.

I think it's stupid and classless and instantly despise anyone engaging in it but it's been a while since I've attended a game of professional rugby and not despised at least 3 of the 8 people in my immediate vicinity.

Some go a bit far though and actually abuse the coaches and squad members that are in earshot.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:35 pm 

Looks like Chris Farrell is back in training, might have to be thrown onto the bench this weekend unless Sammy has a good legal team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:47 pm 

redderneck wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:
I've had a pop at some of the boo boys in King Ravens.

It's a poor show.

At what point did TOD go off? I don't remember what was happening as he left the field.

I wasn't referring to that incident nor was I at that game.

However 64th Minute when TOD went off.

Some stuff is OTT and there's definitely an element of drunken twats, but since the Payne card a lot of it is panto booing.

For TOD going off I would have thought it was more Whycherly coming back on out of the bin?

That was exactly what I thought the booing was for too Earl. And every crowd going gives a returning proud wearer of the yellow ribbon a bit of a doing. TODWASNT the intended recipient.

Nothing in it lads. Rewind the necks.

Jumper, and now a few others it seem, have some sand in their vaginas so don't expect the facts to change anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:53 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

not surprising though given they are a rep side who have just came together for one game against potentially the best schools side in the country who have been playing and training together for months.

Mentioned it a few pages back ...... was at it and it was ridiculously one sided.

I don’t think familiarity/lack of familiarity explains it ..... each of the Michaels pack physically dominated their opposite number far too easily from where I sat

I think Trevor hogan is the Leinster coach? He has some questions to answer based on that performance.

The Michaels no.5 was very good ..... stole lineouts, wrecked mauls, smashed ball carriers and made loads of meters in contact

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:07 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Mentioned it a few pages back ...... was at it and it was ridiculously one sided.

I don’t think familiarity/lack of familiarity explains it ..... each of the Michaels pack physically dominated their opposite number far too easily from where I sat

I think Trevor hogan is the Leinster coach? He has some questions to answer based on that performance.

The Michaels no.5 was very good ..... stole lineouts, wrecked mauls, smashed ball carriers and made loads of meters in contact

lack of familiarity has to play a part combined with michaels being more talented, better conditioned and probably better coached.

dunno how hogan got that job, well i could guess..

yeah thats ryan baird, probably biggest talent on the team which is saying a lot. played u19 for leinster last interpros while eligible for u18 schools. who he captained the year before as a u17.

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm 

3 week ban for Arnold. Misses European games.

Seems harsh enough. But thems the breaks.

Farrell possibly fit thankfully.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
3 week ban for Arnold. Misses European games.

Seems harsh enough. But thems the breaks.

Farrell possibly fit thankfully.

Very harsh. If thats mid-range, Healy should have been top-range and Tuilagi should have been low-range.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:41 pm 

Lads he got a straight red and there were no mitigating circumstances.

You look at what they will have looked at, he was at pace, he was high, he made contact with the neck. Under today's interpretations it had to be a ban, 3 weeks seems reasonable imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:51 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

You look at what they will have looked at, he was at pace, he was high, he made contact with the neck. Under today's interpretations it had to be a ban, 3 weeks seems reasonable imo.

Plus he had a high shot on the same player a minute previous to that, Sammy Boy was buzzin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:07 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

It's Jumper.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:23 pm 

danthefan wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

It's Jumper.

How Healy's deliberate shoulder to the head of an exposed player and Arnold's accidental high tackle can be considered the same level of offense is what's wrong with the system.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:10 pm 

Doris for the U20s would have been fairly highly rated yes? Just saw he's out of the 6N.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:11 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Doris for the U20s would have been fairly highly rated yes? Just saw he's out of the 6N.

yes potentially best player and captain.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 pm 

I see Munster have Ben Whitehouse for the last European game, hopefully the crowd can make him shit the bed.
Actually,I’ll call it now, he’ll be hard on Munster in the first half and then switch over.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:38 pm 

danthefan wrote:
He wasn't off for foul play

Irrespective of that there’s no way ToD was booed off. Watching it back I can tell you exactly why there was booing. It was perceived (correctly albeit not unreasonably) that the munster players were taking too long in walking to take the kick off.

I know this because around me there was one or two shouting at the ref to hurry it up. Don’t get me wrong I don’t particularly like the bandwagoners but everyone has them. Some guy gave my son a flag to which I thought ‘decent bloke’ then I noticed he wasn’t leading that bloody ‘everywhere we go’ chant that I f**king hate. It’s a lot of panto booing but if it helps these muppets get behind the team at silly and imagined slights (it did vs Connacht too) and puts pressure on opposing teams and refs then so be it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Irrespective of that there’s no way ToD was booed off. Watching it back I can tell you exactly why there was booing. It was perceived (correctly albeit not unreasonably) that the munster players were taking too long in walking to take the kick off.

I know this because around me there was one or two shouting at the ref to hurry it up. Don’t get me wrong I don’t particularly like the bandwagoners but everyone has them. Some guy gave my son a flag to which I thought ‘decent bloke’ then I noticed he wasn’t leading that bloody ‘everywhere we go’ chant that I f**king hate. It’s a lot of panto booing but if it helps these muppets get behind the team at silly and imagined slights (it did vs Connacht too) and puts pressure on opposing teams and refs then so be it.

every Munster player that went off injured was clapped off by the Main stand.

Sammy got a bit of a going over though ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:45 pm 

Sammy got a going over because as much as the tackle was high he got into with mcCloskey after the try which was why Cooney couldn’t take the kick immediately. Happened right in front of the ref, McCloskey gave him a shove and Arnold followed him about ten yards to have a go back. Earls came out and I think sensed the trouble Arnold was in and brought him back in. Was really good captaincy I thought but unfortunately for him the delay (along with herring grumbling) let the TMO get in the refs ear.

I would also say most of the ones around me wouldn’t have known Arnold ever played for ulster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
I see Munster have Ben Whitehouse for the last European game, hopefully the crowd can make him shit the bed.
Actually,I’ll call it now, he’ll be hard on Munster in the first half and then switch over.

I've honestly tried (but probably failed) not to complain too much about refs recently but our Ben is just not up to it imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:58 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Given the injury list it’s going to take a big push to qualify. Arnold was stupid. It was an unnecessary one. The 3rd game of that is the killer. That’s the game where you cement things. Hopefully Farrell will be ok. I see them mentioning grobler and goggin as being close in the next few weeks aswel.

Tbh I’m less worried about the form at this stage. We were unstoppable at this stage last year and ballixed by April. Hopefully they’ll have done a bit of work on peaking at the right time

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:00 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

I've honestly tried (but probably failed) not to complain too much about refs recently but our Ben is just not up to it imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

All provinces have a small bunch of bandwagoning clowns who can’t/won’t behave. Sadly we need them all as paying customers to pay the players n stay competitive. Won’t be missed by irfu that there’s been full houses all round at all the Xmas derby’s (this weekend excepted) despite the away team generally putting out a rather weakened team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

All provinces have a small bunch of bandwagoning clowns who can’t/won’t behave. Sadly we need them all as paying customers to pay the players n stay competitive. Won’t be missed by irfu that there’s been full houses all round at all the Xmas derby’s (this weekend excepted) despite the away team generally putting out a rather weakened team.

Apparently best, Hendo and Stockdale will be used this weekend. Can see the logic in Rory getting gametime but not sure the others need it and given we need two wins to qualify it seems bizarre and unnecessary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 pm 

Kiss is under pressure. Arnold and Munster collectively losing their minds has given him some breathing room. At 50 mins we’d should have been home and hosed with the bp.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:15 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Apparently best, Hendo and Stockdale will be used this weekend. Can see the logic in Rory getting gametime but not sure the others need it and given we need two wins to qualify it seems bizarre and unnecessary

I would give them all 30 minutes at the end of the game just to get them back up to speed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:17 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Kiss is under pressure. Arnold and Munster collectively losing their minds has given him some breathing room. At 40 mins we’d should have been home and hosed with the bp.

Fixed. Overthrown lineout just before the break.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:18 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

First fifteen need a run out together given the recent chopping and changing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm 

CM11 wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

First fifteen need a run out together given the recent chopping and changing.

Don’t think Henry, Cooney or Treadwell are available. Hopefully we see Hendo in the row and leave the likes of Jones where he is. Can only help him appreciate where they need to get to.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 pm 

not sure all the criticism of Kiss is warranted...

thats as bad a group of tight forwards we've seen in the provinces in a number of years imo. best has barely been fit this year and hendo cant play every game. the fact that herring is the most notable tight forward after that should be a clue

every other game they're going to get smoked up front. very hard to win like that

i've said before. they need to be moving heaven and earth to get the likes of Dooley/byrne from Leinster to pair with Moore. I'd even be looking at Bent whos become a serviceable TH

you cant blame Kiss for Coetzee's being permacrocked, nor can you blame him for the Jackson/olding issues. thats 3 serious players out long term

have some perspective ulsterfans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 pm 

harry 22 wrote:

thats as bad a group of tight forwards we've seen in the provinces in a number of years imo. best has barely been fit this year and hendo cant play every game. the fact that herring is the most notable tight forward after that should be a clue

every other game they're going to get smoked up front. very hard to win like that

i've said before. they need to be moving heaven and earth to get the likes of Dooley/byrne from Leinster to pair with Moore. I'd even be looking at Bent whos become a serviceable TH

you cant blame Kiss for Coetzee's being permacrocked, nor can you blame him for the Jackson/olding issues. thats 3 serious players out long term

He’s had 3/4 years in charge in which we have significantly regressed each year and the facet of play for which he is responsible is appalling. He’s the guy that signed off on Deysel and VDM. He’s also the guy that threw two props who hadn’t a game in 2 months in together against munster. He certainly has had a poor hand and he is by no means the only issue but he is part of the problem.

He would also have a European QF in his pocket had he picked the first XV away at oyonnax a couple of years ago but he didn’t and it took a miraculous comeback for us to get the win when the TBP would have seen us in Europe’s quarters. He hasn’t helped himself.

Last edited by DiscoHips D'Arcy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 pm 

harry 22 wrote:

I think the problem with Kiss is his personality, his motivational skills and actually his defensive coaching

So, imagine how a typical Ulsterman presents himself and talks and then we are seeing this cub run about with an american style baseball hat and talking complete and utter shit in interviews. He needs to act a bit more like McLaughlin...

He keeps chopping and changing his sides, last week he played a FB at 13 and a 13 at 12 FFS. :roll:

Last edited by Willie Falloon on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
harry 22 wrote:

He’s had 3/4 years in charge in which we have significantly regressed each year and the facet of play for which he is responsible is appalling. He’s the guy that signed off on Deysel and VDM. He’s also the guy that threw two props who hadn’t a game in 2 months in together against munster. He certainly has had a poor hand and he is by no means the only issue but he is part of the problem.

theres probably a bit of the MOCopolypse about it. wrong man at the wrong time

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:48 pm 

Willie Falloon wrote:
harry 22 wrote:

I think the problem with Kiss is his personality, his motivational skills and actually his defensive coaching

So, imagine how a typical Ulsterman presents himself and talks and then we are seeing this cub run about with an american style baseball hat and talking complete and utter shit in interviews. He needs to act a bit more like McLaughlin...

He keeps chopping and changing his sides, last week he played a FB at 13 and a 13 at 12 FFS. :roll:

And where did that get McLaughlin?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 pm 

themaddog wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
harry 22 wrote:

More popular than Les.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 pm 

themaddog wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
harry 22 wrote:

Precisely the reason Kiss shouldn’t be the only one with his head on the block. Logan is front and centre when things are going well and nowhere to be seen now. I’m still not sure why we need both Kiss and Cunningham and would much rather have an additional coach.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
harry 22 wrote:

He would also have a European QF in his pocket had he picked the first XV away at oyonnax a couple of years ago but he didn’t and it took a miraculous comeback for us to get the win when the TBP would have seen us in Europe’s quarters. He hasn’t helped himself.

Kiss is actually only in the job just over 2 years. This is his second full season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7977, 7978, 7979, 7980, 7981, 7982, 7983 ... 9086  Next