Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8196, 8197, 8198, 8199, 8200, 8201, 8202 ... 8988  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:39 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Was Hendy just rested given he played the 80 against France and the game was won?

Joe had 35 on the spread on Saturday, and we were 28-0 up at HT.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:52 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
CM11 wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Was Hendy just rested given he played the 80 against France and the game was won?

Must be given there's been no word to the contrary.

XXIII to face Wales

Healy
Best
Furlong
Hendo
Ryan
POM
Leavy
Stander

Murray
Sexton
Stockdale
Aki
Farrell (presuming Ringrose doesn't play this weekend)
Earls
Kearney

Cronin
McGrath
Ryan
Toner
Conan (presuming SOB doesn't play this weekend)
Marmion
Carberry
Conway

Hard to know about sub SH. Is Conway meant to be fit? Makes the most sense for the bench spot but I'm not sure he's done enough to come in cold.

I'd have Larmour on the bench and have Stockdale doing a few sessions at 13 (rather than moving Keet there).

Has stockdale played 13 at Senior level? I know he played there at school, larmour has played there a couple of times for Leinster but wouldn't risk him there either. Earls is a waste there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:06 pm 

Would Stockdale’s defence be good enough for the 13 channel?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:15 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
CM11 wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

XXIII to face Wales

Healy
Best
Furlong
Hendo
Ryan
POM
Leavy
Stander

Murray
Sexton
Stockdale
Aki
Earls
Kearney

Cronin
McGrath
Ryan
Toner
Marmion
Carberry
Conway

Hard to know about sub SH. Is Conway meant to be fit? Makes the most sense for the bench spot but I'm not sure he's done enough to come in cold.

I'd have Larmour on the bench and have Stockdale doing a few sessions at 13 (rather than moving Keet there).

Has stockdale played 13 at Senior level? I know he played there at school, larmour has played there a couple of times for Leinster but wouldn't risk him there either. Earls is a waste there.

Has a couple of starts and a few more shuffles there in the match.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:35 pm 

Tez wrote:
Would Stockdale’s defence be good enough for the 13 channel?

Not internationally no.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:39 pm 

Tony Ward makes a valid point.

Tony Ward: Ross Byrne or Ian Keatley deserve to be ahead of Joey Carbery in crucial role as Sexton’s understudy
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 92066.html

I’m a Carbery fan but he can’t be expected to be an international OH when got getting game time there with his club.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:43 pm 

Don't agree at all, you get your best player there regardless of where he plays regularly. From memory the AB and Aus have done it in the past.

If he's a liability then that's a different question but I don't believe he is any more of a liability than the other 2. Tony ward has some chip it's beyond belief, his articles are just garbage

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:44 pm 

Schmidt has made a decision, as far as I can see, that Carbery is going to be backup to Sexton at the WC. He's crowbaring him into the position and we just have to hope it works out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 pm 

Probably not enough for most and for the likes of redder, just gas on the flame but here's Kinsella's take on Kearney:

http://www.the42.ie/analysis-rob-kearne ... 1-Feb2018/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Probably not enough for most and for the likes of redder, just gas on the flame but here's Kinsella's take on Kearney:

You want us to listen to so called experts like the Irish coach and people who do analysis for a living over spoofers on the tittyweb. People like you are the reason the church had the power it did Stats.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 pm 

EverReady wrote:
CM11 wrote:

You want us to listen to so called experts like the Irish coach and people who do analysis for a living over spoofers on the tittyweb. People like you are the reason the church had the power it did Stats.

:lol:

Can't fault the logic!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 pm 

I'm a big fan of Kinsella but the man is the biggest nerd this side of Screech Powers.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 pm 

CM11 wrote:

You don't have to be in Stockholm to be in thrall to master manipulators.

Poor Murray clearly needs his backfield policing.

I bet he assembled those clips of Senior while humming "Fernando" to himself on a loop.

Last edited by redderneck on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
I'm a big fan of Kinsella but the man is the biggest nerd this side of Screech Powers.

I presume he's at least being paid to be a nerd although I'm struggling to see where the revenue is coming from to pay him. Maybe Kearney covered the one above!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm 

Anyone listening to Second Captains today? What's the craic with the Irish camp and/or IRFU falling out with the meedja?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 pm 

It is hard to believe that he once looked like this:

While copying that I saw this of Mr John Downey- schweeeeet curls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:37 pm 

Rumours circulating that Heaslip will call it a day this week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:50 pm 

CM11 wrote:

No one has doubted that Kearney is great in the air, or that he communicates well.

Kinsella brings up the counter attacking thing and that's where everyone is frustrated, and you know it's not even just on the counter attack, it's attack in general. I watched it with my two English housemates and a Welsh mate, they laughed when he got the ball and predicted him running into the nearest forward regardless of what else was on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:29 pm 

So, Stockdale 6 tries from 6 games.

Joey "the messiah" Carbery 7 wins from 7 appearances.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
CM11 wrote:

No one has doubted that Kearney is great in the air, or that he communicates well.

Kinsella brings up the counter attacking thing and that's where everyone is frustrated, and you know it's not even just on the counter attack, it's attack in general. I watched it with my two English housemates and a Welsh mate, they laughed when he got the ball and predicted him running into the nearest forward regardless of what else was on.

How did you rate Porter on Saturday Earl?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:42 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:

And by fûck you’d know.

Chris Farrell part of the 22 being held back in camp, think that’s him nailed on to start.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 pm 

Italy and France are the two weakest teams by quite a bit. And our victories need to be put in perspective.

Wales could have too much for Ireland. The breakdown will be crucial.And if we kick it down the throats of Wales - with Kearney kicking badly. Or even murrays bombs. They will be punished. Bigger, north, Williams and halfpenny may be back. Wales will believe they can turn us over. They'd be right.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:46 pm 

Irish wrote:
Italy and France are the two weakest teams by quite a bit. And our victories need to be put in perspective.

Wales could have too much for Ireland. The breakdown will be crucial.And if we kick it down the throats of Wales - with Kearney kicking badly. Or even murrays bombs. They will be punished. Bigger, north, Williams and halfpenny may be back. Wales will believe they can turn us over. They'd be right.

That's the spirit :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:47 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

And by fûck you’d know.

Chris Farrell part of the 22 being held back in camp, think that’s him nailed on to start.

Eh, would a nerd have his own dinosaur bone collection?

Check. Mate. :smug:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

And by fûck you’d know.

Quote:
One man who is set to be part of Ireland’s reduced group is Chris Farrell, who has been one of the extra bodies for their warm-ups before the France and Italy wins, providing cover in case of any late injuries.

The Munster midfielder made his international bow in November and word from Ireland camp is that Schmidt is pleased with how quickly Farrell is learning and retaining the reams of new information involved in Test rugby.

You can actually see the tacks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm 

Irish wrote:

That is like something Stephen Jones would write before the sub editors get their hands on it. I like it a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:57 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:

And by fûck you’d know.

Eh, would a nerd have his own dinosaur bone collection?

Check. Mate. :smug:

:shock:

Too smooth for me...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:

He's taller than Screech though, and has played rugby at a high enough level too, so I wouldn't say that to his face.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Anyone listening to Second Captains today? What's the craic with the Irish camp and/or IRFU falling out with the meedja?

Grobler is a drug cheat and Best is a rape apologist.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:47 pm 

redderneck wrote:
CM11 wrote:

You don't have to be in Stockholm to be in thrall to master manipulators.

Poor Murray clearly needs his backfield policing.

I bet he assembled those clips of Senior while humming "Fernando" to himself on a loop.

Yeah, it reeks of pointing articles about a certain showboating shoelace tier tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 am 

FWIW, I can't see us beating Wales unless

1)Their set piece is terrible like it was back in 2014(and I think they've sorted that out in both) and ours is that much better.
2)We try to be more expansive. And we need to stick with this approach even if we make mistakes early on.
3)Their back 3 have a bad day under the high ball and suffer from our kicking game

3 seems more likely than 1 depending on who starts for them. I'm quite hopeful that what happened in Paris will make us a bit more enterprising. Have my doubts we have the pack for an all court offloading game though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:09 am 

Think I'd go

McGrath
Best
Furlong
Henderson
Ryan
POM
Leavy
Stander
Murray
Sexton
Stockdale
Aki
Farrell
Earls
Kearney

Cronin
Healy
Ryan
Toner
Conan
McGrath
Carbery
Larmour

Just think McGrath/Ryan isn't the best combo to bring off the bench. Best and Furlong liable to play 70 mins anyway. I think most of the repalcements bar the backs are fairly certain. Unless Scannell is back at 2.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 am 

goose81 wrote:
Don't agree at all, you get your best player there regardless of where he plays regularly. From memory the AB and Aus have done it in the past.

If he's a liability then that's a different question but I don't believe he is any more of a liability than the other 2. Tony ward has some chip it's beyond belief, his articles are just garbage

That is nonsense. When did the ABs last 'regularly' not have a Super Rugby starting 10 as their back-up in the 22/23? The equivalent would have been playing the last year with Damien McKenzie as the reserve 10.

Oz did it when half their team were semi-regular 10s, but never worked out that well for them.

I'm not saying Keatley should be picked ahead of Carberry, but Carberry really needs to be playing a lot more rugby at 10.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 am 

paddyor wrote:
Think I'd go

McGrath
Best
Furlong
Henderson
Ryan
POM
Leavy
Stander
Murray
Sexton
Stockdale
Aki
Farrell
Earls
Kearney

Cronin
Healy
Ryan
Toner
Conan
McGrath
Carbery
Larmour

Just think McGrath/Ryan isn't the best combo to bring off the bench. Best and Furlong liable to play 70 mins anyway. I think most of the repalcements bar the backs are fairly certain. Unless Scannell is back at 2.

Has Porter jumped Ryan as back up TH ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 am 

Luckycharmer wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
CM11 wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

XXIII to face Wales

Healy
Best
Furlong
Hendo
Ryan
POM
Leavy
Stander

Murray
Sexton
Stockdale
Aki
Earls
Kearney

Cronin
McGrath
Ryan
Toner
Marmion
Carberry
Conway

Don't know why you'd do it. Farrell plays 13 and proved his x ability during the autumn games. Stockdale could potentially cover 15; his age grade position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 am 

Schmidt will replace Henshaw with a bons-fide centre.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 am 

Let’s be honest about this.
All good backs should be able to play 9-15.

9. Boss the forwards and don’t give the ball to the out half. You’re in control.
10. Let everybody know that you’re the quarter back and the one the girls turn out to see.
11. Best friends with POM, melts rucks and grubbers ahead with an overlap.
12. Failed 10 but quicker, more agile and a better tackler. If the 10 stops kicking and passes you the ball, make sure to kick it. You’re better than him.
13. Not quick enough for wing and can’t kick snow off a rope. Good at rucking but 7 Jersey was already taken.
14. Quick, but never gets the ball as 13 can’t pass off his left hand. Right footed so misses touch every time as he curls the ball back infield.
15. Wants to play at 10 but 10’s Dad picks the team. 10 wants to defend at 15. Played GAA in primary school.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 am 

paddyor wrote:

1)Their set piece is terrible like it was back in 2014(and I think they've sorted that out in both) and ours is that much better.
2)We try to be more expansive. And we need to stick with this approach even if we make mistakes early on.
3)Their back 3 have a bad day under the high ball and suffer from our kicking game

3 seems more likely than 1 depending on who starts for them. I'm quite hopeful that what happened in Paris will make us a bit more enterprising. Have my doubts we have the pack for an all court offloading game though.

Oh for crying out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:29 am 

paddyor wrote:

Ireland are 10 point favourites btw.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:09 am 

ZappaMan wrote:
SASP wrote:
Hmmm Farrell and Aki combo.

Would Big Chris be better passer than Henshaw but a lesser defender?

It's either that or we give Phil Danaher an emergency call :thumbup:

No need to look any further than Luke Marshall or Darren Cave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8196, 8197, 8198, 8199, 8200, 8201, 8202 ... 8988  Next