Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8229, 8230, 8231, 8232, 8233, 8234, 8235 ... 9082  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13278
Location: Belfast
Rumham wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Was McCarthy any good or as poor as I think he is?


The winger? Didnt really notice him

Still think there's much better options out there like Keane we could be playing.

Yeah, Keane looked alright in the U19 highlights last season. Promising from an Ulster perspective seeing a decent Irish attack with Ulster centres and a SH to the fore. I also reckon Lowry is a better 10 than Byrne/Dean, he should add to the attack when he returns.

Agnew looks alright, should be good for Ulster having himself and Hall in the 7 jersey.

Who are the talent guys you think are missing?

Doris, Hall, Lowry, Dalton????


Dalton played against France and he was shite. But he would still be better than either of those second rows.


He was also playing 6. Had a poor cameo for Ulster last week but we need to stand by him and give him a run. O'Toole had a nice cameo and really the use of subs by Ireland tonight was ludicrous. The hooker looks handy round the park but lineout was meh. A fair few of this team will hopefully see Pro14 exposure for ulster quick enough due to how shite we are. Good benefit Ireland and hopefully it does


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14022
Nolanator wrote:
Larmour rubbing about 40 metres sideways and then conceding a penalty for holding on. :roll:

I was at the game. Crowd enjoyed that, should have passed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14022
redderneck wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Oh m**********r. See from another thread that Cloete looks to have picked up what could be a major injury.

That's Munster done and dusted for the season if so. We are a completely different side with him on the field.



No thread on here about it, were you on another forum? You slut.


Friday night is my night for strong gin and tonics and subtle whoring.

Lies. Redders a who're 7 days a week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25026
Location: SOB>Todd
Southern Kings too much of a joke team to judge anything on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18604
Floppykid wrote:
Southern Kings too much of a joke team to judge anything on?

Why the question mark.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 42600
Floppykid wrote:
Southern Kings too much of a joke team to judge anything on?

Bar Leinster have a lot of decent looking young lads who may have to look elsewhere to play pro - rugby.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53596
Thought with 38 players missing the +38 cap on the Kings was the easiest money I'd ever make. How did the Ospreys only score 4 last week? That Kings side would be beaten by a decent school's side.

Easily the worst performance I've ever seen in the league. By a distance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25026
Location: SOB>Todd
Right, in no rush to watch it then.
The league is a mess with the Italian and Saffa teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33976
Location: Pigdogistan
Floppykid wrote:
Right, in no rush to watch it then.
The league is a mess with the Italian and Saffa teams.


The Leinster lads had fun, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53596
Floppykid wrote:
Right, in no rush to watch it then.
The league is a mess with the Italian and Saffa teams.


I had a think about this when I was watching it and came to the conclusion that I need to remember to wipe any stats as a result of this game for any objective discussion. I'm sure Frawley is delighted with the armchair ride and you can only play what's in front of you but tonight was so completely uncompetitive that you'd nearly feel embarrassed to have taken part in the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53596
Btw you're doing the Cheetahs and the Italians a complete disservice lumping them in there. Not even close to comparable. The Italians at their very worst were leagues ahead of the Kings tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13278
Location: Belfast
camroc1 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Southern Kings too much of a joke team to judge anything on?

Bar Leinster have a lot of decent looking young lads who may have to look elsewhere to play pro - rugby.


Elsewhere says hi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14022
Floppykid wrote:
Right, in no rush to watch it then.
The league is a mess with the Italian and Saffa teams.

That's unfair on the Eyeties and Cheetahs tbf.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 650
TBF to the Kings, I believe they lost most of their squad in the off-season due to the uncertainty around their future. I think it would be a year or two before a fair judgement could be made. Cheetahs are a solidly competitive side, by comparison. Zebre and Treviso a lot more competitive this year too to be fair


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18604
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Southern Kings too much of a joke team to judge anything on?

Bar Leinster have a lot of decent looking young lads who may have to look elsewhere to play pro - rugby.


Elsewhere says hi

Get in the f*cking queue


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14624
DeDoc wrote:
TBF to the Kings, I believe they lost most of their squad in the off-season due to the uncertainty around their future. I think it would be a year or two before a fair judgement could be made. Cheetahs are a solidly competitive side, by comparison. Zebre and Treviso a lot more competitive this year too to be fair

We're at a point where Treviso could overtake Ulster.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 15622
Floppykid wrote:
Southern Kings too much of a joke team to judge anything on?


The Leinstertainment was good though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25026
Location: SOB>Todd
paddyor wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Right, in no rush to watch it then.
The league is a mess with the Italian and Saffa teams.

That's unfair on the Eyeties and Cheetahs tbf.

Nah, go back to a Celtic league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:51 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21050
DeDoc wrote:
TBF to the Kings, I believe they lost most of their squad in the off-season due to the uncertainty around their future. I think it would be a year or two before a fair judgement could be made. Cheetahs are a solidly competitive side, by comparison. Zebre and Treviso a lot more competitive this year too to be fair

Yeah there is more to that than just the Super Rugby cull fiasco (they were a team on the up) which was an absolute farce. For the Pro 14 they had to loan players. They are run by SARU as the previous Kings admin rode the place in to the ground. There were arrests including Luke Watson's father Cheeky. Now the same SARU CEO who took the union over is under investigation for corruption (a separate case elsewhere) so you had the Shysters running the crooks.

A few years back when they got back in to Super Rugby some of their players were living on food stamps as they hadn't been paid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21050
rfurlong wrote:
Loads of empty seats in marseille :?


Such a crap kick off time and day. That would put a lot of families off from travelling to Marseille. If you are travelling back to Toulon you wouldn't get home to around midnight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25026
Location: SOB>Todd
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Loads of empty seats in marseille :?


Such a crap kick off time and day. That would put a lot of families off from travelling to Marseille. If you are travelling back to Toulon you wouldn't get home to around midnight.

Has Ireland ever had a home Friday kick off?
Seems to always be France.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:01 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21050
Floppykid wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Loads of empty seats in marseille :?


Such a crap kick off time and day. That would put a lot of families off from travelling to Marseille. If you are travelling back to Toulon you wouldn't get home to around midnight.

Has Ireland ever had a home Friday kick off?
Seems to always be France.

Yes against Wales in Cardiff. Ireland played awful that night.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25026
Location: SOB>Todd
Home is what I meant, but point taken.
As a fan I'd prefer Friday to a Sunday kick off, unless I had taken the monday off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6047
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Good win for Munster, if for nothing else that it should be the end of Williams as Hart was on another level.

I didn't see the game, but as much as I hate Drunken, there is a big difference playing inside Keatley as he's not a commanding 10 so it forces the 9 to make so many more decisions (and the more decisions Williams has to make, the more likely they are to be bad ones!).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19124
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Good win for Munster, if for nothing else that it should be the end of Williams as Hart was on another level.

I take it that Hart has overtaken Williams just by standing still


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 42600
Frawley has surprised me, albeit the Kings were crap tonight. The lad can run a backline, and is big enough to make his presence felt. Ulster could a lot worse than nabbing him.

EDIT also tonight was bitterly cold in the RDS, I doubt the South Africans have ever played in that weather before.

And as my son pointed out to me, 11 -14 for the kings were coloured; 9/10 white, and all the forwards bar 8 white.

Am I/ was he reading a bit much into that ?


Last edited by camroc1 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7898
unseenwork wrote:
How's Hume going, could understand him being rusty.

Thought he was poor, he was all over the place in defence. Curtis was our best back and the scrumhalf has come on a long way from last year. Number 8 and Aungier were the pick of the pack. How many tries did we leak from kickoffs - they won nearly all ours. Under 20s defence was nearly as bad as the kings!
France made hard work of Italy but think Bastardo played well as did their 11. Still think that they could beat England if they sort their discipline.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7898
paddyor wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Larmour rubbing about 40 metres sideways and then conceding a penalty for holding on. :roll:

I was at the game. Crowd enjoyed that, should have passed.

He looks like he is trying too hard now, everyone expects him to do something special everytime he touches the ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33976
Location: Pigdogistan
Luckycharmer wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Larmour rubbing about 40 metres sideways and then conceding a penalty for holding on. :roll:

I was at the game. Crowd enjoyed that, should have passed.

He looks like he is trying too hard now, everyone expects him to do something special everytime he touches the ball.

Meh, he'll get it out of his system and learn from this period.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 42600
Nolanator wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Larmour rubbing about 40 metres sideways and then conceding a penalty for holding on. :roll:

I was at the game. Crowd enjoyed that, should have passed.

He looks like he is trying too hard now, everyone expects him to do something special everytime he touches the ball.

Meh, he'll get it out of his system and learn from this period.

Ringrose looked sharp until he turned an ankle. Thankfully he ran it off and looked sharp again.

AS for Larmour (and indeed Carbery), it'll take them the guts of a season to modify their games for international level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13278
Location: Belfast
Luckycharmer wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
How's Hume going, could understand him being rusty.

Thought he was poor, he was all over the place in defence. Curtis was our best back and the scrumhalf has come on a long way from last year. Number 8 and Aungier were the pick of the pack. How many tries did we leak from kickoffs - they won nearly all ours. Under 20s defence was nearly as bad as the kings!
France made hard work of Italy but think Bastardo played well as did their 11. Still think that they could beat England if they sort their discipline.


The last ko we lost was just despicable. Everything looked perfect. Good placement, jump and lift. Perfect position and the lad just seemed to slap it down. He savaged the pack I thought. Left them on far too long and it told. No way our front row give up that last penalty if it had been earlier in the game. The number 8 is munster at least I believe because fudge me there’s a long line in leinster


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7898
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
How's Hume going, could understand him being rusty.

Thought he was poor, he was all over the place in defence. Curtis was our best back and the scrumhalf has come on a long way from last year. Number 8 and Aungier were the pick of the pack. How many tries did we leak from kickoffs - they won nearly all ours. Under 20s defence was nearly as bad as the kings!
France made hard work of Italy but think Bastardo played well as did their 11. Still think that they could beat England if they sort their discipline.


The last ko we lost was just despicable. Everything looked perfect. Good placement, jump and lift. Perfect position and the lad just seemed to slap it down. He savaged the pack I thought. Left them on far too long and it told. No way our front row give up that last penalty if it had been earlier in the game. The number 8 is munster at least I believe because fudge me there’s a long line in leinster

O'brien the winger showed the pack how to field a kick-off but it was too little too late. Wales scored straight off the kickoff at the start of the second half - given POC is coaching them it was surprising.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:31 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21050
Keatley plays well with Murray it also about the quality of the pass and taking the weight off the line kicking due to the quality of Murray's kicking out of tight spaces. Whereas Duncan is erratic with passing and kicking. He also runs up blind alleys (I hate that)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 7616
I see Embra got a BP win last night.
Ulster can kiss the playoffs goodbye at this rate, and are seriously under pressure from Treviso for 4th when you compare our run-ins.
We could really do with a LBP tonight


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11981
camroc1 wrote:
Frawley has surprised me, albeit the Kings were crap tonight. The lad can run a backline, and is big enough to make his presence felt. Ulster could a lot worse than nabbing him.

EDIT also tonight was bitterly cold in the RDS, I doubt the South Africans have ever played in that weather before.

And as my son pointed out to me, 11 -14 for the kings were coloured; 9/10 white, and all the forwards bar 8 white.

Am I/ was he reading a bit much into that ?

We have a number of promising 10s in the underage system, i'd rather develop them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 7616
Yer lad Frawley looks a big unit as well.
Could he be moved to 12 and be a 2nd distributor?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13278
Location: Belfast
Whilst i hear what Cammy is saying Willie has a point. McPhillips, Lowry and Curtis are all about the same age so we need an experienced hand to guide them instead of another promising youngster. Maybe Connacht could use him. The lad O'Brien on the wing last night has serious gas. Is he a wing or a centre?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53596
Jim Lahey wrote:
Yer lad Frawley looks a big unit as well.
Could he be moved to 12 and be a 2nd distributor?


I think he plays 12 for the As.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9527
Jim Lahey wrote:
Yer lad Frawley looks a big unit as well.
Could he be moved to 12 and be a 2nd distributor?


That was his role for the 20s last year and where he played most of his pro rugby up to now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13278
Location: Belfast
Kinsella picking out Curtis, O'Sullivan, Kelleher and Aungier from the U20's. Certainly the hooker was impressive from what i saw


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8229, 8230, 8231, 8232, 8233, 8234, 8235 ... 9082  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Birdy, Boobs not Moobs, booji boy, Brumby_in_Vic, Cullen, dargotronV.1, frillage, Google Adsense [Bot], I like haggis, Jay Cee Gee, J Man, Keith, Kiwias, Larry Murphy, Mullet 2, MungoMan, Petej, Plato'sCave, RodneyRegis, Rowdy, SamShark, Vicar of Dibley and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group