Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8229, 8230, 8231, 8232, 8233, 8234, 8235 ... 9082  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:18 pm 

Rumham wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Was McCarthy any good or as poor as I think he is?

The winger? Didnt really notice him

Still think there's much better options out there like Keane we could be playing.

Yeah, Keane looked alright in the U19 highlights last season. Promising from an Ulster perspective seeing a decent Irish attack with Ulster centres and a SH to the fore. I also reckon Lowry is a better 10 than Byrne/Dean, he should add to the attack when he returns.

Agnew looks alright, should be good for Ulster having himself and Hall in the 7 jersey.

Who are the talent guys you think are missing?

Doris, Hall, Lowry, Dalton????

Dalton played against France and he was shite. But he would still be better than either of those second rows.

He was also playing 6. Had a poor cameo for Ulster last week but we need to stand by him and give him a run. O'Toole had a nice cameo and really the use of subs by Ireland tonight was ludicrous. The hooker looks handy round the park but lineout was meh. A fair few of this team will hopefully see Pro14 exposure for ulster quick enough due to how shite we are. Good benefit Ireland and hopefully it does

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:50 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Larmour rubbing about 40 metres sideways and then conceding a penalty for holding on. :roll:

I was at the game. Crowd enjoyed that, should have passed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 pm 

redderneck wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Oh m**********r. See from another thread that Cloete looks to have picked up what could be a major injury.

That's Munster done and dusted for the season if so. We are a completely different side with him on the field.

No thread on here about it, were you on another forum? You slut.

Friday night is my night for strong gin and tonics and subtle whoring.

Lies. Redders a who're 7 days a week.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:53 pm 

Southern Kings too much of a joke team to judge anything on?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

Why the question mark.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:55 pm 

Floppykid wrote:

Bar Leinster have a lot of decent looking young lads who may have to look elsewhere to play pro - rugby.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 am 

Thought with 38 players missing the +38 cap on the Kings was the easiest money I'd ever make. How did the Ospreys only score 4 last week? That Kings side would be beaten by a decent school's side.

Easily the worst performance I've ever seen in the league. By a distance.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:15 am 

Right, in no rush to watch it then.
The league is a mess with the Italian and Saffa teams.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 am 

Floppykid wrote:

The Leinster lads had fun, though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:18 am 

Floppykid wrote:

I had a think about this when I was watching it and came to the conclusion that I need to remember to wipe any stats as a result of this game for any objective discussion. I'm sure Frawley is delighted with the armchair ride and you can only play what's in front of you but tonight was so completely uncompetitive that you'd nearly feel embarrassed to have taken part in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 am 

Btw you're doing the Cheetahs and the Italians a complete disservice lumping them in there. Not even close to comparable. The Italians at their very worst were leagues ahead of the Kings tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:26 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Bar Leinster have a lot of decent looking young lads who may have to look elsewhere to play pro - rugby.

Elsewhere says hi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:29 am 

Floppykid wrote:

That's unfair on the Eyeties and Cheetahs tbf.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:31 am 

TBF to the Kings, I believe they lost most of their squad in the off-season due to the uncertainty around their future. I think it would be a year or two before a fair judgement could be made. Cheetahs are a solidly competitive side, by comparison. Zebre and Treviso a lot more competitive this year too to be fair

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:32 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

Elsewhere says hi

Get in the f*cking queue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:42 am 

DeDoc wrote:
TBF to the Kings, I believe they lost most of their squad in the off-season due to the uncertainty around their future. I think it would be a year or two before a fair judgement could be made. Cheetahs are a solidly competitive side, by comparison. Zebre and Treviso a lot more competitive this year too to be fair

We're at a point where Treviso could overtake Ulster.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 am 

Floppykid wrote:

The Leinstertainment was good though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:50 am 

paddyor wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

That's unfair on the Eyeties and Cheetahs tbf.

Nah, go back to a Celtic league.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:51 am 

DeDoc wrote:

Yeah there is more to that than just the Super Rugby cull fiasco (they were a team on the up) which was an absolute farce. For the Pro 14 they had to loan players. They are run by SARU as the previous Kings admin rode the place in to the ground. There were arrests including Luke Watson's father Cheeky. Now the same SARU CEO who took the union over is under investigation for corruption (a separate case elsewhere) so you had the Shysters running the crooks.

A few years back when they got back in to Super Rugby some of their players were living on food stamps as they hadn't been paid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am 

rfurlong wrote:
Loads of empty seats in marseille :?

Such a crap kick off time and day. That would put a lot of families off from travelling to Marseille. If you are travelling back to Toulon you wouldn't get home to around midnight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:59 am 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

Such a crap kick off time and day. That would put a lot of families off from travelling to Marseille. If you are travelling back to Toulon you wouldn't get home to around midnight.

Has Ireland ever had a home Friday kick off?
Seems to always be France.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:01 am 

Floppykid wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

Has Ireland ever had a home Friday kick off?
Seems to always be France.

Yes against Wales in Cardiff. Ireland played awful that night.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:04 am 

Home is what I meant, but point taken.
As a fan I'd prefer Friday to a Sunday kick off, unless I had taken the monday off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:20 am 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Good win for Munster, if for nothing else that it should be the end of Williams as Hart was on another level.

I didn't see the game, but as much as I hate Drunken, there is a big difference playing inside Keatley as he's not a commanding 10 so it forces the 9 to make so many more decisions (and the more decisions Williams has to make, the more likely they are to be bad ones!).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:21 am 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Good win for Munster, if for nothing else that it should be the end of Williams as Hart was on another level.

I take it that Hart has overtaken Williams just by standing still

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 am 

Frawley has surprised me, albeit the Kings were crap tonight. The lad can run a backline, and is big enough to make his presence felt. Ulster could a lot worse than nabbing him.

EDIT also tonight was bitterly cold in the RDS, I doubt the South Africans have ever played in that weather before.

And as my son pointed out to me, 11 -14 for the kings were coloured; 9/10 white, and all the forwards bar 8 white.

Am I/ was he reading a bit much into that ?

Last edited by camroc1 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 am 

unseenwork wrote:
How's Hume going, could understand him being rusty.

Thought he was poor, he was all over the place in defence. Curtis was our best back and the scrumhalf has come on a long way from last year. Number 8 and Aungier were the pick of the pack. How many tries did we leak from kickoffs - they won nearly all ours. Under 20s defence was nearly as bad as the kings!
France made hard work of Italy but think Bastardo played well as did their 11. Still think that they could beat England if they sort their discipline.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:53 am 

paddyor wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Larmour rubbing about 40 metres sideways and then conceding a penalty for holding on. :roll:

He looks like he is trying too hard now, everyone expects him to do something special everytime he touches the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:55 am 

Luckycharmer wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

He looks like he is trying too hard now, everyone expects him to do something special everytime he touches the ball.

Meh, he'll get it out of his system and learn from this period.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:04 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Meh, he'll get it out of his system and learn from this period.

Ringrose looked sharp until he turned an ankle. Thankfully he ran it off and looked sharp again.

AS for Larmour (and indeed Carbery), it'll take them the guts of a season to modify their games for international level.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 am 

Luckycharmer wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

Thought he was poor, he was all over the place in defence. Curtis was our best back and the scrumhalf has come on a long way from last year. Number 8 and Aungier were the pick of the pack. How many tries did we leak from kickoffs - they won nearly all ours. Under 20s defence was nearly as bad as the kings!
France made hard work of Italy but think Bastardo played well as did their 11. Still think that they could beat England if they sort their discipline.

The last ko we lost was just despicable. Everything looked perfect. Good placement, jump and lift. Perfect position and the lad just seemed to slap it down. He savaged the pack I thought. Left them on far too long and it told. No way our front row give up that last penalty if it had been earlier in the game. The number 8 is munster at least I believe because fudge me there’s a long line in leinster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:15 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

The last ko we lost was just despicable. Everything looked perfect. Good placement, jump and lift. Perfect position and the lad just seemed to slap it down. He savaged the pack I thought. Left them on far too long and it told. No way our front row give up that last penalty if it had been earlier in the game. The number 8 is munster at least I believe because fudge me there’s a long line in leinster

O'brien the winger showed the pack how to field a kick-off but it was too little too late. Wales scored straight off the kickoff at the start of the second half - given POC is coaching them it was surprising.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:31 am 

Keatley plays well with Murray it also about the quality of the pass and taking the weight off the line kicking due to the quality of Murray's kicking out of tight spaces. Whereas Duncan is erratic with passing and kicking. He also runs up blind alleys (I hate that)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:01 am 

I see Embra got a BP win last night.
Ulster can kiss the playoffs goodbye at this rate, and are seriously under pressure from Treviso for 4th when you compare our run-ins.
We could really do with a LBP tonight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:15 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Frawley has surprised me, albeit the Kings were crap tonight. The lad can run a backline, and is big enough to make his presence felt. Ulster could a lot worse than nabbing him.

EDIT also tonight was bitterly cold in the RDS, I doubt the South Africans have ever played in that weather before.

And as my son pointed out to me, 11 -14 for the kings were coloured; 9/10 white, and all the forwards bar 8 white.

Am I/ was he reading a bit much into that ?

We have a number of promising 10s in the underage system, i'd rather develop them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:34 am 

Yer lad Frawley looks a big unit as well.
Could he be moved to 12 and be a 2nd distributor?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:38 am 

Whilst i hear what Cammy is saying Willie has a point. McPhillips, Lowry and Curtis are all about the same age so we need an experienced hand to guide them instead of another promising youngster. Maybe Connacht could use him. The lad O'Brien on the wing last night has serious gas. Is he a wing or a centre?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:15 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:

I think he plays 12 for the As.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:

That was his role for the 20s last year and where he played most of his pro rugby up to now

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 am 

Kinsella picking out Curtis, O'Sullivan, Kelleher and Aungier from the U20's. Certainly the hooker was impressive from what i saw

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8229, 8230, 8231, 8232, 8233, 8234, 8235 ... 9082  Next