Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8241, 8242, 8243, 8244, 8245, 8246, 8247 ... 9078  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:06 pm 

Murray a contender too, his best outing since the Lions tour.

Boxcar Ira wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
It’s the system, BOD was explaining it on newstalk, it’s too narrow and leaves the wingers too exposed. So they get the blame.

Horgan was suggesting it was in large part down to communication/familiarity between the players. For the 3rd try there was 4 players lined up against 2 in the middle leaving 2 on the outside to cover 3 players I think. We got done like that vs Scotland last year for the first try I think but seemed to improve as the 6N went on. It hasn't been as much of a problem with Payne and more recently Henshaw at 13. Not to blame Farrell, but him and the rest of the team need to work on that.

Fuck knows what Stockdale was doing for the 2nd try. Looking for the intercept maybe, he was running into no one.

It's why I was surprised Farrell got motm. He did some great stuff but I thought he didn't organise the defense too well. The back three get exposed then and many of them don't have the pace to cope with that.

I'd have gone for a forward I think. But he still had some great moments in defense. That first tackle on Halfpenny was a beaut. Also the tackle on Williams near their 22 that lead to the scrum peno.

danthefan wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
They did but it was collective. Harsh when you consider at least two of them will be dropped more than likely

They'll both obviously come back in but there was barely a moment where I thought we really missed Henderson and Furlong, which is proper mental. I don't think anyone could have predicted Ryan and Porter would step up so quickly.

Don;t think Ryan replaced Henderson, probably was toner.

Anyway, when Ireland was battering away at the Welsh line in the 1st half, I was kind of wishing Henderson was there to make one of his big carries.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:09 pm 

Willie Falloon wrote:
danthefan wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
They did but it was collective. Harsh when you consider at least two of them will be dropped more than likely

They'll both obviously come back in but there was barely a moment where I thought we really missed Henderson and Furlong, which is proper mental. I don't think anyone could have predicted Ryan and Porter would step up so quickly.

Don;t think Ryan replaced Henderson, probably was toner.

Anyway, when Ireland was battering away at the Welsh line in the 1st half, I was kind of wishing Henderson was there to make one of his big carries.

Toner is a proven international performer. Nobody should be surprised that he comes into the team and plays well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:09 pm 

This from Cummiskey about RK is a gem

Quote:
Beaten in the air by Dan Biggar but fingertips caught George North’s coat-tails at a crucial moment while the sliced drop goal, instead of an inclusive counter attack is what makes him who he is, a leader.

hope he didn't wipe himself off the curtains after that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:12 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
Murray a contender too, his best outing since the Lions tour.

needed to be the calming influence when sexton was going a bit mad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:13 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Quote:
Beaten in the air by Dan Biggar but fingertips caught George North’s coat-tails at a crucial moment while the sliced drop goal, instead of an inclusive counter attack is what makes him who he is, a leader.

That is absolutely fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:14 pm 

danthefan wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:

Ryan yes, Porter, not at all. It's brilliant how quickly the he's come through.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:15 pm 

SOB was a week behind the RInger last I read so if he plays for Leinster I'd bench him for the last 2.

Besides that McFadden out for Conway/Ringrose, John Ryan to drop out. Lock will be interesting, any 2 of the 3 could start realistically; would be nice to give Hendo and Ryan another run.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:18 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Quote:

Now I am usually the brainy one but what is an inclusive counter attack.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:18 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
It’s the system, BOD was explaining it on newstalk, it’s too narrow and leaves the wingers too exposed. So they get the blame.

Horgan was suggesting it was in large part down to communication/familiarity between the players. For the 3rd try there was 4 players lined up against 2 in the middle leaving 2 on the outside to cover 3 players I think. We got done like that vs Scotland last year for the first try I think but seemed to improve as the 6N went on. It hasn't been as much of a problem with Payne and more recently Henshaw at 13. Not to blame Farrell, but him and the rest of the team need to work on that.

Fuck knows what Stockdale was doing for the 2nd try. Looking for the intercept maybe, he was running into no one.

It's why I was surprised Farrell got motm. He did some great stuff but I thought he didn't organise the defense too well. The back three get exposed then and many of them don't have the pace to cope with that.

Conan and McFadden defended like spackers for that try. That’s on them only.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:19 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Quote:

its where RK rides cummiskey 3 different ways

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:22 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Quote:

its where RK rides cummiskey 3 different ways

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:25 pm 

That Russell pass. There's a bit of video analysis there.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/967726710656561152

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:30 pm 

That's delightful

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:31 pm 

It's magnificent but it literally could have gone anywhere looks like he just threw as hard as he could , I haven't seen the match just that gif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm 

Analysing other teams now is he. Big slut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:41 pm 

goose81 wrote:
It's magnificent but it literally could have gone anywhere looks like he just threw as hard as he could , I haven't seen the match just that gif

I thought it was mad watching it live. But look at Huw Jones, he knew exactly where that ball was going.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 pm 

Some good stuff from three red kings. Sexton flattening Evans.

https://twitter.com/threeredkings/status/967522150562304006

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:19 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Quote:

Ah Christ. I was having such a nice Sunday. Don't be doing things like this to me on a Sunday. It's impossible for a fella to turn over a new leaf when you shove things like this in front of me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:30 pm 

Haven't seen it mentioned but Aki has been outstanding. Himself and Farrell worked really well together.

Combined, they have fewer than 10 caps for Ireland and that was the second time they've played together iirc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Some good stuff from three red kings. Sexton flattening Evans.

https://twitter.com/threeredkings/status/967522150562304006

Check the responses. Quite amusing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 pm 

lorcanoworms wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Right. I'm drawing a line under it for now.

G&T time. Gawd but it's good to have beaten the Leekists, even if it was a far from perfect display.

Room for improvement and winning? Take that.

It's always good to beat that shower.

They're unbearable

Was there a congrats Irweddon thread done?

Plato's Cave did.
Some of the Taffs are grand.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:20 pm 

de_Selby wrote:
Diego wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Ah yeah, go on. Need an email or can you send it through facebag?

Ok, I don't have any left as it turns out. :lol:

Theres a torrent here:
https://sport-video.org.ua/rugby.html

The games appear there before ATT usually

Nice one. I'm looking forward to re watching this one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 pm 

Just watched the full match on tv after sitting in the upper west yesterday . A few thoughts ...

Kearney- I said after the match yesterday that I felt he was done . Watching on tv strengthens that view . As well as the limited attacking threat and lack of passing you’d expect he’s now not even dominating in the air . Noticeably slower to track back now too. Then there’s the turnovers , the daft penalties and the self indulgent drop goal attempt.
Earls- Strong all round performance in attack and defence.
Farrell- To the manor born . Abrasive , industrious and intelligent.Some of them lines were just sumptuous. Worthy man of the match . Coaching team needs to find a way of getting him to work better with Stockdale in defence
Aki - Settling in pretty well . More of an attacking threat to Henshaw in this position and keeps the defense guessing with his ability to offload.
Stockdale- Yes the system is partly to blame but he needs to start learning in defence and learning fast or he’ll be brutally exploited . If he sorts this out he’ll be better than Bowe ever was . Absolute weapon in attack
Sexton- Both live and on tv it looked like a crazy decision to tap and go instead of putting us 10 points clear . Madness . Poor day off the T but that happens. Otherwise excellent
Murray- Kicking wasn’t quite on the money but apart from that played very well
Stander - Not making the yardage of a year or two ago but still have highly effective at the breakdown Excellent workrate as always
Leavy - Really excelled in the close quarters and took his try well
POM- Similar to Leavy
Ryan- Most of his contributions seemed positive. Will grow in influence and probably captain his country for a good few years
Toner- Watching in LR I thought Dev was in the running for MOM . Might not have been so obvious watching on tv but he was immense. Massive workrate , never shirked his responsibilities or took a step backwards. No longer an automatic first choice for every match but still very important
Porter- Looked really solid . No scrum issues and a powerhouse in the loose . Look forward to him being unleashed off the bench against a tired defence
Best - Led a brilliant collective performance from the pack and looks to be performing as well as ever personally. Hope he can keep going at this level for another 18 months
Healy - Love his reinvention as a teak tough grizzly old prop . Not as dynamic as he was in his early 20s but scrummaging better than ever and continually makes the hard yards . One of our best players yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:30 pm 

Didn't mind the long drop goal tbh. Worst case scenario you get it back from the dropout.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 pm 

He had too much time, to be honest.

It was an ok decision but he needed to strike it better to justify going for it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:40 pm 

Diego wrote:
Didn't mind the long drop goal tbh. Worst case scenario you get it back from the dropout.

At best it was probably at the edge of his range. But then again he was hardly going to do anything productive on the counter so possibly worth a punt . The general consensus around me was that he was making a desperate attempt to make some impression on a game that was passing him by

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:41 pm 

paddyor wrote:
That Russell pass. There's a bit of video analysis there.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/967726710656561152

The only other pass reminiscent of that one is the one Russell threw to DTH Van Der Merve to score the try against Ulster in the 2015 SF.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 pm 

https://streamable.com/3upbe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 pm 

Watched the match again today, Kearney was nowhere near as bad as people are making out. McFadden had a mare.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:55 pm 

Sexton's pass for the first try was an absolute beaut, have rewatched it a couple of times, it's just perfect. Takes about 4 defenders out of the reckoning.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:55 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Watched the match again today, Kearney was nowhere near as bad as people are making out. McFadden had a mare.

I watched the French match back and McFadden was good when he came on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:56 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

Ah stop he was awful. Maybe not as obvious on tv but I’ve never seen him play as bad . His game was littered with mistakes and he couldn’t even be relied on to win the aerial battle. He’s finished after yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:57 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

I don’t think he’s awful either. He has his good and his bad points but I don’t think we have an available player who is better. Carberry or Conway need to make the jersey theirs at provincial level before they can take it off Rob.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:07 pm 

Diego wrote:

Actually

https://youtu.be/g55Rg4FAwVQ

It was a poor effort, but I understand him thinking its something he has in his locker.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

I think Diego has it right, he dropped out of the game a bit after about 60 mins. I wonder would he have been the one to make way if Conway was on the bench.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 pm 

Robs bad under the high ball now, I see. :lol:

Last edited by Mullet 2 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:11 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Diego wrote:

Actually

https://youtu.be/g55Rg4FAwVQ

It was a poor effort, but I understand him thinking its something he has in his locker.

He had one against Castres a few years ago and a massive one in another HC match and I once saw him do it drunk on Grafton Street

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:12 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Ribs bad under the high ball now I see. :lol:

He is shit and will never play again don't you know

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8241, 8242, 8243, 8244, 8245, 8246, 8247 ... 9078  Next