Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363795 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8287, 8288, 8289, 8290, 8291, 8292, 8293 ... 9095  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9545
where is best going to go realistically?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:26 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 58403
Location: Dirty Leeds
irishrugbyua wrote:
where is best going to go realistically?

I'm sure he could command significant wages in England, France or Japan for a year or two.

He won't though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13281
Location: Belfast
earl the beaver wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Err, missed that Best hasn't signed a new contract yet.

Best and Hendy are both out of contract.


Said they were both advanced and both had bought in to where they want Ulster to go


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8993
Lenny wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Academy players Cillian Gallagher, Conan O’Donnell and Peter Claffey have all signed senior professional contracts with the Connacht for the 2018/19 season.


I met O’Donnell a few months ago and he’s almost as broad as he is tall. Seems to have lost the puppy fat and looks like a proper professional player now. I haven’t seen him featuring for Connacht for a while and was a bit worried he’d lost his way, so it’s great to hear he’s got upgraded to a full contract.

Gallagher has the potential to be a bit special if he can get an injury free run. He’s a year younger than James Ryan so has a bit of time to start showing what he can do.


O Donnell is a bit of a perma crock.

Can play both sides though so if he can get himself fit he should be a decent option.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21092
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Err, missed that Best hasn't signed a new contract yet.

Best and Hendy are both out of contract.


Said they were both advanced and both had bought in to where they want Ulster to go


Then what is the hold up with Best. It is likely to be his last and he isn't leaving.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:35 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 14771
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
any links to the U20s would be greatly appreciated


Can you not watch on the RTE player?


Dont think so. Nearly sure i cant Dan.


Pretty sure I drew a blank the last time I tried.

Just because the lads are taking the audiovisual soup doesn't mean ti works the other way round, particularly with sport if there is a rights contract.



Any of those geo fooler type things that can help?

Nerds?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:37 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:33 am
Posts: 2035
Is there any link between these guys not resigning and the trial. Waiting to see how it plays out and seeing how good ulster will be next year ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6263
Location: Darkest deepest northwest
Porterbelly1 wrote:
Lenny wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Academy players Cillian Gallagher, Conan O’Donnell and Peter Claffey have all signed senior professional contracts with the Connacht for the 2018/19 season.


I met O’Donnell a few months ago and he’s almost as broad as he is tall. Seems to have lost the puppy fat and looks like a proper professional player now. I haven’t seen him featuring for Connacht for a while and was a bit worried he’d lost his way, so it’s great to hear he’s got upgraded to a full contract.

Gallagher has the potential to be a bit special if he can get an injury free run. He’s a year younger than James Ryan so has a bit of time to start showing what he can do.


O Donnell is a bit of a perma crock.

Can play both sides though so if he can get himself fit he should be a decent option.


His injuries were very badly managed. He played through the u20s 6ns with painkilling injections for a foot injury, and I remember meeting him in Dublin the day after one of the games and he could barely walk. Apparently was asked to play 45/50 minutes and ended up playing nearly 70, and missed the JWC as a result. He did play a part of that season with us in the AIL that and he was unbelievable at 2b level, totally dominant in the scrum (at loosehead) and brilliant around the park, and the breakdown in particular.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Posts: 1150
irishrugbyua wrote:
where is best going to go realistically?


Too many cows at home to look after now but years ago Clemont wanted him to replace Ledesma.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21092
Shouldn't be. Is Henderson on a current central contract?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13281
Location: Belfast
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Is there any link between these guys not resigning and the trial. Waiting to see how it plays out and seeing how good ulster will be next year ?


Cunningham certainly didnt let on if there was. Said indirectly they were both very close.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Posts: 1150
I still think Cunningham is a massive bluffer.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14634
boringperson12 wrote:
I still think Cunningham is a massive bluffer.

I've that sneaking suspicion myself but time will tell.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 11329
Location: Donegal
Porterbelly1 wrote:
Lenny wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Academy players Cillian Gallagher, Conan O’Donnell and Peter Claffey have all signed senior professional contracts with the Connacht for the 2018/19 season.


I met O’Donnell a few months ago and he’s almost as broad as he is tall. Seems to have lost the puppy fat and looks like a proper professional player now. I haven’t seen him featuring for Connacht for a while and was a bit worried he’d lost his way, so it’s great to hear he’s got upgraded to a full contract.

Gallagher has the potential to be a bit special if he can get an injury free run. He’s a year younger than James Ryan so has a bit of time to start showing what he can do.


O Donnell is a bit of a perma crock.

Can play both sides though so if he can get himself fit he should be a decent option.


O Donnell needs time. No need to panic with him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 6189
boringperson12 wrote:
I still think Cunningham is a massive bluffer.


Why?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14049
Mullet 2 wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
danthefan wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
any links to the U20s would be greatly appreciated


Can you not watch on the RTE player?


Dont think so. Nearly sure i cant Dan.


Pretty sure I drew a blank the last time I tried.

Just because the lads are taking the audiovisual soup doesn't mean ti works the other way round, particularly with sport if there is a rights contract.



Any of those geo fooler type things that can help?

Nerds?

A vpn. Hola is free but it collects your data if you're play with that. I'd you get it turn it off when not using because it slows down browsing etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13281
Location: Belfast
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
I still think Cunningham is a massive bluffer.


Why?


He's working side by side with Nucifora and to a lesser extent Schmidt now but you would imagine certainly the former will be watching him. I dont know if he is a bluffer but he will be found out in the coming years if he is. I dont see there as being any hiding place for him now


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 11329
Location: Donegal
France have only conceded 4 tries this Six Nations. The least in the tournament.
France - 4
England - 5
Scotland - 7
Ireland - 7
Wales - 8
Italy - 18


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 6189
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
I still think Cunningham is a massive bluffer.


Why?


He's working side by side with Nucifora and to a lesser extent Schmidt now but you would imagine certainly the former will be watching him. I dont know if he is a bluffer but he will be found out in the coming years if he is. I dont see there as being any hiding place for him now


Hes working well within his means, according to good posters on the fans forum he is told who to sign by the coaching team, so all he does is the negotiation. The Beeb press release when Kiss left also implies that, when it said he will take care of all recruitment business from here on in


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13281
Location: Belfast
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
I still think Cunningham is a massive bluffer.


Why?


He's working side by side with Nucifora and to a lesser extent Schmidt now but you would imagine certainly the former will be watching him. I dont know if he is a bluffer but he will be found out in the coming years if he is. I dont see there as being any hiding place for him now


Hes working well within his means, according to good posters on the fans forum he is told who to sign by the coaching team, so all he does is the negotiation. The Beeb press release when Kiss left also implies that, when it said he will take care of all recruitment business from here on in


The coaching staff give Bryn the criteria and he finds a shortlist of players that matches the criteria. Coaches watc the tape and then tell Bryn who to go for


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Posts: 1150
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
I still think Cunningham is a massive bluffer.


Why?


It is just the impression I have of the man, having met him a couple of times, what I have read and seen of him in the media and what other people have told me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21092
Any chance the IRFU will send Farrell and Easterby up to Belfast after the Six Nations to do a root and branch review? From what I understand Farrell was quiet scathing of Munster when he did his trip to Limerick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13281
Location: Belfast
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Any chance the IRFU will send Farrell and Easterby up to Belfast after the Six Nations to do a root and branch review? From what I understand Farrell was quiet scathing of Munster when he did his trip to Limerick.


Farrell wasn't mentioned. I wonder will he be in the Monday session


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 6189
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Any chance the IRFU will send Farrell and Easterby up to Belfast after the Six Nations to do a root and branch review? From what I understand Farrell was quiet scathing of Munster when he did his trip to Limerick.


BBC reported Farrell is coming up after 6N


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Posts: 1150
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Any chance the IRFU will send Farrell and Easterby up to Belfast after the Six Nations to do a root and branch review? From what I understand Farrell was quiet scathing of Munster when he did his trip to Limerick.


I would put money on him finding half the staff at Ulster not fit for purpose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2372
boringperson12 wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Any chance the IRFU will send Farrell and Easterby up to Belfast after the Six Nations to do a root and branch review? From what I understand Farrell was quiet scathing of Munster when he did his trip to Limerick.


I would put money on him finding half the staff at Ulster not fit for purpose.


Only Half? your an optimist


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:46 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 58403
Location: Dirty Leeds
Witchfinder General wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Any chance the IRFU will send Farrell and Easterby up to Belfast after the Six Nations to do a root and branch review? From what I understand Farrell was quiet scathing of Munster when he did his trip to Limerick.


I would put money on him finding half the staff at Ulster not fit for purpose.


Only Half? your an optimist

Doris does a great cup of tea in the office tbf.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14634
Well Herron's landed a spot with Jersey for next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13281
Location: Belfast
unseenwork wrote:
Well Herron's landed a spot with Jersey for next season.


The first casualty (by no means the last) of Operation Deadwood


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14634
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Well Herron's landed a spot with Jersey for next season.


The first casualty (by no means the last) of Operation Deadwood

I think there wasn't even a question of extending his contract from even the start of this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8993
unseenwork wrote:
Well Herron's landed a spot with Jersey for next season.


Jersey poaching the Ulster greats, Conor Joyce and now Herron.

Few quid on them for promotion


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 4047
Location: look behind you
SASP wrote:
France have only conceded 4 tries this Six Nations. The least in the tournament.
France - 4
England - 5
Scotland - 7
Ireland - 7
Wales - 8
Italy - 18


Ireland's defence is worrying this season.
Ireland won in 2014 and 2015 because we just didn't concede tries.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 pm
Posts: 4047
Location: look behind you
Just looked it up,
Conceded 3 in 2015 and 4 in 2014. 2018, 3 games in, conceded 7


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 14049
tiddle wrote:
Just looked it up,
Conceded 3 in 2015 and 4 in 2014. 2018, 3 games in, conceded 7

Conceding 3 tries vs Italy when we were ahead of them on the clock to 0 isn't that concerning tbh. The late tries vs France and Wales are more concerning. OTOH our backs are outscoring our forwards for once which is nice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53699
tiddle wrote:
SASP wrote:
France have only conceded 4 tries this Six Nations. The least in the tournament.
France - 4
England - 5
Scotland - 7
Ireland - 7
Wales - 8
Italy - 18


Ireland's defence is worrying this season.
Ireland won in 2014 and 2015 because we just didn't concede tries.


We've conceded 7 and are strong favourites because our gameplan no longer relies on tight defence/control of the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 53699
paddyor wrote:
tiddle wrote:
Just looked it up,
Conceded 3 in 2015 and 4 in 2014. 2018, 3 games in, conceded 7

Conceding 3 tries vs Italy when we were ahead of them on the clock to 0 isn't that concerning tbh. The late tries vs France and Wales are more concerning. OTOH our backs are outscoring our forwards for once which is nice.


The try against France doesn't bother me. Not scoring one against them certainly bothers me more although still not that much.

The tries against Italy are almost totally irrelevant.

The tries against Wales are certainly more concerning but instead of Ryan, Roux and Conan coming off the bench we've Porter, Hendo and Murphy which is a hell of a lot more secure defensively.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm
Posts: 22036
Kidney and Kiss appointment confirmed, good work by LI to get 2 guys of that caliber in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23153
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Kidney and Kiss appointment confirmed, good work by LI to get 2 guys of that caliber in.

Surprised Kidney has taken this on - thought he had pretty much opted out at this stage and he already had a cushy gig.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm
Posts: 22036
ZappaMan wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Kidney and Kiss appointment confirmed, good work by LI to get 2 guys of that caliber in.

Surprised Kidney has taken this on - thought he had pretty much opted out at this stage and he already had a cushy gig.


He's the technical director so could probably do it over Skype.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1325
Location: Down by the Riverside
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
Any chance the IRFU will send Farrell and Easterby up to Belfast after the Six Nations to do a root and branch review? From what I understand Farrell was quiet scathing of Munster when he did his trip to Limerick.


If they are cuming up for a root review, they could have a word with Jackson and Olding.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363795 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8287, 8288, 8289, 8290, 8291, 8292, 8293 ... 9095  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alliswell, assfly, backrow, Benthos, Bing [Bot], Blackrock Bullet, Bobless, Brazil, camroc1, CarrotGawks, cola cube, crash 669, danthefan, duke, earl the beaver, easyray, frankster, happyhooker, I like haggis, inactionman, Jumper, Lazy Couch potato, Leinster in London, Lemoentjie, Lenny, lorcanoworms, Margin_Walker, Mullet 2, MunsterMan!!!!!, nardol, OttawaKat, penguin, pjm1, Rossco, Saint, Sandstorm, Saturnine, slick, Stjudes, tabascoboy, Turbogoat, Willie Falloon, Xmas Turkey and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group