Planet Rugby Forum
http://forum.planetrugby.com/

The O'fficial Irish Rugby Thread
http://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48
Page 8452 of 9818

Author:  rfurlong [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

rialtoblue wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
rialtoblue wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
rialtoblue wrote:
Don't do it mullet, it's bad for your health. I dipped my toe in and was surprised to learn that I live in a country populated by paedo priests and babies buried in ditches. Came as quite the shock

Now uafc is mental, especially given what's happened over the past couple of weeks but that's just stupidity.


And it was far from an isolated case!

You are talking shit, the stupidity is from you.


Why dont you go over there and have a look for yourself earl



indeed ..... a cursory glance just there threw up some doozies, including:

The IRFU is beign referred to as the FIRFU ('F' for Fenian?)
The IRFU is being branded as sectarian
The Belfast Feminist Network is a shinner front
Ulster have been shafted by D4 bigots
People are calling for a boycott of Ireland matches given that the targeting of ulster extends back to Ruan

it goes on and on :lol:

Author:  hermie [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

CM11 wrote:
Anyway:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 14351.html

Some sort of typo in there about JGP when referencing the Sarries game (presume it was a comment on Lowe) but anyway, sounds very much like McGrath won't be making it but also a possibility that Henshaw might start with Nacewa on the wing which would mitigate a fair bit the loss of Lowe (who will definitely be the one to lose out if JGP has to play).

Wouldn't mitigate it at all for me. Henshaw just back from injury. Isa hasn't played on the wing much and when he has he's been poor over the past two seasons. Luke out is a disaster any way you sell it.

Author:  Liathroidigloine [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

irishrugbyua wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we have beaten:

Exeter X 2
Montpelier X 2
Glasgow X 2
Saracens

and you lads are shitting the bed because Luke McGrath is injured and will be replaced by JGP?


Scarlets are better than all those sides and JGP has hardly been convincing in his recent performances.


I'm not sure if you are serious but Scarlets wouldn't beat Exeter, Montpelier or Saracens.

They won 4 out of 6 in the pool stages including two wins against Treviso. They are a good side but our HC form has been exceptional.

Author:  Leinsterman [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Can't help but think that JGP will play much better if he has Sexton outside him giving him a bollocking for the whole match. It would have helped if Heaslip was still around to give guidance from the base of the scrum but that can't be helped. Also I feel we badly miss Ruddock because of his leadership but hopefully having the likes of Fardy back in the team will provide the steady hand which was something we lacked at this stage last year.

Author:  Liathroidigloine [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Leinsterman wrote:
Can't help but think that JGP will play much better if he has Sexton outside him giving him a bollocking for the whole match. It would have helped if Heaslip was still around to give guidance from the base of the scrum but that can't be helped. Also I feel we badly miss Ruddock because of his leadership but hopefully having the likes of Fardy back in the team will provide the steady hand which was something we lacked at this stage last year.


We will have leaders in the pack in Fardy, Ryan, Leavy and Toner. Sexton, Nacewa, Kearney are all leaders in the backs. That's more than enough.

Author:  unseenwork [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

rfurlong wrote:
indeed ..... a cursory glance just there threw up some doozies, including:

The IRFU is beign referred to as the FIRFU ('F' for Fenian?)
The IRFU is being branded as sectarian
The Belfast Feminist Network is a shinner front
Ulster have been shafted by D4 bigots
People are calling for a boycott of Ireland matches given that the targeting of ulster extends back to Ruan

it goes on and on :lol:

Nah the F is just for Fúcking.

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

hermie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Anyway:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 14351.html

Some sort of typo in there about JGP when referencing the Sarries game (presume it was a comment on Lowe) but anyway, sounds very much like McGrath won't be making it but also a possibility that Henshaw might start with Nacewa on the wing which would mitigate a fair bit the loss of Lowe (who will definitely be the one to lose out if JGP has to play).

Wouldn't mitigate it at all for me. Henshaw just back from injury. Isa hasn't played on the wing much and when he has he's been poor over the past two seasons. Luke out is a disaster any way you sell it.


As the article mentions, the backline suggested for the weekend is the same as the one that played Exeter back to back, bar McGrath.

Author:  hermie [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Leinsterman wrote:
Can't help but think that JGP will play much better if he has Sexton outside him giving him a bollocking for the whole match. It would have helped if Heaslip was still around to give guidance from the base of the scrum but that can't be helped. Also I feel we badly miss Ruddock because of his leadership but hopefully having the likes of Fardy back in the team will provide the steady hand which was something we lacked at this stage last year.

It's a massive game for Jamo. He's shown flashes of brilliance in his time here, more often than not off the bench. But Lancaster has done the right thing. Come out and back him early and get him in the right frame of mind. Sexton will steer him through it as well as you say.

Author:  hermie [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

CM11 wrote:
hermie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Anyway:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 14351.html

Some sort of typo in there about JGP when referencing the Sarries game (presume it was a comment on Lowe) but anyway, sounds very much like McGrath won't be making it but also a possibility that Henshaw might start with Nacewa on the wing which would mitigate a fair bit the loss of Lowe (who will definitely be the one to lose out if JGP has to play).

Wouldn't mitigate it at all for me. Henshaw just back from injury. Isa hasn't played on the wing much and when he has he's been poor over the past two seasons. Luke out is a disaster any way you sell it.


As the article mentions, the backline suggested for the weekend is the same as the one that played Exeter back to back, bar McGrath.

The games that we stuck it up the jumper for?

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

hermie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
hermie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Anyway:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 14351.html

Some sort of typo in there about JGP when referencing the Sarries game (presume it was a comment on Lowe) but anyway, sounds very much like McGrath won't be making it but also a possibility that Henshaw might start with Nacewa on the wing which would mitigate a fair bit the loss of Lowe (who will definitely be the one to lose out if JGP has to play).

Wouldn't mitigate it at all for me. Henshaw just back from injury. Isa hasn't played on the wing much and when he has he's been poor over the past two seasons. Luke out is a disaster any way you sell it.


As the article mentions, the backline suggested for the weekend is the same as the one that played Exeter back to back, bar McGrath.

The games that we stuck it up the jumper for?


I was going with the games we won but if you have a different metric knock yourself out:

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/matchstats? ... gue=271937

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/matchstats? ... gue=271937

Author:  Conn [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Have any Leinster and Munster boredies booked Bilbao yet?

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.


Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.

Author:  Uncle Fester [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we have beaten:

Exeter X 2
Montpelier X 2
Glasgow X 2
Saracens

and you lads are shitting the bed because Luke McGrath is injured and will be replaced by JGP?

Yes

And it saddens me to see the latest recipient of the boo boys ire is yet again another foreigner.

Author:  Uncle Fester [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Conn wrote:
Have any Leinster and Munster boredies booked Bilbao yet?

Yes but for September

Author:  Winnie [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

unseenwork wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
indeed ..... a cursory glance just there threw up some doozies, including:

The IRFU is beign referred to as the FIRFU ('F' for Fenian?)
The IRFU is being branded as sectarian
The Belfast Feminist Network is a shinner front
Ulster have been shafted by D4 bigots
People are calling for a boycott of Ireland matches given that the targeting of ulster extends back to Ruan

it goes on and on :lol:

Nah the F is just for Fúcking.

Trust you to go spoiling southern outrage
Lets just pretend its the other F word, that would make some on here feel better

Author:  Bullettyme [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Winnie wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
indeed ..... a cursory glance just there threw up some doozies, including:

The IRFU is beign referred to as the FIRFU ('F' for Fenian?)
The IRFU is being branded as sectarian
The Belfast Feminist Network is a shinner front
Ulster have been shafted by D4 bigots
People are calling for a boycott of Ireland matches given that the targeting of ulster extends back to Ruan

it goes on and on :lol:

Nah the F is just for Fúcking.

Trust you to go spoiling southern outrage
Lets just pretend its the other F word, that would make some on here feel better


Yes, we're clearly the problem here :lol:

Author:  unseenwork [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Winnie wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
indeed ..... a cursory glance just there threw up some doozies, including:

The IRFU is beign referred to as the FIRFU ('F' for Fenian?)
The IRFU is being branded as sectarian
The Belfast Feminist Network is a shinner front
Ulster have been shafted by D4 bigots
People are calling for a boycott of Ireland matches given that the targeting of ulster extends back to Ruan

it goes on and on :lol:

Nah the F is just for Fúcking.

Trust you to go spoiling southern outrage
Lets just pretend its the other F word, that would make some on here feel better

Fintona.

Author:  EverReady [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Outrage. Laughing our winning holes off you mean

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Uncle Fester wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we have beaten:

Exeter X 2
Montpelier X 2
Glasgow X 2
Saracens

and you lads are shitting the bed because Luke McGrath is injured and will be replaced by JGP?

Yes

And it saddens me to see the latest recipient of the boo boys ire is yet again another foreigner.


:lol:

Author:  unseenwork [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Glasgow this week then for Ulster, one would imagine mostly the same team from last week with probably Treadwell dropped for AOC. I wonder though if Reidy did enough to keep his spot from Timoney? He certainly didn't really do anything wrong, but you know the more experience under Timoney's belt the better. God knows what might happen at loosehead this week, maybe they'll throw McCall in there if he's not injured?

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.


Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.


McFadden has scored twice this season and they were both in that Ulster game. So if that's what you mean by middle of the season then sure thing.

As for your second point. If Henshaw is available the wingers would either be Nacewa and Lowe or Nacewa and McFadden. So no, you need to compare Lowe and McFadden because it's that's the selection decision.

Edit, it's 2 tries and 2 assists vs 9 tries and 5 assists. Not actually true my arse :lol:

Author:  Winnie [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

EverReady wrote:
Outrage. Laughing our winning holes off you mean

Says a lot to be fair

Author:  Bullettyme [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Conn wrote:
Have any Leinster and Munster boredies booked Bilbao yet?


Had a look at flights. Complete rip off at this stage, even to Santander. You'd probably be best flying to Madrid on Friday and bus/train up as soon as you arrive.

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.


Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.


McFadden has scored twice this season and they were both in that Ulster game. So if that's what you mean by middle of the season then sure thing.

As for your second point. If Henshaw is available the wingers would either be Nacewa and Lowe or Nacewa and McFadden. So no, you need to compare Lowe and McFadden because it's that's the selection decision.

Edit, it's 2 tries and 2 assists vs 9 tries and 5 assists. Not actually true my arse :lol:


Sigh.

McFadden was making breaks, beating defenders and generally playing very well in attack in the middle part of the season which is why most felt he deserved to be in the Six Nations squad even if they wanted Larmour picked ahead of him.

I never said he was comparable to Lowe, just that he was in good attacking form.

In terms of comparing our backline v Saracens to the backline that has to start this weekend because of McGrath's injury then yes, it is Nacewa that gets compared, not McFadden. I imagine if McGrath makes it then Henshaw will bench.

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Bullettyme wrote:
Conn wrote:
Have any Leinster and Munster boredies booked Bilbao yet?


Had a look at flights. Complete rip off at this stage, even to Santander. You'd probably be best flying to Madrid on Friday and bus/train up as soon as you arrive.


Can fly in and out of Gijon for 290 which is the only remotely affordable fights I can see.

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

CM11 wrote:
Sigh.


Oh piss off and stop talking shite. You were wrong.

Author:  Mullet 2 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Stats loves a good sigh

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Sigh.


Oh piss off and stop talking shite. You were wrong.


Do you think I didn't check his stats? You think the only way to create a try is to be the person who makes the last pass?

You disagree with my opinion, fair enough, stop being a twat about it.

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Mullet 2 wrote:
Stats loves a good sigh


It's better than the alternative!

Author:  EverReady [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Winnie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Outrage. Laughing our winning holes off you mean

Says a lot to be fair


Winnie I took 5 minutes out to read two threads on UAFC. Besides the aforementioned stuff there is people saying that won't support 'that' team as in Ireland, referring to Tommy Bowe as Timmy and insulting him etc etc. Did it ever occur to you that you are the problem not everybody else?

Author:  Duff Paddy [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

He has you there Stats :lol:

Author:  hermie [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
JGP has actually been a good bit better this season. He started down in Thomond for example and played well. He'll have a proper team with a pack not phoning it in this weekend. Lowe missing out is the worst part of this imo. He scores and creates tries. McFadden just doesn't, as well as he's played this season.


Well, that's not actually true, McFadden was scoring and creating tries in the middle part of the season. He's not in as good form currently though.

But it's Nacewa (or Larmour) you need to compare Lowe with and that's a much more favourable comparison even if Lowe is a loss.


McFadden has scored twice this season and they were both in that Ulster game. So if that's what you mean by middle of the season then sure thing.

As for your second point. If Henshaw is available the wingers would either be Nacewa and Lowe or Nacewa and McFadden. So no, you need to compare Lowe and McFadden because it's that's the selection decision.

Edit, it's 2 tries and 2 assists vs 9 tries and 5 assists. Not actually true my arse :lol:

I'd actually take McFadden over Isa on the wing and agree with Stats that he's had a very good season. But there's no chance Isa doesn't start. Does Henshaw necessarily start straight away with no gametime? Larmour should come in for Lowe imo

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Sigh.


Oh piss off and stop talking shite. You were wrong.


Do you think I didn't check his stats? You think the only way to create a try is to be the person who makes the last pass?

You disagree with my opinion, fair enough, stop being a twat about it.


If you'd checked the stats and saw one guy had 14 tries and assists and another guy had 4 and then came up with "that's not actually true" to what I said then you can sigh away all you like.

Author:  Bullettyme [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Conn wrote:
Have any Leinster and Munster boredies booked Bilbao yet?


Had a look at flights. Complete rip off at this stage, even to Santander. You'd probably be best flying to Madrid on Friday and bus/train up as soon as you arrive.


Can fly in and out of Gijon for 290 which is the only remotely affordable fights I can see.


Can you fly to Gijon? Skyscanner kept directing me to Asturias but that was with a layover in Stanstead. About €50+ then for a bus from the airport to Bilbao (at some unpleasant times)

My dad was talking about flying to Vigo, I told him he was out of his tree.

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Duff Paddy wrote:
He has you there Stats :lol:


Has me where? He'd have some sort of point if I was trying to compare McFadden with Lowe as opposed to just saying that McFadden was in good attacking form.

You'd have to be a bit bonkers to either say or think I was saying that McFadden was generating the same attacking ball as Lowe.

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Sigh.


Oh piss off and stop talking shite. You were wrong.


Do you think I didn't check his stats? You think the only way to create a try is to be the person who makes the last pass?

You disagree with my opinion, fair enough, stop being a twat about it.


If you'd checked the stats and saw one guy had 14 tries and assists and another guy had 4 and then came up with "that's not actually true" to what I said then you can sigh away all you like.


Ah, you are actually bonkers and think I was comparing the two directly. Even after I said Nacewa compares more favorably with Lowe.

Author:  Winnie [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

EverReady wrote:
Winnie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Outrage. Laughing our winning holes off you mean

Says a lot to be fair


Winnie I took 5 minutes out to read two threads on UAFC. Besides the aforementioned stuff there is people saying that won't support 'that' team as in Ireland, referring to Tommy Bowe as Timmy and insulting him etc etc. Did it ever occur to you that you are the problem not everybody else?

I dont post on UAFC
Some of that is over the top but perhaps some on here are looking for outrage (I mean jumping to conclusions about what the F means in FIRFU, and Timmy rather than Tommy, they are beside each other on the keyboard or it could be an autocorrect, it just shows that each support has its own lunatic fringe)

People are angry, people when they are angry lash out thats why on game threads on here mods cut some slack on those threads

If you think its hilarious that what should be one of the powerhouses of Irish rugby is in a state then you need perhaps to have a word with yourself

Author:  danthefan [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

So what wasn't actually true then?

Author:  CM11 [ Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The Official Irish Rugby Thread

danthefan wrote:
So what wasn't actually true then?


That in his own right McFadden wasn't creating anything this season. He has had his best season in ages in that regard. He's not just running into players. He's beating defenders and making breaks.

It's a given that Lowe will be a loss. I've gone on record that I think he's so important that I'd start McCarthy and bench Rock just so he could play. This really wasn't about saying McFadden would compensate, as I've made clear throughout.

Page 8452 of 9818 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/