Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8571, 8572, 8573, 8574, 8575, 8576, 8577 ... 8978  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:25 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Winnie wrote:
crouchy wrote:
IMO if Gibbes signs for La Rochelle he's a twat.

He is a liar at the very least

He's also fúcked over any possible future employment by the IRFU.

But do you really want a coach that very obviously doesn't want to be there ? And that is Ulsters big problem, the atmosphere is obviously poisonous.

He triggered a contractual out and it suited both parties not to investigate the trigger too carefully.

Our CEO came out and said the circumstances under which he continued on here were harrowing and he deserved great credit for it. If he takes another European role im not sure that stands up. This is why things are toxic. There is zero trust between players and fans and management.

well done Earls, well deserved. Stockdale too albeit Ryan has a decent sized claim to it.

Meh, Stockdale was always going to win it. Whilst Ryan has been superb, Jacob beat a longstanding record as top try scorer and won player of the championship by a considerable margin.

He was always going to win Young player.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:24 am 

It's pretty impressive to go from youngster without a single minute of pro rugby to indisputably Ireland's best lock since POC in the space of a season though.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:24 am 

Diego wrote:
It's pretty impressive to go from youngster without a single minute of pro rugby to indisputably Ireland's best lock since POC in the space of a season though.

You'll get a few with that.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 am 

feckwanker wrote:
Diego wrote:

Why? I'm not fishing. :?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:29 am 

Diego wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
Diego wrote:

You're a tease. But he certainly will be anyway

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 am 

Diego wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 am 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Diego wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:38 am 

Diego wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
Diego wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am 

crouchy wrote:
IMO if Gibbes signs for La Rochelle he's a twat.

Going from forwards coach at a shit club to top coach at a top club. I really hope you aren´t a careers guidance councillor although it might help explain the Northern Irish economy.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 am 

Keith Earls - POTY
Jacob Stockdale - Younh POTY
Bundee Aki - Fans player of year(public vote)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:48 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Keith Earls - POTY

That will have Franno choking on his porridge

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:49 am 

The fans vote :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 am 

He has been class for Ireland tbf. Won't get his game with the European Champion Ringshaw fit though.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 am 

Porterbelly1 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Keith Earls - POTY

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:02 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Porterbelly1 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Keith Earls - POTY

Whats the 4 star thing about?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:02 am 

Apparently Will Connors is staying with Leinster.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 am 

Quote:
Devin Toner is occasionally hidden-in-plain-sight on a rugby pitch, eclipsed by more eye-catching contributions from his team-mates but they are the very people who would never overlook or underestimate the input and impact of the six foot, eleven inch secondrow.

Toner, who along with Cian Healy, Isa Nacewa and Johnny Sexton equalled the record of four European Cup wins previously jointly held by former France internationals Cédric Heymans and Fréderic Michalak, played more minutes (673) than any other Leinster player in this season’s tournament and was only one of two players – tighthead prop Tadhg Furlong was the other – who started in all nine matches.

It’s an achievement that represents remarkable physical endurance given the nature of the matches and calibre of the opposition especially for a player with a voracious workload on both sides of the ball. Only two players Jack Conan (86) and Robbie Henshaw (83) made more tackles than Toner’s final tally (79).

The secondrow played all bar 47 of the maximum 720 minutes from the nine matches while other numbers that define his input is that he claimed Leinster’s most lineout steals and lineouts won (36), the third-highest in the competition behind Munster’s Peter O’Mahony (42) and Racing 92 and 2018 European player-of-the-year Leone Nakawara (38).

Towering Toner. :smug:

irishrugbyua wrote:

Development deal?

Quote:
According to the official statistics James Ryan (74) did not miss a single tackle in the five matches in which he started and the four when introduced as a replacement.

Quote:
Jack Conan was very honest in assessing the areas of his game that needed to be improved a little and one of those he highlighted was his work-rate in defence. He honoured this commitment leading the team in tackles (86) despite starting only six matches.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Development deal?

Dunno.. wait and see, i'm still somewhat skeptical, given he was absent from yesterdays announcement.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Quote:
According to the official statistics James Ryan (74) did not miss a single tackle in the five matches in which he started and the four when introduced as a replacement.

Quote:
Jack Conan was very honest in assessing the areas of his game that needed to be improved a little and one of those he highlighted was his work-rate in defence. He honoured this commitment leading the team in tackles (86) despite starting only six matches.

Conan's stats were incredible up to about Christmas. He was in unreal form. Tailed off a bit but would be starting him this weekend for sure.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 am 

Cummiskey reporting that Furlong is the 3rd highest paid player in the country behind Sexton/Murray.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 am 

Toner is like a good whiskey, gets better with age :nod:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:26 am 

Quote:
The likes of Ian Keatley, Rory Scannell, Niall Scannell, Ultan Dillane, Josh van der Flier, Dave Kilcoyne, Sam Arnold and Luke McGrath were recognised at the Zurich Irish Rugby Awards ceremony in Dublin on Wednesday night.

Ireland head coach Joe Schmidt presented some of the players from Ireland's wider Six Nations squad with winners' medals and thanked them for their contributions to the Grand Slam success.

McGrath and van der Flier were both at the ceremony and accepted their medals, which were obtained by Ireland's director of operations Ger Carmody. Schmidt commented:

"Josh was on the pitch [against France] and a few of the guys were very close to the pitch. Luke was on the bench for that France game but didn't get on."

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am 

I love the way he says ´Luke was on the bench but didn´t get on´. Its almost like he had nothing to do with that decision :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am 

boringperson12 wrote:

You cant detach him from the success his teams have had. Obviously i'd prefer a Hendo/Ryan partnership in green but Toner deserves a serious amount of credit. 3 6N titles now is it? Was he involved in Leinsters 2009 run as well? Big ungainly fecker but very likeable

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 am 

boringperson12 wrote:

Yup, give it another decade and at this rate and he could become an average international lock :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 am 

I'd say Toner will be proudest by far with this year's medal. Wasn't centrally involved in the other wins.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 am 

CM11 wrote:
I'd say Toner will be proudest by far with this year's medal. Wasn't centrally involved in the other wins.

yeah he has said as much.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:40 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:

yeah he has said as much.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

You cant detach him from the success his teams have had. Obviously i'd prefer a Hendo/Ryan partnership in green but Toner deserves a serious amount of credit. 3 6N titles now is it? Was he involved in Leinsters 2009 run as well? Big ungainly fecker but very likeable

Yeah he was the bench lock back in 2009. Don't think he played a whole pile though tbh.

Started all 9 games for Leinster this season in the Spiv Cup. Only himself and Furlong did that I think.

Last edited by danthefan on Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 am 

Toner actually looks more dynamic and powerful this year, has Lancaster got the Leinster forwards to slimdown? Healy and Cronin have mentioned dropping some pounds this season.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 am 

danthefan wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

Yeah he was the bench lock back in 2009. Don't think he played a whole pile though tbh.

Started all 9 games for Leinster this season in the Spiv Cup. Only himself and Furlong did that I think.

Going to be some dog fight for second row from now on.

James Ryan plus one of Henderson, Toner or Beirne.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:47 am 

boringperson12 wrote:
Toner actually looks more dynamic and powerful this year, has Lancaster got the Leinster forwards to slimdown? Healy and Cronin have mentioned dropping some pounds this season.

got Toner to slim down anyway, could have gotten others.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 am 

Furlong looked "off" on Saturday. I watched the game back to see was my first impression wrong (it often is) but there was little in the way of carries or those huge tackles he made in other games. He hasn't been over played so unlikely that it's fatigue, could be carrying a knock.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:02 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Furlong looked "off" on Saturday. I watched the game back to see was my first impression wrong (it often is) but there was little in the way of carries or those huge tackles he made in other games. He hasn't been over played so unlikely that it's fatigue, could be carrying a knock.

Fair play to you for watching that back but yeah he seriously under-performed by his own standards.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:10 am 

danthefan wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

I love the way you quote things you saw in a newspaper article as if you´d just thought of them yourself

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 am 

hermie wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Fair play to you for watching that back but yeah he seriously under-performed by his own standards.

Woke up at 3am and went looking for something to put me back to sleep. I was listening to EOS on the radio on Monday and Gilroy(?) was praising Iiribaren. EOS politely said that while his kicking was excellent, he killed all momentum that Racing had through his glacial decision making. That tactic might have worked in the past but Racing were unable to bully the Leinster pack and that is why they eventually lost.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 am 

hermie wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Was listening to Luke Fitz's podcast this morning and they were commenting on Furlong being quieter than usual. They discussed whether Leinster were a bit cautious of overplaying things in the face of Racing's excellent defense, and so some guys were more restricted to close in work than in other games. Probably an element of that, plus the conditions, too.

Last edited by Nolanator on Thu May 17, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 am 

Ulsters - Will Henderson be fit for Australia? If its just a tweak he'd be out 3-4 weeks? Havent heard it was a tear....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359099 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8571, 8572, 8573, 8574, 8575, 8576, 8577 ... 8978  Next