Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8576, 8577, 8578, 8579, 8580, 8581, 8582 ... 8981  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Great article with Mushy on depression. Seems to be quite a lot of ex pros coming forward these days saying how hard the mental aspect can be.

http://the42.ie/4015798

Really fantastic article, just goes to show you have no idea what players are going though. Even aside from the depression all the commentary on his unfulfilled potential that he had during his career, while he was going through all those injuries/illnesses. It's easy to criticize from the bar stool I guess.
He comes across as a great guy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Great article with Mushy on depression. Seems to be quite a lot of ex pros coming forward these days saying how hard the mental aspect can be.

That is a very hard hitting interview. I knew about his wife but not those other things, very sad. The last couple of lines probably say it all, good on him for talking about it and getting it out there, I hope it encourages others to do the same.

On the Tomane thing, the chap has been fairly tirelessly commenting on each of the Leinster players instagram photos of last weekend. Must be getting hella FOMO :lol: would be a good signing.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:25 am 

Bullettyme wrote:

On the Tomane thing, the chap has been fairly tirelessly commenting on each of the Leinster players instagram photos of last weekend. Must be getting hella FOMO :lol: would be a good signing.

seen he commented on Fardys Instagram photo, didn't notice him on any others.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:53 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Some first post from Fardy anyway. Definitely had seen him on a few others as well, even though I don't follow him (or most of the Leinster players), his name pops up as a displays as a commenter.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:59 am 

de_Selby wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Really fantastic article, just goes to show you have no idea what players are going though. Even aside from the depression all the commentary on his unfulfilled potential that he had during his career, while he was going through all those injuries/illnesses. It's easy to criticize from the bar stool I guess.

Great piece, fair play to Buckley for the honesty and even the follow-up call to make sure there's no confusion about why he's speaking on this topic of mental health.

Paul Dollery is a great all-rounder sports journalist, has had some great interviews and articles on topics ranging from GAA to MMA to LoI football to rugby.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am 

danthefan wrote:
jezzer wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
Tomane to Leinster story seems to have some legs.

Wants to be on the other side of a spanking in the RDS for once.

Weird one. I'd have thought centre would be our big priority signing if we were going overseas for a player.

He can play multiple positions in the backs. He's probably played everywhere from 11 to 14 at a guess.

Played 10 as well after Steyn was sent off. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:09 am 

de_Selby wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Yeah, I feel bad for some of the shit I directed his way.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:11 am 

Bullettyme wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Some first post from Fardy anyway. Definitely had seen him on a few others as well, even though I don't follow him (or most of the Leinster players), his name pops up as a displays as a commenter.

Tomane and Fardy were at the Brumbies together for years.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:11 am 

danthefan wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Tomane and Fardy were at the Brumbies together for years.

I know?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:
I hold no ill-will toward Gibbes.
Ulster have served him a complete shit sandwich this season after probably promising him world domination during his courtship last year.
Unless your heart is in the fight (his clearly isn't) its better for both parties to part ways, irrespective of what reason has been given by Logan.
Good luck to him.

Very generous. It's a dick move either way you slice it. He's basically done a Stephen Ireland. At least Ireland has the excuse of being a thick plum.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:17 am 

Hellraiser wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
sewa wrote:
Conn wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
just looking at the list of players there are 18 who aren't from the munster system in their squad, it's a mix of southern hemisphere and leinster players.

this isn't meant as a dig but is there a real risk of the munster identity/culture being diluted?

Like fúck it isn't

Exactly, I can't imagine he was protesting at Gleeson, Whitaker, contepomi etc all the same team

Ah now, Gleeson was Booterstown born and bred. His family's pub is still there.

At the same time Gleeson himself admitted Ireland was the fall back option.

The fallback option that forced Shane Jennings to play on the blindside?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:21 am 

Who gives a shit. It goes in cycles, there were Leinster matchday squads with six or seven NIQs back in the day, weren't there? Bit of common sense not holding back any particular prospects and we're sorted

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:21 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:
jezzer wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
Tomane to Leinster story seems to have some legs.

Wants to be on the other side of a spanking in the RDS for once.

Weird one. I'd have thought centre would be our big priority signing if we were going overseas for a player.

can play 12, believe he started there against us.

Personally i'd pass on him, but can see why there are looking for an experienced versatile back to come in.

If he can play 12 I'd be all for it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am 

hermie wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:
Ulster have served him a complete shit sandwich this season after probably promising him world domination during his courtship last year.
Unless your heart is in the fight (his clearly isn't) its better for both parties to part ways, irrespective of what reason has been given by Logan.
Good luck to him.

Very generous. It's a dick move either way you slice it. He's basically done a Stephen Ireland. At least Ireland has the excuse of being a thick plum.

You'd need to be in full possession of the facts before you could categorically call Gibbes a dick.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:33 am 

Didn't Gleeson go back to Australia after he retired?

I know Smith was younger, but his career coincided with George Smith, Phil Waugh, etc, plus the tail end of the 99 Wallabies. Understandable that he'd go home for a bit to make a career.

Especially when there were only 3 Aussie Super teams back then.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:34 am 

Tomane must have a koplac passport as signing another Aussie would be daft otherwise. How long until the projects like jpg etc get an Irish passport

Picking carbery at fb will certainly make him think about his prospects for the rwc.....send him on South we’ll look after him :D

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:37 am 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Tomane must have a koplac passport as signing another Aussie would be daft otherwise. How long until the projects like jpg etc get an Irish passport

Picking carbery at fb will certainly make him think about his prospects for the rwc.....send him on South we’ll look after him :D

He was never going to start ahead of Byrne at this stage of the season.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:37 am 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:

JGP qualifies for Ireland in August 2019 afaik.

Will that make him kolpak? Dunno..

passport takes 5 years residency iirc

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:38 am 

ZuLu wrote:
Who gives a shit. It goes in cycles, there were Leinster matchday squads with six or seven NIQs back in the day, weren't there? Bit of common sense not holding back any particular prospects and we're sorted

Le Roux, CJ, Stan, Jowitt, Rocky, Whits, Felipe and Isa were all here at some point in 2008. Possibly had 7 in a matchday squad between them on occasion.

CM11 wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

He would if Kearney was playing.

Why? He'll be going as cover for sure even if he's not in the first choice XV at provincial level. Sexton and Kearney are not missing a second of anything that matters at the WC, no matter what Carbery does between now and then

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:39 am 

Diego wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

He would if Kearney was playing.

Doubt it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:39 am 

CM11 wrote:
hermie wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:
Good luck to him.

You'd need to be in full possession of the facts before you could categorically call Gibbes a dick.

He said he needs to return home for family reasons and is now interviewing for jobs on the continent. If that's not the case I apologise.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:41 am 

hermie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
hermie wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:
Good luck to him.

He said he needs to return home for family reasons and is now interviewing for jobs on the continent. If that's not the case I apologise.

That is an outline of the facts. Not necessarily all of them. Apparently his mother has a terminal illness. Who knows what happened between him making the decision to return home to spend more time with her and now?

He might be a dick but when it comes to private matters which he's hardly going to make public I'd personally be holding off on both barrels.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 am 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:

He must do because I'm pretty sure I've seen him play alongside Cruden and Mogg.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am 

Anyone who posts on F365, Stats has turned into Dags in recent years!! Like some sort of robot forummer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:45 am 

ZuLu wrote:
Anyone who posts on F365, Stats has turned into Dags in recent years!! Like some sort of robot forummer

:?:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 am 

CM11 wrote:
ZuLu wrote:

:?:

Just the way I see you post man, it's like you've taken your narrative to the extreme in recent years. Nothing personal, just looks very dour all the bleeding time. Lighten up :proud:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:02 pm 

The Ulster team.

Spoiler: show

:uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 pm 

Quote:
Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Joey Carbery (35)
14. Jordan Larmour (20)
13. Garry Ringrose (48)
12. Isa Nacewa (183) CAPTAIN
11. James Lowe (11)
10. Ross Byrne (48)
9. Luke McGrath (93)
1. Jack McGrath (131)
2. Seán Cronin (151)
3. Tadhg Furlong (82)
4. Devin Toner (216)
5. James Ryan (13)
6. Rhys Ruddock (140)
7. Jordi Murphy (105)
8. Jack Conan (72)

16. James Tracy (64)
17. Cian Healy (189)
18. Andrew Porter (28)
19. Scott Fardy (20)
20. Max Deegan (20)
21. Nick McCarthy (26)
22. Rory O’Loughlin (40)
23. Barry Daly (26)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 pm 

We're going to be bummed. AWJ and Davies will eat that pack alive in the tight and Tipuric is going to own the breakdown. We have zero depth and a load of injuries and simply can't cope.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm 

At least there's the potential of Regan getting his debut.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:05 pm 

Quote:
Munster: Simon Zebo; Andrew Conway, Sammy Arnold, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Jack O’Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, Ciaran Parker, Gerbrandt Grobler, Robin Copeland, Duncan Williams, Ian Keatley, Darren Sweetnam.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:06 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
The Ulster team.

:uhoh:

That pack

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:07 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
We're going to be bummed. AWJ and Davies will eat that pack alive in the tight and Tipuric is going to own the breakdown. We have zero depth and a load of injuries and simply can't cope.

That pack's gonna get fudged.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

Unless Timoney, Treadwell, AoC and co show up in a big way i agree but thats worth watching for imo. Similarly O'Toole and Regan. If they pull it off it will do serious stuff for their confidence going into pre season

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:15 pm 

I think we will lose in a tight one to Leinster - I am sure we will be up for it but JJ just doesnt have the consistent game to break them down for 80 min and think the bench will swing it.

Ulster.... I really hope you lads win but thats got to be one of the weakest packs I have ever seen an Irish side put out... just need to attempt to gain parity and get the ball wide.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 pm 

And here's what we're up against:

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:17 pm 

Is Dalton injured?

That would mean:

1. McCall
2. Best
3. Herbst
4. Henderson
5. Dalton
6. Rea
7. Coetzee
8. Deysel

Are all injured. That pack would utterly wipe the floor with what we're putting out on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:19 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Is Dalton injured?

That would mean:

1. McCall
2. Best
3. Herbst
4. Henderson
5. Dalton
6. Rea
7. Coetzee
8. Deysel

Are all injured. That pack would utterly wipe the floor with what we're putting out on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure he is, no idea what though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8576, 8577, 8578, 8579, 8580, 8581, 8582 ... 8981  Next