Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8771, 8772, 8773, 8774, 8775, 8776, 8777 ... 8985  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14411
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21734
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Daly has the size to be an option for Joe if he gets a big run of form.

Hmm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
Ben Jones, Niall Hilliard, Ryan Doyle and Jack Hanley representing Leinster U18’s V Northampton from MU Barnhall. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14411
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.

Hmm, Cooney would be a massive deal if he's rested. We don't have a scrumhalf if so. I don't think he will be all that much though.

Jordi we'll be able to manage, keeping him available for the big games.


Last edited by unseenwork on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.

Hmm, Cooney would be a massive deal if he's rested. We don't have a scrumhalf if so.

I don't think he will be all that much though.


Henderson too..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14411
Herring gets rested as well as Best then that's just more gametime for McBurney, so that'd be a positive.

Best and Cooney are definitely the big ones, Henderson already spends enough time out of team between injuries and international rest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33666
Location: Pigdogistan
irishrugbyua wrote:
Will affect Leinster hugely.



Meh.
Mostly the likes of Sexton, Henshaw, Ringrose, Rob, Larmour and the tight 5. We've enough established depth in the tight for to rotate guys in and out to manage gametime. More opportunity for Ross Byrne, ROL and various wingers (Daly, Adam Byrne) to get lots of gametime and continue developing. Good that we have Tomane in the mix now.

Backrow will be a bit thin on the ground to start with, but Fardy will fill in there if needed in big games with Toner/Ryan playing second row. Otherwise it means more opportunity for Deegan et al. to push on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:44 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14945
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.


Yup, saw those comments from VG. The Rabo will be like watching paint dry. At least he confirmed Carberrys on an initial two year deal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 52859
Daly has been unavailable for a large chunk of his post u20 career. Some people being very harsh on him. He may not have been a Ringrose but nothing to say he's not a Beirne.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11867
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.

Will it though?

What with the best academy in Europe and all that. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7784
Willie Falloon wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.

Will it though?

What with the best academy in Europe and all that. :roll:


Well they are supplying half your team these days ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7784
cfm93 wrote:
Quote:
Leinster Rugby Head Coach Leo Cullen has confirmed his senior coaching team for the season ahead with the addition of one other member to his back room staff. Former Leinster Rugby Elite Player Development Officer (EPDO) Hugh Hogan will work with the senior team for the season ahead as a Contact Skills Coach. The new role will also include Hogan working with Leinster Rugby age grade players and coaches


Anyone know what a contact skills coach does?


Hugh will do a good job, he is a tough f*cker and been heavily involved in the academy for the last few years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
Willie Falloon wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.

Will it though?

What with the best academy in Europe and all that. :roll:


Might make it harder to win everything again. :D

But as you rightly point out, the academy is excellent, Ulster fans should know this as you watched a Leinster academy player star for Ulster last season and of course watched a team made up of leinster academy players defeat Ulster twice and win the double.

Spoiler: show
Image


Last edited by irishrugbyua on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
CM11 wrote:
Daly has been unavailable for a large chunk of his post u20 career. Some people being very harsh on him. He may not have been a Ringrose but nothing to say he's not a Beirne.


that's some extreme optimism on Daly.

Beirne was a better player as a u20 and is a better athlete.

Hope i'm wrong on Daly, but I just don't see it based on his career to date.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 52859
irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Daly has been unavailable for a large chunk of his post u20 career. Some people being very harsh on him. He may not have been a Ringrose but nothing to say he's not a Beirne.


that's some extreme optimism on Daly.

Beirne was a better player as a u20 and is a better athlete.

Hope i'm wrong on Daly, but I just don't see it based on his career to date.


I was impressed by Daly at u20s. And it's not exactly extreme optimism to say he might start performing to a provincial standard once he actually gets an injury free run. The Beirne thing was more comparing the injury issues and unavailability only to start performing with a run of games rather than saying he was going to be making Irish squads within a year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
CM11 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Daly has been unavailable for a large chunk of his post u20 career. Some people being very harsh on him. He may not have been a Ringrose but nothing to say he's not a Beirne.


that's some extreme optimism on Daly.

Beirne was a better player as a u20 and is a better athlete.

Hope i'm wrong on Daly, but I just don't see it based on his career to date.


I was impressed by Daly at u20s. And it's not exactly extreme optimism to say he might start performing to a provincial standard once he actually gets an injury free run. The Beirne thing was more comparing the injury issues and unavailability only to start performing with a run of games rather than saying he was going to be making Irish squads within a year.


As I said, he will be doing very well to have a leinster contract next season, in fact he is pretty lucky to have one now.

We shall see how he goes this season, if he stays healthy, but i'm not expecting much. More hope for Conor O'Brien as a big 12/13.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
Extended Leinster Schools squad:

Props
Sam Ilo(Wesley)
Hugo O'Malley(Blackrock)
Levi Vaughan(Terenure)
Jack Boyle(St. Michaels)
Shane Connolly(Roscrea)
Hugh Flood(Belvedere)

Hooker
Lee Barron(St. Michaels)
Callum Dowling(Clongowes)
Jamie Kavanagh(Wesley)

Lock
Max Mellett(Castleknock)
Aaron Deegan(Terenure)
Alex Soroka(Belvedere)
Conor Carson(Gonzaga)

Backrow
Jonathan Fish(St. Michaels)
Jack Guinane(St. Michaels)
Jack Barry(Gonzaga)
Aaron Coleman(Belvedere)
Tom Gilheaney(Clongowes)
Will Hickey(St. Michaels)
Gavin Meagher(Roscrea)
Barry Dooley(Clongowes)

Scrumhalf
Ben Murphy(Pres Bray)
Rob Gilsenan(St. Michaels)

Outhalf
Niall Carroll(St. Michaels)
David Wilkinson(Clongowes)

Outside Backs
Justin Leonard(Belvedere)
Arthur Henry(Gonzaga)
Chris Cosgrave(St. Michaels)
Matt Grogan(Belvedere)
Ed Kelly(St. Michaels)
Tim O'Brien(Clongowes)
Simon O'Kelly(St. Michaels)
Josh Pyper(Pres Bray)
Chris Grimes(Clongowes)
Matthew McGetrick(Terenure)
Dylan O'Grady(Belvedere)
Zach Harrison(St. Michaels)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8341
irishrugbyua wrote:
Extended Leinster Schools squad:

Props
Sam Ilo(Wesley)
Hugo O'Malley(Blackrock)
Levi Vaughan(Terenure)
Jack Boyle(St. Michaels)
Shane Connolly(Roscrea)
Hugh Flood(Belvedere)

Hooker
Lee Barron(St. Michaels)
Callum Dowling(Clongowes)
Jamie Kavanagh(Wesley)

Lock
Max Mellett(Castleknock)
Aaron Deegan(Terenure)
Alex Soroka(Belvedere)
Conor Carson(Gonzaga)

Backrow
Jonathan Fish(St. Michaels)
Jack Guinane(St. Michaels)
Jack Barry(Gonzaga)
Aaron Coleman(Belvedere)
Tom Gilheaney(Clongowes)
Will Hickey(St. Michaels)
Gavin Meagher(Roscrea)
Barry Dooley(Clongowes)

Scrumhalf
Ben Murphy(Pres Bray)
Rob Gilsenan(St. Michaels)

Outhalf
Niall Carroll(St. Michaels)
David Wilkinson(Clongowes)

Outside Backs
Justin Leonard(Belvedere)
Arthur Henry(Gonzaga)
Chris Cosgrave(St. Michaels)
Matt Grogan(Belvedere)
Ed Kelly(St. Michaels)
Tim O'Brien(Clongowes)
Simon O'Kelly(St. Michaels)
Josh Pyper(Pres Bray)
Chris Grimes(Clongowes)
Matthew McGetrick(Terenure)
Dylan O'Grady(Belvedere)
Zach Harrison(St. Michaels)


Lots of 5th years there?
Slim pickings for Rock?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8341
sewa wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.


Yup, saw those comments from VG. The Rabo will be like watching paint dry. At least he confirmed Carberrys on an initial two year deal


Yep, as suspected Carberry is viewing Munster as an extended loan exercise just to put him in the shop window for Japan.

Look forward to seeing him back in the Leinster camp 6 months after the World Cup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
rfurlong wrote:
sewa wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.


Yup, saw those comments from VG. The Rabo will be like watching paint dry. At least he confirmed Carberrys on an initial two year deal


Yep, as suspected Carberry is viewing Munster as an extended loan exercise just to put him in the shop window for Japan.

Look forward to seeing him back in the Leinster camp 6 months after the World Cup


I'd be surprised if he came back, but stranger things have happened.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
rfurlong wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Extended Leinster Schools squad:

Props
Sam Ilo(Wesley)
Hugo O'Malley(Blackrock)
Levi Vaughan(Terenure)
Jack Boyle(St. Michaels)
Shane Connolly(Roscrea)
Hugh Flood(Belvedere)

Hooker
Lee Barron(St. Michaels)
Callum Dowling(Clongowes)
Jamie Kavanagh(Wesley)

Lock
Max Mellett(Castleknock)
Aaron Deegan(Terenure)
Alex Soroka(Belvedere)
Conor Carson(Gonzaga)

Backrow
Jonathan Fish(St. Michaels)
Jack Guinane(St. Michaels)
Jack Barry(Gonzaga)
Aaron Coleman(Belvedere)
Tom Gilheaney(Clongowes)
Will Hickey(St. Michaels)
Gavin Meagher(Roscrea)
Barry Dooley(Clongowes)

Scrumhalf
Ben Murphy(Pres Bray)
Rob Gilsenan(St. Michaels)

Outhalf
Niall Carroll(St. Michaels)
David Wilkinson(Clongowes)

Outside Backs
Justin Leonard(Belvedere)
Arthur Henry(Gonzaga)
Chris Cosgrave(St. Michaels)
Matt Grogan(Belvedere)
Ed Kelly(St. Michaels)
Tim O'Brien(Clongowes)
Simon O'Kelly(St. Michaels)
Josh Pyper(Pres Bray)
Chris Grimes(Clongowes)
Matthew McGetrick(Terenure)
Dylan O'Grady(Belvedere)
Zach Harrison(St. Michaels)


Lots of 5th years there?
Slim pickings for Rock?


Looks like it.
Hard to know about Blackrock.

Schools defeated Club side and drew with 19's.

Fixtures:
@ IQ Rugby
18 Aug 2018 at 5:00pm
@ Munster Schools
22 Aug 2018 at 5:00pm
@ Ulster Schools
26 Aug 2018 at 3:00pm

All games in UL.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 6028
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.


Was there not a 42.ie article this week (might be Kinsella’s, not sure) where an Ulster player was quoted as saying something that sounded like Jordi is barely going to be playing this year?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 52859
irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Daly has been unavailable for a large chunk of his post u20 career. Some people being very harsh on him. He may not have been a Ringrose but nothing to say he's not a Beirne.


that's some extreme optimism on Daly.

Beirne was a better player as a u20 and is a better athlete.

Hope i'm wrong on Daly, but I just don't see it based on his career to date.


I was impressed by Daly at u20s. And it's not exactly extreme optimism to say he might start performing to a provincial standard once he actually gets an injury free run. The Beirne thing was more comparing the injury issues and unavailability only to start performing with a run of games rather than saying he was going to be making Irish squads within a year.


As I said, he will be doing very well to have a leinster contract next season, in fact he is pretty lucky to have one now.

We shall see how he goes this season, if he stays healthy, but i'm not expecting much. More hope for Conor O'Brien as a big 12/13.


I think the fact that he does have a contract shows that those who matter rate him higher than you do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
CM11 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Daly has been unavailable for a large chunk of his post u20 career. Some people being very harsh on him. He may not have been a Ringrose but nothing to say he's not a Beirne.


that's some extreme optimism on Daly.

Beirne was a better player as a u20 and is a better athlete.

Hope i'm wrong on Daly, but I just don't see it based on his career to date.


I was impressed by Daly at u20s. And it's not exactly extreme optimism to say he might start performing to a provincial standard once he actually gets an injury free run. The Beirne thing was more comparing the injury issues and unavailability only to start performing with a run of games rather than saying he was going to be making Irish squads within a year.


As I said, he will be doing very well to have a leinster contract next season, in fact he is pretty lucky to have one now.

We shall see how he goes this season, if he stays healthy, but i'm not expecting much. More hope for Conor O'Brien as a big 12/13.


I think the fact that he does have a contract shows that those who matter rate him higher than you do.


:shock: No way!

:lol: Yup it does, still doesn't mean he is up to much though.

As I said I hope I'm wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 52859
I think keeping on a 25 year old who has barely played suggests he's considered better than 'not up to much'.

Given he's barely played in the last 5 years, what is your basis for writing him off? Surely you could at least give him a chance to prove himself?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15343
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
apparently internationals will be rested even more than usual this season.

I'd say that won't effect Ulster much but then when I reflect on the difference in the team when Best was in there versus when he was out, he raised our level big time. Coetzee will compensate if he can stay fit, but that's a big if.


Jordi? Cooney?

Hard to know...

Will affect Leinster hugely.


Was there not a 42.ie article this week (might be Kinsella’s, not sure) where an Ulster player was quoted as saying something that sounded like Jordi is barely going to be playing this year?


They should have anybody who is already an established international playing a bit of league rugby in the run-up to the Euro windows, then playing in Europe. The rest of the time should be devoted to getting them rested and right for Ireland.

That way there is plenty of opportunity for the young bucks and fringe players to put a big season in and widen the options.

Then we will win the RWC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
CM11 wrote:
I think keeping on a 25 year old who has barely played suggests he's considered better than 'not up to much'.

Given he's barely played in the last 5 years, what is your basis for writing him off? Surely you could at least give him a chance to prove himself?


Look i'm not getting into it anymore, we disagree. We shall see how he performs if given a chance by Leinster.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15343
irishrugbyua wrote:
CM11 wrote:
I think keeping on a 25 year old who has barely played suggests he's considered better than 'not up to much'.

Given he's barely played in the last 5 years, what is your basis for writing him off? Surely you could at least give him a chance to prove himself?


Look i'm not getting into it anymore, we disagree. We shall see how he performs if given a chance by Leinster.


Are you sure you're not getting into it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
Des Berry names checked the following players from u18 warm up games he saw:

Clubs: Mark Boyle(Flanker/Gorey) & Karl Martin(Centre/Boyne)
Schools: Alex Soroka(Lock/Belvedere) & Chris Cosgrave(Centre/St. Michaels)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14411
Who other than Henry has gotten this testimonial year treatment at Ulster?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 pm
Posts: 2199
irishrugbyua wrote:
Des Berry names checked the following players from u18 warm up games he saw:

Clubs: Mark Boyle(Flanker/Gorey) & Karl Martin(Centre/Boyne)
Schools: Alex Soroka(Lock/Belvedere) & Chris Cosgrave(Centre/St. Michaels)

Is Cosgrave the one who was the best player on that Michaels JC team that won every game for a couple of years?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Posts: 9194
cfm93 wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Des Berry names checked the following players from u18 warm up games he saw:

Clubs: Mark Boyle(Flanker/Gorey) & Karl Martin(Centre/Boyne)
Schools: Alex Soroka(Lock/Belvedere) & Chris Cosgrave(Centre/St. Michaels)

Is Cosgrave the one who was the best player on that Michaels JC team that won every game for a couple of years?


Yeah, he played Leinster and Ireland schools last season as a under-17, but at fullback.

Which may be his long term position, hard to know right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15343
unseenwork wrote:
Who other than Henry has gotten this testimonial year treatment at Ulster?


They haven't done it before, he is doing it for Chest, Heart & Stroke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14411
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Who other than Henry has gotten this testimonial year treatment at Ulster?


They haven't done it before, he is doing it for Chest, Heart & Stroke.

Ah good man himself, it's a long shot but I'm hoping he does have a bit of an Indian Summer this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33666
Location: Pigdogistan
unseenwork wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Who other than Henry has gotten this testimonial year treatment at Ulster?


They haven't done it before, he is doing it for Chest, Heart & Stroke.

Ah good man himself, it's a long shot but I'm hoping he does have a bit of an Indian Summer this year.

What's caused this recent commenting on Henry having a decent season? Based on anything tangible, or just blind optimism?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 14411
Nolanator wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Who other than Henry has gotten this testimonial year treatment at Ulster?


They haven't done it before, he is doing it for Chest, Heart & Stroke.

Ah good man himself, it's a long shot but I'm hoping he does have a bit of an Indian Summer this year.

What's caused this recent commenting on Henry having a decent season? Based on anything tangible, or just blind optimism?

Pure optimism, respect for him as a player too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24893
Daly never impressed for Leinster in his few caps. He didn't even look like someone who might go on and impress to me. He didn't use his size well at all. Would be delighted if he went on and had a big season but I've seen nothing to suggest he might.


I see Bleeyeneyendalalaaal is crocked again. We'll be seeing a lot of Carbery at 10 so. Wonder if he was told the situation when being coerced into moving.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 6028
Noel McNamara on coaching “placement” at North Harbour for the Mitre 10


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23438
irishrugbyua wrote:
Ben Jones, Niall Hilliard, Ryan Doyle and Jack Hanley representing Leinster U18’s V Northampton from MU Barnhall. :thumbup:

They sure did 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8771, 8772, 8773, 8774, 8775, 8776, 8777 ... 8985  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, BBB, bimboman, BokJock, Brazil, clydecloggie, comets, danny_fitz, Dark, dburns1991, de_Selby, DiscoHips D'Arcy, Edinburgh01, etherman, frankster, Google Adsense [Bot], grouch, Hong Kong, Jay Cee Gee, Kahu, Liathroidigloine, Liquid_Len, Magpie26, Margin_Walker, Mr Mike, Mullet 2, MungoMan, redderneck, Rinkals, Risteard, sewa, Sinkers, Turbogoat, wilber, Womack, zt1903 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group