Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8888, 8889, 8890, 8891, 8892, 8893, 8894 ... 9086  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 pm 

Diego wrote:
I'm delighted to see JvdF in. The dude is just an animal at the moment.

he's a fvcking machine .... I'm still laughing at Alan Quinlan's assertion a few weeks ago that he wont make the RWC squad

cant argue with anything in that squad line up ..... except perhaps for Tomane - who needs to start showing something

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 pm 

danthefan wrote:
That must be up there with the strongest 23 Leinster have ever fielded.

It's up there. Certainly the strongest 5 forwards we've ever asked ride the pine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Pity he's not going to go with Larmour at FB.

Harsh on McFadden or is he injured?

Ruddock too?

I'm less fussed about Larmour/Rob is it's to be pissing. Obviously I'd prefer Larmour to just own the 15 jersey from now, but having Rob at 15 in a slower game isn't going to have a huge effect on how the team plays.

Fair point. Forgot about the weather.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:36 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Diego wrote:

he's a fvcking machine .... I'm still laughing at Alan Quinlan's assertion a few weeks ago that he wont make the RWC squad

cant argue with anything in that squad line up ..... except perhaps for Tomane - who needs to start showing something

No way is VDF's place in the WC squad secure, therefore I don't see why you'd laugh at anyone leaving him out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:52 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Diego wrote:

quick question, did michaels beat cbc last weekend?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:46 pm 

sewa wrote:
crouchy wrote:
Jumper wrote:
All the Ulster lads jumping on this.

I guess its easier to talk about Munster than to face the reality that there is a non-zero possibility that this Ulster side may be the least competitive provincial side of all time.

The biggest difference between Munster and Ulster right now is that Ulster are under no delusion that they'll be winning trophies any time soon. :D

Actually the biggest difference is we can watch our side play rugby without being absolutely mortified.

You missed the Cardiff & Glasgow game?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
It'll be Scannell. Nailed on cert.

With Herring as his back up going by recent selections.

Until McBurney comes through [/holding out hope for young Ulster forward to be brought through properly]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm 

Where's the A team for Friday?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:50 pm 

paddyor wrote:
sewa wrote:
crouchy wrote:
Jumper wrote:
All the Ulster lads jumping on this.

I guess its easier to talk about Munster than to face the reality that there is a non-zero possibility that this Ulster side may be the least competitive provincial side of all time.

The biggest difference between Munster and Ulster right now is that Ulster are under no delusion that they'll be winning trophies any time soon. :D

Actually the biggest difference is we can watch our side play rugby without being absolutely mortified.

You missed the Cardiff & Glasgow game?

Bad performances, not 64 - 7 bad by any means and we have three good wins under our belt.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Where's the A team for Friday?

Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Jack Kelly CAPTAIN
14. Adam Byrne
13. Jimmy O’Brien
12. Tom Daly
11. Dave Kearney
10. Noel Reid
9. Paddy Patterson(U21)
1. Peter Dooley
2. Ronan Kelleher(U21)
3. Vakh Abdaladze
4. Ross Molony
5. Mick Kearney
6. Josh Murphy
7. Scott Penny(U20)
8. Caelan Doris(U21)

16. Bryan Byrne
17. Ed Byrne
18. Jack Aungier(U21)
19. Oisín Dowling
20. Max Deegan
21. Hugh O’Sullivan(U21)
22. Ciarán Frawley
23. Michael Silvester(U21)

Going as strong as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:57 pm 

I think Deegan may end up moving on soon enough as he's fallen behind Doris already and his Conan in front too, plus SOB and Ruddock able to play there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:00 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
I think Deegan may end up moving on soon enough as he's fallen behind Doris already and his Conan in front too, plus SOB and Ruddock able to play there.

You should put in for him, we have enough backrows

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

:lol: it's the A team.

Deegan was 24th man for the game last weekend. Doris was playing A rugby.

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:02 pm 

Nine personnel changes between the starting XV named for the Wasps game and the starting XV named against Munster. :smug:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:04 pm 

Patterson ahead of O'Sullivan is a bit puzzling. Unless the latter has been training with the first team and missed some of the sessions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:04 pm 

hermie wrote:
Patterson ahead of O'Sullivan is a bit puzzling. Unless the latter has been training with the first team and missed some of the sessions.

Yup same with Deegan.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:05 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
hermie wrote:

Yup same with Deegan.

Ah yeah, makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:15 pm 

Munster A: Stephen Fitzgerald; Liam Coombes, Shane Daly, Alex McHenry, Alex Wootton; Bill Johnston (C), Charlie O’Doherty(U19); Josh Wycherley(U20), Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Sean O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Dave O’Callaghan.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Cronan Gleeson, Keynan Knox, Paddy Kelly(U19), Dan Walsh, Evan Maher(U20), Tyler Bleyendaal, Sean French(U20).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Munster A: Stephen Fitzgerald; Liam Coombes, Shane Daly, Alex McHenry, Alex Wootton; Bill Johnston (C), Charlie O’Doherty(U19); Josh Wycherley(U20), Diarmuid Barron, Jeremy Loughman; Fineen Wycherley, Darren O’Shea; Sean O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Dave O’Callaghan.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Cronan Gleeson, Keynan Knox, Paddy Kelly(U19), Dan Walsh, Evan Maher(U20), Tyler Bleyendaal, Sean French(U20).

Keats and Joey for Exeter so.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:37 pm 

Great to see Bleyendaal making a return to action.

No Jack Stafford, so he's likely to feature on the bench at the weekend. Looks like Marshall will be fit to bench for Munster too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:59 pm 

Didn’t Keats cover sh in the spiv semi v
Am I right in saying Stafford has only got gametime away v the Kings last year. Big step up for him. Would assume Duncan will have a huge target on his back all day.
anyway good to see Tyler back. If fit he’d bring a lot to the team when joey is In carton house

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:10 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
hermie wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
hermie wrote:

I heard him on the BBC pod, Leinster do tend to struggle a lot more historically with French teams than English teams. Their monster packs have often caused us problems in the past. We have never lost to Sarries, under MOC times we lost to everyone. When was the last time we lost a knockout match to an English team - I believe it was 2007 to Wasps.

Have we played Sarries away from home since they won their first title?

I think we've only played them once since then and won. Was in the aviva which technically isn't a home game. 8)

They were in our group in 2010/11, we just about beat them in Wembley 25-23 and thrashed them in the RDS 43-20 I remember Eoin O'Malley scored a cracker :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:25 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
hermie wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
hermie wrote:

I heard him on the BBC pod, Leinster do tend to struggle a lot more historically with French teams than English teams. Their monster packs have often caused us problems in the past. We have never lost to Sarries, under MOC times we lost to everyone. When was the last time we lost a knockout match to an English team - I believe it was 2007 to Wasps.

I think we've only played them once since then and won. Was in the aviva which technically isn't a home game. 8)

They were in our group in 2010/11, we just about beat them in Wembley 25-23 and thrashed them in the RDS 43-20 I remember Eoin O'Malley scored a cracker :(

Saw him lolling around on a scooter there the other day. Looks like a bit of a hipster.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:54 pm 

hermie wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
hermie wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:

Saw him lolling around on a scooter there the other day. Looks like a bit of a hipster.

O'Malley was the missing link between BOD and Ringrose. A super, super player who was forced to retire much too soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:24 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
O'Malley was the missing link between BOD and Ringrose. A super, super player who was forced to retire much too soon.

EOM was very talented but never had the physicality to be mentioned in the same breath as BOD and Ringrose. Would always have been there or thereabouts in the first choice 23 but never actually first choice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:38 pm 

CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

EOM was very talented but never had the physicality to be mentioned in the same breath as BOD and Ringrose. Would always have been there or thereabouts in the first choice 23 but never actually first choice.

Certainly wouldn't have suited MOCball very well!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm 

sewa wrote:
Bad performances, not 64 - 7 bad by any means and we have three good wins under our belt.

Yeah, the team that lost to Cardiff was of a similar strength to the one Ulster fielded against you. Seriously the bed wetting here when you lose.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:59 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Certainly wouldn't have suited MOCball very well!

Indeed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:02 pm 

CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

What size is he wouldn't have thought he was much smaller than BOD? According to Wiki he is 5ft 10 so around same as bod he has only turned 30 :( So could have bulked out more, don't remember any issues with defence.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:05 pm 

His try smashed through Farrell, great footwork on winger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFSGY-zme8A

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:06 pm 

CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

I wouldn't have said never first choice. The lad had bags of talent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:06 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

What size is he wouldn't have thought he was much smaller than BOD? According to Wiki he is 5ft 10 so around same as bod he has only turned 30 :( So could have bulked out more, don't remember any issues with defence.

Height isn't everything. He was similar to Reid with much more bravery in the tackle (hence why he'd always be knocking around the first choice).

Basically a fine player for the league, decent cover for Europe but you'd never really have thought he'd get more than a cap or two.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:08 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Height isn't everything. He was similar to Reid with much more bravery in the tackle (hence why he'd always be knocking around the first choice).

Basically a fine player for the league, decent cover for Europe but you'd never really have thought he'd get more than a cap or two.

Ringrose is pretty slight, if height isn't everything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
His try smashed through Farrell, great footwork on winger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFSGY-zme8A

Smashed through Farrell? Ah come on! They barely brushed arms.

That was the day Sarries decided they weren't going to bother tackling and just concentrated on their own attack.

There's better games to point out EOM's talents.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 pm 

hermie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Ringrose is pretty slight, if height isn't everything.

Height/weight etc. doesn't fully define a players physicality is the point. EOM possibly had similar stats to D'Arcy for example but nowhere near the leg drive or innate upper body strength.

Look, this is getting into knocking the guy which I'm not trying to do. He was very talented and it's a pity he had to retire, let's leave it at that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:29 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Not sure about that, he was just breaking through then, if he had stayed injury free reckon he would have been starting when BOD retired and who knows could have picked up a load of Irish caps in the gap years after BOD. He was seriously talented and would have been coming into his peak then as I said he is younger than Payne, Kearney etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:44 pm 

McFadden has 34 caps. O'Malley, although not as versatile, could have had something similar I would say.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:47 pm 

hermie wrote:
McFadden has 34 caps. O'Malley, although not as versatile, could have had something similar I would say.

I'd have him in the same bracket in terms of players just on the edge of the Leinster first 15 but McFadden got those caps for the exact reasons EOM wouldn't, physicality.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:27 pm 

Who is responsible for negotiating tv rights deals for the not the Heineken Cup now again sponsored by Heineken? They have now sold the Australian tv rights to Rugby Pass which you can only access via a VPN. No rights as far as I can see for the Pro 14. Sundy will be spewing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 pm 

CM11 wrote:
hermie wrote:

I'd have him in the same bracket in terms of players just on the edge of the Leinster first 15 but McFadden got those caps for the exact reasons EOM wouldn't, physicality.

Remember North trampling over Ferg in (I think) Croker? Now picture O’Malley at 13 instead. George wouldn’t have even broken stride.

Fantastic player. But he would’ve needed to fill out/bulk up a bit to be more than a fringe player for Leinster. Ringrose is skinny, but has wider shoulders; EOM would’ve had nowhere to put the extra muscle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 363401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8888, 8889, 8890, 8891, 8892, 8893, 8894 ... 9086  Next