Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9306, 9307, 9308, 9309, 9310, 9311, 9312 ... 9810  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:47 pm 

ZuLu wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
1. EOS
2.Best
3.Moore
4.Treadwell
5. Henderson
6. Reidy
7. Murphy
8. Coetzee
9. Cooney
10. Burns
11.Stockdale
12.McCloskey
13.Marshall
14.Gilroy/Balacoune
15.Addison

Hcup QF

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Furlong
4. Fardy
5. Ryan
6. Ruddock
7. SOB
8. Conan
9. JGP
10. Sexton
11. McFadden
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Larmour
15. Kearney

But who knows, 3 physical games in the 6N to go first.

Leavy at 7 and SOB at 8 hopefully if all goes well

No reason to think Conan wont start at 8.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:51 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
Good to see Jack O'Sullivan back training for Munster, same with Jack O'Donoghue.

Jack o Sullivan is a great white hope I’d feel.

Wonder would we get away with jod at 7 with beirne and Pom in the pack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:
Good to see Jack O'Sullivan back training for Munster, same with Jack O'Donoghue.

Jack o Sullivan is a great white hope I’d feel.

Wonder would we get away with jod at 7 with beirne and Pom in the pack

number 8 is interesting at munster:

Jack O'Donohgue(25)
Gavin Coombes(21)
Jack O'Sullivan(20)

I see Hodnett as a 7 long term.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:00 pm 

Coombes is a six id feel. Big buchaill. I’d hope we might see him v kings

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:06 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Coombes is a six id feel. Big buchaill. I’d hope we might see him v kings

Yeah id agree.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Trostan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Just looked at the big chance Kearney blew. Did everything right up to the pass to Farrell which should have been half a second earlier. Farrell was in the better position to score. Stockdale had two players covering him.

But sometimes, when you see Stockdale running in the midst of defenders, he seems to get GOAT's invisibility cloak and ghosts on anyway.
I'd trust him to score far more often than most, if he gets the ball at pace.

Passing to Stockdale would have been better than butchering the offload to Farrell or trying to carry into contact. But that doesn't mean Farrell wasn't the best option.

Johnson was between Kearney and Farrell up until the moment he actually tackled Kearney. Any pass earlier would have been an intercept risk. If the offload to Farrell had worked it would’ve had to be BOD 06-sexwee-inducingly good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:28 pm 

SOB confirmed as departing Leinster :((

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/leinster-confirm-sean-obrien-is-leaving-the-province?fbclid=IwAR2PIBoG6_nwqSupfvltd1uWeNqj9Lm8Yt0DVjYaazKfq0qBSe5pXqjtjD4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 pm 

DOB wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Trostan wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Just looked at the big chance Kearney blew. Did everything right up to the pass to Farrell which should have been half a second earlier. Farrell was in the better position to score. Stockdale had two players covering him.

But sometimes, when you see Stockdale running in the midst of defenders, he seems to get GOAT's invisibility cloak and ghosts on anyway.

Passing to Stockdale would have been better than butchering the offload to Farrell or trying to carry into contact. But that doesn't mean Farrell wasn't the best option.

Johnson was between Kearney and Farrell up until the moment he actually tackled Kearney. Any pass earlier would have been an intercept risk. If the offload to Farrell had worked it would’ve had to be BOD 06-sexwee-inducingly good.

thats bollix - he could have made that pass, i'm a fan of Kearney but to ignore his inabiity/refusal to pass is delusional......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 pm 

FravBront wrote:

sh1t, he's going to be a big loss for the world cup....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:49 pm 

DOB wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Trostan wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I did say only half a second earlier!

The window to pass was short, agreed. Not quite as bad on review as it looked live.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:59 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
FravBront wrote:

:lol:
That’s just naughty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 pm 

Callum Reid played a half of rugby at the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:10 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
Luke Marshall back on the pitch though still rehabbing.

Be great if he was fit for the run in. Backline looks much better with him at 13 and Addison at 15 imo, certainly better defensively.

Will depend on whether the ACL injury has robbed him of pace.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:35 pm 

Just in case anyone is thinking that we didn’t give Scotland a beating, they were last in our 22 in the 36th minute of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:37 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Just in case anyone is thinking that we didn’t give Scotland a beating, they were last in our 22 in the 36th minute of the game.

I thought it was a comfortable win, to be honest - was more miffed we didn't target a bonus point as it has effectively ended our slim chances for the title this year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:49 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

I thought it was a comfortable win, to be honest - was more miffed we didn't target a bonus point as it has effectively ended our slim chances for the title this year.

Yep. A more of less second string side beat a good Scottish team by a good margin. How you can say it wasnt a decent result is a bit mental

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:03 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:

Hopefully he still has it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:

Not sure how much it came across on tv but wind played a big factor in the stadium. We didn’t play a huge amount in their 22 ourselves in the first half did we ? , while we were under the cosh for long periods. It did feel like a comfortable win though and I think most of the Scottish support at the match had pretty much given up on a win well before the end

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:06 pm 

It was a good result considering the players we were missing, added to losing our best player after 20 minutes.

The big worry was our kicking game tbh. Murray needs a performance in this championship

I think once that comes back to him we'll be a lot more effective with the ball again

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 pm 

Conspicuous wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Not sure how much it came across on tv but wind played a big factor in the stadium. We didn’t play a huge amount in their 22 ourselves in the first half did we ? , while we were under the cosh for long periods. It did feel like a comfortable win though and I think most of the Scottish support at the match had pretty much given up on a win well before the end

I think we spent 14s in their 22 in the first half and scored two tries. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm 

Tadhg Furlong bio. :thumbup:

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:34 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

I think we spent 14s in their 22 in the first half and scored two tries. :lol:

Wow :lol: I thought it might have been a little more than that

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:44 pm 

feckwanker wrote:
Was anyone else surprised at our lack of dominance in the scrum? I thought we'd be shoving them off their ball a lot more than we did.

No. That was mostly the Edinburgh tight 5(even without Nel) and it's the best set piece of the Pro14 teams (in both comps) this season. We won't get much change from Wales either as both Scarlets and Ospreys marginally better than our teams there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:20 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
FravBront wrote:

:lol:
That’s just naughty

huh ?just saying like

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:23 pm 

paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
Was anyone else surprised at our lack of dominance in the scrum? I thought we'd be shoving them off their ball a lot more than we did.

No. That was mostly the Edinburgh tight 5(even without Nel) and it's the best set piece of the Pro14 teams (in both comps) this season. We won't get much change from Wales either as both Scarlets and Ospreys marginally better than our teams there.
Their LH was also allowed to scrum at 90 degrees all match. Makes it very difficult to go forward without the lottery of a scrum collapse.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:47 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Their LH was also allowed to scrum at 90 degrees all match. Makes it very difficult to go forward without the lottery of a scrum collapse.

Between this and your comment about a "shoulder charge" it's just reinforcing my opinion that you genuinely don't have a fúcking clue about rugby.

It was a good tussle in the front row. Scotland are no mugs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:55 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Between this and your comment about a "shoulder charge" it's just reinforcing my opinion that you genuinely don't have a fúcking clue about rugby.

Just saw it again and it was a shoulder charge.

Hit with shoulder, waves right arm about a bit , but has no arm wrap as Sexton goes to ground, and remains standing, ie doesn't go to ground as he would had he wrapped.

Also Poite thought it was a shoulder charge.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 pm 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Yep. A more of less second string side beat a good Scottish team by a good margin. How you can say it wasnt a decent result is a bit mental

The end result was fine. But we were never so comfortable, mostly due to messing up in attack so often, that we were safe from a couple of quickfire Scottish tries. It was being set up for a game we should have won but ended losing.

Some of our play deserved more but then they could probably argue similar in the first half. Just really annoyed we didn't get the 4 tries.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:06 pm 

CM11 wrote:
DOB wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Trostan wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I did say only half a second earlier!

The window to pass was short, agreed. Not quite as bad on review as it looked live.

:uhoh: Kearney needs to attack Kinghorn to commit him and allow the pass to Stockdale, he doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Hit with shoulder, waves right arm about a bit , but has no arm wrap as Sexton goes to ground, and remains standing, ie doesn't go to ground as he would had he wrapped.

So despite watching it slow mo you are still convinced it was a shoulder charge? :lol:

Was a great hit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
paddyor wrote:

So despite watching it slow mo you are still convinced it was a shoulder charge? :lol:

Was a great hit.

Leading with the shoulder, and waving the arms about afterwards does not a tackle make.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1094248083255410688

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 pm 

That's a quality tackle every day of the week..and twice on Sundays! :lol:

You're a bit dense if you think any differently.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Was a great hit.

Leading with the shoulder, and waving the arms about afterwards does not a tackle make.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1094248083255410688

Confirming the bolded statement.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:23 pm 

paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Scarlet's scrum did nothing against Ulster in Europe. I was really surprised that Samson Lee didn't have a proper go at Eric O'Sullivan, but him, Moore and Best control them well. We should edge the Welsh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:29 pm 

Willie Falloon wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Hopefully he still has it.

First game since he left RBAI i believe. Looks in decent nick anyway.

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 pm 

He does not look remotely big enough to be a professional front row forward.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

To put him into context, he boy behind him in the last photo is at least 6'3, though not the biggest row/blind side.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
feckwanker wrote:

Scarlet's scrum did nothing against Ulster in Europe. I was really surprised that Samson Lee didn't have a proper go at Eric O'Sullivan, but him, Moore and Best control them well. We should edge the Welsh.

Lee isn't first choice, it's fat Francis. The rest of the tight 5 is from Scarlets and Ospreys. And yeah we might get the upper hand like we did against Scotland but we won't be shoving them off their own ball a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:41 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:

has the frame to carry the required size, will just need time to put on good weight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:48 pm 

irishrugbyua wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

has the frame to carry the required size, will just need time to put on good weight.

Wonder will he make the jRWC?

Kieran Campbell, IMO, doesn't have a great record in bringing through players, unless they are dead certs like Lyttle, Stockdale. A lot of talent has fallen by the wayside.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9306, 9307, 9308, 9309, 9310, 9311, 9312 ... 9810  Next