Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10074, 10075, 10076, 10077, 10078, 10079, 10080 ... 10165  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:01 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23826
Location: SOB>Todd
Besides, he's been playing crap rugby for crap teams for a long time now.
The book seems closed on him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51470
JoeyFantastic wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
We went into the game saying Sexton had to play.

Let's not get all revisionist.

In an ideal world Jackson would still be available or Carbery wouldn't have spent half of the last few years injured.

Sexton will go soon enough, he might get another 6N but let's not get worked up about it too much.

Jackson isnt dead
He is still available

He's not playing in Ireland so he's a non factor this season, and I doubt the IRFU think the sh*tstorm associated with bringing him back is worth it.


Jackson would want to be Dan Carter to justify the trouble of bring him back, and tbf, he's never fulfilled the early potential. I hope the LI move is great for him, etc, but he's not any sort of option for Ireland.

Question has to be what has happened Furlong, Henderson and Ryan in the last 12 months too, imo. Three of the best players in the NH when they are on form, none of them are anywhere near the top of their game. How do you arrive at a RWC with so many players searching for form?


John Ryan?

Because James has been in pretty decent form all year.

Furlong a bit weaker alright but not awful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 7085
JoeyFantastic wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
We went into the game saying Sexton had to play.

Let's not get all revisionist.

In an ideal world Jackson would still be available or Carbery wouldn't have spent half of the last few years injured.

Sexton will go soon enough, he might get another 6N but let's not get worked up about it too much.

Jackson isnt dead
He is still available

He's not playing in Ireland so he's a non factor this season, and I doubt the IRFU think the sh*tstorm associated with bringing him back is worth it.


Jackson would want to be Dan Carter to justify the trouble of bring him back, and tbf, he's never fulfilled the early potential. I hope the LI move is great for him, etc, but he's not any sort of option for Ireland.

Question has to be what has happened Furlong, Henderson and Ryan in the last 12 months too, imo. Three of the best players in the NH when they are on form, none of them are anywhere near the top of their game. How do you arrive at a RWC with so many players searching for form?


Furlong is an interesting one. He was bursting lads last year but doesn't look close to the player that started Lions tests and was the best TH in the world at one point. Henderson - wtf has he been at all tournament? POM, Stander, Best... that's a tired pack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:10 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23826
Location: SOB>Todd
I said before the tournament started in earnest that our backrow was as ordinary as any we've had in a while.
Combine that with our tight 5 not reaching their peak and it makes Scotland's WC look very troubling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 8313
Floppykid wrote:
I said before the tournament started in earnest that our backrow was as ordinary as any we've had in a while.
Combine that with our tight 5 not reaching their peak and it makes Scotland's WC look very troubling.

As someone yesterday said we massively missed Leavy. His replacements are individually good players, mostly, but he is world class when he turns up. However I still don't think he would have made a whole pile of difference in terms of outcome, we were totally blown away


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 pm
Posts: 4317
hermie wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
hermie wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
That Barrett try was fúcking infuriating because it was actually some of our best attacking play of the tournament only for Kearney to overrun when he had a gap infront of him, whether that is down to Sexton or Kearney is neither here nor there given Sexton looked to be off a bit on a few moves (not throwing the skip pass to an unmarked Stockdale that was highlighted by Kinsella) but it was definitely an overrun by Kearney as well.

Same with Earls early on, he gives it and we have a 3 on 1 in the NZ half but he dithered about and ended up spilling the ball back and only Larmour's gas saved us.

Potentially good bit of play that could have made serious yards if not a try scoring opportunity that end up with the ball in NZ's hands of 30m further back and us under pressure.

How on earth was that Kearney's fault? Sexton had a brain explosion. Give the pass and Kearney had acres of space to gallop into but inexplicably he delayed until he got smashed and then decided to pass to no-one.

Earls getting caught in possession was criminal. Such butchered opportunities.

Kearney overran it :?

No he didn't, the pass was on.

Earl is 100% right on this. It's been haunting me and I watched it 100 times. Kearney overran it like a 12 year old.

I said before the game that their back three was the only area where there was clear daylight between the teams. And so it proved.

Earls was brutal. 2nd game in a row where he has an opportunity to make a pass from 13 and fucks it up. This game he inexplicably delays for a second and gets whacked. 80 meters lost and possible try opportunity gone at a vital point in the game.

Stockdale knock on for 3 points, then jumps out of line for another 5, then carried the ball into touch at the start of the second half for a 60 meter gain and turnover of possession combined (it was carried back in to 22).

We actually played some decent rugby in the fist half but stupid unforced errors absolutely killed us. Exact same pressure in November last years and we had a zero error count.

Here's the main errors that spring to mind:


First 10:

Ryan fumbles from the start, healy immediately knocks on (we had advantage), terrible Sexton kick from Scrum, Standar gets turned over, Garryowen drops in 22 causing chaos, stockdale goes for a intercept that's not on (admittedly catches the restart), Ireland looking really f**king good in attack and Earls has his monumental fudge up, Murray gets charged down, Henshaw drops in contact

Second 10:

Lovely attack by ABs, Murray breaks line and goes for hit, misses bad, Henderson cracks and switches off, TRY, Sexton misses clear overlap and passes to Henshaw instead of Stockdale after robust looking attack, Sexton misses touch from pen, poor Sexton garryowen and worse chase by Kearney leaves us back in our own half, knock on at line out, mix up in mid field and Stockdale jumps out of line and then decides not to, TRY

Third 10:

Ringrose headlock on Savea fro restart! (hon mention to POM for two big moments to save us), another promising attack and Earls knocks on!!!, Healy picks ball out of ruck !!, Murray over kick goes straight to Barrett, Sexton kicks to Barrett again under no pressure

Third 10
Kearney overruns, TRY, Murray knock on from Ryan pass, Murray high tackle, Nige fucks us with the softest pen overturn of all time

30 or so errors in 40 minutes, game over
Murray's name popping up a lot there...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 13652
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:

How about take away your rights?
I really doubt many posters respect you. Your constant trashing of the Welsh is disgraceful. Ever more strange considering your wife is Welsh. Maybe look at yourself in the mirror.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am
Posts: 20157
YOYO wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:

How about take away your rights?
I really doubt many posters respect you. Your constant trashing of the Welsh is disgraceful.

Would you two just f**k and get it over with


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:29 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9391
Location: Watson city, MN
YOYO wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:

How about take away your rights?
I really doubt many posters respect you. Your constant trashing of the Welsh is disgraceful. Ever more strange considering your wife is Welsh. Maybe look at yourself in the mirror.

No it isn't


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
alliswell wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:

How about take away your rights?
I really doubt many posters respect you. Your constant trashing of the Welsh is disgraceful. Ever more strange considering your wife is Welsh. Maybe look at yourself in the mirror.

No it isn't

Well you have low standards in that case. Winnie’s constant rants about the Welsh is cringe. The poor wife.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:35 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9391
Location: Watson city, MN
YOYO wrote:
alliswell wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:

How about take away your rights?
I really doubt many posters respect you. Your constant trashing of the Welsh is disgraceful. Ever more strange considering your wife is Welsh. Maybe look at yourself in the mirror.

No it isn't

Well you have low standards in that case. Winnie’s constant rants about the Welsh is cringe. The poor wife.

No it isn't


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
This isn’t panto.

Yes it is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 646
Dunno if anyone posted this already - I didn't see it.

Very classy from Hansen in the first 45s of the NZ press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnVugesaBK0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13254
Have to say, with hindsight injuries killed us.

We can all say that Murray and Sexton looked injured/old but their potential replacements weren't fit either.

Barrett at 15 is being hailed as a triumphant experiment, but the reality is, McKenzie was a second second five-eighth already. Carberry's move to Munster is one thing, but his injury was the real problem there.

Somebody said earlier that the back three was our only really weak area, but the back-row was dire too. The latter due to the loss of Leavy and SOB more than anything.

In terms of lessons, cotton wool for 10s is the main one.

Tactically, we cost ourselves a bit, our reluctance to go wide wasn't a problem when Schmidt had a backline of players like Nacewa, Fitzgerald, BOD, etc, playing weaker teams. Clearly you need to make better use of space at international level, and in the future, we need to select wingers more as threats than as defenders.

Flannery's comment about passing at under-10s being crucial aside, one of the lads on the 42.ie's podcast said that NZ aim to have each player complete 100 passes per training session. How some of our backs can't pass is appalling. Kearney and Earls should be dropped for that alone. You don't need to pass often, it just needs to be a possibility. With our lads, teams know it won't happen.

I'd presume our backline made the fewest passes per player of the QF teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
Hate to say it but Henshaw is in the same bracket when it comes to passing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
Not really too keen on Billy Keane apologising for his grandson. Not that an apology is needed but article unnecessary.

Billy Keane: 'Sexton is heartbroken. Last night he sent the message: 'Gutted. Tried my best''
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 14358.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 4944
JoeyFantastic wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Winnie wrote:
CM11 wrote:
We went into the game saying Sexton had to play.

Let's not get all revisionist.

In an ideal world Jackson would still be available or Carbery wouldn't have spent half of the last few years injured.

Sexton will go soon enough, he might get another 6N but let's not get worked up about it too much.

Jackson isnt dead
He is still available

He's not playing in Ireland so he's a non factor this season, and I doubt the IRFU think the sh*tstorm associated with bringing him back is worth it.


Jackson would want to be Dan Carter to justify the trouble of bring him back, and tbf, he's never fulfilled the early potential. I hope the LI move is great for him, etc, but he's not any sort of option for Ireland.

Question has to be what has happened Furlong, Henderson and Ryan in the last 12 months too, imo. Three of the best players in the NH when they are on form, none of them are anywhere near the top of their game. How do you arrive at a RWC with so many players searching for form?

Ryan has been excellent, Saturday aside. Furlong has been pretty good too.

Henderson has always been inconsistent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17741
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.

If the mods were to take down Cabbage they’ll have to take MrDominator and Dublin Dynamo as well, and nobody wants a staple or bored humour taken away.


Last edited by YOYO on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7057
Location: Over the hills and far away...
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


FFS, the point was clearly made recently: you are not Dutch, you are Irish. :frown:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3470
CM11 wrote:

John Ryan?

Because James has been in pretty decent form all year.

Furlong a bit weaker alright but not awful.


Maybe "decent" isn't the standard he's capable of, though. He was heading straight for world-class.

Would you say he's in the top bracket of second rows of the tournament?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:31 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34191
Location: Dublin
Salanya wrote:
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


FFS, the point was clearly made recently: you are not Dutch, you are Irish. :frown:


One of yours I'm afraid. You should be proud of him


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am
Posts: 20157
Salanya wrote:
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


FFS, the point was clearly made recently: you are not Dutch, you are Irish. :frown:

No hes is a dutch minkukum or whatever you called him recently


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:35 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7057
Location: Over the hills and far away...
iarmhiman wrote:
Salanya wrote:
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


FFS, the point was clearly made recently: you are not Dutch, you are Irish. :frown:


One of yours I'm afraid. You should be proud of him


Born and raised in Ireland. Just because someone eats mayo with their chips and likes to wear orange, doesn't make them Dutch.


Last edited by Salanya on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23826
Location: SOB>Todd
I find YOYO's trolling amusing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34191
Location: Dublin
Salanya wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Salanya wrote:
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


FFS, the point was clearly made recently: you are not Dutch, you are Irish. :frown:


One of yours I'm afraid. You should be proud of him


Born and raised in Ireland. Just because sometimes eats mayo with their chips and likes to wear orange, doesn't make them Dutch.


He also loves bikes and not spending any money


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am
Posts: 20157
Salanya wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Salanya wrote:
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


FFS, the point was clearly made recently: you are not Dutch, you are Irish. :frown:


One of yours I'm afraid. You should be proud of him


Born and raised in Ireland. Just because sometimes eats mayo with their chips and likes to wear orange, doesn't make them Dutch.

Nah that makes them a nordie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
Floppykid wrote:
I find YOYO's trolling amusing.

Thank you Floppy. I’m not like ALWAYS trolling. Far from it. I do my fair share of bringing it to the opposition on match threads and sometimes get carried away sledging the opposition posters but in general I’m not too bad, I hope.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51470
JoeyFantastic wrote:
CM11 wrote:

John Ryan?

Because James has been in pretty decent form all year.

Furlong a bit weaker alright but not awful.


Maybe "decent" isn't the standard he's capable of, though. He was heading straight for world-class.

Would you say he's in the top bracket of second rows of the tournament?


Have you revised your time frame to the tournament now?

And yes, I think he compares favourably to the other locks at the tournament. Obviously those in the teams that are playing well are able to stand out more positively but even against Japan when most of the rest only played for 20, he was at the forefront of attempting to drag us back into it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 14117
Hottie Jean-Marie might want to pipe down a little too.

'I would be dreading coming back to Ireland' - Jean-Marie Stander slams 'disrespectful' media
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 15025.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:58 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23826
Location: SOB>Todd
The accursed Independent paywall again! ARGH!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7003
It's not a paywall


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15807
Floppykid wrote:
The accursed Independent paywall again! ARGH!


Have you tried archiving?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 4944
Players are happy to lap up he publicity when things are going well, they have to be able to take the criticism when things go to shit.

The talk of players have made sacrifices and we should laud them for it really grinds my gears. Yea... while being paid hundreds of thousands of euro a year, fawned over everywhere they go, free motors, sponsorships, getting to play rugby as their fcuking job. Dose of reality required.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15807
Have to say that WRT the RWC the criticism of Schmidt (and players) is justified, I’m surprised at the extent of it in so many newspapers/media.

I don’t remember Deccie or EOS getting it quite so badly.
Didn’t we have to suffer another year or do of Deccie after the 2011 RWC.
He didn’t achieve anywhere near as much as Joe.

Maybe Joe is condition considered fair game as they know he’s already gone?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17741
Salanya wrote:
nardol wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Can an Irish mod take away the rights to start a thread from:
YOYO
Cabbage
Nardol

Would make us less of a laughing stock in the eyes of the rest of the bored :thumbup:


I havent started any threads sweety. And I'm Dutch.


FFS, the point was clearly made recently: you are not Dutch, you are Irish. :frown:


I'm actually proper Dutch compared to you. Not one of these south of the river Catholics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 4944
Flametop wrote:
Have to say that WRT the RWC the criticism of Schmidt (and players) is justified, I’m surprised at the extent of it in so many newspapers/media.

I don’t remember Deccie or EOS getting it quite so badly.
Didn’t we have to suffer another year or do of Deccie after the 2011 RWC.
He didn’t achieve anywhere near as much as Joe.

Maybe Joe is condition considered fair game as they know he’s already gone?

Not sure expectations were as high for Eddie or Deccie.

Schmidt is the victim of his own success in some regard. For the first time, it was without question that we had the coach and we had the squad to beat almost any team in the competition. No more plucky underdog stuff required.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15807
crouchy wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Have to say that WRT the RWC the criticism of Schmidt (and players) is justified, I’m surprised at the extent of it in so many newspapers/media.

I don’t remember Deccie or EOS getting it quite so badly.
Didn’t we have to suffer another year or do of Deccie after the 2011 RWC.
He didn’t achieve anywhere near as much as Joe.

Maybe Joe is condition considered fair game as they know he’s already gone?

Not sure expectations were as high for Eddie or Deccie.

Schmidt is the victim of his own success in some regard.


Ah here, 2011 Wales was a slam dunk if he hadn’t dropped Sexton for ROG.
We were huge favourites.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 4944
Flametop wrote:
crouchy wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Have to say that WRT the RWC the criticism of Schmidt (and players) is justified, I’m surprised at the extent of it in so many newspapers/media.

I don’t remember Deccie or EOS getting it quite so badly.
Didn’t we have to suffer another year or do of Deccie after the 2011 RWC.
He didn’t achieve anywhere near as much as Joe.

Maybe Joe is condition considered fair game as they know he’s already gone?

Not sure expectations were as high for Eddie or Deccie.

Schmidt is the victim of his own success in some regard.


Ah here, 2011 Wales was a slam dunk if he hadn’t dropped Sexton for ROG.
We were huge favourites.

Yea fair shout, funny how ye forget these things. x(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10074, 10075, 10076, 10077, 10078, 10079, 10080 ... 10165  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alliswell, Armchair_Superstar, bessantj, BillW, danthefan, DOB, earl the beaver, EverReady, fatcat, feckwanker, forrester, Google Adsense [Bot], happyhooker, iarmhiman, Lazy Couch potato, malky, Mr Mike, Mr. Very Popular, MungoMan, Nolanator, redderneck, Salanya, Sefton, sturginho, Tecumseh, Wignu and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group