Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10165, 10166, 10167, 10168, 10169, 10170, 10171 ... 10200  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:13 pm 

CM11 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Good stuff Ulster. Couldn't have asked for much more from the opening two games.

After watching that game I could definitely ask for more. We've given them a free point and should have had 3 tries on the board in the first half.

While I didn't watch the Bath game, by the sounds of it you were very lucky to win?

So 8 points gained, 2 conceded rather than 6 points gained, 4 conceded if you want to go down the route of who deserved what out of how the team's played?

Ah no, it was our own fault that Bath had an attack at the end, should have been a win without any comments if we hadn't cocked up at the death to give them the chance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:15 pm 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
No match thread so this'll have to do. Classic Ulster - great win, puts Quins effort last week to shame. Think the English sides in this group will be roadkill for the rest of the group stage.

That was away version Clermont though.

They will destroy Ulster and Bath at home.

A team that flip flops like that definately ain't winning cups and are there for the taken away from home also. Ulster with their A game have a real chance

Bonty are dangerous on a one off but they’ve regressed a bit of late. Win your other two home games and you’ll qualify.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:16 pm 

I thought Burns was alright but Stu reverted to hands like tits

First time in ages i’ve been to the opening two rounds of Europe, both really enjoyable. If we beat Quins away and win our home games that should see us through top

On another note, not usually one to criticise the ref in a serious manner but thought Doyle was woeful. Still to read the last few pages but he (and the touch judge) constantly let Clermont onside then penalised Ulster for the same thing more or less straight away in comparison. Letting the medic run off in front of Cooney during the kick and not letting him retake it* was poor. Touch judge missed the most obvious deflection on a lineout too

*not strictly prohibited in the rules, to my knowledge, but would be nice to see some decency especially when it was the difference between Clermont getting the LBP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:20 pm 

Willie Falloon wrote:
Herrin and Murphy both outstanding. Mccloskey and Burns. Pish.

I don't think I'd quite put Ludik in the pants list yet; but he got badly done on the wing twice, & if one of them had been converted, that would have been the game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:06 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

First time in ages i’ve been to the opening two rounds of Europe, both really enjoyable. If we beat Quins away and win our home games that should see us through top

On another note, not usually one to criticise the ref in a serious manner but thought Doyle was woeful. Still to read the last few pages but he (and the touch judge) constantly let Clermont onside then penalised Ulster for the same thing more or less straight away in comparison. Letting the medic run off in front of Cooney during the kick and not letting him retake it* was poor. Touch judge missed the most obvious deflection on a lineout too

*not strictly prohibited in the rules, to my knowledge, but would be nice to see some decency especially when it was the difference between Clermont getting the LBP

I thought Doyle was a massive homer in the first half and gave us everything going tbf.
Whatever way you look at it we all would’ve bit someone’s arm off for that result at the start of the night and it was only for Big Stu having tits for hands (he had a really poor game) and Cooney slipping 5 yards out, and we would’ve/should’ve had 5 points.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:37 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

I thought Doyle was a massive homer in the first half and gave us everything going tbf.
Whatever way you look at it we all would’ve bit someone’s arm off for that result at the start of the night and it was only for Big Stu having tits for hands (he had a really poor game) and Cooney slipping 5 yards out, and we would’ve/should’ve had 5 points.

Ulster always looked the better side.

Get McGrath back and I reckon we can take them next year.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:23 am 

I said before the game Eric O’Sullivan could cement himself as our first choice when McGrath is out and I stand by that after last night Willie. By my count he gave away one scrum pen at the start but after that we had their scrum on toast imo, bar maybe the last 15 when McCall came on

I think it was Disco who said his scrummaging could improve but as I said one penalty isnt bad for a young guy against internationals and his work round the park can’t be questioned. He’s seriously good, imo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:59 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
I said before the game Eric O’Sullivan could cement himself as our first choice when McGrath is out and I stand by that after last night Willie. By my count he gave away one scrum pen at the start but after that we had their scrum on toast imo, bar maybe the last 15 when McCall came on

I think it was Disco who said his scrummaging could improve but as I said one penalty isnt bad for a young guy against internationals and his work round the park can’t be questioned. He’s seriously good, imo

Marty is the making of your scrum. His body position is superb. I’d argue that he’s a better scrummager than Furlong.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:11 am 

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/mu ... 18496.html

Good article on Earlsie, well worth 5 minutes and gives a good sense of the man.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:18 am 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/munster-rugby/some-of-my-best-friends-back-then-are-now-in-prison-how-growing-up-in-moyross-made-keith-earls-38718496.html

Good article on Earlsie, well worth 5 minutes and gives a good sense of the man.

Great read. Tracey is top notch and would know Earls from school too.

Earls is only getting better and better on the field. 32 years old, hitting career high speed records, and still the first outside back on the Munster and Ireland teamsheet. Hopefully he has years left in red and green.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am 

Jumper wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:
https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/munster-rugby/some-of-my-best-friends-back-then-are-now-in-prison-how-growing-up-in-moyross-made-keith-earls-38718496.html

Earls is only getting better and better on the field. 32 years old, hitting career high speed records, and still the first outside back on the Munster and Ireland teamsheet. Hopefully he has years left in red and green.

:lol: it’s a pudding, not an omelette.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:35 am 

Jumper wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

I think that you think if you keep telling yourself that Earls is getting better and the first name on the Ireland team sheet then it must be true.
Seriously you must have said that 10+ times since the World Cup.
It ain’t f**king true.

Edit. First outside back name on the teamsheet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:38 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:

Marty is the making of your scrum. His body position is superb. I’d argue that he’s a better scrummager than Furlong.

If he lost 10kg he'd be in the Irish squad. His body have is ideal for a TH prop.

I agree on O'sullivan. He had an outstanding game. Ulster need McGrath and EOS against that Clermont frontrow though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:39 am 

Conway and Larmour possibly in that order for Ireland on current form but it’s tight.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:40 am 

Moore has a decent chance of getting ahead of Ryan you'd have thought and as a starter might jump ahead of Porter too although the latter is probably more useful off the bench given his mobility.

Caveat there is I'm basing that on previous form and good reports, haven't seen him play yet this season.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 am 

Flametop wrote:
Conway and Larmour possibly in that order for Ireland on current form but it’s tight.

If you're just talking back three. Ringrose has had a very decent showing to date if you include all outside backs.

It's great that Earls is as fast as ever. Good for him. But he's showed little this season. Not Stockdale bad but just meh.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:42 am 

CM11 wrote:
Moore has a decent chance of getting ahead of Ryan you'd have thought and as a starter might jump ahead of Porter too although the latter is probably more useful off the bench given his mobility.

Caveat there is I'm basing that on previous form and good reports, haven't seen him play yet this season.

He has a surprisingly decent engine for being a tub of lard.
You can get 55 good minutes out of him at European level against a top front row. He’d probably only last 25-30mins at international level in his current shape though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:44 am 

Jim Lahey wrote:
CM11 wrote:

He has a surprisingly decent engine for being a tub of lard.
You can get 55 good minutes out of him at European level against a top front row. He’d probably only last 25-30mins at international level in his current shape though.

Fair enough.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:44 am 

Flametop wrote:

Stock dale had a good game last night and at his best is by a distance the most dangerous back 3 player in Ireland. Clermont refused to kick anywhere near his wing in open field.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:45 am 

CM11 wrote:
Flametop wrote:

If you're just talking back three. Ringrose has had a very decent showing to date if you include all outside backs.

It's great that Earls is as fast as ever. Good for him. But he's showed little this season. Not Stockdale bad but just meh.

Yeah, I was talking only back three. Should have read it more closely for 13 also.
Ringrose in with a shout. Still think his tackling needs to improve but I know he’s often shooting (sometimes missing) to force a player back inside into traffic.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:46 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:
Flametop wrote:

Stock dale had a good game last night and at his best is by a distance the most dangerous back 3 player in Ireland. Clermont refused to kick anywhere near his wing in open field.

Stockdale needs serious work on his defence.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:51 am 

Flametop wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
Flametop wrote:

Stockdale needs serious work on his defence.

He does indeed.

His aerial work is much improved and he can be a lethal finisher as we all know.

His confidence fell off a cliff after that blooper in the QF at the Aviva but he'll be back.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:54 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:
Flametop wrote:

Stockdale should be the first on the teamsheet at this stage. Hopefully he's just having a Bowe like mini wobble before giving us years of enjoyment.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm 

The facts are that wings really need to be dumped (at least at international level) by 28.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:44 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
The facts are that wings really need to be dumped (at least at international level) by 28.

Sshh now, us pretty boys are talking.

Actually, Everready was a winger, scratch that about the pretty boys.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:53 pm 

I dont have BT sport extra.
Any links to Connacht match?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:58 pm 

Well done, Ulster. That was a good win, and gives you a great chance of qualifying, :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:05 pm 

Stream for Connacht game guys? Rugby pass has it on French and the stream is still shite. It's a terrible service

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:10 pm 

https://www.vipleague.lc/1-stade-toulou ... -streaming

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:11 pm 

FARRELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:13 pm 

Farrell just strolled through there. Good by him but appalling by Toulouse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:14 pm 

Bad defence from Toulouse, but well taken try Farrell.

Great from Dilllane in the build up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:14 pm 

Great carry from Dillane in the run up to that try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:15 pm 

Think that's a try yeah.

Good match. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:16 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:

You hear a lot of auld guff about players being decent etc. have to say everything about earlsie is always incredibly positive. I suppose he could have gone a different Plath but he seems a proper member of society. I suppose at least he’s not a limerick hurler 😂

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:16 pm 

Frosted tips on Bezy, nice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:17 pm 

Heffernan and McCabe are way off the pace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:18 pm 

Heffernan needs to get his head sorted and get throwing better

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:18 pm 

After watching John Ryan try and play in the World Cup, he is not in the same league as Marty at the moment. Marty just needs a good run of games, and he will be back to being the lean, mean fighting machine he was at the backend of last season.

Also thought Herring's throwing was good last night as well. Plenty of competition for the hooking spot at the moment.

Is Andy Warwick injured? He'd be more use on the bench than Kyle McCall...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:21 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:
After watching John Ryan try and play in the World Cup, he is not in the same league as Marty at the moment. Marty just needs a good run of games, and he will be back to being the lean, mean fighting machine he was at the backend of last season.

Also thought Herring's throwing was good last night as well. Plenty of competition for the hooking spot at the moment.

Is Andy Warwick injured? He'd be more use on the bench than Kyle McCall...

Really we need to try and get Reid through as soon as possible without breaking him. Hopefully he gets some time in between the European blocks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 407989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10165, 10166, 10167, 10168, 10169, 10170, 10171 ... 10200  Next