Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2320
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
Just returned back from what transpired to be a really enjoyable break in Belfast. :thumbup:

I've visited Belfast several times before mostly through participating in the annual Maracycle Dublin-Belfast-Dublin starting in the 1990's, but until now I had never stayed in Belfast as a tourist before.

Very enjoyable trip. We took a bus tour taking in the sights such as Stormont, the Titanic Centre, Falls Road, Shankill Road and Crumlin Road prison. I'd recommend taking this tour to other newbie tourists because it gives you a quick view of the city and you can hop off and hop on wherever you want. The people doing the tour said that visitor/tourist numbers to Belfast had increased. Good to hear this.

Titanic Centre is a really great attraction to visit. The centre gives the visitor a real insight in the Harland & Woulff shipyards and the ship building industry in Belfast. Of course the Titanic story is the centre piece of the visit but the other stuff around the ship building is as interesting in my opinion.

The pubs and restaurants throughout Belfast all seemed to be really busy. The shops and department stores were doing great trade throughout the city. You can't miss the amount of new building work going on especially in and around the city centre. Around Bedford Street especially.
Some really fabulous pubs too. The Empire, Laverty's, The Cloth Ear, John Hewitt Pub.

I'd recommend Belfast as a visitor location.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6737
Sounds a bit shit in all honesty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6737
Sounds a bit shit in all honesty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12929
Miguel Indurain wrote:
Just returned back from what transpired to be a really enjoyable break in Belfast. :thumbup:

I've visited Belfast several times before mostly through participating in the annual Maracycle Dublin-Belfast-Dublin starting in the 1990's, but until now I had never stayed in Belfast as a tourist before.

Very enjoyable trip. We took a bus tour taking in the sights such as Stormont, the Titanic Centre, Falls Road, Shankill Road and Crumlin Road prison. I'd recommend taking this tour to other newbie tourists because it gives you a quick view of the city and you can hop off and hop on wherever you want. The people doing the tour said that visitor/tourist numbers to Belfast had increased. Good to hear this.

Titanic Centre is a really great attraction to visit. The centre gives the visitor a real insight in the Harland & Woulff shipyards and the ship building industry in Belfast. Of course the Titanic story is the centre piece of the visit but the other stuff around the ship building is as interesting in my opinion.

The pubs and restaurants throughout Belfast all seemed to be really busy. The shops and department stores were doing great trade throughout the city. You can't miss the amount of new building work going on especially in and around the city centre. Around Bedford Street especially.
Some really fabulous pubs too. The Empire, Laverty's, The Cloth Ear, John Hewitt Pub.

I'd recommend Belfast as a visitor location.


Good man yourself :thumbup:

Everyone seems to enjoy the bus tour.

Belfast and Causeway Coast made the Lonely Planet No1 for Best places to visit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 16119
Titanic Exhibit is a bit of a rip off now I feel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 9147
Location: Donegal
I usually enjoy my trips to Belfast.
W5 is also a good spot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 9147
Location: Donegal
unseenwork wrote:
Titanic Exhibit is a bit of a rip off now I feel.


I've never been to it yet. Really must check it out, it's not like its that far away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2320
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:
Just returned back from what transpired to be a really enjoyable break in Belfast. :thumbup:

I've visited Belfast several times before mostly through participating in the annual Maracycle Dublin-Belfast-Dublin starting in the 1990's, but until now I had never stayed in Belfast as a tourist before.

Very enjoyable trip. We took a bus tour taking in the sights such as Stormont, the Titanic Centre, Falls Road, Shankill Road and Crumlin Road prison. I'd recommend taking this tour to other newbie tourists because it gives you a quick view of the city and you can hop off and hop on wherever you want. The people doing the tour said that visitor/tourist numbers to Belfast had increased. Good to hear this.

Titanic Centre is a really great attraction to visit. The centre gives the visitor a real insight in the Harland & Woulff shipyards and the ship building industry in Belfast. Of course the Titanic story is the centre piece of the visit but the other stuff around the ship building is as interesting in my opinion.

The pubs and restaurants throughout Belfast all seemed to be really busy. The shops and department stores were doing great trade throughout the city. You can't miss the amount of new building work going on especially in and around the city centre. Around Bedford Street especially.
Some really fabulous pubs too. The Empire, Laverty's, The Cloth Ear, John Hewitt Pub.

I'd recommend Belfast as a visitor location.


Good man yourself :thumbup:

Everyone seems to enjoy the bus tour.

Belfast and Causeway Coast made the Lonely Planet No1 for Best places to visit.


Nice one.

Yeah, the Titanic Centre is supposedly the 5th most visited tourist attraction in the world.

Good to see a city which has had too many bad times recently, get a break and making the most of it.
Hopefully we will get to the Giant's Causeway on our next trip.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2320
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
SASP wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Titanic Exhibit is a bit of a rip off now I feel.


I've never been to it yet. Really must check it out, it's not like its that far away.


I enjoyed the Titanic Centre. You can spending hours there learning about the shipyard and learning about the ships built there. I found it very interesting, and the fact that it is interactive if you have little ones even they'd be impressed.

Well worth visiting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:51 pm
Posts: 1870
I enjoyed the Titanic Centre but once was enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2751
Location: Adopted Lion - Jon Davies
boringperson12 wrote:
I enjoyed the Titanic Centre but once was enough.


Did it leave you with a sinking feeling?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32331
Location: Dublin
I was there in October for the Ulster v Leinster match.

I was well impressed with it. Very hipster in the cathedral quarter mind.

Duke of York pub great spot.

I only have one complaint with Northern Ireland in general......the f**king bank notes. Could you not use Bank of England notes ? Same goes for the Jocks. Pain in the hole trying to get them accepted in England.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 7796
Miguel Indurain wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:
Just returned back from what transpired to be a really enjoyable break in Belfast. :thumbup:

I've visited Belfast several times before mostly through participating in the annual Maracycle Dublin-Belfast-Dublin starting in the 1990's, but until now I had never stayed in Belfast as a tourist before.

Very enjoyable trip. We took a bus tour taking in the sights such as Stormont, the Titanic Centre, Falls Road, Shankill Road and Crumlin Road prison. I'd recommend taking this tour to other newbie tourists because it gives you a quick view of the city and you can hop off and hop on wherever you want. The people doing the tour said that visitor/tourist numbers to Belfast had increased. Good to hear this.

Titanic Centre is a really great attraction to visit. The centre gives the visitor a real insight in the Harland & Woulff shipyards and the ship building industry in Belfast. Of course the Titanic story is the centre piece of the visit but the other stuff around the ship building is as interesting in my opinion.

The pubs and restaurants throughout Belfast all seemed to be really busy. The shops and department stores were doing great trade throughout the city. You can't miss the amount of new building work going on especially in and around the city centre. Around Bedford Street especially.
Some really fabulous pubs too. The Empire, Laverty's, The Cloth Ear, John Hewitt Pub.

I'd recommend Belfast as a visitor location.


Good man yourself :thumbup:

Everyone seems to enjoy the bus tour.

Belfast and Causeway Coast made the Lonely Planet No1 for Best places to visit.


Nice one.

Yeah, the Titanic Centre is supposedly the 5th most visited tourist attraction in the world.

Good to see a city which has had too many bad times recently, get a break and making the most of it.
Hopefully we will get to the Giant's Causeway on our next trip.


Going round the north coast on hopefully a dry summers day is well worth it. My favourite place in Northern Ireland. Giants Causeway, Ballintoy Harbour etc followed by a trip to the Winebar. There's plenty of coffee shops in Portstewart too, though most are packed in the summer evenings :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 am
Posts: 16119
iarmhiman wrote:
I was there in October for the Ulster v Leinster match.

I was well impressed with it. Very hipster in the cathedral quarter mind.

Duke of York pub great spot.

I only have one complaint with Northern Ireland in general......the f**king bank notes. Could you not use Bank of England notes ? Same goes for the Jocks. Pain in the hole trying to get them accepted in England.

Ah just use them in a Sainsbury's self check out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14147
I hadn't been up there in years but happily I was up there on Thursday for some business meetings. Took a walk down the Falls Road on my lunch break and had a look at the murals, and had a quick look at the town hall and that orange lodge with the cage around it. Did you know the town hall in Durban, South Africa is a carbon copy of the Belfast Town Hall? The exact same, except surrounded by palm trees.

Also met a guy in North Belfast and he gave me a drive around speaking about the provision of housing up there in some of the interface areas, fascinating stuff.

Would like to go back and bring the missus some time.

EDIT: From a cycling perspective, looks like there's some good sportives in NI.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32331
Location: Dublin
I've never seen a place as quiet on a Sunday as Belfast mind. Absolutely hopping on a Saturday night mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2320
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
iarmhiman wrote:
I was there in October for the Ulster v Leinster match.

I was well impressed with it. Very hipster in the cathedral quarter mind.

Duke of York pub great spot.

I only have one complaint with Northern Ireland in general......the f**king bank notes. Could you not use Bank of England notes ? Same goes for the Jocks. Pain in the hole trying to get them accepted in England.


The bank notes are the only drawback. It means you have to go back there to spend them! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4765
Miguel Indurain wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:
Just returned back from what transpired to be a really enjoyable break in Belfast. :thumbup:

I've visited Belfast several times before mostly through participating in the annual Maracycle Dublin-Belfast-Dublin starting in the 1990's, but until now I had never stayed in Belfast as a tourist before.

Very enjoyable trip. We took a bus tour taking in the sights such as Stormont, the Titanic Centre, Falls Road, Shankill Road and Crumlin Road prison. I'd recommend taking this tour to other newbie tourists because it gives you a quick view of the city and you can hop off and hop on wherever you want. The people doing the tour said that visitor/tourist numbers to Belfast had increased. Good to hear this.

Titanic Centre is a really great attraction to visit. The centre gives the visitor a real insight in the Harland & Woulff shipyards and the ship building industry in Belfast. Of course the Titanic story is the centre piece of the visit but the other stuff around the ship building is as interesting in my opinion.

The pubs and restaurants throughout Belfast all seemed to be really busy. The shops and department stores were doing great trade throughout the city. You can't miss the amount of new building work going on especially in and around the city centre. Around Bedford Street especially.
Some really fabulous pubs too. The Empire, Laverty's, The Cloth Ear, John Hewitt Pub.

I'd recommend Belfast as a visitor location.


Good man yourself :thumbup:

Everyone seems to enjoy the bus tour.

Belfast and Causeway Coast made the Lonely Planet No1 for Best places to visit.


Nice one.

Yeah, the Titanic Centre is supposedly the 5th most visited tourist attraction in the world.

Good to see a city which has had too many bad times recently, get a break and making the most of it.
Hopefully we will get to the Giant's Causeway on our next trip.


You should do it cycling. Belfast to Derry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13085
I must take a get away up to Belfast in the near future.

From my recent visit to Northern Ireland I’d avoid Mullaghglass in Armagh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 7796
YOYO wrote:
I must take a get away up to Belfast in the near future.

From my recent visit to Northern Ireland I’d avoid Armagh.


Fixed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48007
Location: Dirty Leeds
iarmhiman wrote:
I was there in October for the Ulster v Leinster match.

I was well impressed with it. Very hipster in the cathedral quarter mind.

Duke of York pub great spot.

I only have one complaint with Northern Ireland in general......the f**king bank notes. Could you not use Bank of England notes ? Same goes for the Jocks. Pain in the hole trying to get them accepted in England.

I use NI notes in England all the time and I've never had a problem having them accepted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13085
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
YOYO wrote:
I must take a get away up to Belfast in the near future.

From my recent visit to Northern Ireland I’d avoid Armagh.


Fixed


Or Mullaglass. Not sure which is the right spelling.

Can you recommend a couple of locations in Northern Ireland other then Belfast that a southern brethren would enjoy?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6489
SASP wrote:
I usually enjoy my trips to Belfast.
W5 is also a good spot.


I was thinking of bringing the kids up there in a few weeks.
Worth it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12929
Coast/Glens route, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Giants Causeway, Bushmills Tour, Bushmills Inn is a good itinerary. Rathlin Island is good for a night for something a bit different.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12929
earl the beaver wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
I was there in October for the Ulster v Leinster match.

I was well impressed with it. Very hipster in the cathedral quarter mind.

Duke of York pub great spot.

I only have one complaint with Northern Ireland in general......the f**king bank notes. Could you not use Bank of England notes ? Same goes for the Jocks. Pain in the hole trying to get them accepted in England.

I use NI notes in England all the time and I've never had a problem having them accepted.


London black cabs are the only real issue I've had, but they're thrawn individuals anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49466
Location: Oundle
The last time I was there I had to escape from a department store on Royal Avenue wearing a jumper I had just put on.

The bang was deafening.

My late sister in law attended to the injured at the Royal Vic. She looked after the children.

Many of you have no idea what it was like in those days.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49466
Location: Oundle
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Coast/Glens route, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Giants Causeway, Bushmills Tour, Bushmills Inn is a good itinerary. Rathlin Island is good for a night for something a bit different.

What's that got to do with Belfast?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 706
I've enjoyed similar weekend breaks in Belfast, and had some great meals.

But the Sunday morning ghost town element is a pain in the whole. Everywhere shut until lunchtime when you're ready to leave


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 7796
YOYO wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
YOYO wrote:
I must take a get away up to Belfast in the near future.

From my recent visit to Northern Ireland I’d avoid Armagh.


Fixed


Or Mullaglass. Not sure which is the right spelling.

Can you recommend a couple of locations in Northern Ireland other then Belfast that a southern brethren would enjoy?


Army listed off a load around the North Coast above

If you wanted something outdoorsy, around Newcastle area is another good spot, you can climb Donard which would take most of the day or there's Castlewellan or tollymore forest park. Slightly outside them closer to Newry is Kilbroney forest park in Rostrevor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2320
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
YOYO wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
YOYO wrote:
I must take a get away up to Belfast in the near future.

From my recent visit to Northern Ireland I’d avoid Armagh.


Fixed


Or Mullaglass. Not sure which is the right spelling.

Can you recommend a couple of locations in Northern Ireland other then Belfast that a southern brethren would enjoy?


Before Christmas, we took a trip up around Dungannon and Cookstown. I hadn't been to that part of country since my rugby playing days. It's a nice area, bit off the tourist trail but interesting nonetheless.

We drove to there via Armagh, and Armagh is a nice town to visit too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49466
Location: Oundle
My former wife is from Gortin. She owns a hotel in Donegal.

What on earth has this got to do with Belfast?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12929
globus wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Coast/Glens route, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Giants Causeway, Bushmills Tour, Bushmills Inn is a good itinerary. Rathlin Island is good for a night for something a bit different.

What's that got to do with Belfast?


Try reading the thread you tedious cunt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Posts: 7796
globus wrote:
My former wife is from Gortin. She owns a hotel in Donegal.


What on earth has this got to do with Belfast?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12929
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
YOYO wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
YOYO wrote:
I must take a get away up to Belfast in the near future.

From my recent visit to Northern Ireland I’d avoid Armagh.


Fixed


Or Mullaglass. Not sure which is the right spelling.

Can you recommend a couple of locations in Northern Ireland other then Belfast that a southern brethren would enjoy?


Army listed off a load around the North Coast above

If you wanted something outdoorsy, around Newcastle area is another good spot, you can climb Donard which would take most of the day or there's Castlewellan or tollymore forest park. Slightly outside them closer to Newry is Kilbroney forest park in Rostrevor


Murlough beach is a nice walk with a good view of the Mournes as well, 2 minutes outside Newcastle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49466
Location: Oundle
Play golf at Newcastle.

This thread shoud be consigned to a bin that is labelled "I'll post anything I know about Ireland".

I know a lot about that isle. And I'm English.


Last edited by globus on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Posts: 13085
globus wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Coast/Glens route, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Giants Causeway, Bushmills Tour, Bushmills Inn is a good itinerary. Rathlin Island is good for a night for something a bit different.

What's that got to do with Belfast?


I had asked on this thread for a few places to visit in NI other than Belfast itself. Think AS was helping me out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6489
globus wrote:
Many of you have no idea what it was like in those days.


Many of us do.
Now fúck off, you tedious prat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49466
Location: Oundle
YOYO wrote:
globus wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
Coast/Glens route, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Giants Causeway, Bushmills Tour, Bushmills Inn is a good itinerary. Rathlin Island is good for a night for something a bit different.

What's that got to do with Belfast?


I had asked on this thread for a few places to visit in NI other than Belfast itself. Think AS was helping me out.

Ask me then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 9147
Location: Donegal
Leinsterman wrote:
SASP wrote:
I usually enjoy my trips to Belfast.
W5 is also a good spot.


I was thinking of bringing the kids up there in a few weeks.
Worth it?


It's pretty good, has a wide range of science exhibits and the demonstrations are interesting. You could spend half the day in there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Belfast
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 49466
Location: Oundle
Leinsterman wrote:
globus wrote:
Many of you have no idea what it was like in those days.


Many of us do.
Now fúck off, you tedious prat.

You clearly don't.

Now. Do tell me what you know about Omagh.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Altazuma, Bing [Bot], comets, Google Adsense [Bot], Jay Cee Gee, JPNZ, massive_field_goal, Mr Mike, Sards, sunnybanana, Taranaki Snapper, UncleFB and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group