Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:56 pm 

Binge watching the boxset of season 7 currently, this is a show that really benefits by not having to wait a week between episodes. You still notice some of the plot issues of course but it's much more enjoyable just going with the flow over a matter of hours instead of weeks. Only 4 more episodes to go now...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:39 pm 

2019 finale confirmed

Quote:
“Game of Thrones” Season 8 is officially coming back in 2019, HBO announced Thursday.

Season 7 of the series aired this past summer, while the previous seasons of the show had aired in the spring. It us unknown at this time at what point in 2019 “Game of Thrones” will air, but the final season of the megahit fantasy series will consist of six episodes. Season 7 was seven episodes, several of which were over an hour long.

Series star Sophie Turner previously told Variety production on Season 8 began in October and is set to run into the middle of 2018.

Season 7 of “Game of Thrones” was the show’s highest-rated yet, breaking several records in the process. The season finale was watched by 16.5 million viewers, including people who watched the episode as it aired and night-of streams. Of those, 12.1 million watched the episode as it aired, making it the most-watched episode in series history.

Directors for the new season are: series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, David Nutter, and Miguel Sapochnik. Benioff and Weiss will also write the new season along with Bryan Cogman and Dave Hill. Benioff and Weiss executive produce along with Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield. Cogman, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis and George R.R. Martin co-executive produce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm 

Brumbieman wrote:
Another one i'd love to see is Iggulden's Genghis Khan series. Just adapt it as it was written, the storyline is already so damn good.

Wouldn't work. There would be too much outrage if they cast Europeans as the main Mongolians and it wouldn't be a hit in the Western world if the main characters are Asian. Even if they are slaughtering Muslims.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:50 pm 

Meanwhile, regarding the remaining books

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:21 am 

Demilich wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:
Another one i'd love to see is Iggulden's Genghis Khan series. Just adapt it as it was written, the storyline is already so damn good.

Wouldn't work. There would be too much outrage if they cast Europeans as the main Mongolians and it wouldn't be a hit in the Western world if the main characters are Asian. Even if they are slaughtering Muslims.

Yeah, it's the big hurdle in converting that to film. fudge me though it would be an epic.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:37 am 

So is there a big twist left in the series? Other than people dying left right and centre here's a few possible plot twists
- Arya already dead and the Jaqar's wife is there to kill someone important.

- Gendry is Robert and Cerseis' son and will bring peace to the Kingdoms.

- NightKing turns out to be Azor Ahai

- Everyone dies including the Night King and the children of the forest reclaim Westoros.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 am 

I think I'll give up on the books now. It's been so long I can't even remember what the hell happened and the TV shows alternative timeline further confuses things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:37 am 

Hope all you nerds have got a Royal Mail GoT stamp set today...

I have

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:31 am 

So err, any news on the next book?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:14 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:05 am 

Floppykid wrote:
So err, any news on the next book?

GRRM gonna die before book 7 is finished. Book 6 is almost certainly finished but rumour claims there a alternative versions GRRM is working though what he wants most.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:36 am 

he's a hack writer but the luckiest fucker going.

His editor must be some sort of buddhist monk.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:47 am 

ukjim wrote:

I'm pretty sure no editor has looked at the last books since Storm of Swords.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:59 am 

In desperation, someone has interpreted GRRMs location update of "That Would Be Telling" and "The Hidden Fortress" a while ago instead of his usual Santa Fe as meaning he was visiting his editors in NYC....

Anyway, there is a way to get TWoW already

Jaime and Sansa :shock:
Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:03 am 

ukjim wrote:

I don't think he's a hack, he's a pretty good writer. Arrogant fvck though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 pm 

True Blue wrote:
ukjim wrote:

He was a good writer for the first three books.

Any news on the next book yet?
2019?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:18 am 

Floppykid wrote:
True Blue wrote:
ukjim wrote:

2019?

No but we have this

TEXAS HOLD ‘EM is the final book in the America Triad, and the twenty-seventh volume of the overall series

:|

And when he's not doing stuff like that or writing about the NFL he's scouring the internet to see if anyone has figured out the ending so he can change it and have his 'gotcha' moment

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:51 am 

Floppykid wrote:
True Blue wrote:
ukjim wrote:

2019?

The series will never be completed, i think we just have to accept that now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:56 am 

ID2 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
True Blue wrote:
ukjim wrote:

2019?

No but we have this

TEXAS HOLD ‘EM is the final book in the America Triad, and the twenty-seventh volume of the overall series

And when he's not doing stuff like that or writing about the NFL he's scouring the internet to see if anyone has figured out the ending so he can change it and have his 'gotcha' moment

Bran will wake from his coma after falling from the tower. His family will be gathered around him, safe and happy, and he'll realise it was all a dream. He'll look around the room and going full Wizard of Oz will tell them that he's had the strangest dream and that they were all there. Thus, the great anticlimax will be complete.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:07 am 

JB1981 wrote:
ID2 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
True Blue wrote:
ukjim wrote:

2019?

No but we have this

Bran will wake from his coma after falling from the tower. His family will be gathered around him, safe and happy, and he'll realise it was all a dream. He'll look around the room and going full Wizard of Oz will tell them that he's had the strangest dream and that they were all there. Thus, the great anticlimax will be complete.

That's probably a better ending than the one we'll actually get.

I marathon watched all 7 seasons this year after finally succumbing to all the hype. I thought the first 4 seasons were mostly excellent with a few things I didn't like. Season 5 was tolerable although not nearly as good as the first 4. Season 6 was poor with the number of plot lines I didn't like dramatically out weighing the few I still enjoyed. Season 7 was a train wreck. And I fully expect season 8 to be just as bad. I doubt I'll bother watching.

Still, the first 4 seasons made it all worthwhile. I'll likely watch them again and pretend the entire cast and crew died in a tragic accident involving dragon fire, decapitations, poison and burning at the stake and therefore season 4 was the last one they ever made. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:24 am 

GRRMs blog (you know, the one where he blathers on about NFL, the other 50 books he's involved in that no-one gives two shits about) is moving to a new server. Apparently he talked about doing this several years ago, but you know George...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:46 pm 

George RR Martin: a new Game of Thrones book is coming …

But it won’t be The Winds of Winter, the planned sixth volume of the series. Instead author has revealed a history of the Targaryen dynasty, due in November https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/ ... -targaryen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 pm 

Face it he is going to do a wheel of time...

I just want to know how the f**king thing ends.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm 

ukjim wrote:
Face it he is going to do a wheel of time...

I just want to know how the f**king thing ends.

The show will give you the ending.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:10 am 

So he's focussing on a book about incest. Did we really expect anything less?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:52 pm 

Quote:
Martin let us know that the next book in A Song of Ice and Fire isn’t coming any time soon. In fact, that’s how he chose to open the blog post, presumably to avoid getting people’s hopes up: “No, winter is not coming… not in 2018, at least. You’re going to have to keep waiting for THE WINDS OF WINTER.”

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2018 ... n-the-way/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:58 pm 

tabascoboy wrote:
Quote:
Martin let us know that the next book in A Song of Ice and Fire isn’t coming any time soon. In fact, that’s how he chose to open the blog post, presumably to avoid getting people’s hopes up: “No, winter is not coming… not in 2018, at least. You’re going to have to keep waiting for THE WINDS OF WINTER.”

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2018 ... n-the-way/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:52 pm 

Maybe they should include a mortality rate with that for old overweight blokes who can afford good healthcare.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 pm 

Brumbieman wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

Yeah, it's the big hurdle in converting that to film. fudge me though it would be an epic.

Showing Jesus Christ as a white guy seems to work still

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:02 pm 

Brumbieman wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

They did Marco Polo recently and Kublai Khan was played by Benny Wong and he’s from Salford. Seems a decent balance?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:05 pm 

Punter15 wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:
Demilich wrote:
Brumbieman wrote:

They did Marco Polo recently and Kublai Khan was played by Benny Wong and he’s from Salford. Seems a decent balance?

One of my best mates crewed on the first two series. Harvey Weinstein was an executive producer and only visited site once, for the very two days 30 Thai prostitutes were flown in for naked orgy scenes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:23 pm 

so there's an official prequel in the works
guess the fat fudge will take any excuse not to finish the damn books

Quote:
HBO has given an official pilot order to their first Game of Thrones prequel series.

The as-yet-untitled show will be co-created by original author George RR Martin and Jane Goldman who will act as showrunner. Goldman’s screenwriting credits include Kick-Ass and Kingsman: The Secret Service.

The series will be set thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones and “will chronicle the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour”. HBO has released the following logline: “Only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend … it’s not the story we think we know.”

Martin had already revealed that any HBO spin-offs would be prequels but the news acts as confirmation of the first of a number of potential new shows set in the same universe. Last May, the network hired a number of writers to work on them, including Goldman herself and Brian Helgeland, who wrote the screenplay for LA Confidential.

Last year, Goldman hinted that her series will include humor and gore. “Those are things I love, and things I like to do,” shetold Digital Spy. “It would be remiss of me not to put them in.”

HBO’s progamming president, Casey Bloys, has teased that there will be between “zero to five” spin-off projects that make it to the small screen. He also revealed that the first show will not air until at least a year after the main show ends.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:27 pm 

While I've just given up on the books ever being finished, I'm glad the prequel is set then, rather than Robert's rebellion. It will be much more interesting to have it set in a time with nothing to do with the current characters.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:29 am 

So is there a release date yet for Winds of Winter?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:30 am 

Floppykid wrote:
So is there a release date yet for Winds of Winter?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 am 

There's some talk that HBO won't let him release the book this year due to fear of crossover spoilers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:52 am 

True Blue wrote:
There's some talk that HBO won't let him release the book this year due to fear of crossover spoilers.

Nah.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:43 am 

crash 669 wrote:
While I've just given up on the books ever being finished, I'm glad the prequel is set then, rather than Robert's rebellion. It will be much more interesting to have it set in a time with nothing to do with the current characters.

Robert's Rebellion would make a good miniseries.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 am 

True Blue wrote:

There is no way that HBO have a say on this, I'm sure the publishers and GRRM would never agree to such a contract clause which would be the only legal recourse. If anything the statements from GRRM suggest he preferred them not to conclude the series until he'd finished the books ( how many seasons of filler would that be!). I'm sure D&D would rather have had a finished article to work from.

Besides which in a fairly new interview GRRM says he's "still working hard" ( :lol: ) on the book and so it seems that is why it won't be finished in time for a 2018 release. He says he hasn't time to be involved in TV scripts for a spin off. Most likely the source for this is book wankers making excuses for the fat man.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:38 am 

Why would he release the books and spoiler the entire final season? There must be some agreement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 332, 333, 334, 335, 336, 337  Next