Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6793 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 170  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2085
Assassins Creed Revelations

First impressions - SHITE. So far it is all on rails, there was an appalling carriage scene where you die many times until you realise all you have to do is keep the left stick pressed hard left and thats it. And how do you select things in your inventory? I am supposed to select medicine but there is no apparent way of doing so (same with weapons and everything else) - I can browse my inventory but I have yet to find a way to use anything in it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18926
So I heard a lot about this Elder Scrolls game and finally decided to give it a go.
Jesus. It's absolutely amazing. I love Morrowind now!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21041
Started up a game of Sins of a Solar Empire there the other day, it's a space based RTS. Has all the usual stuff, as in military, diplomacy (which I don't know how to work at all), etc but I think it's really awesome, would recommend to any RTS fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5321
Location: By the mighty beard of Adam Jones
Gort wrote:
Assassins Creed Revelations

First impressions - SHITE. So far it is all on rails, there was an appalling carriage scene where you die many times until you realise all you have to do is keep the left stick pressed hard left and thats it. And how do you select things in your inventory? I am supposed to select medicine but there is no apparent way of doing so (same with weapons and everything else) - I can browse my inventory but I have yet to find a way to use anything in it.


Is this your first time playing an AC game, or is this a big step down from II? II had its problems but still a favourite of mine, aspects of it are so much fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2085
Womack wrote:
Gort wrote:
Assassins Creed Revelations

First impressions - SHITE. So far it is all on rails, there was an appalling carriage scene where you die many times until you realise all you have to do is keep the left stick pressed hard left and thats it. And how do you select things in your inventory? I am supposed to select medicine but there is no apparent way of doing so (same with weapons and everything else) - I can browse my inventory but I have yet to find a way to use anything in it.


Is this your first time playing an AC game, or is this a big step down from II? II had its problems but still a favourite of mine, aspects of it are so much fun.


I have played them all. Not happy with this one though so far but I have just got past DNA sequence one which was all on rails - still struggling with the inventory.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:17 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18294
I've recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it was ace...signs are they are not going to make another, but I can't believe that.

I'm now focussing on March, Mass Effect 3! Although all the hype seems to be around multiplayer...if those fuckers give up the single storey mode to go chasing Warcraft dweebs and going on quests bollocks, I'll be deeply unimpressed :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21041
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I've recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it was ace...signs are they are not going to make another, but I can't believe that.


:lol:

The 2nd one has been out for months, Batman: Arkham City. It's even better than Arkham Asylum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5321
Location: By the mighty beard of Adam Jones
I just replayed Arkham Asylum, funnily enough. Linear but again, so much fun to play. It'd be a real shame if they don't make another.

Edit: Ah, so they did! Right, I'll give that a year or so and get me a copy. Oooohhhh yeah.


Last edited by Womack on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 am
Posts: 104
Location: Oz
Uncle Fester wrote:
So I heard a lot about this Elder Scrolls game and finally decided to give it a go.
Jesus. It's absolutely amazing. I love Morrowind now!


:thumbup: I played Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and thought it was excellent. Huge amount of play in it. Really good value for money.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18294
danthefan wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I've recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it was ace...signs are they are not going to make another, but I can't believe that.


:lol:

The 2nd one has been out for months, Batman: Arkham City. It's even better than Arkham Asylum.


Arkham City is what I meant. I read that there was no plans for a third...which, as I said, I can't believe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21041
Jeff the Bear wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I've recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, and it was ace...signs are they are not going to make another, but I can't believe that.


:lol:

The 2nd one has been out for months, Batman: Arkham City. It's even better than Arkham Asylum.


Arkham City is what I meant. I read that there was no plans for a third...which, as I said, I can't believe.


Oh, well then. It's sold by the truckload so I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't make another.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2085
Womack wrote:
I just replayed Arkham Asylum, funnily enough. Linear but again, so much fun to play. It'd be a real shame if they don't make another.

Edit: Ah, so they did! Right, I'll give that a year or so and get me a copy. Oooohhhh yeah.


I thought Arkham Asylum was excellent. Arkham City was dreadful (the little I played of it before tiring of it)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13305
danthefan wrote:
Started up a game of Sins of a Solar Empire there the other day, it's a space based RTS. Has all the usual stuff, as in military, diplomacy (which I don't know how to work at all), etc but I think it's really awesome, would recommend to any RTS fans.


Played the fudge out of it a couple of years ago. Great fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18294
Gort wrote:
Womack wrote:
I just replayed Arkham Asylum, funnily enough. Linear but again, so much fun to play. It'd be a real shame if they don't make another.

Edit: Ah, so they did! Right, I'll give that a year or so and get me a copy. Oooohhhh yeah.


I thought Arkham Asylum was excellent. Arkham City was dreadful (the little I played of it before tiring of it)


I agree it was slow to get into to, but once it hit it's straps it's was a far superior game to Asylum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21041
anonymous_joe wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Started up a game of Sins of a Solar Empire there the other day, it's a space based RTS. Has all the usual stuff, as in military, diplomacy (which I don't know how to work at all), etc but I think it's really awesome, would recommend to any RTS fans.


Played the fudge out of it a couple of years ago. Great fun.


Yeah I hadn't played it for years. I started up Impulse by accident and it let me download it again for free (fudge knows where the discs are) obviously remembering I'd registered it to my account so I thought fudge it, why not. It's still ridiculously good. Only played on normal, the star base yokes you can build are way too powerful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13305
danthefan wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Started up a game of Sins of a Solar Empire there the other day, it's a space based RTS. Has all the usual stuff, as in military, diplomacy (which I don't know how to work at all), etc but I think it's really awesome, would recommend to any RTS fans.


Played the fudge out of it a couple of years ago. Great fun.


Yeah I hadn't played it for years. I started up Impulse by accident and it let me download it again for free (fudge knows where the discs are) obviously remembering I'd registered it to my account so I thought fudge it, why not. It's still ridiculously good. Only played on normal, the star base yokes you can build are way too powerful.


Really? Haven't touched the expansions. I don;t even have Impulse on this laptop, it's only on my old desktop. That thing was a beast though, so it tore through Sins. Great little game.

There any sequels in the works or anything?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 696
Have really been enjoying Skyrim but it still has a few issues, particularly the user interface/inventory management. Combat is also not great although can still be satisfying.

I'm looking forward to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. That looks like it could really take my focus away from Skyrim.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18926
gtb wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
So I heard a lot about this Elder Scrolls game and finally decided to give it a go.
Jesus. It's absolutely amazing. I love Morrowind now!


:thumbup: I played Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and thought it was excellent. Huge amount of play in it. Really good value for money.

When I finish that, I might try the new game that everybody is talking about, Final Fantasy VII.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18167
you benders really need to get battlefield 3 on the PS3, there about 6 of us on there now
peow peow peow !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 350
I'm really looking forward to the new X-Com game.
Also, here is an absolute masterpiece of story-telling and art Probably the the most intellectually stimulating, touching game since Planescape Torment all for free. Like Torment, it's not for those looking for a bit of mindless diversion and distraction.
http://katawa-shoujo.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5489
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
Womack wrote:
I just replayed Arkham Asylum, funnily enough. Linear but again, so much fun to play. It'd be a real shame if they don't make another.

Edit: Ah, so they did! Right, I'll give that a year or so and get me a copy. Oooohhhh yeah.


Arkham City is a great Sequel for Asylum.. A great ending as well which really shows Batmans relationship is with the Psychos of Arkham.

Also, word is they are going to make a 3rd Game.. But will be most likely be called Gotham City.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5420
Gort wrote:
Assassins Creed Revelations

First impressions - SHITE. So far it is all on rails, there was an appalling carriage scene where you die many times until you realise all you have to do is keep the left stick pressed hard left and thats it. And how do you select things in your inventory? I am supposed to select medicine but there is no apparent way of doing so (same with weapons and everything else) - I can browse my inventory but I have yet to find a way to use anything in it.



You can assign items to the D-pad, assuming you are on a console. I've always got it set up so that left is medicine, up is hidden blade.

The on the rails aspects are shite, and it's nowhere near as good as the storyline in ACII and doesn't add much like Brotherhood did (try playing without post Brotherhood style combat, it's annoying now). Still, it is a generally pretty good. Wait until you have to leave the city on a boat for a spectacular sequence, although it's nearly a cutscene that you can participate in.

The series needs a good reboot for 3, and the rumours are that it will be set in the American Revolution.

Bought Fifa Street 3 for a few quid the other day. That's the sort of pick up and put down gaming I have room for now. Although GTA5 will be pre-ordered, even if 4 was a disappointment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24114
Location: SOB>Todd
bobbity wrote:
Gort wrote:
Assassins Creed Revelations

First impressions - SHITE. So far it is all on rails, there was an appalling carriage scene where you die many times until you realise all you have to do is keep the left stick pressed hard left and thats it. And how do you select things in your inventory? I am supposed to select medicine but there is no apparent way of doing so (same with weapons and everything else) - I can browse my inventory but I have yet to find a way to use anything in it.



You can assign items to the D-pad, assuming you are on a console. I've always got it set up so that left is medicine, up is hidden blade.

The on the rails aspects are shite, and it's nowhere near as good as the storyline in ACII and doesn't add much like Brotherhood did (try playing without post Brotherhood style combat, it's annoying now). Still, it is a generally pretty good. Wait until you have to leave the city on a boat for a spectacular sequence, although it's nearly a cutscene that you can participate in.

The series needs a good reboot for 3, and the rumours are that it will be set in the American Revolution.

Bought Fifa Street 3 for a few quid the other day. That's the sort of pick up and put down gaming I have room for now. Although GTA5 will be pre-ordered, even if 4 was a disappointment.


I was hoping that they'd just end the series with AC3, y'know, you play as Desmond in the present day. The series is starting to wear on.
Oh and,
GTA 4 was one of the best games I've played. By far the best in the series for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5420
Don't even know if it will be Desmond, though I assume it will.

San Andreas was the best, everyone knows that. They really should spruce up the graphics and release it for the PS3/360, I'd happily pay for it. The return to San Andreas, the promise of a vast map, something like 5 times the size of 4's according to rumours and includes rural locations, and planes, all mean that I will be buying 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24114
Location: SOB>Todd
bobbity wrote:
Don't even know if it will be Desmond, though I assume it will.

San Andreas was the best, everyone knows that. They really should spruce up the graphics and release it for the PS3/360, I'd happily pay for it. The return to San Andreas, the promise of a vast map, something like 5 times the size of 4's according to rumours and includes rural locations, and planes, all mean that I will be buying 5.

Meh, all thirteen year olds are enamored with the gimmicks of San Andreas.
I preferred the focused experience of GTA 4.
The script writing was far better in GTA 4 too.
About as good as it gets with a video game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5420
Ok, I concede. In 4 particularly enjoyed the realistic way the motorbikes were near death traps. The gimmicks of SA indeed. Tearing through San Fierro on an NRG was no gimmick.

In all seriousness, 4 is by no means a bad game. It just wasn't quite as fun as the previous games. I did finally buy Gay Tony, and the Lost and the Damned the other day, which do fix the terrible motorbike handling. Much better for driving around the city when you can filter at speed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2195
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Been a gamer for years, two of my all time favorites are Wizardry 7 and 8 , download them sometime its an RPG for the skilled!

Games that are great fun in recent times and recommend you play:


Borderlands, just great fun to be had with a couple of mates or your girlfriend if your lucky!
Dragon Age Origins, great story, great characters, telling decisions........elf sex!
Dead Space 1 & 2, great horror story, intense boss fights, feels very doom like i.e your all alone!, just lot of fun to play.
Fallout FPS games , 1950's style Sci-Fi how ever it is set in 2XXX, massive world, humor abound, just great games and being able to pick someones pocket and then putting a live grenade in there....priceless!
GTA IV - Great actors, cars, bikes, hookers, blowing shit up, great fun!
Deus EX Human Revolutions, cyber punk atmosphere, wonderful story, RPG elements, can play it any wayyou want(all guns blazing, hacker, clock and dagger) this game is a must .
Portal 1 & 2, Puzzle and great story, not my cup of tea but my girlfriend is hooked
Elder Scroll Games......SKYRIM, enough said!!!!

Games I cant seem to get in to but have a massive following are The Witcher, Starcraft, Modern Warfare 1 -3, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed, just don't like em but a lot of people do!

Future games:

Diablo 3!!!!!!
GTA V
Borderlands 2
DLC Skyrim, Deus Ex

Hmmm think I will go play some Wizardry 7 again......even with the walk through back when I had a 3 month break from university, it took me a month to finish, great game!

Oh yes all my gaming is done on PC, consoles can suck it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13305
Davedj77 wrote:
Have really been enjoying Skyrim but it still has a few issues, particularly the user interface/inventory management. Combat is also not great although can still be satisfying.

I'm looking forward to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. That looks like it could really take my focus away from Skyrim.


Demo of that was shite.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 134
Battlefield 3 (If you like online FPS and are sick of Call of Duty style games) Very much a team based game


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Pehg3cU2w&noredirect=1

This video is a good one for showing what it's about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:42 am
Posts: 3
odd144 wrote:
Been a gamer for years, two of my all time favorites are Wizardry 7 and 8 , download them sometime its an RPG for the skilled!

Games that are great fun in recent times and recommend you play:


Borderlands, just great fun to be had with a couple of mates or your girlfriend if your lucky!
Dragon Age Origins, great story, great characters, telling decisions........elf sex!
Dead Space 1 & 2, great horror story, intense boss fights, feels very doom like i.e your all alone!, just lot of fun to play.
Fallout FPS games , 1950's style Sci-Fi how ever it is set in 2XXX, massive world, humor abound, just great games and being able to pick someones pocket and then putting a live grenade in there....priceless!
GTA IV - Great actors, cars, bikes, hookers, blowing shit up, great fun!
Deus EX Human Revolutions, cyber punk atmosphere, wonderful story, RPG elements, can play it any wayyou want(all guns blazing, hacker, clock and dagger) this game is a must .
Portal 1 & 2, Puzzle and great story, not my cup of tea but my girlfriend is hooked
Elder Scroll Games......SKYRIM, enough said!!!!

Games I cant seem to get in to but have a massive following are The Witcher, Starcraft, Modern Warfare 1 -3, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed, just don't like em but a lot of people do!

Future games:

Diablo 3!!!!!!
GTA V
Borderlands 2
DLC Skyrim, Deus Ex

Hmmm think I will go play some Wizardry 7 again......even with the walk through back when I had a 3 month break from university, it took me a month to finish, great game!

Oh yes all my gaming is done on PC, consoles can suck it!



Yep, Wizardry 8 is the greatest rpg of all time for gameplay. Planescape Torment for story, and Baldurs Gate for a happy medium between the 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1000
I stopped playing video games when I was 16 and discovered beer and girls and then commenced a career.

The only people who continue gaming in adulthood are the unemployed and socially inept geeks. FACT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 134
--DD-- wrote:
I stopped playing video games when I was 16 and discovered beer and girls and then commenced a career.

The only people who continue gaming in adulthood are the unemployed and socially inept geeks. FACT



Hahaha, having seen your Facebook profile I find the above f**king amusing.


Tell us about the beer and girls again, bro.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2195
Location: No home....chickenrunning
Frieddy wrote:
odd144 wrote:
Been a gamer for years, two of my all time favorites are Wizardry 7 and 8 , download them sometime its an RPG for the skilled!

Games that are great fun in recent times and recommend you play:


Borderlands, just great fun to be had with a couple of mates or your girlfriend if your lucky!
Dragon Age Origins, great story, great characters, telling decisions........elf sex!
Dead Space 1 & 2, great horror story, intense boss fights, feels very doom like i.e your all alone!, just lot of fun to play.
Fallout FPS games , 1950's style Sci-Fi how ever it is set in 2XXX, massive world, humor abound, just great games and being able to pick someones pocket and then putting a live grenade in there....priceless!
GTA IV - Great actors, cars, bikes, hookers, blowing shit up, great fun!
Deus EX Human Revolutions, cyber punk atmosphere, wonderful story, RPG elements, can play it any wayyou want(all guns blazing, hacker, clock and dagger) this game is a must .
Portal 1 & 2, Puzzle and great story, not my cup of tea but my girlfriend is hooked
Elder Scroll Games......SKYRIM, enough said!!!!

Games I cant seem to get in to but have a massive following are The Witcher, Starcraft, Modern Warfare 1 -3, Mass Effect and Assassins Creed, just don't like em but a lot of people do!

Future games:

Diablo 3!!!!!!
GTA V
Borderlands 2
DLC Skyrim, Deus Ex

Hmmm think I will go play some Wizardry 7 again......even with the walk through back when I had a 3 month break from university, it took me a month to finish, great game!

Oh yes all my gaming is done on PC, consoles can suck it!



Yep, Wizardry 8 is the greatest rpg of all time for gameplay. Planescape Torment for story, and Baldurs Gate for a happy medium between the 2.


GF is has been out the whole day, so have been playing Skyrim and Wizardry 7 for the whole day, it been good.....now I want to play Wizardry 8, shit damn it where does the time go!


Last edited by odd144 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2195
Location: No home....chickenrunning
--DD-- wrote:
I stopped playing video games when I was 16 and discovered beer and girls and then commenced a career.

The only people who continue gaming in adulthood are the unemployed and socially inept geeks. FACT


If only that were true , most games cost and arm a leg, so if your unemployed it would be doubtful you would even be able to afford playing games all day!

PS , I am doing quite nicely for an avid gamer since around age 7-ish, inept geek hardly!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 67
The Witcher is okay. It has some great moments.

The Witcher 2 is phenomenal. The story and the characters are well drawn and motivated. It's not a thin layer of motivation over a good-guy/bad-guy dichotomy like you find in some games (DA2), it really encompasses the character.
Some bemoan the last act as letting it down. It did seem slightly rushed but it was still very good. Definitely check it out if you haven't already.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2195
Location: No home....chickenrunning
diom wrote:
The Witcher is okay. It has some great moments.

The Witcher 2 is phenomenal. The story and the characters are well drawn and motivated. It's not a thin layer of motivation over a good-guy/bad-guy dichotomy like you find in some games (DA2), it really encompasses the character.
Some bemoan the last act as letting it down. It did seem slightly rushed but it was still very good. Definitely check it out if you haven't already.


I am a PC gamer and with original Witcher had a difficult control scheme/Sword play learning cure that I could not get over, I know its made for consoles but hoping they fixed the horrible control in the sequel for the PC?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5489
Location: Growing Rugby Online. FACT.
--DD-- wrote:
I stopped playing video games when I was 16 and discovered beer and girls and then commenced a career.

The only people who continue gaming in adulthood are the unemployed and socially inept geeks. FACT


Thats what all envious losers who cannot afford consoles always say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 134
kovana wrote:
--DD-- wrote:
I stopped playing video games when I was 16 and discovered beer and girls and then commenced a career.

The only people who continue gaming in adulthood are the unemployed and socially inept geeks. FACT


Thats what all envious losers who cannot afford consoles always say.


I am sure he can afford one but you should see his Facebook profile. He's hardly the super suave plum he makes out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 639
Location: San Francisco
why are you obsessed with looking at his facebook profile? Is he cute?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game Reviews
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 134
Minnosu wrote:
why are you obsessed with looking at his facebook profile? Is he cute?



What makes you think I am obsessed? I mentioned it twice... Please explain, brosif.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6793 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 170  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alba, bimboman, DOB, DragsterDriver, Flyin Ryan, Fritz Lung, Google Adsense [Bot], Homer, Hong Kong, Jeff the Bear, La soule, Lazy Couch potato, Liathroidigloine, Lobby, Lord Denning, Mog The Almighty, MrBunhead, piquant, Santa, SEAsianExpat, shereblue, themaddog, Trostan, True Blue, zzzz and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group