Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:21 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
I am home safe anyway. the tears have stopped and my body has relaxed. Got a few messages of support from HR and people at work which has lifted my spirits a bit

Good to hear and it must be encouraging to know they care

Yeah it is. I am going to go back to playing sports as well this week. I am getting into a funk, not doing any activities and dwelling on things. I appreciate all the replies on here too. It's really comforting that you guys would take the time out of your day to encourage me even though you don't know me. You are all good guys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
Heymans wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
i know its gonna devastate me completely for at least 2 weeks.
Not looking forward to it.

If you think like this it's going to happen. Do yourself a favour and just let it affect you for a day, if you have to.

Me thinking about it or not has no bearing on the actual decision.

The NO will break me though. I dunno I can limit it to 1 day though.

Yo thinking about how devastated you will be will not alter the outcome. You may well get the job.

I suppose yes. I have to be rather cryptic but you of all peple would understand why my hopes are not very high. Yes, its about that, there.

Hang in there DragonKhan. It'll get better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:01 pm 

I went back to Ireland to visit my mom at the outset of what I thought would be tough, but doable treatment.
I'm a week back and I just got a second call from my sister after the scans.
It's spread, things aren't looking good at all.

I left work but now I'm just sitting here alone at home, I don't know what to do.
I could barely speak or contain my tears on the public transport home, but now that I'm in the confines of the apartment they just wont come.
My whole body feels heavy a leaden and weird. The original prognosis always felt too good to be true looking back.

That's the 6 Nations ruined for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:44 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
I went back to Ireland to visit my mom at the outset of what I thought would be tough, but doable treatment.
I'm a week back and I just got a second call from my sister after the scans.
It's spread, things aren't looking good at all.

I left work but now I'm just sitting here alone at home, I don't know what to do.
I could barely speak or contain my tears on the public transport home, but now that I'm in the confines of the apartment they just wont come.
My whole body feels heavy a leaden and weird. The original prognosis always felt too good to be true looking back.

That's the 6 Nations ruined for me.

I’m very sorry to hear that Floppykid. It must be a very tough time for you. I’m not sure how’d I’d feel in that situation. Hoping things change for your mother. Life is tough and times like this while obsoletely horrible are part of life’s journey for all of us, which I know is of little sollice to you. All you can do is love and support you mother and family. Being close to home at a time like this might be good for you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:59 pm 

fudge all to be said Floppy. Heart goes out to you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:38 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
look_spanky wrote:
My partner has been having panic attacks and crying every day for 5 weeks, I’ve had to quit my job so we can move back to Christchurch so she can be near to family and friends. It would be fair to say it’s put quite a strain on our relationship. Especially as she takes medication but about 4 times she has come off it because she is “feeling better”, only to spiral back to rock bottom again. This has been by far the worst episode so far though. It is especially hard as I have my own issues with social anxiety which she is not very understanding of.

Sounds like she needs to accept the meds work for her.

Also if she is unsympathetic to your illness I’d be weighing up how healthy the relationship is? It seems unreasonable of her?

Yeah, turns out her eggo is preggo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:48 am 

Heymans wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Heymans wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
i know its gonna devastate me completely for at least 2 weeks.
Not looking forward to it.

If you think like this it's going to happen. Do yourself a favour and just let it affect you for a day, if you have to.

Me thinking about it or not has no bearing on the actual decision.

The NO will break me though. I dunno I can limit it to 1 day though.

Yo thinking about how devastated you will be will not alter the outcome. You may well get the job.

I suppose yes. I have to be rather cryptic but you of all peple would understand why my hopes are not very high. Yes, its about that, there.

Hang in there DragonKhan. It'll get better.

I get the message, Heymans, but my views stand. Hang in there, mate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:43 pm 

You're all brave & solid carnts! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm 

Been a tough week. I found out that my best friend tried to kill himself last year, shortly after I visited him (he has assured me it wasn't the conversation that pushed him over the edge). He's says he's well on the road to recovery, but I'm still struggling to cope with the idea of him even trying; the proverbial "last one you always expect".

Another good friend of mine in Dubai has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Early days but the first few doctors have refused to operate due to the proximity to the spine. Her future is currently very uncertain.

Can't shake either of these from my mind. They are two good people who don't deserve this - but isn't that always the case :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1489 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38