Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:21 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
I am home safe anyway. the tears have stopped and my body has relaxed. Got a few messages of support from HR and people at work which has lifted my spirits a bit

Good to hear and it must be encouraging to know they care

Yeah it is. I am going to go back to playing sports as well this week. I am getting into a funk, not doing any activities and dwelling on things. I appreciate all the replies on here too. It's really comforting that you guys would take the time out of your day to encourage me even though you don't know me. You are all good guys

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:11 pm 

Kiwias wrote:
Heymans wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
i know its gonna devastate me completely for at least 2 weeks.
Not looking forward to it.

If you think like this it's going to happen. Do yourself a favour and just let it affect you for a day, if you have to.

Me thinking about it or not has no bearing on the actual decision.

The NO will break me though. I dunno I can limit it to 1 day though.

Yo thinking about how devastated you will be will not alter the outcome. You may well get the job.

I suppose yes. I have to be rather cryptic but you of all peple would understand why my hopes are not very high. Yes, its about that, there.

Hang in there DragonKhan. It'll get better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:01 pm 

I went back to Ireland to visit my mom at the outset of what I thought would be tough, but doable treatment.
I'm a week back and I just got a second call from my sister after the scans.
It's spread, things aren't looking good at all.

I left work but now I'm just sitting here alone at home, I don't know what to do.
I could barely speak or contain my tears on the public transport home, but now that I'm in the confines of the apartment they just wont come.
My whole body feels heavy a leaden and weird. The original prognosis always felt too good to be true looking back.

That's the 6 Nations ruined for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:44 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
I went back to Ireland to visit my mom at the outset of what I thought would be tough, but doable treatment.
I'm a week back and I just got a second call from my sister after the scans.
It's spread, things aren't looking good at all.

I left work but now I'm just sitting here alone at home, I don't know what to do.
I could barely speak or contain my tears on the public transport home, but now that I'm in the confines of the apartment they just wont come.
My whole body feels heavy a leaden and weird. The original prognosis always felt too good to be true looking back.

That's the 6 Nations ruined for me.

I’m very sorry to hear that Floppykid. It must be a very tough time for you. I’m not sure how’d I’d feel in that situation. Hoping things change for your mother. Life is tough and times like this while obsoletely horrible are part of life’s journey for all of us, which I know is of little sollice to you. All you can do is love and support you mother and family. Being close to home at a time like this might be good for you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:59 pm 

fudge all to be said Floppy. Heart goes out to you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:38 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
look_spanky wrote:
My partner has been having panic attacks and crying every day for 5 weeks, I’ve had to quit my job so we can move back to Christchurch so she can be near to family and friends. It would be fair to say it’s put quite a strain on our relationship. Especially as she takes medication but about 4 times she has come off it because she is “feeling better”, only to spiral back to rock bottom again. This has been by far the worst episode so far though. It is especially hard as I have my own issues with social anxiety which she is not very understanding of.

Sounds like she needs to accept the meds work for her.

Also if she is unsympathetic to your illness I’d be weighing up how healthy the relationship is? It seems unreasonable of her?

Yeah, turns out her eggo is preggo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:48 am 

Heymans wrote:
Kiwias wrote:
Heymans wrote:
100MileDad wrote:
Quote:
i know its gonna devastate me completely for at least 2 weeks.
Not looking forward to it.

If you think like this it's going to happen. Do yourself a favour and just let it affect you for a day, if you have to.

Me thinking about it or not has no bearing on the actual decision.

The NO will break me though. I dunno I can limit it to 1 day though.

Yo thinking about how devastated you will be will not alter the outcome. You may well get the job.

I suppose yes. I have to be rather cryptic but you of all peple would understand why my hopes are not very high. Yes, its about that, there.

Hang in there DragonKhan. It'll get better.

I get the message, Heymans, but my views stand. Hang in there, mate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:43 pm 

You're all brave & solid carnts! :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 pm 

Been a tough week. I found out that my best friend tried to kill himself last year, shortly after I visited him (he has assured me it wasn't the conversation that pushed him over the edge). He's says he's well on the road to recovery, but I'm still struggling to cope with the idea of him even trying; the proverbial "last one you always expect".

Another good friend of mine in Dubai has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Early days but the first few doctors have refused to operate due to the proximity to the spine. Her future is currently very uncertain.

Can't shake either of these from my mind. They are two good people who don't deserve this - but isn't that always the case :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:45 pm 

Well its all shit innit. Every morning I wake up with every fiber of my being screaming at me that I'm an absolute, abject failure, that its all over, that I'm a loser. I cry everyday, the smallest thing cn get me over the edge.

Not the best of times.

I'm gonna ask some pills to my shrink. Its too much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm 

Heymans wrote:
Well its all shit innit. Every morning I wake up with every fiber of my being screaming at me that I'm an absolute, abject failure, that its all over, that I'm a loser. I cry everyday, the smallest thing cn get me over the edge.

Not the best of times.

Are you still in Paris ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:51 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Heymans wrote:

Not the best of times.

Are you still in Paris ?

Yep. this f**king city is doing my head in, I'd like to go back to Montpellier where my mates are but there's no jobs over there. Even less than here, that is. Not that I can get a job in Paris, either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:59 pm 

Heymans wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Heymans wrote:

Not the best of times.

Are you still in Paris ?

Yep. this f**king city is doing my head in, I'd like to go back to Montpellier where my mates are but there's no jobs over there. Even less than here, that is. Not that I can get a job in Paris, either.

Damm fella. You still want tourist stuff using language ? Possibly wine trade down there ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:25 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Heymans wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Heymans wrote:

Not the best of times.

Are you still in Paris ?

Damm fella. You still want tourist stuff using language ? Possibly wine trade down there ?

I dunno mate. Everytime I think about what I should do I just have this feeling that its never gonna work anyway, just like my whole life so far.
Right now I just would like to be left alone for about a week, but that isn't possible.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 pm 

Heymans wrote:

Not the best of times.

I know depression is not rational at all but I still have to remind you that you have a lovely wife and 2 beautiful daughters who all think you mean everything.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:51 pm 

Quote:
I dunno mate. Everytime I think about what I should do I just have this feeling that its never gonna work anyway, just like my whole life so far.
Right

You're demonstrably a very intelligent caring man, I'm sure this could become apparent. You're multi lingual , funny with your main weakness being a love of jazz ;) .

Your children's eyes show you the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Right

You're demonstrably a very intelligent caring man, I'm sure this could become apparent. You're multi lingual , funny with your main weakness being a love of jazz ;) .

They hate jazz too. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Quote:
Right

They hate jazz too. :D

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:00 am 

I quit my job on the first day back - they effectively forced me into a Constructive Dismissal but it's almost impossible to prove here in Oz. The Cunce gyped me out of 20K as well.

Decided to quit for my mental health as I was struggling with my RA and injuries.

Still looking for a new job and making sure I get out of the house everyday and exercise regularly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:22 am 

Heyman

Back to basics, as someone else said. Your wife and children are healthy and love you. Jobs come and go.

Pat the Ex Mat

Talk about kicking a bugger when he's down. Don't worry, you'll soon have SR to cheer you up.

Oh, wait, you're an Aussie....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:29 am 

I've piked the 'Tah's and gone back to the Brumbies*

Man's got to know his limitiations!

Yeah, just spent a few weeks licking my wounds....I have the satisfaction of making sure they'll either fail or need to spend triple what they owed me to get their Compliance through by March. Never screw with the IT Guy :D :twisted:

* My original team when I watched Super 12 in London

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:12 am 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43143889
Good to hear this. Their use in mild/ moderate is still debated. Interesting that Fluoxetine (Prozac) which was a trailblazer for ssris is one of the least effective. My youngest boy spent 7 weeks as a voluntary inpatient with psychotic depression a year ago, and I think that they have helped him a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 am 

Gwenno wrote:
Good to hear this. Their use in mild/ moderate is still debated. Interesting that Fluoxetine (Prozac) which was a trailblazer for ssris is one of the least effective. My youngest boy spent 7 weeks as a voluntary inpatient with psychotic depression a year ago, and I think that they have helped him a lot.

I couldn't get in with amyltripoline at all and that's the most effective on this study. Is your boy back out and balanced now ? Was there drug and alcohol use as well as depression ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:07 am 

bimboman wrote:
Gwenno wrote:

I couldn't get in with amyltripoline at all and that's the most effective on this study. Is your boy back out and balanced now ? Was there drug and alcohol use as well as depression ?

Yes thanks, and yes to the second. Since his experience I have become much more aware of adolescent and young adult depression, and the link with drug and alcohol abuse is so strong must be around 80 -90%. I don't believe that prohibition works, but educating them on the dangers seems to fall on deaf ears too. I am very sympathetic and non judgemental on those young patients in my care, but very early on I will take a drug history - the use seems to be widespread and overt. The other thing it has taught me is that mental health recovery takes a LONG time and that psychiatrists know more than I do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:12 am 

Gwenno wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Gwenno wrote:

Yes thanks, and yes to the second. Since his experience I have become much more aware of adolescent and young adult depression, and the link with drug and alcohol abuse is so strong must be around 80 -90%. I don't believe that prohibition works, but educating them on the dangers seems to fall on deaf ears too. I am very sympathetic and non judgemental on those young patients in my care, but very early on I will take a drug history - the use seems to be widespread and overt. The other thing it has taught me is that mental health recovery takes a LONG time and that psychiatrists know more than I do.

Both my children although young are getting a mild measure of councelling... Plus and I believe there's lots of studies showing it ; developing brains struggle and are affected far more by drugs and alcohol so reasonable decisions for adults regarding prohibition etc aren't useful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:32 am 

bimboman wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Gwenno wrote:

Both my children although young are getting a mild measure of councelling... Plus and I believe there's lots of studies showing it ; developing brains struggle and are affected far more by drugs and alcohol so reasonable decisions for adults regarding prohibition etc aren't useful.

I was naïve in his case - how could a lad playing rugby, with a girlfriend, doing well at school be taking drugs ?- his boozing was less than his elder brothers' but I didn't know about the cannabis in his early teens then the escalation in University. I would have tried some personal prohibition, and I have since, but I don't believe that state prohibition seems to have much effect on population levels of usage. I don't know even now if the effects are permanent. thr psychs are gradually reducing his dosage and we shall see. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:56 am 

Gwenno wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Gwenno wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Gwenno wrote:

I was naïve in his case - how could a lad playing rugby, with a girlfriend, doing well at school be taking drugs ?- his boozing was less than his elder brothers' but I didn't know about the cannabis in his early teens then the escalation in University. I would have tried some personal prohibition, and I have since, but I don't believe that state prohibition seems to have much effect on population levels of usage. I don't know even now if the effects are permanent. thr psychs are gradually reducing his dosage and we shall see. Fingers crossed.

Wishing you all the best, mate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 am 

Cheers Kiwi, :thumbup: . You keeping well?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 am 

The Cipriani et Al article in the Lancet is a good read.
It looks at the effectiveness of commonly used anti depressants for acute depressive disorders.
Can't link it as I'm on my phone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:29 am 

c69 wrote:
The Cipriani et Al article in the Lancet is a good read.
It looks at the effectiveness of commonly used anti depressants for acute depressive disorders.
Can't link it as I'm on my phone.

That's the report referenced a few post and what's being discussed. Don't bother.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:44 pm 

Got my appointment next Wednesday with the councilor. The Girlfriend thinks he will recommend that I go on anti-depressants but I do not want to go near them... I haven't had any moments or anything since the day at least

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:
Got my appointment next Wednesday with the councilor. The Girlfriend thinks he will recommend that I go on anti-depressants but I do not want to go near them... I haven't had any moments or anything since the day at least

Do you know if it's CBT oreientated ?

When I did mine the therapist wanted me off all drugs (I was taking propranolol for anxiety at the time). Before he'd move forward.

Have an open mind, you'll be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:01 pm 

Snooze wrote:
frillage, that was my initial thought too. Just doing some reading now (when I should be working), it seems there is mixed feelings in the medical industry about any drugs for teens. Will have that discussion with the Mrs tonight. We are trying to find a good psychologist now - were given some names from the doc. Hopefully (for me anyway) they can get him sorted and off the drugs. I'd rather he had regular visits to the quack than regularly took Prozac.

Neigs, without you knowing him, you've nailed him. Reclusive of sorts, but does have some regular friends in school. But he goes to the big Catholic school here and so travels an hour to get there. Which means he doesn't have friends "at his front door". That's our fault but it's a great school and he is resigned to being there for his last year and a half. We (wifey) have the talk tonight about what, if anything, to tell them. He doesn't seem to want people to know, but I'm not sure that's healthy (natural though).

Minefield - we have fcuking found it. :frown:

Been a mad few weeks.

Things took a massive turn for the worse about 2 weeks ago. After the diagnosis came a stint with a psych, which we thought went well. But within 24 hours of that he'd made a move to end it all. Couldn't believe it. Now I will say he did a bad job, so I refer to as self harming rather than a full on attempt. But just the speed of the 'fall' got all our attention. So since then we've been trying to take away all low hanging sharp things, and working with him to keep him in a better place. We (parents) seem to think he has started to improve for whatever reason, but if you ask him he says nothings changed - which is worrying. But he's functioning well and eating better (which we all think hasn't helped) so for now we are on a better path than we were earlier in the month.

Talk about sending everyone into a flat spin, but also such an eye opener into the life/mind of a depressed person. It's a crazy blur right now but vision clearing we hope. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm 

Bon chance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:20 pm 

bimboman wrote:
Bon chance.

Oui.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:16 am 

DragonKhan wrote:

CBT did nothing for me - it depends upon your personality - as mentioned, open mind when you go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 am 

Gwenno wrote:
Cheers Kiwi, :thumbup: . You keeping well?

Yes, thanks. Good to hear there is progress with your lad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 am 

ah bah merde alors, heymans, je savais pas que ça n'allait pas ? :shock:

j'ai pas du tout suivi, mais c'est surtout le boulot qui t'a mis la tête dans le seau ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:55 am 

pheww, i've read a few pages back, and it seems a lot in here are having a bad time...

I think i should read backward again to understand better the circumstances... but is your anxiety/depression linked to the pressure at work, or the social insecurity due to jobs being shit ? or has it nothing to do with jobs ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 46  Next