Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:35 pm 

Thanks for your words all, have run EAP and made an appointment.

To GWO2, so sad to hear, hope your meeting with the doctor goes well and that you and your wife get the support you both need. And as someone else said make sure you look after yourself as well.

Speedracer that was a hell of a post and to be able to post it here I think speaks volumes about the good place you're in now, much respect to you and your wife. Hope it all continues on the up for you and your family.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 11:10 pm 

:thumbup:

This is a fundamentally decent old spot when all is said and done. Shitfights and diametrically opposed viewpoints notwithstanding. Just a bunch of lads getting on with getting on. Good luck to all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:28 am 

Insane_Homer wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Tehui wrote:
booji boy wrote:
Tehui wrote:
I agree that it would need to be handled sensitively to avoid creating resentment. However, we do work in a place where people 'hot desk' and move around a lot so it's not that unusual.

I've just spend the entire night tossing & turning and I can't get to sleep. I think i better schedule an appointment with the doctor. I've never experienced anything quite like this before.

I suffer this quite a bit when going through stressful periods at work so I don't think it's that unusual. But seeing your doctor is the smart thing to do as your next step. Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbup:

I saw a doctor today who has prescribed me sleep medication. He suspects most of my symptoms are due to major sleep deprivation. I probably mentioned this in an earlier post, but I've been averaging about 1 hour of sleep a week for the last week. He says that sleep deprivation can do some strange things to people. My heart tests came out normal so that was pleasing.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow after a decent sleep. Thanks to everyone for their constructive feedback.

:thumbup: Hope it does the trick.

Sleeping tablets should be a very short term solution only, be careful with them.

If available where you are I highly recommend CBD oil instead. It helped me tremendously under similar circumstances (work/family stress and insomnia). I took it regularly for about 6 months but now don't use it all all.

Yep, I've already bought natural sleeping aids, and I'll start taking them when the sleeping tablets are completed. I took the week off work as I need to get myself right before I get inundated with work shortly. I'm feeling a lot better physically. I don't know how people can live with chronic anxiety, my short experience of having it was just awful.

I still have to address the problem at work when I return. My health issues were a symptom of what's happened at work, and I can't expect things to be different for me if I don't seek changes there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:46 pm 

Fvck me

Haven't checked this thread in a while!

Massive sympathy love and solidarity to everyone on here.

A particular shout to EverReady and Salanya.

Don't let the bastarding world grind ye down.

Having Survived a Tier one brush with death myself in the last year myself I know I am a very lucky man.

(ER make sure you take Zapps up on his paying for Porter. I will be drinking really expensive whiskey as I am now on Rations and Zapps is Richer than God)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:19 pm 

Thanks lads and seriously good look to those with their own recent travails. It sucks but as Krishnamurti said 'this too shall pass'. I used to think that it was a bit trite but it's been true for me day to day. Didn't realise you had a scare wags. Glad to hear all good. I keep ringing Zappa but somebody called Pussy Galore told me he is tending to his sharks. Sure he'll get back to me :thumbup:

Heading into week 5 with 13 radio and one big bang of chemo left. The big bang of chemo last week fūcked me up but nowhere near as bad as the first. Weight loss is a bit chronic though as in 12 kilos so thinking of putting one of those feeding tubes in my nose for the last few weeks. The mask can't get loose hence the need to keep the weight up. I never got control of the vomiting as in I do it every day a fair bit so the tube bypasses the crap in your throat. We'll see Monday about the tube but overall doing well. Symptoms wise I have the normal weakness, no taste/ things taste rotten, dry mouth, lack of appetite and those thick secretions that clog your throat up but once you puke them up in the am you only need to do it again maybe once in the evening. Pretty manageable to be honest. Pain is grand. They have given me morphine but honestly I don't need it yet. Probably a lull before the last few weeks of storms but yeah this is all pretty grand for the moment. To be honest if one of you want to lick my cancer and try it out it is ok if you want time off work

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:41 pm 

Tough week ER, sorry mate. Chin up :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:40 pm 

Honest to baby Jesus I am pretty Zen these days praise Allah.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:53 pm 

I had colon cancer two years ago ER but it was early stage, was very lucky and didn't need any radiation or chemo. Just surgery where they removed some of the colon and a week in hospital. Still getting regular scans though and will be out of cancer patient process in 3 months.

You're a brave man ER and you're going to beat it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 pm 

Good to hear you’re fighting the good fight ER. I know cancer is common as hell and all that but seems an awful lot of PR posters have been blighted.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 pm 

HKCJ wrote:
Good to hear you’re fighting the good fight ER. I know cancer is common as hell and all that but seems an awful lot of PR posters have been blighted.

The scary thing is like you say, it's very common and at least 1/2 of the posters here on PR will get some form of it in their lifetime.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:25 pm 

Keep fighting ER; if anyone has enough humour to get through such an ordeal, it's you :thumbup:

And thanks for the shout Wag, it's appreciated.

Starting a new job in 5 weeks (a maternity cover, but still), and should move into a new place with the dog in 2 weeks.
Though I've quite enjoyed being a jobless nomad, also now I don't have to worry about job applications anymore (just have to mind the pennies).
And I have got a week of seaside walks coming up in Pembrokeshire, so feeling a bit better at the mo. Though I know I'm in hiding, rather than being recovered, but it's still better than things were.

Keep fighting the good fight everybody, even if it's just sharing your thoughts here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:44 pm 

Salanya wrote:
Keep fighting ER; if anyone has enough humour to get through such an ordeal, it's you :thumbup:

Starting a new job in 5 weeks (a maternity cover, but still), and should move into a new place with the dog in 2 weeks.
Though I've quite enjoyed being a jobless nomad, also now I don't have to worry about job applications anymore (just have to mind the pennies).
And I have got a week of seaside walks coming up in Pembrokeshire, so feeling a bit better at the mo. Though I know I'm in hiding, rather than being recovered, but it's still better than things were.

Keep fighting the good fight everybody, even if it's just sharing your thoughts here!

You should be happy. Netherlands thrashed England last night. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Salanya wrote:

You should be happy. Netherlands thrashed England last night. ;)

Not my idea of a thrashing, more of a Muttley-style chuckle on some of the occasions when the English defenders couldn't kick a ball ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:48 am 

EverReady wrote:
Honest to baby Jesus I am pretty Zen these days praise Allah.

Nice, hedge your bets!
As little as it helps, some absolute plum off the internet are rooting for you and if could take some off the suffering for you we would. I’ll have hair loss (half bald anyway so no skin off my nose)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:42 am 

I understand that ER may be somewhat anxious, but he’s railroaded this hugely important depression/suicidal thread and made it all about his supposed fucking head cancer. Can’t he start his own ‘on the way out’ Fruit&2Veg homage thread? I’m so fucking close to reporting this.

For the record I wish ER the speediest of recoveries. He’s seems to be in good spirits and coping well. Much love. Kia Kaha.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:32 am 

Apologies bungle. I did think it risked me becoming the Kanye West of the bored and I am pretty disappointed I let it happen. From here on in I will just give a simple score e.g.

Cancer 4 Me 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:42 am 

EverReady wrote:
Apologies bungle. I did think it risked me becoming the Kanye West of the bored and I am pretty disappointed I let it happen. From here on in I will just give a simple score e.g.

Cancer 4 Me 6

Feck em mate you post wtf you want.
All the best :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:07 am 

EverReady wrote:

Cancer 4 Me 6

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:21 am 

mr bungle wrote:
I understand that ER may be somewhat anxious, but he’s railroaded this hugely important depression/suicidal thread and made it all about his supposed fucking head cancer. Can’t he start his own ‘on the way out’ Fruit&2Veg homage thread? I’m so fucking close to reporting this.

For the record I wish ER the speediest of recoveries. He’s seems to be in good spirits and coping well. Much love. Kia Kaha.

His Cancer is all in his head, so it counts! In any case, I had some issues with anxiety when I has my brush with Prostate Cancer, and had some counselling as well. It brought a number of issues to a head including some workplace issues.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:24 am 

kiwidutchie wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

His Cancer is all in his head, so it counts! In any case, I had some issues with anxiety when I has my brush with Prostate Cancer, and had some counselling as well. It brought a number of issues to a head including some workplace issues.

Thank you for your earnest response.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:29 am 

Should have seen this thread .

Bit all over the place at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:35 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:43 am 

eugenius wrote:

Yah, your even repeating yourself........ WTF ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:10 am 

kiwidutchie wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

Similar to me actually. I am having a ding dong battle with work over entitlements. HR people are subhuman really

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:17 am 

EverReady wrote:
kiwidutchie wrote:
mr bungle wrote:

Similar to me actually. I am having a ding dong battle with work over entitlements. HR people are subhuman really

Or occupational health people. Most of them profess themselves to be 'doctors', and get paid accordingly. Wankers.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:03 am 

Week something or other but nearly there. Felt good during the week but then got my chemo infection. Same as last time about 10-14 days after chemo you are vulnerable and I have a rake of snotty kids. Temp up to 39.1, puking face off and off into Lukes. Rang them and they tried to send me to James as per weekend protocols and myself and the SHO had a frank discussion about how that wasn't happening. Turns out nurses told him there was no beds when there was two. Not sure what they were at. Anyway nearly there 8/35 radio fractions left and one big bang of chemo. Skin around neck and back quite burnt now so would imagine next week and the week after will be ouchy. Throat still not that sore so not using much morphine. They think I am being a brave little soldier as they say it looks very sore but it genuinely isn't that bad. Totally soft diet now which means soup but it's fine. They wanted to put in the feeding tube at one point but I persuaded them against it as I thought I could do without. So far so goodish. Cancer last night 8 this morning a lowly 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:29 am 

I only occasionally dip into this thread. f**king hell Floppy and ER. Best wishes to both of you.

Can't even begin to imagine having to deal with that. My grandad finally succumbed to it earlier this year. Still occasionally get pangs of grief. I have absolutely no idea how my dad coped so well. Absolute hero, as was my grandad.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 am 

Buddy of mine went through a rough patch a while ago after a break up. Struggled with depression on and off for a long time. He got a bike at one point and it's his new favourite past time. I was worried that he was driving way too fast and irresponsibly, worried that he was being a bit blasé about consequences.

Seems to be doing much better these days, but the other day he managed to rear end a car at speed and ended up in hospital. Nothing broken. Ruptured testicle, torn adductor, and concussion. :uhoh:

Hope to Christ he manages ok once he's back on his feet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:49 am 

Ruptured testicle - two words that ye just wince at Reading

Best way to get over someone, is to meet someone else. I have experience of this - however if your mate has a broken bollock I’m not sure how long he will be out of action for. Can you just imagine, pulling some stunner, back to her place, you get a boner and then all your stitches Ping out and blood rushes out of your bits instead of jizz ?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:36 pm 

This is the guy who played BF and was saying all the funny stuff!
The getting over the gf bit was ages ago, but he's struggled on and off since then. I reckon it kicked off something deeper than just getting over a relationship.

I was worried that he'd ride irresponsibly when his head wasn't right, but as fortune would have it, he hits the back of a car when he's doing ok by all accounts.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:49 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
This is the guy who played BF and was saying all the funny stuff!
The getting over the gf bit was ages ago, but he's struggled on and off since then. I reckon it kicked off something deeper than just getting over a relationship.

I was worried that he'd ride irresponsibly when his head wasn't right, but as fortune would have it, he hits the back of a car when he's doing ok by all accounts.

I suspected it might be this guy, sex parties and “I’m coming on you now Nolanator” type WTF
Tell him to get on there tonight for some shooting therapy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:26 pm 

Checked myself into counselling this week. Guess it's been coming for about 15-17 years ish, so it's never too late I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:38 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Checked myself into counselling this week. Guess it's been coming for about 15-17 years ish, so it's never too late I guess.

:thumbup: , hope it’s right time and place. Hard process but it works. Good luck .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:56 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:

It's very difficult to convince someone to seek counselling. I think it's ultimately a decision for the person affected on their own. Sometimes this can take a long long time. I think I know 3 or 4 mates/acquaintances that could benefit from seeing a counselor, and early on I tried to subtly suggest as much to them or their partners. Now I just leave it. You can lead a horse to water...

Good for you mate. I hope it goes well. You may come out of it somewhat traumatised by what you find in some instances, however it will hopefully be better for your quality of life in the long run.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 am 

Wendigo7 wrote:

Good luck Wendigo hope it all goes well for you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 am 

I can’t quite get my head around how crap I feel after losing a mate to suicide a couple of weeks ago .

A dose of the flu soon after didn’t help , but I feel as weak as a kitten .

It’s very hard not to obsess about mortality and the sheer unblinking pointlessness of it all .

Thank goodness my new jobs been fantastic and I’ve been able to have the time off .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:10 am 

eugenius wrote:
I can’t quite get my head around how crap I feel after losing a mate to suicide a couple of weeks ago .

A dose of the flu soon after didn’t help , but I feel as weak as a kitten .

It’s very hard not to obsess about mortality and the sheer unblinking pointlessness of it all .

Thank goodness my new jobs been fantastic and I’ve been able to have the time off .

I think I would feel the same way bro. I hope you have people around you who you can talk to about it. No use letting those feelings simmer, it will only eat you up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:25 am 

Ive posted off and on to this thread over the years. Always makes for very sober reading. Wanna wish all of ye, in whatever headwinds you're facing, the very best of luck and fortitude to stay going.

Count my blessing every day for the good fortune I have.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:24 pm 

Wignu wrote:

To GWO2, so sad to hear, hope your meeting with the doctor goes well and that you and your wife get the support you both need. And as someone else said make sure you look after yourself as well.

Speedracer that was a hell of a post and to be able to post it here I think speaks volumes about the good place you're in now, much respect to you and your wife. Hope it all continues on the up for you and your family.

Thanks Wignu, she has seen the doctor and the psychiatrist and has been diagnosed as having Dementia. Finding it very hard on occasions, especially when she cannot remember which channel she wants to watch on TV or even know how to switch the TV on. I seem to cope ok mainly but find it does not take much to make me weepy. I think I`ve cried more tears this last six months than I had when I was a baby, and I`m 73 now. :lol: The Upside is they have given her a tablet they believe can slow it right down and even slightly boost her as it is early.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:01 pm 

GWO2 wrote:
Wignu wrote:

Thanks Wignu, she has seen the doctor and the psychiatrist and has been diagnosed as having Dementia. Finding it very hard on occasions, especially when she cannot remember which channel she wants to watch on TV or even know how to switch the TV on. I seem to cope ok mainly but find it does not take much to make me weepy. I think I`ve cried more tears this last six months than I had when I was a baby, and I`m 73 now. :lol: The Upside is they have given her a tablet they believe can slow it right down and even slightly boost her as it is early.

Not sure if it'd make you feel better or worse, but perhaps worth looking at 'The Restaurant that makes mistakes', on Channel 4. A restaurant staffed by people with dementia, showing all the different varieties and situations. I thought it was really educational, as well as touching.

And best of luck with your situation, and don't be afraid to ask for help, share, vent or shed some tears - it's just a way of processing what is a very difficult situation; it's really hard to see someone you love change in such a way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next