Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:00 am 

I was on prozac for anxiety for a couple of years, I found it did help. I regret going off them, I will mention that to the doc when I see him next month.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 am 

kiwidutchie wrote:
So....

In the spirit of unburdening. I would have to say that the last five or six years have been a bit of a mare. With a bastard of a boss (We had a staff turnover over 3 years of 400%), health problems (Cancer for me, and my Brother. Remitting/relapsing MS for my wife, and a major hysterectomy for her as well) things could have gone smoother.

So now, at the end of 2019, our health problems seem to be mostly behind us. The MS is in check, the cancer is done and I am now in a great job, with great people and a great boss, and midway through December, I just tanked emotionally. I was so far down, and for no apparent reason apart from the possibility that the last 6 years took way more of a toll than I thought. So I saw a counsellor (Which my new job paid for!), who referred me to my GP. Turns out, I'm depressed. Clinically. Who would have thought as I seem like a happy go lucky guy!

Anyway, I am now on antidepressants. Low Dose, 1/2 a tab a day. Have been since Xmas Eve. The change has been huge. The anxiety has dropped, I'm more sociable, more assertive. After a week, My tastebuds seemed to reboot. I was tasting food again and I hadn't realized I had stopped tasting food. I don't explode at the kids. We laugh, smile. Honestly, it has been a revelation.

Having to turn to this sort of solution was something I never thought I would do. We try to be staunch and power our way through, but I have to say, that even though I am at the start of this process, I should have done it long ago. I am starting to realise what an immense strain I must have been for my family. It feels good to be able to do right by them as well.

Don't be afraid to ask for help. It could be the best thing you can do for yourself, and for those around you.

A highly impressive post. Well done and all the best

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:37 am 

True Blue wrote:
I was on prozac for anxiety for a couple of years, I found it did help. I regret going off them, I will mention that to the doc when I see him next month.

I held off resuming it for too long. Wasn't pleasant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:29 am 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business- ... ng-burnout

For those feeling low due to burnout. Though I'm not sure the suggested 'remedies' will help much: there's only so much water one can drink ;)

But the note on getting support is important.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 am 

Sydvicious wrote:
Last year was the first Christmas without my kids and I thought that was one of the worst experiences ever. I have limited contact with them, but the longing for them is just amplified over the festive period.
This year, in addition to not being with them, I'm actually working as well.
I made a lot of mistakes (which put me in the position I'm in), but I wouldn't wish this on my enemies.

Hey Siddie, sorry to hear this Boet. Hope it is getting better now.

Divorce?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 pm 

Don't ftequent this thread much but it is a gem.
My dog died and I can not cope. Ffs a few years ago I would have said it is a dog.
I am an emotional mess and not in control..
Not a clue wtf to do

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 pm 

c69 wrote:
My dog died and I can not cope. Ffs a few years ago I would have said it is a dog.
Not a clue wtf to do
Troll the shit out of some assholes.

I am told I have cPTSD from finding a body of a loved one who took their own life. Come at me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 pm 

c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

Sorry to hear that. Like you I would never have thought I could get so attached to our furry friends - they take over the household!

Mine is ticking by in years now and I dread the day. All the best :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:45 pm 

AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

I am told I have cPTSD from finding a body of a loved one who took their own life. Come at me.

Hey guys, we are not natural allies in the big knockabout world of PR, but I understand where you are at and know you can / will emerge from the other side of this stuff. Go well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:45 pm 

Derwyn wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

Sorry to hear that. Like you I would never have thought I could get so attached to our furry friends - they take over the household!

Mine is ticking by in years now and I dread the day. All the best :thumbup:

Thanks and thanks Andy..
I will make an effort not torely on alcohol, I have no more tears

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:02 pm 

nuffsaid wrote:
AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

Hey guys, we are not natural allies in the big knockabout world of PR, but I understand where you are at and know you can / will emerge from the other side of this stuff. Go well.

Thanks. I've learned to live with constant exhaustion and flashbacks but just feeling guilt, anger etc is harder. I have suicidal thoughts myself almost every day for years and fairly regularly that will push over into ultimate hopelessness where I start making plans. I've not tried to go through with anything though, it would kill my mother for a start. I'm just screaming into the void, I don't really want sympathy I'm just lonely right now and have nowhere to unload, I don't care if I'm trolled over it. I wouldn't put it up here if I did.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:07 pm 

You wouldn't get trolled on it. Are you linked in with community mental health services or do they do it like that there? Sorry to hear about your dog c69. I was pretty emotional when the last fella went and like you didn't expect it. I am overall way more emotional these days. The women in my life including the oncologist thinks its great but I am not so sure. I am ready to cry A LOT :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:31 pm 

EverReady wrote:
You wouldn't get trolled on it. Are you linked in with community mental health services or do they do it like that there?

Yeah man, I also work and study in mental health. :lol:I keep very busy most of the time. I am getting treatment and improving maybe shrugs
I'm also a piece of shit in that I have hurt people I care a lot about in that time but whatever I guess you just got to pick yourself up and try do better tomorrow or whatever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:37 pm 

That's it really isn't it. Sometimes it's just keeping the show on the road

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:42 pm 

AND-y wrote:
Thanks. I've learned to live with constant exhaustion and flashbacks but just feeling guilt, anger etc is harder. I have suicidal thoughts myself almost every day for years and fairly regularly that will push over into ultimate hopelessness where I start making plans. I've not tried to go through with anything though, it would kill my mother for a start. I'm just screaming into the void, I don't really want sympathy I'm just lonely right now and have nowhere to unload, I don't care if I'm trolled over it. I wouldn't put it up here if I did.

Don't try and do it all alone. Sounds tough and more than anyone can just live with without it dragging them down. Hope things get better for you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:44 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Don’t forget or be too brave to ask someone else to take the wheel occasionally. You don’t always have to be the stoic captain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:56 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Don’t forget or be too brave to ask someone else to take the wheel occasionally. You don’t always have to be the stoic captain.

Ah yeah I totally agree now. I think I mentioned before when my yoke kicked off I met with the radiation consultant and she is a brilliant but hard women. Also a ride by the by. Anyway she said you will see the dietician as you will lose up to 3 stone (I lost 4) and the speech and language as you will struggle swallowing and opening your mouth and the psycho-oncologist as you will need support through the treatment. I asked what they were and told the psychologist. I wasn't into it but she told me I was and that was that. She has that way. Anyway the psycho-oncologist, also a ride by the by, became absolutely essential to me getting through it. I was reticent for about three weeks but then let go. Hence the fücking emotions

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:59 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Totally. I love that bit in the Matrix when she is on the ground paralysed with fear and she's just like "Get. Up." :thumbup:

Obviously I know it's not always possible and if anybody reading this is unable to function they should get help and not try to force it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:11 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Ah yeah I totally agree now. I think I mentioned before when my yoke kicked off I met with the radiation consultant and she is a brilliant but hard women. Also a ride by the by. Anyway she said you will see the dietician as you will lose up to 3 stone (I lost 4) and the speech and language as you will struggle swallowing and opening your mouth and the psycho-oncologist as you will need support through the treatment. I asked what they were and told the psychologist. I wasn't into it but she told me I was and that was that. She has that way. Anyway the psycho-oncologist, also a ride by the by, became absolutely essential to me getting through it. I was reticent for about three weeks but then let go. Hence the fücking emotions

Have you met any health professionals you didn’t want to ride?!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:14 pm 

A year ago today my dad went to sleep for the last time and never woke up.

Dementia is a bastard and I wasn't there for him.

Last edited by Insane_Homer on Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:26 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Not many in any profession but to be clear this pair are off the wall good looking.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:27 pm 

Insane_Homer wrote:
A year ago today my dad went to sleep for the last time and ever woke up.

Dementia is a bastard and I wasn't there for him.

I think I remember that. Don't beat yourself up too badly as we don't think often until it is too late

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:33 pm 

AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

Sorry to hear AND-y. You don’t seem as harsh or negative as you were a year or two ago.
c69, just remember you have a bigger schlong than all of Ireland.

I will say lads, you could have done with a Welsh victory this weekend. As we know, victories, especially against a great rival is a great tonic.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:36 pm 

YOYO wrote:
AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

Sorry to hear AND-y. You don’t seem as harsh or negative as you were a year or two ago.
I will say lads, you could have done with a Welsh victory this weekend. As we know, victories, especially against a great rival is a great tonic.

Thanks Yoyo but I am totally head fecked. Totallybl visceral and I can not control the tears.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:45 pm 

YOYO wrote:
AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

:lol: Thanks but it's a game, a pantomime, entertainment. If nothing else I've gained some perspective.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 pm 

C69, if it's any help, whenever I see someone posting a picture and RIP text about their dog, I start crying, mostly as I then look at my dog and can't even contemplate the loss when he were to die.

The bond between humans and their dogs really can't be underestimated. Allow yourself to grieve.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:53 pm 

Salanya wrote:
C69, if it's any help, whenever I see someone posting a picture and RIP text about their dog, I start crying, mostly as I then look at my dog and can't even contemplate the loss when he were to die.

The bond between humans and their dogs really can't be underestimated. Allow yourself to grieve.

Thanks myself and my family will grieve and cry or laugh if we need to.
My teenage daughter has been so considerate and empathic whilst dealing with her own emotions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:56 pm 

c69 wrote:

My teenage daughter has been so considerate and empathic whilst dealing with her own emotions.

That's a compliment to how you raised her. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:07 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
c69 wrote:

That's a compliment to how you raised her. :thumbup:

Thanks, she has been a rock :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:20 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
EverReady wrote:

The bloke who managed my recent heart attack was resistible, tbf.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:29 pm 

AND-y wrote:
EverReady wrote:
You wouldn't get trolled on it. Are you linked in with community mental health services or do they do it like that there?

Yeah man, I also work and study in mental health. :lol:I keep very busy most of the time. I am getting treatment and improving maybe shrugs
I'm also a piece of shit in that I have hurt people I care a lot about in that time but whatever I guess you just got to pick yourself up and try do better tomorrow or whatever.

Yeah, you are right. You can’t do anything about yesterday, but tomorrow? Maybe you can. Or maybe the day after that. And hurting people you care about is part of the human condition. We all do it. Doesn’t make it feel any better but it does mean you’re not the first, won’t be the last, and you’re probably not a piece of shit, really.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:34 pm 

Everybody thinks they’re tough until they have a dog put down. I was upset when my dad died but toughed it out. When I took the dog to the vets I couldn’t even speak, it was horrendous.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:38 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Everybody thinks they’re tough until they have a dog put down. I was upset when my dad died but toughed it out. When I took the dog to the vets I couldn’t even speak, it was horrendous.
:(
My dog passed away before my eyes, she had a massive heart attack.
Thank God it was me not the wife or child.
I am heart broken :(

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 pm 

AND-y wrote:
nuffsaid wrote:
AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

Hey AND_y, we have had our differences on here but I’m really sorry to hear of your troubles. You will get trolled over many things on this bored but this thread is a safe space and we are all here to support you in any way we can. Unload your problems. You are not alone and you have somewhere to unload.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:28 pm 

Winnie wrote:
AND-y wrote:
nuffsaid wrote:
AND-y wrote:
c69 wrote:
Not a clue wtf to do

Hey AND_y, we have had our differences on here but I’m really sorry to hear of your troubles. You will get trolled over many things on this bored but this thread is a safe space and we are all here to support you in any way we can. Unload your problems. You are not alone and you have somewhere to unload.

Y'know what Winnie there isn't actually anything anyone can say to me on here that would hurt me so seeing as you're willing to let me use you as a punching bag you can do the same right back to me. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:30 pm 

AND-y wrote:
Y'know what Winnie there isn't actually anything anyone can say to me on here that would hurt me so seeing as you're willing to let me use you as a punching bag you can do the same right back to me. :lol:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:31 pm 

Got yr back Andy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:34 pm 

c69 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

I held my dog while the vet injected her and she died in my arms. The vet let me leave by the back door, as I was crying my eyes out. Still brings a tear to my eye if I think about it and that was twelve years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:14 am 

c69 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

She took yesterday’s loss even harder than Jeff :((

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:20 am 

GWO2 wrote:
c69 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

I held my dog while the vet injected her and she died in my arms. The vet let me leave by the back door, as I was crying my eyes out. Still brings a tear to my eye if I think about it and that was twelve years ago.

Same here but it was my usually cool, calm, reserved wife who was howling her eyes out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next